Episode 1

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode 1

Post by Glittersisgld Tue May 28, 2019 12:01 am

Does anyone know why Tyler left and Hannah went to the hospital?  I either missed it or it wasn't explained.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue May 28, 2019 2:28 am

It wasn't explained on the episode why Tyler G. left, but there are articles about it.  Apparently he would get into public screaming matches with his ex-girlfriend and apparently someone said he's a misogynist.  It's kind of a mystery.  (The other Tyler, Tyler C. is still there.)  

Hannah passed out, and the reason why also wasn't explained.  Maybe it wasn't anything more than dehydration and it didn't constitute enough drama, what with the Cam and Luke drama, that it ended up on the cutting room floor.

I'm feeling ambivalent toward a few people, but they cut out too much, other things out of this episode, that I can't be sure about these people.

It looks like Mike and Luke will get into some more drama from the previews.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue May 28, 2019 2:43 am

Thank you.  That is frustrating when they don't explain.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue May 28, 2019 5:00 pm

What did Cam tell Hannah regarding a medical issue he had?  I missed that part.
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue May 28, 2019 6:00 pm

Ok I was busy with other things during the show but I was trying to watch. Cam said he was sick and suddenly got a fever, went to the hospital and they told him he had to have his leg amputated. The night before his operation, his dad called and said his grandma had died. During his sickness he had to rehome his dog. I know it doesn't make sense, but that's what I heard. Was there more to it than that? Did he have his leg amputated? He was wearing shorts so if he did, Hannah would be able to tell. I don't get it. That's as much as I saw. Hopefully I can see the rest soon.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue May 28, 2019 6:16 pm

We were typing at the same time but I guess I'll post this anyway.  Sorry for redundancies.  He said in 2014 his right leg locked up on him, he was running a fever, he was taken to the hospital where he was told he had to get an amputation.  Day before one of his surgeries, he was told his grandma passed away.  He said his most recent surgery was in 2017 and at the same time he had a puppy that he had to rehome.  Maybe something that was cut was that he can't participate in physical competitions.

Off the show, he said he has lymphedema.  In articles it is said he had 13 surgeries and had a procedure that  saved his leg from being amputated.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue May 28, 2019 6:39 pm

ahhhh thanks, skt. None of it made sense to me. So it was true, not same made up story to get a rose. Was the other guy who was telling Hannah that Cam was looking for a pity rose, was he lying? i just saw that part in a commercial.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue May 28, 2019 7:17 pm

It was never shown that Cam said the words "pity rose" or that he felt compelled to tell the story because he was afraid he was going home.  I thought about whether a scene with the words "pity rose" by Cam to the guys was edited out.  Maybe I'm alone in this but I don't believe that he would be as foolish to use the words pity rose with other guys in the house.  So was Mike lying?  I think he either misconstrued it, remembered it wrong, or stretched the truth because he felt Cam was interrupting too much.  I haven't liked Cam and I liked Mike the first two episodes, but in my opinion Mike should be more careful with his words, especially with something like "pity rose" and coincidentally, I think he misstated to the guys what Hannah said too, plus I find it interesting that Mike said beforehand,  that "If I continue to get disrespected by somebody, I'm going to make sure you get booted."  I haven't like Cam but I don't think the ends justifies the means here. 

Hope that he comes off better IMO next episode with Cam gone.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue May 28, 2019 7:36 pm

All that being said, Cam's timing was bad regarding when he chose to tell his story.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue May 28, 2019 9:29 pm

I've watched the rest of the show now. It seems to me Mike did some twisting on the Cam thing. Cam said he was going to tell Hannah something serious but wasn't sure how she would react to it. That's the reason he thought he might be going home. I think Mike twisted it to get even with Cam for interrupting too much. Mike looks like he is stirring the pot with Luke too. Mike is a trouble causer. abc Cam was annoying, but it's too bad he was sent home because of Mike.

I don't know why John Paul Jones is still there.

