Episode 1

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 1 Empty Episode 1

Post by Bach98133 Tue May 14, 2019 7:54 pm

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/the-bachelorette-ok-hannah-browns-first-episode-wasnt-that-bad.html/

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Episode 1 Empty Re: Episode 1

Post by rkc1960 Tue May 14, 2019 9:31 pm

I wasn’t sure about Hannah being the Bachelorette because she seemed so uncomfortable in front of the camera during Colton’s season and when they had her on ATFR but I have to say she surprised me last night. She was more calm then the guys were as they were coming out of the limos. It’s still too early to get a sense of the guys but I did like Peter and actually the other pilot, Chasen as well. Unfortunately he was one of the ones she didn’t seem to get to talk to because Scott apparently took up so much time with his drama. I am skeptical also as to how Demi got the intel on him. This info does not just come out of the blue. I like how Hannah handled it though. She seems like she isn’t going to put up with any bs which I respect her for.
I don’t know if any more guys have girlfriends back home that will come out of the woodwork this season, but there were red flags on Jed, the singer/songwriter from Nashville that decided to serenade her 5e first night. Those guys are never there for anything other than self promotion.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed May 15, 2019 1:06 am

I agree. The singer and the dancer are looking for jobs. The box guy needed to go for sure. boring John Paul Jones should have gone too. lol

The way Hannah beckoned Scott was quite bossy.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed May 15, 2019 3:56 am

I forgot it was on.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Wed May 15, 2019 1:00 pm

I don't know about her giving the first impression rose to that guy … isn't he the one who says he found GOD in the shower ?  And the previews show he has anger issues … ugh  Yuck
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed May 15, 2019 1:01 pm

The situation that happened with Scott makes sense and maybe there is more than the audience knows, but we don't know.  I think you walk a thin line between actually dating someone and many other kinds of relationships that aren't necessarily serious.  Is no one supposed to talk to anyone of the opposite sex before they come on this show?  How do we really know what happened with Scott and how serious his relationship was with this woman?  It was just white noise to me and I didn't get that invested in it, because I don't know the whole story.  I felt Demi was too happy about something negative that happened on this show instead of just being relieved that Scott was exposed.  I hope it just didn't happen for drama in the show and was actually a real betrayal situation.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed May 15, 2019 1:13 pm

And I felt Hannah spent too much time being upset about Scott when she didn't even know him.  It seemed a little unstable.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat May 18, 2019 12:32 pm

It was a big setup by production which I wrote about in the other thread before noticing this one.  They wanted this drama day one this season.  I'm not sure if it's because they were afraid people didn't want to tune in and they were trying to up the ratings or if it's because, as CH said, they like to "change things up."  

Scott has a tendency to contradict himself.  Even before CH grabbed Hannah to talk about Scott, Scott told Hannah he wants to map out their dream home and when she told him, "I did interior design," he told her "Really?  Oh, I didn't know that." Shortly after   with the guys in the house, he told them, "I knew that she was into that kind of thing."  

I thought Hannah went after him, so to speak, pretty gung-go right out of the gate, after Demi told her about those messages.  I thought she might have gone hard on him right out of the gate. Scott, however, said several sketchy things and did nothing to show that he was trustworthy.   First thing he says is he doesn't have a girlfriend and then he later admits he was in a relationship but "we were never like serious boyfriend and girlfriend."  A long time ago on the ABC forum, the typical contract between ABC and contestants was spelled out.  I think it's a requirement that contestants and the leads not be in a relationship after being selected to go on the show  lol -- by Scott's own admission, he was in one  up until Monday, even after he was selected to go on the show.  "Yes, I was dating a girl before I came on the show up until Monday if you want me to be completely honest."  And he never cut ties with her.  Demi said one of the messages said he told the other girl that they'll go on a trip together whenever this is all over.

I'm sure production knew about him seeing another girl and not cutting ties with her and knew about it well before filming episode 1.  It's not a coincidence how it all played out.  I'm just not sure if they had Demi messaged only after meeting with Hannah (first hour of episode) or before -- Demi said she was messaged earlier that day.  The timing is suspect.  If Demi got those messages about Scott before meeting with Hannah earlier that day (she was wearing the same clothes upon reuniting with her as she was in the van), why didn't she tell Hannah then?  Either production told her to hold off until they can take her to the mansion (Demi's supposed to be a good friend), or production held off having Demi messaged -- the timing is suspicious.

