Episode 1

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 1 - Page 8 Empty Re: Episode 1

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:37 pm

I think maybe Hannah picks lower key people subconsciously, except for Luke.  I think Hannah is picking opposite of what she is.  I honestly think if these other guys had more personality, it would show regardless of Luke.  We have had other shows that have had more than one big personality.  I don't remember the other guys she let go and if any of them had bigger personalities.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:12 pm

I think Hannah kind of creates her own drama too just by virtue of who she is.  I think Luke was there because of Hannah.  At least she turned out to be more interesting than I thought she would be.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:45 pm

Apparently you too can rent the windmill fantasy suite for cheap....Just make sure the sheets were changed! LOL

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/bachelorettes-hannah-browns-windmill-fantasy-202501470.html
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:47 pm

As to the ex of Peter, I don’t know how much she could have misunderstood the seriousness of their relationship if even the text message from Peter is talking of them moving in together. If you’re moving in together then it at some point it took a turn for the serious.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:56 pm

Yes, Hannah is dramatic lol

Wow, I didn't think the rental rate for the windmill fantasy suite would be so low.

rkc, I have a question for you since you said you know who's F1.  I'll PM you?

Who's looking forward to MTA next week?I'm not looking forward to the guys yelling over each other.  But it would be nice to see some of the people who were let go early.

Ugh, the space bar on my regular keyboard isn't working.  So I'm not gonna type much. Laughing
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:15 pm

I literally just saw them talking on TV about the windmill suite for rent on Extra, and they gave the rate.  you beat them to it, rkc Smile
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:45 pm

Skt8, I didn’t see a pm from you so I don’t know whether you sent it or not. Wow! I beat Extra to the punch? Lol! I wasn’t expecting the rental cost to be so low either. Don’t know if I’ll ever get to Greece in my lifetime but if I did I think it would be an interesting place to stay.

I think next weeks MTA is gonna be a free for all like we have seen in recent years. It seems the contestants get worse on that show every year.

I finally got a chance to watch the whole episode from Monday. On Demand from Fios is terrible with loading shows that were aired. They get to it when the get to it, I guess.

Kudos to Hannah for not having sex with all the guys, but the only reason she didn’t with Tyler is because he didn’t say the L word? That’s the impression I got. Why have sex with those who say it when you don’t know if they even mean it? I’m kinda glad someone finally said something to Hannah about the other guys having reservations with her because she kept Luke around when he clearly has issues. It really does make you wonder about what her mental state is. I understand that she had a quick connection with Luke, but that’s what dating is about. You might have an instant attraction to someone but when they start acting like an stalker you get rid of them. Jed was doing good with what he was saying until he said, “When I get worried it makes me retract how I feel.” Retract? That would have kinda pissed me off too. That basically says I don’t like what you’re doing so I don’t feel like I love you anymore. Huh?

Watching the Luke part all over again just made me shake my head even more. If it had been in real life and camera men had not been around, I would have called the cops when he refused to leave. He was acting so bizarre. He was just too overly confident this whole time and thought he had it in the bag...but then again Hannah said that he was the closest thing she has ever experienced to love at first sight and the things she may have said to him in private may have made him that way. He’s just too creepy.

And could someone PLEASE put some makeup on Hannah’s red nose? They have makeup people on set for crying out loud!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:23 pm

The MTA will probably be more of the Luke show with the other guys just bringing up the stupid stuff about him that was irritating. More Luke blah blah blah. I've had enough of him. He is just so creepy. yuk

rkc, I thought the same thing with Jed saying Hannah's decision made him rethink his feelings. I wondered why she didn't call him on that. It's funny that Jed asked if she doesn't know how to let go of things that aren't good for her because that's how
I think of him. Why is she keeping him? Even if his feelings for her are real, he still will put his music before anything else. The guy can't even pay his own bills. I don't even think he is that good looking.

She admitted to having sex with Peter. I'm not sure about Jed but they were in bed together in the morning. If she had sex with both of them, then I have to call her out on that. Maybe the only reason she didn't have sex with Tyler is because she was worn out from Peter the night before. Giggle Sleeping with the one you will choose is ok, but not with more than one. imo

I read that her nose is red because of some medication she was taking, but it is odd. Rudolph Hannah. Laughing
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:37 am

Ha ha. Rudolph Hannah.   I thought something similar.  Hannah the red-nosed bachelorette.  I had seen an article about her red nose and the theory is that she was taking Accutane for a skin condition, and one of the common side effects of Accutane is a dry nose.  When Garrett was going home, he told her not to hide her red nose, and she told him she won't Shocked lol

i hadn't sent the PM but I will now.  Thank you, rkc.

