Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek)

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) Empty Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek)

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:02 pm

An early favourite of many.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) Empty Never Worn High Heels Before

Post by Psychee22 Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:19 pm

It's been reported that Bindi had never worn high heels before enrolling in this contest.  You'd never know that from watching her dance in them!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) Empty Re: Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek)

Post by peebeeb Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:34 pm

I enjoy watching them dance.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:58 pm

I really like them together.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singinintherain Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Bendi is a natural and sure appears to have been blessed with her Dad's charisma & personality!  If she's not in the final 3 with Derek; it will really surprise me!

singinintherain
singinintherain

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Oh CarrieA, that was NOT a nine! It was good but come on!!!!! 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:02 pm

Please vote a lot for Bindi, because there is another elimination tomorrow night.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Lesallee wrote:Oh CarrieA, that was NOT a nine! It was good but come on!!!!! 

I rather thought that a nine from Carrie Ann was appropriate since she seemed to score a lot of other people higher than the other judges.  25 points also seemed like it was right... just one point better than the other great dancers.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Not nine worthy to me. Even Julianne and Bruno looked a little askance at that score!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:44 pm

Lesallee wrote:Not nine worthy to me. Even Julianne and Bruno looked a little askance at that score!

I can understand that.  But Carrie Ann gives some things more weight than others, and scores differently than the other judges.  Julianne, I think, this year will be taking over the role of "technical" judge.  We can expect her scores to be closer to what Len used to give out, and may give the lowest scores.  Carrie Ann will continue to score high any performance that taps into her emotions, and Bruno will (continue to) go for the sexy and artistic, I think.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:48 pm

Lesallee wrote:Oh CarrieA, that was NOT a nine! It was good but come on!!!!! 
LoL!!..........it's ok sis and remember Dereks partners usually get that 1 point higher putting them in position to pick first when team dances come around.  It's a produced show and there is  method to their madness...bwaaahahahahaha!!   
    Ok back to the dance...........I love watching Derek do a Tango.    This was an ambitious one  and I thought she kept up pretty good, but at times it looked to me like she was just hanging on. She looked pretty tonight and so did Paula.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:15 pm

Yeah Sis, I've watched this show plenty long enough to know how the Derek thing works but sometimes it still browns me off.  

Now I better go and pay attention to The Voice.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:19 am

I wonder who the little girl is who is sitting with Bindi's mom Terri and her brother.  Anyone know?  I don't think Bindi has a little sister.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:26 am

I think this show will be a piece of cake for Bindy. She's pretty smart and learning new steps and routines will be no problem for her. After all if she can handle snakes and have little fear of crocks, as well as appear before huge crowds, and has appeared in movies and television since she was very young,I can't see her having any problem learning how to dance very well. It's just a matter of how quickly her competition will get to her level to make things interesting. Chasing butterflies  

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:32 pm

Dancing is really separate from how smart you are or how well you can handle animals.  Bill Nye was smart and couldn't dance.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:20 pm

Bill Nye was 57 when he was on the show while Bindy is a mere 17.Bill is pretty much an egghead probably a couch potato. Bindy is an outdoorsy gal who has to concentrate on her surroundings (Wildlife) and obviously has no fear or you could say has to be very confident. She has no fear of failing, an important guality to have in learning to dance. She's been in showbiz since she was very young. We have a winner

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:27 pm

Age doesn't have anything to do with it.  Bill seemed pretty lithe.  Being an outdoor person and in showbiz doesn't have anything to do with it either.  A lot of people are in show biz who can't dance.  You have to have a sense of rhythm.  You can be as confident as you want to be and not be able to dance.  You can't will yourself to be a good dancer unless you already have some skill for it.  If Bindi has more skill for dancing, it's just because she has the skill and not because she is an outdoor person and has been in showbiz most of her life.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:26 am

You have to have the pins and some atheleticism and the desire to work very hard to get good at dancing,it's not an inherited skill. Now if you have those qualities, learning to dance  at an early age is a big leg up because that's when our minds,vision and physical capabilities are at their best.It doesn't mean that someone who is middle aged can't become somewhat accomplished. In Bill Nyes case he was lithe for his age but not a serious threat to the front runners. Btw this goes for sports like golf ,figure skating and tennis as well.Look at the cast this season it's fairly obvious the younger ones are going to prevail or already look quite good. IT's lots of very hard repetitious work.

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Yes, the younger ones will prevail but some people just can't dance no matter what, just like some people can't sing or do other things.  Some people are just naturals at dancing and some people don't have any grace and are klutzes and a good teacher and all the practice isn't going to make much difference for them.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:57 pm

It doesn't matter where it comes from. Bindi is darn good. You can tell it because Derek is just dancing with her. No props, no gimmicks. I'm pleasantly surprised.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SweetTart Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Not nine worthy to me. Even Julianne and Bruno looked a little askance at that score!

I can understand that.  But Carrie Ann gives some things more weight than others, and scores differently than the other judges.  Julianne, I think, this year will be taking over the role of "technical" judge.  We can expect her scores to be closer to what Len used to give out, and may give the lowest scores.  Carrie Ann will continue to score high any performance that taps into her emotions, and Bruno will (continue to) go for the sexy and artistic, I think.

Does it seem like Carrie Ann tends to score her favorites a little better than others?  She makes no bones about the "lifts", she will mark them down one point.  But sometimes she gives a stinging critique to a couple, but then doesn't mark them down.  I think she plays favorites sometimes!  If the lifts are so important, why don't the other 2 mark down?  They rarely ever do.  Confused
SweetTart
SweetTart
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by jazztoday Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:29 pm

Bindi and Derek are my favorite couple.

jazztoday

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:23 am

SweetTart wrote:
Does it seem like Carrie Ann tends to score her favorites a little better than others?  She makes no bones about the "lifts", she will mark them down one point.  But sometimes she gives a stinging critique to a couple, but then doesn't mark them down.  I think she plays favorites sometimes!  If the lifts are so important, why don't the other 2 mark down?  They rarely ever do.  Confused
Through all the seasons with the original judges panel, Carrie Ann has watched for lifts, Len had an eye on content, footwork, and breaking hold in ballroom, and Bruno's focus was posture and timing. All of them have marked couples down, just for different reasons. Remember it is still a dance show rather than a pure competition, so there are no technocrats or step-counting robots at the table. They are expected to give individual scores. Performance value and personality do count as well, and Carrie Ann is there for the big emotions. I wouldn't call it favoritism. In the long run, it has always been balanced by the others. Len has scored higher than the other two quite often, and so has Bruno. Julianne has learned pretty quick how this game is played.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:48 am

jazztoday wrote:Bindi and Derek are my favorite couple.
I'm all for Team SharNick, but first to admit there are several potential winners this season. Bindi is certainly one of them and a joy to watch. None of the youngsters so far got closer to the MBT than Zendaya and Sadie. Wouldn't it be totally Hough to break the spell and take her all the way? I don't think I would complain. There, I said it.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:00 pm

Just wanted to throw in that another young star Kyle with his partner Lacey was also the runner up in his season.  They remain one of my favorites!   Smile
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top