Carrie, Emily, Faith, Marty, Mehreen, Michelle,
Bill, Charlie, Greg, Johnny, Spin

Team 2

Bryanne, Kathleen, M, Mimi, Pamela, Renee
Brad, Jackson, Martin, Ross, Steve, Will

Team 3

Amelia, Jennarosa, Lindsey, Penina, Rayne, Toni
Cliff, Corey, Leo, Sam, Troy

“Remember, you need to pick a Team Captain that will determine assignments and make executive decisions. You should come up with a plan and then start building. On your mark, get set, . . . your time starts now . . . , Go!”

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

STORYTIME:  BACHELOR SURVIVOR - Page 14 Empty Re: STORYTIME: BACHELOR SURVIVOR

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:28 pm

SmartandTruthful

Team 1 quickly chose Greg as their Captain. Greg’s first question was, “OK, what kind of castle do we want to build?” “We don’t need to get fancy. Let’s just build something solid,” said Johnny. “Well, I’d like it to look nice,” said Faith. “How about a traditional medieval castle?” asked Spin. “Great idea, History Professor!” said Charlie. “Why don’t we get started,” Bill suggested, “and the Professor can guide us as we go.” “Sounds good,” said Greg. “OK, now we need to assign jobs. Who’s going to get the sand?” “Carrie and I can shovel sand into the wheelbarrow,” said Michelle, “if one of you guys can get it over to the building site.” Greg nodded, “That should work. OK, who’s going to get water?” Emily and Faith volunteered for that and said they would look for shells and seaweed for decoration, too.” “Great!” Greg said. “So Marty, Mehreen, and the guys can just start building. How about we guys take turns getting the wheel barrow when it is full? If anyone gets tired of what they are doing, yell out, and we’ll rotate jobs. Sound good?” Team 1 formed a ring, put their hands in the center, and raised them as they shouted, “We’re #1!” The team scattered and began to fill their assignments.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:31 pm

SmartandTruthful

Compared to Team 1, Team 2 got off to a rather shaky start. First, they argued about who should be captain. Some thought Jackson, just because he was so tall. Other’s thought that Brad would be a good captain because he was so calm. Pamela though M should be the captain because she was used to making executive decisions. Will wanted to be the captain, but so did Bryanne. A half an hour later it was decided that Steven would be the captain and they had managed to figure out that they wanted to make a castle like the Cinderella Castle at Disneyland. However, they hadn’t really figured out how they were going to build the castle, so they all just started going for some sand. By now Team 1 and Team 3 had good foot high bases to their castles built.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:32 pm

SmartandTruthful

Team 3 worked well together. They didn’t have specific assignments, but just did what needed to be done. Their captain was Sam and he served as the overseer, looking at the whole picture. He’d call out “We need more sand.” Or “More water.” And someone would break away from the main building site and take care of the job.'

As the teams worked, everyone began to get hot from the hard labor, so the t-shirts came off and occasionally someone would take water duty, just so they could take a quick dunk and cool off. Chris Harrison announced, “One hour gone. One hour left to work!”

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:36 pm

SmartandTruthful

Team 2 had Castle problems. Trying to rush to catch up with the other teams, they hadn’t wet their sand enough and their castle was crumbling before their eyes. “We need more water!” said Captain Steve. Jackson had an idea. I’m taking the wheel barrow, “he yelled. He grabbed the wheel barrow, dumped out the sand in it and pushed the barrow down to the water, where he picked it up, carried it in, and scooped up a wheel barrow full of salt water. He ran out of the water and continued carrying the barrow, water and all, all the way back to their building site! Team 2 started cheering! Jackson ran down to the water with the barrow again and ran back and forth 5 times, supplying the much needed water. It helped Team 2 catch up a bit, but after that effort, Jackson had to lie down on the sand and rest until he recovered from the exertion.