Something I learned from a prior season:  Some of the men at the MTA will have been at BIP already.  So  whatever drama they probably had there may spill over to the MTA.  Only they can't talk about it while they're yelling over each other.  Dizzy

I didn't see the whole episode so far, particularly Tyler's date.  I'm not sure why she didn't want to have sex with Tyler, not that she should  with All the guys, but I think she said something about their relationship so far being very physical.  That massage date turned rather steamy.  Shocked

There's too much about the sex talk scene that bothered me that I don't feel like typing, but asking Hannah if he could pray over her I think was the worst part.  I wonder if they'll talk about their little Twitter battle at MTA.

Thank you rkc and mule for bringing up the point about Jed, that basically  because he doesn't like what she's doing or the decisions she's making, he's rethinking his feelings or feels he doesn't love her anymore?  I was thinking the same.  He supposedly loves her.  I'm not sure he does.  Also, when she told him she was falling in love with him in a prior episode, for a moment he didn't react.  No expression on his face.  He could have been listening to a traffic report  the way he reacted, or didn't react.  Maybe that's not the best example but you know what I mean Ashamed

Perhaps the biggest villain of the season or the show is Mike Fleiss, who allegedly attacked his pregnant wife after she refused to have an abortion.  Apparently, it was caught on security cameras.  I posted an article in another thread but not this link. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/bachelor-creator-mike-fleiss-accused-attacking-pregnant-wife-1224701?fbclid=IwAR0u7esBBjhlEgR077vDmsI4fw5qokSoSsPzOIcDKEn5CsYIG-yLIbQOjmQ   I'm sorry if that's a bit off-topic.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:58 am

Maybe I heard it wrong and maybe Jed misspoke.  I was trying to find the scene where he said retract.  When he said it I thought he meant he starts to withdraw and not that he is taking anything back.  Maybe he used the word wrong.  Yes, Hannah wanted to know that she and Tyler had more of a connection than just physical and she said that is why she didn't want to sleep with him in the FS.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:28 am

It's possible Jed meant something different than the way it sounded. At the time I took him to mean he wa rethinking his feelings. Jed was upset at the rose ceremony when Hannah hesitated between him and Luke. The night he spoke to her about Luke I think he was really skirting around the issue that it seemed to him that she didn't think more of him than she did Luke. I do think he was pulling back and not sure if she was the person he thought her to be because of the rose ceremony. When he saw that he upset her he scaled back on his question. I really don't think his feelings are that strong.

I saw an article that Luke's brother is saying the show manipulated conversations and had an agenda to make Luke look bad. He said Luke is not like that. If the show made Luke out to look bad, then why is it the guys in the house had such reactions to him? They know what the conversations were, it was not manufactured. Even if what we saw was edited, the guys didn't like him.

Fleiss is a real slime bag, but I knew that before this latest incident.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 am

I've always or since years ago thought Fleiss is a real jerk, and now he's being investigated by police.  It was talked about on Entertainment Tonight.  They talked about whether this scandal would "bring down the franchise" and whether the series is in jeopardy Lol I doubt it, but I'm sorry, I wouldn't be upset if the series were ever canceled.  I listened as Mike Fleiss made the CBS news, though I didn't continue watching to see what they said on CBS.

Maybe Luke's brother enables him.  In any case, apparently he doesn't know the contract Luke signed says the show can put a contestant in any light that they want.  It's the price you pay for 15 minutes and I guess in Luke's case, for a platform.  I read Luke went on the show for his platform regarding religion.  Luke's brother even called the editing "slander."  I doubt he could ever meet the legal standard for slander of someone who voluntarily went on the show.  At any rate, I agree with Mule, the reactions of the guys in the house time and time again weren't manufactured. And I heard some or a few of the guys have implied as such on social media.  I don't really think they should be doing that on social media, but point is it shows they don't like him  with no editing by production.  Also Luke started a Twitter feud, and that's not part of the show.  He started out by defending himself on Instagram and it sounded fine; he should have stopped there but then took to Twitter and started the feud.

Jed said "It causes me to just feel, like, worried, and when I feel worried, I feel like I retract how I feel."  Like he can control his feelings Shocked , if he truly has those feelings.  So supposedly that's not what he meant but I don't think he ever went back on his statement, and it wasn't a good look.  It's interesting that when they got up from the table, this ominous music started playing, similar to how some intense music started playing during the sex talk scene and grew towards the end.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:49 am

You may be right, but I would have to see the scene.  It could still mean he withdraws because it is an odd thing to say if he means take back his feelings.  It could mean recoil or withdraw.  Anyway, we saw how Luke's family and friends acted at the hometown, so it would make sense that his brother would defend him like that.  Didn't they all say how wonderful he was and seem in denial about him?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:49 pm

retract how I feel is different than meaning he withdraws from the situation. Good point, skt, that if you feel love strong enough you don't just turn it off.

