Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek)

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) - Page 5 Empty Re: Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek)

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:04 am

That was a fantastic routine by Bindi and Derek and I loved the song!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:52 am

Finally........ Bindi's black gown as the Grace Kelly character was gorgeous.The bodice cut was so flattering for her and not dowdy as I've been complaining about with all of her other costumes.

Then......three steps backward for the costume department for her dance off costume. grrrrr.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:56 am

Her dance-off costume was the one she wore for her cha-cha with Val.  It wasn't new.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:42 pm

Question ? How in the world is that child dancing on those poor feet? I hurt just watching her!  Applause
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:35 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Her dance-off costume was the one she wore for her cha-cha with Val.  It wasn't new.
I know I didn't like the bodice. So not flattering for her youthful appearance. Bindi did look stunning in that black sparkly number.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:56 pm

luvthepros wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:Her dance-off costume was the one she wore for her cha-cha with Val.  It wasn't new.
I know I didn't like the bodice. So not flattering for her youthful appearance. Bindi did look stunning in that black sparkly number.

Yeah, I think off the shoulder with a strapless bra, showing quite a bit of cleavage,  is always quite flattering for a big bosomed woman.    BIndi shows progressively more cleavage as the weeks go on...probably for that very reason...  and the black garment helps, too.

But do you remember how much your boobs hurt when you were young and they got bounced around?   I think this is one kind of pain she isn't talking about.  When they cinch her up, she shouldn't feel it, but when they relax that, she's got bouncing pain to endure. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:39 am

Oh, yes, I know what you are talking about (the bounce). LOL
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:22 pm

She looks like she wears Padded Bras.
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:22 am

What are your opinions on the Judge rejecting Bindi's contract with ABC until she proves her Dad is dead! It seems her Mom signed to release all of Bindis earnings to her ,since shes only 17,but the Judge wants her Dad to sign off on it also!  Now I understand the Judge may be a stickler for details but wouldn't a death certificate clear that up  and Why didn't the ABC attorneys take care of that in the beginning?  Just asking! Confused
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi Dori, You know how I feel about this subject but I'll give the cleaned up version here.
There is no excuse for any judge to wait until halfway through a season to start trouble that obviously doesn't need to be started. If some person or persons, set this in motion to try to get Bindi thrown off the show, shame on them, because that won't do it. She is after all Steve Irwin's daughter, and we all know he was one tough cookie. I agree the attorneys should have handled this whole mess before the season started, but since they didn't do their jobs correctly this kid has to go through as yet another hard reminder that she is one parent away from being an orphan. Seriously not cool in my book. The judge and her being a stickler for details could have handled her end out of court and just contacted Bindi's mother for a copy of the DC which would have ended all of this but as you can see she apparently wasn't smart enough for that. So that leads me to a question for you. Ready?

What do you call a lawyer with an IQ of 50?

(answer: Your Honor)
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi Mama, As usual your right .Aren't all Mamas?? Welcome to the board! Flowers  High five
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:19 pm

dori1333 wrote:Hi Mama, As usual your right .Aren't all Mamas?? Welcome to the board! Flowers  High five
Thanks Dori, This certainly is an interesting place to talk. I appreciate you introducing me to it.  Flower
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:59 pm

Wasn't that impressed with the dance...the dress or her hair.  It was also a little, ok a lot weird to me a 17 year old wanting to get in on waxing a mans chest...this is not the meek, 'oh I hope she gets immunity so she doesn't have to choose someone to dance against, because it will just hurt her too much.' as one poster said..........She used a quote last week..'don't confuse kindness with weakness'    the first time I heard that quote was a couple   of seasons ago when the meryl shippers were all over Peta and she used it..........some said the quote insinuated 'you should watch your back,    soooooo   Nick,Tamar,Carlos,Alek beware of  the 'sweet lil' thing.   
  Back to the dance for a VW it had no flow and was very disconnected to me.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:37 pm

I think the quote means exactly what it says! Underneath all the sweetness and light is a survivor! Good for you Bindi! Thumbs up!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:55 am

Or could it be kind of phony?  That's what I mean about some people who act too nice.  I'm not saying that's true about Bindi, but with some people it is.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:09 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Or could it be kind of phony?  That's what I mean about some people who act too nice.  I'm not saying that's true about Bindi, but with some people it is.
Good point ,Glitters! I know a few of them ,and it can get really irritating when you know for a fact they are not honest!  Crying or Very sad
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:40 am

Perhaps I'm too rigid in my expections for a VW, but this dance fell far short of what I was anticipating.  Too many loop-de-loop underarm spins and disconnection.  Didn't really enjoy it.  Can't blame Bindi for the choreo.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:26 am

I am a big fan of the VW,I want to see a grand dance or at least a grand  attempt .... this one was a bit ... off ?