Team 3 worked in sync with each other. They efficiently built a sandcastle similar to the ones they had made as kids, only larger. It wasn’t anything fancy. They decorated it charmingly with shells and seaweed and called “Time!” 10 minutes before the deadline.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:38 pm

SmartandTruthful

Professor Spin directed the structure of a large square base with four round turrets at the corners. The body of the castle was made sturdy with wet sand, well-packed, making it very solid. Captain Greg made sure the structure fit the required four feet square base and that the height of the main part of the castle was a full four feet high, just in case. By an hour and a half, into the contest, the main building was done, but to win the contest, Team 1 knew they needed to add extra touches to make their design come to life. Mehreen said she would try to make some people and horses out of seaweed. As a teacher, she was pretty crafty and used to improvising. Faith and Michelle helped her. Spin said they needed to fill the moat with water and a build a drawbridge and Greg agreed. Since they were allowed to use natural materials, Cliff and Charlie went looking for some driftwood that would work for a drawbridge. Carrie and Emily worked on the delicate task of making cutout sections that created an up and down pattern at the top of the turrets. The rest of the team, carefully sculpted the sides of the castle to make it look like it was built of stone. It meant painstakingly making small stone shaped lines in the building’s sides. They were careful not to damage the windows they had already sculpted into the castle walls. “$5,000 dollars, everyone!” Captain Greg reminded them. “It helped them all work a little harder and a little faster.” As the deadline neared, Team 1 formed a bucket brigade to make sure their moat was full and flowing. Team 1 finished their castle right at the deadline.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:42 pm

SmartandTruthful

The panel of judges included two regular US Open Judges and two surprise Guest Judges, the recent newlyweds, Ali and Roberto, just back from their honeymoon! All of the Bachelors and Bachelorettes were thrilled to see Ali and Roberto again. After serious deliberations, the judges pronounced that Team 2 was the second runner-up, Team 3 was in second place and the winner of $1,000, each, and Team 1 was the winner, each awarded $5,000!

After all of their efforts, the Bachelors and Bachelorettes were joined by Ali and Roberto for a picnic lunch, catered at the pavilion. After lunch, Ali and Roberto said their good-byes and the rest were free to spend the afternoon enjoying Imperial Beach. At 5:00, after a full day of play, they all boarded the bus and were taken back to their Villas.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:34 pm

SmartandTruthful

Although Friday had been a full day with the Sandcastle Challenge, Carrie and Charlie had a date planned that night. They decided to rest for a couple of hours and start their date a
little late at 8:00. Where they were going, it wouldn’t matter when they got there. After a long rest, a refreshing shower, and a light dinner at the Villa, Carrie picked up Charlie in the limo and they headed for Belmont Park.

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:35 pm

SmartandTruthful

Charlie and Carrie had a blast at Belmont Park. They rode every ride twice and rode their favorites: the Beach Blaster, Chaos, and the historic Giant Dipper Roller Coaster that had been part of the park when it had opened 85 years ago, three times. In between rides they had tried their luck at Midway Games. Charlie had won Carrie a huge panda bear and Carrie won Charlie a very cute “hush puppy” dog. Fortunately, these new “pets” were able to keep each other company in the limo, while Charlie and Carrie finished their date. A visit to the quaint, but charming Amusement Park wouldn’t be complete without hot dogs, cotton candy, ice cream, or a candy apple, so the couple spaced those treats out during the course of the evening.