In any case, I hope production doesn't do this again Day One next time, because they spent a lot of time off camera with the Scott drama/setup that certain interesting contestants didn't get 1-on-1 time with the lead, as a couple of them on the cast said later.  Because this season, the only surprise I got episode 1 is that I actually liked a few of the contestants already and actually liked the first hour when they had the entrances/intros out of the limo, which is normally my least favorite part of the whole season. Very Happy
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat May 18, 2019 12:55 pm

I thought Hannah went after Scott pretty hard too.  But I want to ask you with all this legal stuff, what really constitutes boyfriend/girlfriend to anyone?  Shouldn't it be better explained or maybe it is in the contract?  There are so many different kinds of relationships.  People can't always be trusted either to define their own relationships correctly, and by the time it gets on the show, the explanation can get twisted.  Maybe he wasn't that close to this person he went out with and would have just drifted apart and it would be done if he weren't on this show.  Sometimes you just don't hear from people again and it's over.  It doesn't mean your relationship was that serious to begin with.  I'm just saying that could happen.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat May 18, 2019 1:05 pm

The other thing is if Scott does try to defend himself, it comes across as just that, being defensive.  No one can prove anything, so it might be hopeless for him to try.  I'm not saying he wasn't dating anyone and maybe he is lying, but it's hard for people watching the show and who are even on the show who don't know enough to even judge.  That's why I hate situations like this.  It's just he said/she said and people just start getting judgmental and it wastes time.  I want hard evidence of a real relationship or just let it go.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat May 18, 2019 1:43 pm

He admitted he was dating someone up until Monday, even after being selected to go on the show.  I can see him being defensive but not upfront.  Then he tried to throw the lead under the bus by comparing his relationship with the other girl that he didn't reveal up front, comparing it to being in a relationship with Colton where the relationships are known and not hidden.   The two situations are not the same.

I think Scott's relationship with the other girl wasn't serious.  However, I believe the contestants or the lead are expected to not be in any relationship during filming, serious or not.  Demi said she read messages between the other girl and Scott about how they saw each other Monday and that he told her they're going to be together "whenever this is all over" and that he told her they will go on a trip together.  Now, I didn't see those messages and don't know this other girl, but Scott eventually admitted he was dating a girl up until Monday and wasn't upfront about it right away.  "I was dating a girl before I came on the show up until Monday if you want me to be completely honest."  It took him enough time to eventually admit it.  I'm sorry but his responses were sketchy.  And can you imagine if the lead is dating someone/in a relationship outside of the show during filming.  The audience wouldn't go for that.  The requirement/expectation should apply to both contestants and the lead.

I'm not so concerned about Scott since he's gone anyway, which is good since he wasn't forthcoming about his dating another girl.  Actually, my main beef is I hope production doesn't hold off on exposing a relationship/girlfriend/boyfriend until episode 1, a relationship that I'm sure they knew about well before filming -- they ask these kinds of questions of contestants during the interview process.  It was such a setup by production that took a lot of time away from the other contestants, which happens somewhat every season but not episode 1.  As a consequence  some contestants don't get any 1-on-1 time and I would have liked to see more of a few of them.   I suppose the good thing about this setup for episode 1 was at least production spent so much time on it  that they didn't put in much effort in prodding any contestants to keep interrupting others' 1-on-1 time over and over like they did episode 1 too many times before. lol  Very Happy
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat May 18, 2019 2:19 pm

I wasn't clear he was doing this while filming.  I didn't quite get the timeline.  Does that mean he was dating her the same day he came on the show?  Isn't our Monday different from theirs since this was filmed weeks ago?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat May 18, 2019 2:46 pm

He was referring to the Monday before they started filming, which was a Saturday.  I had read before they starting filming that they would be starting filming on a Saturday.  He conceded that he was still dating the other girl on Monday when he came on the show.  If he intended to end things with the other girl, he didn't tell people that it was over and it was misleading to the other girl.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat May 18, 2019 3:02 pm