Hannah's time with Peter was pretty hot.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue May 28, 2019 9:48 pm

Well, I'm glad Cam was sent home.  It just seemed like he was laying it on too thick with Hannah and his hard luck stories even if they are true and the timing of when he chose to tell them.  It was a bit too much and did seem manipulative.  I'm waiting for Luke to leave.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Wed May 29, 2019 12:12 am

Thanks for answering my question mule & skt.  Don't like Mike at all.

Hannah and Peter have some chemistry.   WOW!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed May 29, 2019 12:35 am

Yes, I like Peter.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed May 29, 2019 1:05 pm

https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/05/233889/why-did-tyler-g-leave-bachelorette
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed May 29, 2019 1:57 pm

I thought the same thing, skt8. I think Mike elaborated on what Cam said because he was pissed and wanted him gone. I didn’t like Cam but at the same time Mike should have never done that so Hannah would get rid of him, so I think he should go too. I understand that Mike was telling Hannah why the content of the group date upset him and he didn’t like the interruptions by Cam, but that is when Hannah should have spoke up and told Cam that she would talk to him later and basically to go away for now. Hannah knows how to speak up, we have seen that.

You could tell Hannah was annoyed by Luke during both portions of that group date, but yet he is still there. Is it because she truly feels some sort of connection to him or is it because she is supposed to keep him for the drama? He obviously stays for a while yet because in the previews for the coming season it shows him getting in a confrontation with another guy. Luke creeps me out. He just comes off as possessive and stalkerish. I wouldn’t want to be in a relationship with a guy like that. Funny though how he previously told Hannah that he was already falling for her before he even met her and that he is already having those feelings for her, but when Luke realized Hannah was dissing him he made it sound like it was not the case. Hmmmm.

I also think her and Peter are good together. I liked him from night one and he is really attractive and doesn’t come off as someone that has issues.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed May 29, 2019 7:29 pm

rkc, maybe she is letting Luke down a little at a time so he won't blow up. If she lets him keep thinking he's got it all wrapped up then sends him home, he's likely to cause trouble. He's scary.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu May 30, 2019 12:59 pm

rkc, thank you for the link to the article.  I'm glad he responded. 
I'm not following Reality Steve as I don't want to read his spoilers but I did little digging and found that Reality Steve said more than one of Tyler's exes came forward to producers.  I'm still curious what further the exes said besides the alleged spitting and alleged misogynism and screaming matches, and ABC is not releasing any info.  I personally wish they would say something about it even if it were just a general statement lol, and I don't think they will.  It seems to me ABC wanted to sweep this under the rug and have as little criticism as possible, warranted or not, about the extent to which they vet the contestants.  I suppose production believed the exes' stories were credible enough that ABC didn't want to chance a scandal or legal liability if something were to happen.  Also I read that Reality Steve said that because of Lincoln's assault record getting discovered late during Becca's season, that's why for the first time ever  they released official photos of all the contestants almost two months before the start of this season. 

I thought the same thing about how Luke P. spoke at the Mr. Right competition about falling in love and just a few days/a week later when he's not getting her full attention, he says he can't say that he's in love with her.  And then because things aren't going his way, he said he was thinking of going home, which other guys in the house will want to relay to Hannah.  Maybe one of them will tell her, and maybe that's why we see Luke screaming "you are not going to mess it up" into someone's face in previews.  

I think Hannah is actually very physically attracted to Luke and they had a lot of chemistry that she couldn't forget, although things started to change when he was following her as she was going to change her clothes and then he hovered around later so he could try to get more time.  I hope he doesn't get very far.  He has control issues and a bad temper, to say the least.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu May 30, 2019 2:41 pm

I hope they have a way of proving what exes of contestants say are true.  Otherwise anyone could say something bad about somebody.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu May 30, 2019 3:18 pm

I wish that were the case too.  I'm afraid they didn't have physical evidence (?).  Maybe there were witnesses -- maybe, may not, though I suspect production went with the credibility of the exes or what they believe is credible.  Or maybe their approach is better safe than sorry.  Shocked

I just find it kinda crazy that it all appeared to have started with a post by a friend of two people who knew Tyler G. (apparently not a friend of the exes but a friend of two people who knew him in high school), and apparently his exes don't wish to come forward but because an anonymous person posted on social media, that's how ABC eventually found out about it (through a third party), and he never would have been made to leave otherwise?  So although his exes apparently weren't going to out him initially, he got kicked off anyway.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu May 30, 2019 11:07 pm

I'm not saying that it's not true, but remember the saying "There's nothing like a woman scorned! Nobody knows except the people involved..
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri May 31, 2019 2:41 am

Yes, that crossed my mind too.  