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:35 pm

SmartandTruthful

The Park proved to be a great outlet for the extra energy Charlie and Carrie both had as part of their own chemical makeup. The Villa was nice, but at times, not enough action was going on. The rides had supplied a much needed adrenaline rush and the date had satisfied their need to spend some time together. They also got a chance to really talk. “I can’t believe we both found the Hidden Immunity Idols again!” “That’s crazy! And we were both just doing our laundry!” “It’s funny to see the guys running around trying to find the Idol.” “I know! You should have seen Toni and Bryanne pulling all of the cleaning products out from under the sink in the kitchen the other day! I had to duck into the laundry room, I was laughing so hard! That laundry room sure comes in handy!” They laughed. “OK, so my idol is a wooden airplane, painted all silver with the number 100,000 on it! What do you think that means?” “100,000? Wow! It could be dollars, but it doesn’t have a dollar sign, right?” “Nope, no dollar sign,” said Charlie. “Hmmm, 100,000 and an airplane. . . . Oh, my goodness! . . . I’ll bet it is 100,000 miles! My aunt once won a huge amount of airline miles like that from her credit card. They had a giveaway and her account number was drawn. Do you think that’s it, Charlie?” “You are so smart, Carrie. That would certainly explain the plane and the number. I’ll bet you’re right! That would be great! Can you imagine being able to fly wherever you wanted?” “That would be wonderful!” Carrie agreed, thinking, especially if we flew some of those miles together! “OK, so my idol is a wooden palm tree, painted to look real. Whoever makes these idols does a good job.” “Hmmm, a palm tree. Maybe, you’ll get a lifetime supply of cocoanut suntan
lotion?” Carrie swatted Charlie. “Hey, I’m only joking! My real guess would be a trip . . . to some place warm and tropical.” “That would be nice. Well, I guess we’ll know for sure one of these days. I still don’t see too much of the Survivor in Bachelor Survivor though.” “Well, at least the others now know there is such a thing as a Hidden Immunity Idol. That’s something they didn’t know last week.” “Maybe the Survivor has to do with who is still standing at the end. I wonder if that means a couple or a person?” “Wow! I hadn’t thought about that. But, probably a couple, I’d think, as in the Bachelor or Bachelorette and the Final One. Hey, that needs to be us.” “That would be great. We have to continue to play strong and we can’t be tempted by whatever they offer us to leave. Have you noticed that the Parting Gift trips seem to get longer and better each week? I wonder what this week will be.” “Well, whatever it is, we’re going to resist the temptation and stay, right?” “Definitely!”

To Be Continued . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:36 pm

SmartandTruthful

Carrie and Charlie left Belmont Park as it was closing down at midnight. On the way home in the limo with Andy (the panda bear) and Morrie (the hush puppy) snuggled by their ides, their date took a romantic turn. By the time Carrie and Andy dropped off Charlie and Morrie at the Men’s Villa, the rear window of the limo had that suspiciously fogged over look!

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:36 pm

SilverLin2

Hi, S&T.........

I had to get it done before the week kicks in!

I'm beginning to wonder if Carrie and Charlie aren't the
resident Survivor

experts, and going to take it to the end, whole-hog winners of this thing, in
more ways than one, steam-up-the-windows romance included!!

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 pm

SmartandTruthful

Ha, Ha! From your mouth to the Writing God’s ears, Silver! LOL! Relax and put your feet up! Lubs, S&T

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 pm

SmartandTruthful

Emily couldn’t stop thinking about Max and she would have been very pleased to know that Max couldn’t stop thinking about her. The problem was a case of so close, and yet so far away. Since Max wasn’t connected with Bachelor Survivor, the opportunities to see him were going to be nil in the next few weeks. “You should talk to Chris,” Mehreen advised. “Maybe, they can make an exception, like they have for Sarah and Brian.” Emily decided it couldn’t hurt to ask. She put in a call to Chris on the kitchen phone, using that handy dandy laundry room as a private phone booth. When she came out and hung up the phone, Emily was all smiles. She couldn’t talk about the “deal” she had worked out with Chris, but she couldn’t wait for Monday night!

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:38 pm

loo_loo3

LOL-I
wonder If Chris and Gwen will be asking for a raise now that they are basically
on call 24/7 around here??!!