If that's the case, it makes sense he left, but she spent way too much time being upset when there were a bunch of other guys waiting for her and she hardly knew the guy.  And Demi was too happy about it, but more sadistic as if she knew him.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat May 18, 2019 3:19 pm

There was no emotional connection with the guy.  I think it was more about the principle.  The leads don't go on the show having someone on the side, and contestants shouldn't either.  It took a lot of time away from other contestants but she gave him plenty of time to show that he was serious about the process, and he never did.  I also think it sent a message to the other contestants that she was serious about the process;  I don't know.  But I'm sure that production knew about Scott's dating situation well before filming and could have sent him home before filming episode 1.  Instead, they had to have this big production play out episode 1 for the audience to see.  
I'm not sure about Demi.  She was supposedly her best friend in the house or close friends and I'm not sure why she didn't tell her right away about the messages she got, unless she only got them right before (being taken to the mansion) which is more than suspicious on the part of production.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue May 21, 2019 9:04 pm

Hey I'm going riding 4 wheelers in the mud. I think I'll wear a white outfit. omg who does that?

I thought Hannah was searching for words again. She seemed to have trouble talking to the guys. Her conversation with Tyler (I think it was) on the 1 on 1 was repetitive and boring.

abc Cam should get sent home, but he will stay a while for some drama.

Luke has quite a body. wow One minute Hannah says she loves the attention he gives her and then the next she questions him about being in love too quickly. I think he could be a stalker. yikes
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue May 21, 2019 10:07 pm

So Luke's "talent" at that competition was convincing the bachelorette he's in love already.  Rolling Eyes

I felt that it was production's idea for Cam to interrupt on the other guys' group date in the same way they have prodded certain contestants to interrupt in the past.  But afterwards, he continued his behavior, and I think that was maybe all him.

Hannah is pretty emotional.  Maybe one reason she was chosen was they thought she could further the drama.  

I didn't learn much about Tyler G. on the 1-on-1 date.  Just got to say he looks kind of like Jared. 

I liked Jed particularly after that awkward scene.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue May 21, 2019 10:56 pm

Well, now they (Cam) are interrupting when the lead is talking solo to the cameras (producers)?  This is new.  More interruptions.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Wed May 22, 2019 3:26 pm

I agree with skt, Jed impressed me.  And what a body; much hotter than Luke's.
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed May 22, 2019 3:55 pm

I have all sorts of things pop up on my fb. If it looks innocent and not a spoiler I read them Today there was one of John Paul Jones having Hannah cut a lock of his hair off for her to keep and think about him. He compared it to Vincent Van Gogh cutting off his ear for love. LOL Laughing
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed May 22, 2019 9:27 pm

Vincent Van Gogh, ha ha ha ha ha ha!! LOL!

P..S  Please disregard my question, Mule, which I took out.  I found it on youtube.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed May 22, 2019 11:42 pm

I laughed at Hannah.  She said she had a lot of beauticians in her family so she might be good at cutting his hair.  Then she used these gigantic multi-purpose scissors and took a chunk, just blunt chopped it.  I'm sure it left an area of stubs.  LOL
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu May 23, 2019 12:11 am

I want to see how the back of his hair looks now. lol
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu May 23, 2019 9:13 pm

I was bored with the one on one date with Tyler. Even the conversation sounded dull. Tyler hardly ever smiles which would make me wonder if he is that much into it. And when Hannah started talking about her one on one with Colton it almost seemed by the look on Tyler’s face that he was a little annoyed.

I think the best thing about the first group date was the judges. They were comical.

Luke might have a nice body but he seems a little stalkerish to me. You don’t start falling for someone that you haven’t met yet which is what he told her. If I was Hannah I would be weirded out by that instead of gravitating to him which she seems to be doing.

Cam is just coming off as annoying. For me that is just compounded by the fact that I don’t personally find him all that appealing.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Sat May 25, 2019 3:43 pm

Loved the judges as well, rkc.  Their facial expressions made my night. Laughing
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top