The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 7 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Post by peebeeb Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:40 pm

Okay, let the making out with Bryan begin!
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 7 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Post by peebeeb Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:21 pm

WTF Chris? Confused

Talk about painful and awkward.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:23 pm

peebeeb wrote:WTF Chris? Confused

He's really trying to squeeze out their tears and get as much drama out of this as possible.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:35 pm

thisoldmule wrote:
peebeeb wrote:WTF Chris? Confused

He's really trying to squeeze out their tears and get as much drama out of this as possible.
I told him he needed to stfu.   

Enough with all that, stop trying to mess with people's emotions.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:41 pm

At first I thought having Rachel there to talk as things were happening was a good idea.  But really it was not much different than usual when the bachette comes out and talks and meets the other guys.  It was just in a different order.
They really try to mess with them and ask the dumbest questions to get them to cry.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:45 pm

Spoiler Alert************  

If you haven't watched the finale and don't want to know, then quit reading because my next post will be about what happened.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:53 pm

So did Rachel sell out just to get a proposal?  That seemed to be the key.  Or was she really as unsure about things with Peter and had doubt just like he did?

I can see why Peter said he felt attacked.  Right before that Rachel got a pretty sassy attitude about his comment using the word mediocracy and said she was living her best life ever, and she scooted farther away from him.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:05 am

Jimmy Kimmel had a great review of tonight's show! It was hilarious and so true! I'm hoping I can find it on you tube and share it! He defended Peter!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:09 am

Thanks, dori.  I'll be sure to watch it.  It hasn't aired here yet.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:29 am

Great!  It was really spot on, I thought! I'm wondering how Brian will feel if he watches the show about the night before!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:17 am

thisoldmule wrote:So did Rachel sell out just to get a proposal?  That seemed to be the key.  Or was she really as unsure about things with Peter and had doubt just like he did?

I can see why Peter said he felt attacked.  Right before that Rachel got a pretty sassy attitude about his comment using the word mediocracy and said she was living her best life ever, and she scooted farther away from him.
I felt sorry for Peter; he looked so uncomfortable.  Rachel was downright rude to him and seemed to want
to punish him for his honesty and reluctance to commit.  
The PDA between her and Bryan was overdone. Yuck  Didn't they get a room yet? Wink

Last edited by Babs2147 on Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:01 am

The truth is in real life Rachel and Peter would have had more time to get engaged and might have made it.  It's like the show got in the way.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:35 am

Peter looked so far beyond uncomfortable, I felt sorry for him, and then there's Chris who probably has TIIC in his ear saying keep asking questions. 

It was wrong of them to do it and I hope they don't repeat this way ever again.

I do hope that Rachel and Bryan have a happily ever after; and I hope Peter does too. Maybe she was right in saying that that type of format is probably not the best way for him.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:44 am

dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:05 am

I'm so glad Peter stuck to his convictions! After viewing these two and seeing some of the comments, she didn't deserve him!In her eyes she was the one who decided against Peter ..he was going to purpose! Really??? Brian called him wishy washy! 
Good luck you two! I'll leave it at that!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 7 Empty So, what really happened?

Post by Ughwhatname Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:11 am

I am  highly suspicious as to why they changed the format so much for the airing of the finale.  What happened the following morning? Did peter go to the final Rose ceremony, tell Rachel that he could not propose? Did he just leave town from there? There something more that they are hiding, I truly believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:17 am

JK got it right.  Peter is the only one who did it right.  I'm glad he did it his way.

After seeing Rachel's reaction to Peter, I'm glad she didn't choose him.  She doesn't deserve him.  She seemed like she had a haughty attitude towards him even though he was respectful to her.

I thought it was funny too that she and Bryan view their engagement as a chance to get to know each other and see where this can go.  Isn't that what dating is?  The engagement is a sham to me.

I wonder how mama will take the news of Bryan moving to LA or Dallas.  Haha
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:25 am

Ughwhatname wrote:I am  highly suspicious as to why they changed the format so much for the airing of the finale.  What happened the following morning? Did peter go to the final Rose ceremony, tell Rachel that he could not propose? Did he just leave town from there? There something more that they are hiding, I truly believe.
Peter did say that he tried to reach out to Rachel but she refused.  He didn't say when that was though.  CH did say Peter was gone the next morning.
I think they were trying to get as much drama out of this as possible, even though Rachel really didn't add that much info to it by telling it as the show went.  It seemed like all 'canned'answers.
One thing that irritated me was CH asked Rachel when she knew it was Bryan .  She said it was during her hometown date when she was defending him to her family and she realized he was the one for her.  If that is true, why did she put Peter through all that?  She kept saying this is so hard, I don't know what to do.  blah blah blah  It was obvious she had stronger feelings for Bryan yet she kept pushing Peter to propose.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:31 am