Smile***************************************************************************************************
The doorbell rang at the bachelors' quarters just as the twins scrambled down
the staircase taking two steps at a time, nearly knocking Jackson over in the
process. "Whoa there boys-didn't you learn in Kindergarten to walk slowly
and in a line out of courtesy to others? Haha-now I want you both to turn
around and walk down correctly," Jackson added with a snicker. " Very
funny," Troy retorted. Suddenly he felt as if he were back in school and
going on his first date. Except that time his dad was driving and his date had
braces and her name was Audrey. This time he felt nervousness for many
different reasons from that date. This date could potentially lead to an
engagement and he wondered if he were truly ready to take that step in just a
few short weeks-yikes he thought to himself, checking his own pulse to make
sure he was up to the challenge. Corey opened the door to welcome the Mora
twins and take the garment bags to the trunk of the rental car. Penny got
behind the wheel as Corey then joined her in the front seat. Jen made sure her
date was belted in and then seated herself next to Troy with an
"Ahem," and an "all ready?" "C'mon Jen-we're men now
not little boys," Troy complained in a huff. "You don't have to lead
us by the hands and belt us in ya know," he added clearly annoyed. Penny
laughed and smiled at her sister as she pulled out into traffic. "No
worries, guys," Penny giggled. "We'll take good care of you on this
little adventure. Just make sure you are ready for this ride and the ones to
come," she added with a mysterious look to Jenarosa. Corey could see that
both girls were keeping something back and his curiosity was piqued beyond
measure. He wasn't sure but something was not quite right about this drive and
he wondered just where they were going…
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

loo_loo3

The drive was but a hop to the next
stop. The four exited the car leaving their things in the trunk for later. As
they walked around the adobe brick building they saw several helicopters all lined
up seemingly ready for takeoff. Troy and Corey high fived it and thought they
must have the best 'girlfriends' ever to have gotten this date. For as they
boarded the pilot gave instructions that led them to believe they were all in
for a great time. Corey noticed a large basket and scarves, water bottles and
what looked to be assorted outdoor gear. He was certain this would be a memorable
day alright. The helicopter lifted off and began the journey to the east. The
girls would not tell the guys where they were going but Troy had a suspicion
and hoped his hunch would pan out. Jen leaned in to nuzzle Troy's ear and he
shivered in response. He in turn kissed first her cheek and then her soft lips,
brushed the bangs out of her eyes and held her closer. Penny and Corey, leaned
into each other while trying to see out the window at the same time. Their
eagerness to glimpse the breathtaking view conflicted a bit with their
eagerness to connect with each other, and the ensuing clumsiness left both
couples cracking up until they reached their destination: Dezert Dunes...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

loo_loo3

Corey could not believe his eyes as
the couples were led to their dune buggies. Jen and Penny smiled knowingly at
each other as they smugly climbed into the buggies and welcomed their dates
onto their turf. For if Troy and Corey had known what was going to happen next
they may not have climbed so willingly into the buggies with the brunette
beauties. Before Corey was fully belted in he got a surprise-Penny peeled out
and headed for the dunes they would be exploring this day. Jen at least waited
for Troy to be seated before she put the buggy in gear, but soon she was racing
along with her twin as they all headed for Painted Gorge. Driving along the
trail was noisy and dirty so the girls slacked off on the gas pedals a bit so they
could enjoy the ride. But all four had their engines revved up from sheer
adrenaline and slowing down helped them keep their need for speed more in
check. As the couples neared the gorge they were all struck by the intense and
unnatural beauty of this gift from Mother Nature. They drove slowly and stopped
several times just so they could take it in. The brochures they were given at
the head of the trails provided the scientific explanations for it all. How the
narrow canyon walls made of igneous and sedimentary rocks were weathered by
copper, sulfur and iron. How time and heat and movement transposed into
oranges, reds, purples and mauves mixed with browns and blacks in an explosive
array of shadows and shapes when kissed by the sun's sultry rays. The palette
of color ever changing, morphing then static, then fading as if fading to
sleep. Troy and Corey took turns photographing the colors and shape shifting,
the backdrop showing it's dynamic face and then hiding it again. Jen and Penny
had never seen such a beautiful sight in the desert before, although they came
from the desert. The four finally had their fill and drove on and around to
Fossil Canyon, another wonder of nature. They could see the fossils-some hidden
and some not so hidden-in the sandstone walls. This time they walked up to and
touched the fossils peeking out there. "According to this it says that
Reef Coral Fauna from the Atlantic Ocean was left here eons ago and then died
out," Troy read from the brochure. "How could coral from the Atlantic
Ocean be here on the west coast," Corey asked his brother dubiously.
"No-seriously I read about this in college," Jen offered.
"Yep,"Troy acknowledged, "there used to be a water passage way
that connected the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans." He continued, "When
the passage closed the coral left here became extinct and the fossil remains
the only proof that coral once existed on the Pacific coast." "Wow-I
loved my archeology classes at ASU-and now I get to see some of it first
hand," Jen mused. "I thought you said you'd never use that
information again in your lifetime Jen," Penny laughed at her twin.
"No silly-that was my History of War class or whatever it was
called." Both couples walked among the coral before growling stomachs
called their attention away from the fossils and back to reality...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:39 pm