Denial is what they all do. Then when someone sees through the BS they are confused. Luke lives in fantasyland and now he's getting a good dose of reality.

I really wonder if Fleiss's escapades are enough to bring him down. If he claims it's fake news he can get it to go away.

thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:21 pm

That's why I thought it was strange that he used the word retract and maybe got confused with the meaning.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:42 pm

Why the heck didn't someone call security?
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:48 pm

That's what I thought too, peebeeb, when Luke wouldn't leave. This whole thing with Luke is so strange and parts of it looked so staged. CH knew full well Luke was there, yet he didn't say a word to Hannah about it before she went in. They knew it would upset her so they were waiting for the reaction. Then Jed, Tyler and Peter all stood there listening and trying to stay in their own lanes until they heard her say she had already sent Luke home. Then they approached him and Luke put his fist to his face like he was deciding whether or not to swing at them.
Phony!

His conversation with CH was so boring with his awkward pauses while he was making up more BS. Loved the audience laughing and gasping at his stupidity. This guy is a real piece of work.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:09 am

The truth is that the way Luke acted so possessive is the way a lot of people act in real life, maybe not to that extent, but people can be very possessive when they like someone.  They may not act this way on the show, because they don't want to jeopardize themselves.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:24 am

That's true, glitters, and that is what Hannah called toxic and hoped it might help others see they don't want relationships like that. This was probably the most harsh MTA there has ever been People didn't hold back, not even Hannah. Her apology for keeping Luke on the show for so long really was a bit surprising. I suppose it was a bit funny but also brutal.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 am

I found the audience reactions to the pre-rose ceremony scene entertaining.  But today, I saw an interview where CH said he was standing nearby in case things got physical, and he said he was glad things didn't get physical among the guys. So he acknowledged the possibility.  Shame on production for enabling the situation to happen in the first place. 
Oh, I happened to see a crew member running by  in that scene.   At least that wasn't taken out in editing.

So MTA was largely  about an hour of the Luke P. show, a spotlight on Mike as a contender for bachelor, and an advertisement for BIP through John Paul Jones  Lol.  I'm still a little disappointed a lot of the other guys didn't get to speak, or it wasn't shown.    Ah, well.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:30 am

I agree with you mule, retract how I feel is definitely different than someone withdraw from a situation. Did he mean it the way he said it or the other way? Only he can answer that, but I did find it interesting that he got right up from the table and chased her down and started to back peddle....same as his nemesis, Luke. Hmmmm.

And peebeeb and mule, I had the same thought. If it really went down how it was portrayed then someone would have called security. CH knew Luke was on his way AND had a ring, but yet he said nothing to Hannah and did nothing but stand there when it all went down. He may have been standing by just in case, but still. He could have prevented some of that if he wanted to. But that’s okay, Hannah handled it quite well all on her own. I couldn’t help but laugh when she picked up that podium and moved it in front of Luke!

It’s a shame they made the MTA episode still all about Luke. Not too many people render me speechless (lol) but yet me did when he was talking to CH. All of those long, boring pauses to just sit there and think about how he could spin it to his advantage were really annoying. Yet he still was the same old Luke. Making it sound like he was justified in everything he did and he wouldn’t change a thing, but then said he was sorry to the guys even though everyone knows he didn’t mean it. I’m so glad he doesn’t seem to be on BIP.

Speaking of which, Holy Crap! Just when you think the other seasons couldn’t get any worse....here comes 2019’s episodes! Looks like it’s gonna be a real train wreck. And Demi! This is gonna be a first!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:09 pm

skt, an rkc, well said. That MTA was a real pounding for Luke. I don't care for the guy but I don't like to see that kind of a beat down either. I bet there will be some who make this into a prejudice issue because he is religious. Truth is, when he refused to leave and kept putting Hannah through the stress, he was just a jerk. He was trying to SAVE Hannah?? lol The more he talked the worse it got.

Demi warned us that she is promiscuous. lol I can't believe people are willing to act like that for everyone to see. John Paul Jones was pretty funny and might make BIP interesting.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:28 pm

I was impressed with Hannah's candor and apology.  Can't recall another lead admitting that she 

was insecure with the expectations of her new role.  And that insecurity led her to believe in and

keep Luke as long as she did.  Kudos, Hannah!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:31 pm

sorry this link didn't go to the article so I removed it
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:34 pm

try it again

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/people-rightfully-pissed-bachelorette-producers-204300239.html
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top