Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek)

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek) - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Crikey (Bindi and Derek)

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:04 pm

True. Thanks for reminding me. Kyle was great fun and can still be seen in the audience every now and then.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by jazztoday Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:51 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
jazztoday wrote:Bindi and Derek are my favorite couple.
I'm all for Team SharNick, but first to admit there are several potential winners this season. Bindi is certainly one of them and a joy to watch. None of the youngsters so far got closer to the MBT than Zendaya and Sadie. Wouldn't it be totally Hough to break the spell and take her all the way? I don't think I would complain. There, I said it.

Haha, I wouldn't complain either if Bindi and Derek won the Mirror Ball. And I didn't think I'd ever say that about Derek, but there is no question about how good he is as a pro. I also like Team SharNick, so I wouldn't complain if they won either. Hopefully Bindi and Derek will be in the top three and so will SharNick.

jazztoday

Back to top Go down

Post by jazztoday Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:52 pm

USN wrote:I really like them together.

So do I and I like Derek more this season than I ever have.

jazztoday

Back to top Go down

Post by jazztoday Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:00 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Age doesn't have anything to do with it.  Bill seemed pretty lithe.  Being an outdoor person and in showbiz doesn't have anything to do with it either.  A lot of people are in show biz who can't dance.  You have to have a sense of rhythm.  You can be as confident as you want to be and not be able to dance.  You can't will yourself to be a good dancer unless you already have some skill for it.  If Bindi has more skill for dancing, it's just because she has the skill and not because she is an outdoor person and has been in showbiz most of her life.

Glitters, I agree with most of what you said; however, I think age has something to do with memory and catching on to the choreography. Younger people can grasp and retain all of the theory better than the older adults. I took piano lessons, but never had the musical skill to play. I do not have an ear for music, but I could always dance. Dancing came naturally for some reason and my partner and I won several small competitions. How I can dance without having an ear for music is a puzzle to me, but dance steps just come naturally for me. I feel at the age I am now (over 50) that regardless of my natural talent for dancing, I would have a problem retaining the theory of all the steps that the stars have to learn.

jazztoday

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:23 pm

I'm the same way.  I can dance but don't sing or play instruments.  I say dancing is having a good sense of rhythm.  I don't think it was a memory issue for Bill.  I don't think he was very coordinated.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by jazztoday Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I'm the same way.  I can dance but don't sing or play instruments.  I say dancing is having a good sense of rhythm.  I don't think it was a memory issue for Bill.  I don't think he was very coordinated.

You nailed it; Bill wasn't coordinated. I would cringe and feel sorry for him when he'd try to dance. You can be brilliant, but not have any type of athletic/dance coordination. A person could learn the steps and look wooden putting them to music; Chris (Prince Farming) for example. And a couple this season.

jazztoday

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:51 pm

I hope Bindi gets a pro that's puts her in a cuter costume.....haven't really liked Dereks choices for her.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:28 pm

So better not Mark, though it's likely to happen again. Bindi: get ready to become Alice, a Ninja, Princess Peach, a dancing duck, a monkey, whatever. Sis, you may like Derek's choices better after that...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:35 pm

Hahahah......so true brother!!!.......

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:51 pm

Just wondering......who is sis?
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:37 pm

luvthepros wrote:Just wondering......who is sis?
Now look who calls me brother- that should explain it, I think. Cool
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Giggle

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:18 am

Australia Zoo just named one of their new koala joeys "Derek Hough".
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Australia Zoo just named one of their new koala joeys "Derek Hough".
Do you know if there's a Julianne either? Anyway, I like it!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:57 pm

I wonder who chose that song? Every Breath You Take is about a stalker. 
Other than inappropriate music it was nice.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:16 am

Lesallee wrote:I wonder who chose that song? Every Breath You Take is about a stalker. 
That may have been the writer's intention, but most people who love the song (it was voted something like 25th all time favorite Billboard) do not know that and instead think it is an ardent love song.  In this case, I think the words convey the idea that Bindi's daddy's spirit is not gone but rather is with her always and still emotionally involved in her life.  Nothing wrong with that.  It made me cry.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:19 am

DeadManDancing wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:Australia Zoo just named one of their new koala joeys "Derek Hough".
Do you know if there's a Julianne either? Anyway, I like it!

No Julianne joey as yet, Deadie.  I think she would have to partner a favorite Australian son to get that honor.  But who knows? 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:46 am

Psychee22 wrote:
Lesallee wrote:I wonder who chose that song? Every Breath You Take is about a stalker. 
That may have been the writer's intention, but most people who love the song (it was voted something like 25th all time favorite Billboard) do not know that and instead think it is an ardent love song.  In this case, I think the words convey the idea that Bindi's daddy's spirit is not gone but rather is with her always and still emotionally involved in her life.  Nothing wrong with that.  It made me cry.
I suppose many people just listen to the melody of a song and bits and pieces of the words but those lyrics are chilling to me. Sting himself has said he is mystified that people take it for a love song. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:05 am

That's the good thing about music and art is you can interpret them the way you want to even if the artist's intentions were something else.  Even Sting being an artist should know people will do that.  I don't think of the song as eerie.

Last edited by Glittersisgld on Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:09 am

I didn't see the dance, but if someone was actually singing the words.....................every smile you fake, every game you play, every bond you break........you are right, strange song choice...and yes Sting did talk about how dark and sinister the song was..........makes you go hmmmmm.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:14 am

I guess it depends how seriously you take the song, but aside from the lyrics, the tone does sound like a love song.  That's why, Sting!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:18 am

Glittersisgld wrote:That's the good thing about music and art is you can interpret them the way you want to even if the artist's intentions were something else.  Even Sting being an artist should know people will do that.  I don't think of the song as eerie.

Eerie..that's how I would describe it the first time I heard it, I immediately took it to mean it was about someone that was eerily obsessed about someone else..'always watching you'

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:28 am

Lesallee wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:
I suppose many people just listen to the melody of a song and bits and pieces of the words but those lyrics are chilling to me. Sting himself has said he is mystified that people take it for a love song. 

It doesn't mystify me.  To me, the lyrics only hint at the obsessiveness of his attention, and these words:

"Since you've gone I been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby please."

do not convey anything sinister.  In fact, I think they convey something that most folks have keenly felt at one time or another if they ever risked their heart and had it broken.   This isn't describing the kind of stalking that a stranger with some kind of delusion would be thinking.  That would go something like "You belong to me, to only me, and if you can't abide by that, you're gonna be dead.

Also, there isn't anything sinister-sounding about the tune or tempo.  It has a very lulling effect -- like a love song.

So, regardless of the writer's intention, it doesn't surprise me that most folks who listen to this song don't catch the "stalker" bits.  Perhaps because the writer wasn't really a stalker.  He was hurting and obsessed with wanting to get her back, over-vigilantly watching for his chance, and telling her about it.  This is not the kind of guy who would then take hurtful steps to get his demand if his desires were frustrated long enough.

BUT... once you have associated the song with sinister stuff, I don't think you can go back and hear the song as benign anymore.  The feelings get soured, I think.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:21 am

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you.

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

O can't you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches with every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you

Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace 
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby please

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'LL BE WATCHING YOU

The lyrics as written by Sting. This isn't a benign love song and according to Sting it was never meant to be one. This is a stalker. It is a song on the dark side and was always intended to be.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:28 am

But you can really take the song any way you want.  I usually think of a song as negative if I don't like it or I have a bad association with it.  "I'll be watching you" could be a figure of speech, like he would thinking about her all the time.  The song "Loser" says "I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me."  It was a very famous song by Beck but when I hear it, I don't necessarily think it's negative.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top