loo_loo3

The buggies pulled into the picnic
area of the Wells and the proverbial basket of goodies awaited the four in the
most private nook of the rest stop. Noshing on chicken wings crusty french
bread and assorted cheeses and fruits, the foursome split up into twosomes to
enjoy dining even more privately. Sipping on water alternately with organic
wine from San Diego, Penny asked Corey about his family. "I have my mom
and dad of course, and one sister names Brittany-the princess I guess you could
say. My dad is in pharmaceutical sales and my mom a nurse. That is how they
met-at her doctor's office. Our sister is a freshman at SDSU, the same school
that Troy and I attended. We also have a golden lab named Blondie-yeah-um
Brittaney named her, haha" While corey and Penny shared snippets of their
lives Troy asked Jen about her own. "Well you know about the family
restaurant, Papi's, but what you don't know is that my mom's family has not
been in this country for generations. My mom came here from Ireland when she
was a little girl and first lived in New York City. That is where she met my
father and they moved to Arizona when Penny and I were 5 weeks old. We have a
brother who is three years older than we are. His name is Gianni and he also
went to ASU but got his degree in finance and business. He works with marketing
the restaurant and some other things. Oh and we have a chihuahua named
Buttercup and a Yorkie named Chow." The conversations flowed as the lunch
went on but soon it was time for the four to go to the next part of their
date...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:39 pm

loo_loo3

The ride along the trail became
sandier and soon the dune buggies were driving through sand dunes. It was at
this point that Jen told Troy to pull his scarf up to cover his nose and mouth,
something that Penny had already mentioned to Corey as he was pulling it up as
they dove faster and faster. The twin girls began to play tag in their buggies,
but being careful not to get too close to the other. They did not want to end
up eating someone else's dust and so they continued laughing and playing in the
sand. Corey was surprised to see Jen being quite the daredevil. he was not
expecting that at all. But what impressed him was that his Penny drove with
finesse, turning on a dime every time Jen got close. Finally it was Corey's and
Troy's turn at the wheel and they did not want to be caught driving like
'girls'! They spun out a few times and killed the engines a few times trying to
outdo the other in order to impress the girls. Penny couldn't tell if she was
just choking on her laughter or the dust but both she and Jen were elated to
see that they could out maneuver both guys at this little challenge. At long
last the four were a little tuckered at the end of the drive. They drove to the
Wells where they were able to shower, laughing at how dusty and dirty they
were. Corey Picked Penny up and kissed her, gritty teeth an all. Troy was a
little smoother in his approach to Jen but gritty teeth prevailed yet again.
The couples separated and headed to the showers, grateful for this small oasis
after tackling the sandy dunes...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:40 pm