I wonder too if the two friends of that poster are actually two exes.  And as you said, there's the saying "There's nothing like a woman scorned."  And that poster said the [alleged] spitting incident happened in Europe.  How do those two friends know what happened in Europe?  Unless they heard the story from an ex or they happened to be in Europe at that moment, or unless they lived in Europe. I looked it up and it appears Tyler grew up in and lived in the U.S. before currently going to grad school in Florida.  

Also that poster said on social media that his/her friends knew Tyler G. in high school.  Tyler is 30 now.  If the stories are true, isn't is possible that he's changed since then?  (Incidentally, the poster said neither of those friends really watch the show.)

ABC has said nothing about it.  It's still very much a mystery.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:21 pm

I'm very surprised that this season is as interesting as it is.  I was not impressed with Hannah last season, but she is more interesting than I thought.  She actually is speaking to the guys and explaining herself way better.

Tonight's dates were pretty good.  Jed is a nice guy and they seemed connected.  I thought maybe he blew his chances when he told her that he first thought being on the show would be good for his music.  I'm not sure I would have taken that as well as Hannah.

Tyler was pretty hot and fun.  I really liked him, but there is something about him I don't trust.

Peter, wow, he makes the most of the short time he had with her.  Asking her to be his girlfriend was so sweet.  He's a guy that is totally trustworthy and has integrity.  He was sure getting his hands on her on the couch.  

Luke P. yuck  I hope when Hannah sees this show she will see the truth about him.  I played back the scenes in the rugby game to see what happened.  It only showed Luke S. coming in from the sideline heading towards Luke P.  Luke P. crouched to the ground, Luke S. kept coming towards him, Luke P. just raised up and picked him up and threw him down.  I can kind of see that Luke S. was going after Luke P., but Luke P.is much bigger and stronger and didn't need to be that aggressive.

What is with all the chicken nuggets on the other shows? And now tonight it was ice cream. I guess the show is promoting products now.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:50 am

Luke P. is unhinged and needs to go.  Guess he's this season's villain.  

Luke S. could be Nick Viall's twin.

Love Peter, but someone needs to hose him down.  That hand action belongs in the FS. Wink 

Hannah is great on the group dates.  This lady likes sports.
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:59 am

My TV cut out during Tyler C. and Hannah's night date after she told him she felt so bad because she wasn't sure about him.  The next thing I saw was them dancing to some guitarist performing.  Did anything interesting happen during their night date?  

That rugby date was tailored-made for a villain like Luke P., designed to bring out aggressions from someone like Luke and it worked like a charm for production.  Luke P. said he didn't remember what happened during the scuffle  and then he soon backtracked.  He would have been destroyed if he were on the witness stand. lol

I was telling Mike lol  through the TV  not to bring up Luke P. when he was speaking with Hannah, but he did.  I guess my only surprise tonight was that Mike wasn't involved in more drama this episode, although he did start more discussions with Luke P. that led to more drama.  

They had that ice cream commercial in a prior season, although the commercial is a little different than last time.  I heard Hannah loves chicken nuggets and that the chicken nuggets are from Wendy's lol, but I really don't know if that's true.

Kevin said "agnioclaviculous" (spelling?) but it didn't come up on Google.   I'd like to know what the actual word is.  If anyone figures it out, I'd really like to know; it's going to bug me until I can find out.Very Happy
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:45 am

Maybe it was this, skt. A separated shoulder, or acromioclavicular joint injury, is sometimes referred to as a shoulder sprain.

The AC joint is the area where the acromion—the bony projection at the top of the shoulder blade—meets the clavicle, or collarbone. In this injury, the ligaments that support and stabilize the shoulder are stretched or torn, and the bones of the AC joint become dislocated or separated.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top