Survivor Ghost Island

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor Ghost Island Empty Survivor Ghost Island

Post by Lesallee Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:03 am

Here we go again for the thirty-sixth time! And I'm still excited. I watch other reality shows but this one is still best.

Survivor Ghost Island Img_0742
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Survivor Ghost Island Empty Re: Survivor Ghost Island

Post by Lesallee Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:20 am

Good start and Ghost Island is intriguing. The right two were booted, both would soon get very annoying to me in no time. There are a couple of guys who imagine themselves as alpha males I will be pleased to see brought down. I like Donathan but he's pretty hapless and probably won't last long. Some strong women this season, Morgan for one. Still don't have all the names remembered. I thought it was a good idea to re-arrange the tribes. When one tribe gets systematically decimated right off the bat it doesn't make for good tv. I am looking forward to a good season.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:38 pm

I'm also glad those two got voted off.  I can't figure out how they picked who would do the swimming and having to unleash the balls.  If James and Donathan were so bad, why didn't they speak up and say they shouldn't do that part of the challenge?

I'm not minding the alpha males quite yet.  None of them are as exciting as Ozzy was, though.  Hopefully we will have a good season.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:42 am

Agree with you Lesallee - Survivor is still the best reality show around.  It still delivers excitement that I remember from season 1.   This season has started off great!   I really like the idea of Ghost Island.  I can't believe Jacob told Stephanie about the Legacy Advantage, DUH!   Well, I guess he didn't get to reverse the curse.  I'm sure Stephanie will use that to her advantage.  I think she will go far in the game.
I just love Donathan, but I also do not see him getting far.  They are going to eat him alive.  Too bad he didn't get an advantage on Ghost Island.  I like the dynamic at the other camp with the alpha male model and the construction guy...  Should be interesting.   Looks like they swap tribes next week though.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Yes, I think this will be a good season. I like the concept of this season. Will make it interesting. I agree with you lesallee that the right two got voted out. Gonzalez was overly cocky and I was happy to see her go.

Jacob played a really dumb game right out of the gate. He was definitely not long for the Survivor world. Started talking smack after they lost immunity and was overly anxious to be sent to Ghost Island. Since the person getting sent to Ghost Island has automatic immunity from being sent home for that tribal counsel, the other team was kind of dumb sending him there based on his mouthiness after his team lost the challenge. It was only good for Morgan who was the recipient of the legacy advantage. It didn’t matter in the end because he got himself caught up in his lies and hung himself out to dry anyway. It was a dumb move on his part to tell anyone about his advantage, especially in the very beginning when you really don’t know who to trust yet. It was also not very smart of him to tell anyone that he had a “hidden immunity idol” before going to tribal council. It was pretty smart of his team to ask where the paper was that came with it to determine whether he was lying or not.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:45 pm

At tribal, Jacob also goofed and said he received an "advantage" and not an idol... The gym teacher caught that right away.   He knew Jacob was lying anyway.
Argeed rkc, it was dumb game play - especially being a super fan as he proclaimed.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:35 pm

This Survivor season won't be easy to win. There are a number of very savvy players and it's going to be difficult to fool them.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by lolada Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:32 pm

I was ok with Gonzalez. But Jacob gave me bad vibes right the moment I saw him.
As some girl(Stephanie I think?) mentioned, Jacob knows the game and so on but he lacks social game. He shot himself in the foot and got out.

I think Stephanie is a strong player and will go far in the game. She was smart and used her flirty skills to get info off Jacob. He felt right on the trap Laughing

For some reason I don't trust Donathan. He seems innocent and stuff but I think he will be dangerous in the social game later on.
But the person I trust the least is Chris. I don't like him at all.

It was a good start. Survivor rocks  Cool
lolada
lolada

Back to top Go down

Post by lolada Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:03 am

Just watched this playlist about this season cast. Erin Cebula is a great interviewer  'Survivor: Ghost Island' - ET Canada

My favourite so far is Brendan.

Last edited by lolada on Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
lolada
lolada

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:05 am

Wow, how long do you think that specimen Chris will last?  Talk about strange, issuing instructions, fancying himself head game manager then blubbering away on Ghost Island. 

I was surprised they gave Morgan the heave ho. I really don't know what the tribes motivation was for that. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by lolada Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Yeah. I was not expecting Morgan being voted out.
lolada
lolada

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Interesting tribal last night. Michael successfully convinced the others that his II carried protection for two. I wish he had gone with his original intent to save Brendan as he needed it and I don't think Steph did. Anyway, he saved himself. 