loo_loo3

The ride in the helicopter was again
a brief hop in the sky and then the touchdown near the Del. This time Troy
drove the car the short distance to the Villas and the foursome opted to change
into dinner clothes in their suite. This had been their home base for the day
although they scarcely used it. The twins Jen and Penny led the men to their
delicious dining destination at the Del-the Sheerwater Restaurant. Located
right off the ocean, and just in time for the sunset dinner, the hotel and
staff provided one more experience of a lifetime. The couples walked to the
fireplace on the patio where they could smell the ocean and hear it's call as
the waves lapped and then crashed on the rocks nearby. The sun began it's daily
drop in the sky as the couples made their toasts to a day of fun in the sun and
the sand. Troy dropped strawberries into the sparkling white wine of the day
and Corey hummed into Penny's ear. Gently swaying to the music provided by the
ocean Penny drew closer to Corey as he inhaled her scent-a very beachy
scent-and softly kissed her neck, then ear and then her lips. But something was
different and suddenly Corey wondered what it was. As if he wasn't crazy enough
about Penny, something had him wanting her more. Why was that he thought.
"Mmmm-what," Penny murmured, clearly her body and mind lulled by the
sound of the waves and the gentle caress of the breeze that hypnotized her
senses. "Oh-um I just meant that something is different. Between us I
mean," Corey stumbled over his words a tad. "Smiling to herself Penny
shyly asked Corey if that was a bad thing-that something different. "NO. I
mean no-it is a very GOOD thing," he reassured her with another kiss in
her ear. Just what Penny wanted to hear she thought as she turned into his arms
and kissed him and kissed him some more. Jen looked at Troy quizzically and
popped into his arms before he could even grab her. The two toppled over and
frankly Troy thought maybe Jen had consumed too much champagne. Jen then
grabbed Troy's arm pulling him toward the beach. Troy was beginning to like
this side of Jen-the take charge in a spontaneous kind of way side. They ran
into the waves not even bothering to pull their sandals off. Laughing and
running, splashing and playing, the two collapsed on the beach entangled in a
knot, with no thought of another in their sight. they were in their own little
world...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:40 pm

loo_loo3

Walking back to the fireplace pit
and their seats for the evening, the four sampled from the seafood platters
before them, lips almost smacking it was so good. the wood fire cooked
scallops, prawns ala scampi, bits of marinated blue crab-all too tempting to
ignore. And after cleansing the palate with white semilian wine from Australia,
the four tasted more tidbits and then settled on a lemon chiffon cake drizzled
with raspberry sauce for dessert. The sky was a glorious range of purples and
mauves, reds and coral, reminding the group of the beauty of the gorge they had
been privy to earlier that day. And then, the sun was gone, the moon the only
heavenly body left in the sky except for the stars that emerged seemingly one
by one. Troy pointed out some of the constellations above and Jen listened
raptly; astronomy had never been her favorite subject, at least not till now.
She could listen to Troy's voice forever. Dinner was over and so was the date.
Penny left for a moment but came back driving a golf cart. "Hop aboard
y'all," she invited the others. "Ok Penny-why the golf cart,"
Troy asked with a grin. "You will see," was the only response Penny
would give. "I think we're taking the long way back," Jen confided to
Troy. and she was right as the cart continued past their villas and around the
block and then they came to an abrupt stop on a luxurious spread of grass that
was meticulously kept up. It was apparent even in the moonlight. "Ah-here
we are," Penny cried. "Now we are talkin'!" And then Corey
realized that they were on the golf course. "What? Why are we here?"
Suddenly the golf cart lurched forward and Penny wound around the sidewalk that
paralleled the holes and drove behind the 9th hole. Jen just laughed because
she knew where they were just because of the honking-Yep-Penny had found the
pond-the duck pond! "Ok-we're taking bets here fellas," Penny called
out. "How long before we locate that blue golf ball from the Seattle
season?? Start lookin'!" The four broke out into giggles and chuckles as
Penny began the search for that infamous blue ball...
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:41 pm

loo_loo3

Ok
ladies-done with two of the dates but I have one more double date left. I will
try to get to it later today but if not will continue tomorrow!haha xo,
Chipalooo
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:47 am

