Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek)

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) - Page 4 Empty Re: Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek)

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:31 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Ok, no? just me....  Ashamed ?

The older he gets, the better he looks, I think, especially when he shaves off his facial hair.  I'm not a big fan of beards and mustaches. Yuck
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:57 pm

I have to correct myself.  That dress you liked was from her waltz, not her contemporary.  She emoted a lot in that dance, too.  
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:09 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Actually I think I'm becoming mesmerized by Derek!!!! Anyone else think he is looking especially fine this season? Man dance
Not just you, sis (hey, we finally agree again!) But for me it's not even about looks, it's the attitude that makes him more likeable I guess. As I said earlier, much more relaxed and bonding with the others. Now back to Bindi, and this will be my last comment on this. I get it that you find her sort of one-dimensional, and I can't even completely disagree. To me, it's just more important that she's authentic. Matta fixed.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:50 pm

Yes...hahaha...we are in agreement about Derek...I even saw a picture of Maks,Peta, Val, Nicole Volnets her hubby  and another couple ..and..Keo and Derek together at what looked like a party at some ones house on Sat night..............so nice when everybody plays nice Cancan dance

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:55 pm

I always knew they get along better than their so called fans approve.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Bindi's dress tonight:

Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) - Page 4 Rs_1024x759-151019101906-1024.bindi-dirty-dancing-sketch.ch.101915
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:45 pm

At the last minute, they had to sew the dress to her underwear in order to do the lift.  They had seconds to spare!

Next week, Bindi and Derek will be doing an Argentine Tango to this spooky vampire song:

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:23 pm

Hey Derek, how many times did you watch that movie with Julianne or even Jennifer? I thought you had your Patrick Swayze down perfectly!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:06 pm

Too funny!

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:29 am

I thought that Bindi's Vampire Queen Argentine Tango was quite good tonight.  She delivered something that no one thought she would be capable of in the way of fierceness and it earned her "wow" points.  They will be talking about it all week down under. 

Meanwhile, she is getting a lot of body shaming stuff thrown at her on social media.  She has had to publicly ask people this week to stop trying to bully her. 

Nothing like success to bring out the resentful mean people.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudoplatov Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:07 am

Bindi seems to be the most cheerful of the stars during the rehearsal outtakes.

Sudoplatov

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:15 am

Bindi is always cheerful.  lol

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:38 am

Sudoplatov wrote:Bindi seems to be the most cheerful of the stars during the rehearsal outtakes.

I think she sees it all as an adventure to relish and she is competing with herself alone, not caring if someone else winds up with the MBT.   And Derek is enjoying that, keeping everything light and fun.   But even Val, who is so serious so much of the time, said he had a blast working with her because of her upbeat and positive attitude.

I do notice, though, that every one of her packages has told a story outside the rehearsal room.  Like this one tonight, with her trying to scare people in the hallways and being lousy at it.  I'm thinking that Derek plans things like that to amuse viewers.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:47 am

kincaid53 wrote:Actually I think I'm becoming mesmerized by Derek!!!! Anyone else think he is looking especially fine this season? Man dance
High five  I DO ,I DO!!  Love
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 am

Psychee22 wrote:Too funny!

Hilarious!  Laughing   Thanks for sharing it!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:18 pm

@dori1333... you are welcome!

Other:  Just saw an interview with Derek from, perhaps, last Saturday?  Apparently, Bindi was sick this week.  Makes you wonder if that cesspool they were practicing in last week had something to do with that!  I'm really surprised that they didn't both come down with eye infections.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:36 pm

Wow.  If I didn't know who Derek was dancing with, I would have thought it another pro.  I've been rooting for her to win the whole time but this one really cemented it.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by jazztoday Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:39 pm

dori1333 wrote:

Oh, I love Derek this season; never thought I'd say that. He and Bindi are delightful together.

jazztoday

Back to top Go down

Post by jazztoday Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:41 pm

dori1333 wrote:

Last edited by jazztoday on Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

jazztoday

Back to top Go down

Post by jazztoday Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:43 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Not just you, sis (hey, we finally agree again!) But for me it's not even about looks, it's the attitude that makes him more likeable I guess. As I said earlier, much more relaxed and bonding with the others. Now back to Bindi, and this will be my last comment on this. I get it that you find her sort of one-dimensional, and I can't even completely disagree. To me, it's just more important that she's authentic. Matta fixed.

You nailed it: Bindi is authentic for sure.

jazztoday

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Derek's blog came out today... listen to this...

"Since it's Halloween, I'll leave you with a story that is simultaneously gross and indicative of how awesome Bindi is. Yesterday, she had her socks off and my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw her feet. Three of her toenails have fallen off, she had huge blisters all over and bruises on her knees. It was not pretty! She was like, "Oh, yeah, they fell off yesterday. That one was bleeding last night." I was like, "Bindi, you gotta tell me." And she was like, "Oh, it's nothing." I said, "No, I gotta know when you're hurting." She was like, "No, really, I'm fine. It's not a big deal." I've had partners who needed to take a 20-minute break if it's one little blister. Bindi is a badass."

For the rest, go to:  http://www.tvguide.com/news/dancing-derek-hough-blog-week7-bindi-iriwn/
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by jazztoday Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:09 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Derek's blog came out today... listen to this...