Not a Bradley fan, I think he will go soon. And Chris - yuck, an arrogant sod I will be happy to see gone.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:26 pm

I was really hoping the other side would flip and vote out Bradley.  Michael sure had a straight face when he was talking about the idol.  I wonder if they will pick up that he only saved Stephanie at the end so only used it on one person.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:44 pm

That was a pretty good show that Michael put on, I was almost convinced as a viewer, haha.  I was surely hoping that they would have flipped on Bradley.  He is a douche canoe.   I just can't stand that smug look he has.   He's right up with there Chris - I can't stand him either.  I'm pulling for Domenik, I think he is pretty good.   I like Stephanie too, but she showed some weakness yesterday that I don't think will fair her well in this game.
What's her name passed up the chance to win an advantage.... Could have been a great one.  Not sure I would pass that up, it's early enough that losing a vote now might not be as critical as it would be with less people later on.  You came to Survivor to win!

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:07 pm

So foolish, self absorbed Chris went bye-bye with an II. Ha, poetic justice. I'm not a huge Dom fan but I am glad he has outlasted Chris. The women clearly disliked Chris and he is too full of himself to pick up on that.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 pm

I will be MIA for the rest of the season so am stuck watching spoilers.  This whole Dom Chris thing was so stupid from the start.  I did start liking Dom a bit better as the season went by but he's still not a favorite.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:46 am

Well darn, beardie. There are so few of us discussing Survivor I hate to lose you! 

We might have a female winner this season. The men are all strutting too much and perhaps a lady will grab that opening and pull it off.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Goodbye Chris - so happy to see him go.  Could he be the most smug contestant yet? I don't think he has a clue on how arrogant he comes off, seriously, comparing yourself to Dewayne Wade?  So laughable.

I really pulling for Laurel or Donothan to go to the end, but I'd be happy if Dom made it.  I really like his game play.  Wendell as well.

What advantages / idols are now left?
Domenick has an idol that possibly nobody knows he has. Wendell has an idol. Michael has an idol. Kellyn has a bonus vote, right?

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:27 pm

Wendell is playing a smart game but he is on the others radar and I think he won't last until the end. Ditto for Dom. I would love to see Laurel win, she's smart and great at challenges. No one really seems to be after her yet - they've been fixated on Michael and Libby. With Libby gone and Michael now idoless I think Michael will depart very soon. Donathan is a sweet kid but I don't picture him in the final three,
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:55 am

Well, well, Des did herself in with her big mouth! I really thought Michael would go until Des went stupid. I doubt Michael is long term though, no one seems to be overly fond of him. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed May 23, 2018 8:47 pm

I think that many times during tribal Jeff stirs the pot and manages to change the outcome of the vote.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu May 24, 2018 10:30 am

A tie! Wow, but no surprise really, both Wendell and Dom were the dominant players all season. I would have been fine with either as winner but I was a smidgen happier when Laurel cast the tie breaking vote for Wendell. I guess I just like Wendell's style more. 

Interesting that after all these years Survivor is still winning the ratings battle. Bodes well for my favourite reality show.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Thu May 24, 2018 10:33 pm

Lesallee wrote:A tie! Wow, but no surprise really, both Wendell and Dom were the dominant players all season. I would have been fine with either as winner but I was a smidgen happier when Laurel cast the tie breaking vote for Wendell. I guess I just like Wendell's style more. 

Interesting that after all these years Survivor is still winning the ratings battle. Bodes well for my favourite reality show.
I missed part of it, did they preview the next season?
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by lolada Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 pm

Lesallee wrote:A tie! Wow, but no surprise really, both Wendell and Dom were the dominant players all season. I would have been fine with either as winner but I was a smidgen happier when Laurel cast the tie breaking vote for Wendell. I guess I just like Wendell's style more. 

Reading the votes at final tribal was interesting! Everyone was in shock.

I think both deserved to win. Wendell friendship with Lauren paid off.

It's funny 7 out of 8 idols still cursed LOL

Peebeeb wrote:I missed part of it, did they preview the next season?

Yes, they did as usual. It's called David vs Goliath.
lolada
lolada

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun May 27, 2018 11:22 pm

lolada wrote:

Reading the votes at final tribal was interesting! Everyone was in shock.

I think both deserved to win. Wendell friendship with Lauren paid off.

It's funny 7 out of 8 idols still cursed  LOL

Peebeeb wrote:I missed part of it, did they preview the next season?

Yes, they did as usual. It's called David vs Goliath.
Thanks.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top