The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:24 pm

I thought you were saying you knew for sure, because I thought before you said you knew from the internet.  I thought Dazz was stating an opinion, but I thought you knew for sure.  I misunderstood you. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:12 pm

It seems like Rachel is sending mixed signals about Bryan.  She has repeatedly said he is too good to be true and she wasn't sure if she should trust him and wonders how he could still be single since he is so perfect. Now her mom is questioning it too.  Then she takes him on a fancy date and buys matching watches and he commented that it was a forever type gift.  The guys even commented that Bryan is a smooth operator.  Yeah, I'd say she is REALLY attracted to him.  There must be something about his family that will not be so perfect.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Dean's HTD looks to be one of the strangest ones EVER
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:58 pm

She definitely has a connection with him. HTDs are always awkward to watch... brings back not so fond memories, lol.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:06 pm

I really like Dean.  He seems to have the most defined personality.  I wonder who they will pick for the next bachelor and if it will be from this group.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:37 pm

I figured that the final two would come down to Peter and Brian, but she has to go through the motions. 

Dean seems like a nice guy but I'm thinking he may be a little too young for Rachel. I know he has went through a lot in his life but the inability he showed for wanting to get in a serious conversation was a turn off even listening to it, at least for me.

Having been through a relationship myself with someone that has a lot of baggage from growing up, it is not something they get over and it is a big part of who they are in a relationship which is why we are no longer together. That is why Dean and also Eric will not have an easy time In a relationship and it will take an awful patient woman that can endure a lot of grief to be with them. 

I think Rachel is really into Brian but I can't help but think that something actually does sound insincere about him, just like the preview shows her family member saying. Like he IS trying to be too perfect.

I still think Peter sounds the most sincere and honest about his feelings. He was the only one that said that if he wasn't feeling it that he would not propose. I know that scares her but I think if it is him in end that he would take his time and not rush it. I can't figure out why some don't think that's good enough. Why propose at the end of a couple of weeks knowing someone just a little? Take your time like Kaitlyn and Shawn and some of the others. They didn't rush it. They are doing it the right way.

Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960)

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:11 pm

IMO I think Peter scared her away by saying that. I think its a smart thing, but that is not what Rachel is looking for. She wants her "right now".
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:44 am

Oh, I agree that he scared her by saying that. If she wants a "right now" then she certainly picked the wrong format to go about it. Her being in the profession she is you would think she would have more sense then that. In the preview for the finale you hear her say something about she hopes he hasn't changed his mind (or something to that effect) and that could apply to Peter and what he said, or even after the HTD that looks like drama. I guess it could also apply to Brian since it looks like her family is questioning his sincerity.

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Peter is the only one who they have shown having a good conversation with her.  It seems more reasonable that he has not professed his love so soon and won't say it until he is sure.  Bryan seems like something out of a romance novel and sweeps her off her feet with his kisses, which to me seem inappropriate at times.  It would be a bit awkward to be the jeweler showing them watches and having Bryan stick his tongue down Rachel's throat while the jeweler is standing there watching.  Dean is adorable but way too young for Rachel and maybe not ready for marriage.  I think he has some unresolved emotions to deal with before he can have a stable relationship.  Eric, well I don't understand why he is even still there.  They don't seem to have anything in common.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:06 pm

I agree--Eric is not in the same league with the others. I think he will be the first to go. Bryan & Peter will be the final two
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:14 pm

I kind of feel they could have found a bigger quantity of guys better suited for Rachel.  I felt a lot of them weren't on her level.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:43 pm

I also don't know why Eric is still there, mule. I have my suspicions but they may not be very popular. Was it my imagination that Rachel looked a little taken aback by Eric describing his upbringing? I don't think it was just that he has never brought a girl home to meet his family that had her a little shook. I can't help but think that at this point they feel that she should keep at least one black man in the running so it doesn't look bad on her or the show. They had many black men as contestants this season but she didn't seem to connect with any of them therefore they are all gone except for Eric. Just my thoughts.

Think about it...she couldn't give one reason why she sent the other dude home instead of Eric. Just seemed forced to me. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:06 pm

I think Eric is still there because he was more appealing to her than Adam or Matt.  It's just process of elimination.  Matt was too serious.  I'm not sure I ever saw him smile.  Adam was kind of blah.  Eric is at least the most interesting out of those three.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:20 pm

The only other reason I can think that Eric is there compared to the previous bachelors is he does seem kind of fun, spontaneous and childlike.  Maybe he brings out Rachel's maternal instincts.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:05 pm

I hope the number 2 will be the next bachelor..
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:29 pm

rkc, I agree.  

If I said any more about this, it would come across wrong and surely offend.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:05 pm

Why do you think she didn't find Matt appealing? If she didn't then why would she say what she did to him all while being visibly emotional? 

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:30 pm

I'm not saying she didn't find him appealing, but maybe not as appealing as Eric.  I felt that Matt was way too serious.  Didn't you?  The guy never smiled, but he did seem nice.  He definitely was not for her.  She, of course, isn't going to say anything bad since she's letting him go anyway.  She has to let him down easy.  That's just my opinion.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:16 am

I agree - Matt just needed to loosen up a little.  He was wound way too tight.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:51 pm

I liked Peter almost from the beginning. IMO I think he is a much better match for Rachael than Bryan. I hope that if he is #2 he is the next bachelor.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith1960(rkc1960) Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm

She let plenty of guys down and not one other guy did she tell them that they reminded her of herself. I'm sure she finds herself appealing so that statement leads you to believe that she really like him a lot. I don't see Eric as being up to her standard of a life long partner. I know that may sound bad to some but she was obviously raised in a upper class home in comparison.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:35 pm

I'm not saying Rachel didn't like Matt, but she picked Eric over him.  We also don't know how much of the truth she didn't tell Matt to keep from hurting him.  We probably only know part of the story of how she felt about Matt.  I'm not saying Eric is right for her, but she picked him over Matt for a reason.  Rachel did say she went to private school all her life.  The only thing I think Eric lacks for Rachel is confidence.  Maybe he'll get that as he gets older.  However Rachel may feel about Matt, I say he was way too serious for her, but that's just my opinion.  I'm not sure how she thinks Matt is like her, but she said it.  They don't seem the same to me, but I'm not there full-time.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:29 pm

What in the world was all that with Dean's dad?????  So bizarre.  I wanted to laugh, but also cry for Dean as he went through that.  Very brave of Dean to put his family for all to see and to put himself through that. 

Has anybody heard of whatever 'group/religion/cult/whatever it is that Dean's dad was a member of?
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:53 pm

thisoldmule wrote:What in the world was all that with Dean's dad?????  So bizarre.  I wanted to laugh, but also cry for Dean as he went through that.  Very brave of Dean to put his family for all to see and to put himself through that. 

Has anybody heard of whatever 'group/religion/cult/whatever it is that Dean's dad was a member of?

I believe Dean said, "Sikh" or "Sikh-like" when describing his father.

My personal experience is similar and so I could relate to almost all parties in that visit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:55 pm

Peter may appear to be the most hesitant, but he is the only one who introduced his friends to Rachel. Could be the only one who currently lives in proximity to his family. Now that I say that, did Eric introduce her to his friends?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top