"Since it's Halloween, I'll leave you with a story that is simultaneously gross and indicative of how awesome Bindi is. Yesterday, she had her socks off and my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw her feet. Three of her toenails have fallen off, she had huge blisters all over and bruises on her knees. It was not pretty! She was like, "Oh, yeah, they fell off yesterday. That one was bleeding last night." I was like, "Bindi, you gotta tell me." And she was like, "Oh, it's nothing." I said, "No, I gotta know when you're hurting." She was like, "No, really, I'm fine. It's not a big deal." I've had partners who needed to take a 20-minute break if it's one little blister. Bindi is a badass."

For the rest, go to:  http://www.tvguide.com/news/dancing-derek-hough-blog-week7-bindi-iriwn/
I would say she is awesome. I really like Bindi and Derek together. He seems more relaxed this season and seems to be having fun with Bindi as a partner. I love when they get 10s.

jazztoday

Back to top Go down

Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) - Page 4 Empty News.com.au article

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:22 pm

October 29, 2015

Angela Mollard, NewsComAu
Link:  Blossoming Bindi

Blossoming Bindi: How she went from Robo-kid to influential teen

UNLIKE snakes, crocodiles shed their skins in stages. One scale drops off to be replaced by another and then another and so, over time, the creature grows up but you don’t quite realise it’s happening.

Such is the case with Bindi Irwin.

Once a precocious and rehearsed Robo-kid who we feared was being raised as a mini-me version of her extraordinary father, Bindi has been quietly shedding her skin, emerging this year as a vibrant young woman of her own making.

This week she was chosen by Time Magazine as one of the world’s 30 Most Influential Teens.

She stands alongside predictable names such as Kylie and Kendall Jenner, and Will Smith’s son Jaden, but also those notable not for who they are but what they’ve done: Olivia Hallisey, who invented a new way to test for the Ebola virus; Ashima Shiraishi, a skilled rock climber.

It’s a remarkable achievement, not only because it signifies Bindi’s transition from Aussie icon to global influencer but because it proves something many of us doubted: her authenticity.

Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) - Page 4 Ba1c92b00224e0d50b62d2a65c501855
What a transformation.Source:Sunday Style
Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) - Page 4 Addca70de5c76d4f29e434a4b2f97a61
Bindi back in 2007. Picture: Stuart RamsonSource:News Corp Australia

When Bindi, in plaits and pint-sized khaki, delivered the eulogy at her dad’s memorial we were moved by her loss. But we were also concerned. She seemed precociously talented but unnervingly enthusiastic; seamlessly confident and camera-ready; a little girl burdened by adult goals.

Critically, there seemed no distinction between Bindi and brand. Did she ever cry? Have a tantrum? Refuse to unstack the dishwasher? And what of her mum? Was Terri so intent on raising her daughter in Steve’s image that she was failing to allow her a childhood? Why the homeschooling? Surely a kid raised in a zoo needed the normalcy of a classroom?

What we didn’t appreciate — and what’s now gloriously obvious — is that Bindi simply needed the space to grow up, to craft an identity, to shed some of the scales biologically bequeathed for others of her own choosing.

Would her dad have performed on Dancing With The Stars? Probably not, but in doing so Bindi has released some of the emotion that seemed trapped beneath her ever-smiling veneer. When you’re on posters and TV and there’s a doll made in your image it must be very hard to show that you’re just an ordinary girl who misses her dad.

Would her mum have posed in a black dress, straw hat and brogues on the cover of a magazine? Unlikely, because she prefers her khaki, but Bindi, curious, fashion-conscious and teenage, thought it was a laugh and the perfect way to celebrate her 17th birthday. “Khaki is a part of who I am,” she said, “but it’s fun to get dressed up every now and then. Being a bit of a girl is always exciting.”

Most young celebrities build on their brand by doing something bigger, bolder, more noteworthy. They speak up (Malala Yousafzai) or do something infamous (Justin Beiber) or possess a jaw-dropping talent (Lorde). But Bindi’s done the opposite. She’s peeled back the extraordinary to show us the ordinary and in doing so she’s become more authentic and relatable.

Her Instagram, peppered with pretty images and inspirational quotes, is any girl’s. Her enthusiastic use of Skype and Snapchat are teenage typical. Being open about her boyfriend, professional wakeboarder Chandler Powell, shows she’s not exclusively besotted with reptiles!

That Bindi has broken free of her rehearsed, sometimes saccharine, image is not just symptomatic of her growing maturity but the guidance of her mum. Terri Irwin has long been cast as the arch-manipulator, shaping her daughter in her late husband’s image and desperate to protect and polish Brand Irwin.

In fact she has done an exemplary job. Teenagers are tricky enough when their lives and challenges and failures are anonymous. But when you’re raising a girl with a famous face and big dreams, your parenting decisions are there for all to critique.

Every article on Bindi concludes that her dad would be proud. Yes, he would. But this evolving Bindi, this girl of khaki and heart, is a tribute to herself, and her mum, who knew what to do all along.

Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) - Page 4 4aa05e3863cb4738074391032c75d27b
Bindi has been very open about her relationship with professional wakeboarder Chandler PoSource:Instagram
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:54 pm

Oddly enough, or perhaps perversely enough, this was a dance from Bindi I actually enjoyed. Finally, something different from her and done well. She has been, TO ME, so one note but this was a departure.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:07 pm

I agree sis I enjoyed it also!!.....Beautiful dress, pretty hair and a really good Foxtrot......not sure I'm seeing the shoulder thing....just like I never saw misconnect hands in Tamars dance last week.

I liked her rehearsal package also...I think she probably is one tough little chica....(I have no idea where that came from) hahaha!!

She seemed more grown up tonight....not the giggly little girl....maybe it was the Grace character....I also am a great admirer of Princess Grace......can't believe she even knows about her!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top