SmartandTruthful
YAY! Of course, our story has to have some helicopter rides – good for Jenny and Penny (aka our brilliant writer, Chip) for thinking of that! Ha! And the Duck Pond, too! Gotta have a Duck Pond! LOL! I loved the poetic descriptions of the desert colors and all the little details about the two sets of twins. Beautiful job! Lubs, S&T

Mehreen and Faith had held off on their dates until later in the week. Since the two Bachelorettes had become a foursome with Bill and Greg, they decided to start their date together and split up later in the day. Because Bachelor Survivor had included lots of sand and water fun, the girls decided it was time to explore the cultural side of the City. On Saturday morning around 10, they pulled up in front of the Men’s Villa. Bill and Greg were ready and waiting, dressed in khaki slacks and dress shirts, with sports coats over one arm. The men climbed in the limo. Bill gave Mehreen a kiss on the cheek and sat next to her on the rear seat. “You look gorgeous!” He told her. Mehreen was dressed in a classic navy blue dress with white polka dots and navy and white spectator pumps. Greg gave Faith, who had on a silky white tunic dress that was gathered at the bottom by a three-inch band of material, a big bear hug and they sat on the seat perpendicular to the other couple. “We’re off!” called Faith as the car rolled away.

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:48 am

SmartandTruthful
A short while later, the limo pulled up to the San Diego Museum of Art, located in the heart of Balboa Park. Mehreen and Bill stepped out into the bright San Diego sun and waited for Faith and Greg to join them. As they walked up the stone steps, the foursome was in awe of the grand sculpted façade that covered the front entrance and ran from the ground to the roofline. The unique bass relief treatment of the building featured detailed columns carved to stand out from the wall, a second floor level triptych of life-sized sculptures of three old Spanish Master painters, and the hand-carved coats-of-arms of Spain, the United States, California, and San Diego. “This is really impressive,” said Bill. The others all agreed. Inside the lobby was a large open room with a simple three-tiered stone fountain in the middle and grand stone archways leading to other areas of the museum. The ceiling was paneled with dark wood in an old world box-like design and cut out in the middle to create a large opening to the gallery above. On the second floor, a balcony ran around the opening, allowing patrons to look down at the first floor. “We’re really excited about the Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit they are currently displaying.” “Toulouse-Lautrec? I like him,” Greg said. “Shall we visit that first?” asked Bill. The group agreed to visit the Lautrec exhibit first and then just browse around the rest of the museum.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:48 am

SmartandTruthful
Faith and Mehreen took the guys to Lady Carolyn’s Pub for lunch. They ate a simple, but delicious meal of soup and sandwiches while they talked about the things they had liked best in the Art Museum. The Toulouse-Lautrec Exhibit had been a real treat. Otherwise, the European gallery, the Art of the Americas, and the Photography exhibit were the favorites. The four had become good friends and the conversation was easy and included a little teasing. “Mehreen, I’ve never seen anyone make people and horses out of seaweed and seagrass, but you made it work. Move over Martha Stewart!” joked Bill. “Well, Faith and Michelle helped and we all did a great job!” “Yeah,” said Faith. “I was in charge of getting them to stand up on our drawbridge and I think you were the “sidewalk superintendent,” weren’t you, Bill?” “Hey, somebody’s got to make sure the peasants get the work done!” “Bill!” “Ladies, you know I was only joking. Hey, I was a serf myself, sweating away carving stones into that castle wall and so was our fearless, Captain Greg.” “Well, it was a real team effort,” said the Captain, raising his glass, “So, here’s to Team 1 and $5,000 a piece!” The four clinked their glasses and toasted their recent victory.

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top