They like to do things a little different each season.  I figure that's why they changed the format yesterday.  I think Rachel was hurt by Peter and that might have caused her to react the haughty way she did to Peter.  Haven't there been other couples on the show who didn't get engaged and just continued their relationship afterwards?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:38 pm

I think Peter is pissed that he probably won't be the next Bachelor, since it was made apparent that he isn't cut out for this show Smile

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:03 pm

Did i miss Eric's fantasy suite date or they just skipped over it ?  The format was so messed up - i didnt like it since there was no surprise.  Its true that Peter is not cut out for this kind of thing so he really should not have gone on the show in the first place because he and Rachel fell in love but couldnt make it work - too bad for them - but lucky for mamas boy Bryan.  Actually it was the best move for Rachel since her goal was marriage and there was no doubt with Bryan .  He treats her like a queen and she will wear the pants which fits her personality so i hope they live happily ever after ♥
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:08 pm

Eric's FS date was last week.  I think Rachel and Peter just didn't have enough time.  If they were off the show it might have succeeded.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:43 pm

Hahaha I felt the same way about Eric's fantasy suite date.  It's almost like he wasn't even in the game the way they edited.  I guess it was last week but I don't even remember it.  They put so much focus on Peter.  Maybe if Rachel had been the right girl for  Peter  he would have been willing to propose.  I think he had too many unknowns and wasn't drawn to her enough to go for it.  I doubt even with time that they would have stayed together.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:08 pm

My belief after watching this season is that Rachel may be a smart woman when it comes to her career, but she is pretty dumb in her personal life. I think Jimmy Kimmel said it perfectly and voiced what most of us think about this craziness of getting engaged after a couple dates.

I don't believe her when she said that she knew it was Bryan since the HTD's and her saying she knew it when she was defending him against her family...oh please...she wouldn't be the first lead to try to cover up the truth to save face or to make their new significant other think something other then what the truth is. We all watched that final time with Peter. You can usually tell when someone is play acting and that was not any act on either of their parts. I can only imagine what questions must be going through Bryan's mind after seeing that. Just the fact that Rachel was so distracted on that date with Bryan after she had been with Peter the day before said a lot. If she knew it wasn't Peter at that point then there was no reason for her to be so distracted and bothered by it. I call BS on that whole song and dance she was trying to sell everyone last night. Just the fact that she was being so rude to Peter during ATFR, even after he apologized spoke of how affected she is still by it all and how deep her feelings went for him. I also don't buy that she tried to claim her emotions were due to the whole thing reminding her of her past relationship. Bull crap! There is a big difference between being with someone for a few years with no proposal and being with someone for a couple of weeks with no proposal. And did she think no one realized what she was doing when she made that statement TWICE that she didn't think the format of this show is for him? She clearly doesn't want him to be named the next Bachelor. I think she would be jealous if it happened. I already saw an article a couple weeks ago where she said she didn't want any of her final men to be named the next Bachelor because she is territorial where they are concerned....uh huh.

And I agree with what you said, mule. I also think she sold out for a proposal. I saw similar variations of basically the same statement today that should strike a nerve with Rachel...she didn't necessarily choose Bryan, that's who she was left with. 

She wanted that proposal so bad that she was not being sensitive to Peter's feelings at all and his opinion on what he wanted in a relationship with her. That conversation on that last date they had was disturbing. He said to her that it was too new to say I am going to give away that one thing that I hold so special and dear to my heart that I'll never get back. I have one opportunity and I want to make sure it's right. She at that point interrupted him, "You don't only have one opportunity. You're choosing to have only one opportunity." Peter replied, "I choose that one opportunity and that is my choice." Obviously she doesn't care if she get's numerous proposals over her lifetime. Maybe others don't feel that way and she should respect that. That is something sacred to some people. I still believe what I said a few weeks ago, especially after watching her last night. I think she wanted the whole experience since she went on the Bachelorette. She wanted a proposal regardless because she also wanted to get that big hunk of ice placed on her finger for the first time in her life. Her reaction when Bryan pulled out the ring at the proposal and again when he got it out and gave it to her at ATFR said she placed a lot of emphasis on that ring. So yes, I do believe she sold out for a proposal. Good luck to her with mommy dearest!

I also don't agree when people say that Peter should have not went on the show if he was not going to propose in the end. I have heard previous contestants say on numerous occasions that they go on the show for the experience and to travel. Lets face it, not many people go on the show for the "right reasons" and I'm sure the majority would never dream that they would actually get chosen in the end. The ones that actually develop true feelings for the other person is few and far between, I'm sure. I have no doubt after last night that Peter actually did love her AND was willing to compromise his beliefs and propose to her if it meant not losing her. And instead of her being understanding of his feelings at ATFR and ending the whole thing with grace and dignity, he was met with Rachel's bitchy side.  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:16 pm

I like Peter but I don't think he has the personality to be the bachelor.  Maybe he would come across different if he were the lead, but I don't know.  I thought Eric acted more like a bachelor lead yesterday, but they probably won't pick him.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top