The blindfold thing was a bit awkward and although spins are great the ones here were not as smooth as they could have been and I think a bit too many were thrown in there.I did love the spin with her on one leg,the toss/jump thing I didn't like in this dance.

I thought her dress was ok but would have loved another color on her I think.Loved her hair,I get so tired of the long flowing curly starlet hair that every woman in media or entertainment wears these days.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:30 pm

Oakma wrote:I am a big fan of the VW,I want to see a grand dance or at least a grand  attempt .... this one was a bit ... off ?

The blindfold thing was a bit awkward and although spins are great the ones here were not as smooth as they could have been and I think a bit too many were thrown in there.I did love the spin with her on one leg,the toss/jump thing I didn't like in this dance.

I thought her dress was ok but would have loved another color on her I think.Loved her hair,I get so tired of the long flowing curly starlet hair that every woman in media or entertainment wears these days.
The VW is a very fast paced dance and it must be quite difficult because you seldom see a proper one on this show. If Bindy is that great you would have thought Derek would have tried a proper one using the whole dance floor, instead we had something that resembled a Rumba. The music wasn't up tempo enough for a VW so maybe that was his excuse. Do a few steps in hold showing him with a perfect frame then switch to the side by side underarm turns, which is an old trick of his. In fairness others do it too. The VW is one dance that should be the flunkout dance and scrutined by picky judges and 6-8 should be the scores or a 10 if it is really done well with no filler steps or lifts.Maybe those nights we could have Craig,Darcy, Len and Bruno do the judging.This show is doing nothing to improve it's quality of dances and perhaps might be a reason for loss of interest and falling ratings. Joker

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Yes ... it could have been much better.I think a true VW would be a little beyond Bindi but Derek had the job of making her look good at least and this dance did not.

I have done a few VW and covering the whole floor does a lot to enhance the movements ... imo.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:01 pm

I thought VWs are slow.  That's why I don't usually like them.  I'm older and I like other dances besides ballroom dancing.  I wouldn't want to watch just strictly ballroom dancing.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:07 pm

Oakma wrote:Yes ... it could have been much better.I think a true VW would be a little beyond Bindi but Derek had the job of making her look good at least and this dance did not.

I have done a few VW and covering the whole floor does a lot to enhance the movements ... imo.
But Oakma and blue, our esteemed and discerning judges said it was PERFECTION! 10, 10, 10.  They do think their viewing audience are a herd of sheep and sadly, many are. 

Confused
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bluechipdude Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:20 am

Glittersisgld wrote:I thought VWs are slow.  That's why I don't usually like them.  I'm older and I like other dances besides ballroom dancing.  I wouldn't want to watch just strictly ballroom dancing.
You probably think they are slow because you've never seen one on this show. VW means turning and the frame hold has the arms always level with the shoulders and then there's the very difficult rises and falls. The timing is as follows, 123 223 423 523 and 623 and so forth. All this in hold, so it is quite fast and somewhat grueling and very elegant. There are plenty of ballroom and latin genres to do for an average season. What burns me is they spend more time on contemp. jazz and freestyle than doing the proper steps of the ballroom dances. They bill the show as  ballroom dancing, so why not try to keep it as such. Laughing

bluechipdude

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:47 am

Except ballroom is not in the title.  It just mentions dancing.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sudoplatov Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:26 pm

Viennese Waltz runs about 170 beats/minute as compared to ordinary waltz at 85 beats/minute. This should be compared to slower dances like bolero at 96/bpm or international rumba at 90/bpm or quickstep at 190bpm.

Sudoplatov

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top