Bachelor Colton: Episode Talk

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Colton: Episode Talk - Page 9 Empty Re: Bachelor Colton: Episode Talk

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:45 am

Colton and Cassie must have gotten an okay to take their mics off when they went into the FS or I don't know if that is standard for going into the FS which would make sense.  Colton may have furthered the drama because of the way he is.  I just didn't think he was the most interesting person.  Maybe someone like Jason Tartick would have been more "normal," but I certainly thought he was more interesting than Colton, but then maybe Jason wouldn't want to do it.  Boring can be as bad as normal.  Lol!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:14 pm

Skt8word, I am thinking the same as what you mentioned. I have a hard time believing that Elan Gale’s exit would be him getting fired over doing something that is their regular tactics for developing drama. Yes, Colton got mad at the producers for apparently bringing Cassie’s Dad there (did someone actually say that is why Colton got mad?) but no one would be able to anticipate that Colton would react that way, so it’s really no one fault, unless you can fault all of them for just being stupid. Mike Fleiss is being very vague about Elan’s Departure and it apparently came as a surprise to even the production staff. So, did he leave because he was pursuing other projects which is what they were saying was in the works, or was it something else? We may never know.

As to Hannah B, I cant figure out why she would have many fans. Why? She didn’t do anything much during Colton’s season other than participate in her and Caelyn throwing each other under the bus, and she smiled and laughed a lot at inappropriate times, OH, and make that obnoxious beast face. She is clearly not comfortable with the camera rolling. It seems to make her nervous. What can she possibly bring to a whole season centered around her? I understand that they aren’t looking for normal, but for God’s sake, at least choose someone that can make an interesting season. They may end up regretting choosing her, same as they seemed to regret choosing Juan Pablo. It seemed good in theory but ended up being a real shit storm.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:23 pm

I thought Colton jumped the fence because he was upset at Cassie.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Glitters, I assumed Colton got mad and jumped the fence and ran off because he was upset that it wasn’t ending the way he wanted it to and with whom. I think someone else said that CH said that Colton was mad at the producers and I guess it was assumed it had to do with bringing Cassie’s Dad in to put doubts in her head. Is it just me or did the whole jumping the fence, running off, hitting the camera equipment, etc. come off a bit like a childish thing to do? Sort of like he didn’t get his way so he is gonna act out? Either that or there is a bit of an anger issue there?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:35 pm

That's what I thought.  I didn't mean it personal.  I was just responding in general because I know some people mentioned the producers.  I just figured he was feeling a lot of passion because he was hurt by Cassie.  If the producers were involved and that's why he was mad, it doesn't concern me as much.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 pm

Colton said when he ran away that he needed some space.
i imagine that would be true if you had camera crew and people in your face all the time. He was very frustrated and hurt after Cassie left. I don't think he has anger issues.

I was actually surprised Cassie was still there when he went to talk to her. It seemed that maybe 2 days had passed. I thought when people left, it was immediate. I've wondered if there was a plan. lol

Hannah Beast is a wild card. During the WTA she was more composed and came across much better than she had with Colton or when she was announced as bachelorette. She must have been more rehearsed and scripted with no surprises. They were definitely grooming her to be the 'ette. I bet they will have lots of bloopers on her season. lol
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:28 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Colton and Cassie must have gotten an okay to take their mics off when they went into the FS or I don't know if that is standard for going into the FS which would make sense.  Colton may have furthered the drama because of the way he is.  I just didn't think he was the most interesting person.  Maybe someone like Jason Tartick would have been more "normal," but I certainly thought he was more interesting than Colton, but then maybe Jason wouldn't want to do it.  Boring can be as bad as normal.  Lol!

Yes, I'm sure it's standard in their contract that they won't be mic'd in the FS suite.  I think I heard that a long time ago.   

Yeah you would think they'd want a lead that's interesting, but I never thought Colton was so interesting.  I don't recall any conversation he led that was very interesting.  Maybe if it was a drama-filled one, viewers would think it's interesting.  Jason campaigned to be the bachelor after Becca's season ended but CH said they chose Colton because he's "good TV."  The drama and tears.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:50 am

rkc1960 wrote:Skt8word, I am thinking the same as what you mentioned. I have a hard time believing that Elan Gale’s exit would be him getting fired over doing something that is their regular tactics for developing drama. Yes, Colton got mad at the producers for apparently bringing Cassie’s Dad there (did someone actually say that is why Colton got mad?) but no one would be able to anticipate that Colton would react that way, so it’s really no one fault, unless you can fault all of them for just being stupid. Mike Fleiss is being very vague about Elan’s Departure and it apparently came as a surprise to even the production staff. So, did he leave because he was pursuing other projects which is what they were saying was in the works, or was it something else? We may never know.

As to Hannah B, I cant figure out why she would have many fans. Why? She didn’t do anything much during Colton’s season other than participate in her and Caelyn throwing each other under the bus, and she smiled and laughed a lot at inappropriate times, OH, and make that obnoxious beast face. She is clearly not comfortable with the camera rolling. It seems to make her nervous. What can she possibly bring to a whole season centered around her? I understand that they aren’t looking for normal, but for God’s sake, at least choose someone that can make an interesting season. They may end up regretting choosing her, same as they seemed to regret choosing Juan Pablo. It seemed good in theory but ended up being a real shit storm.

I meant to say that I think he was mostly or partially upset with Cassie or the situation, but I got caught up in addressing the rumor originally from an apparent insider that Elan Gale was fired for flying the father to Portugal.  CH confirmed, when interviewed about the fence jump, that Colton was mad at producers.   Thank you for asking whether someone actually said that bringing Cassie's dad there is why Colton got mad.  No, I haven't heard that.  My prior post contained much of my theory and speculation, and I meant to make it clear it's not a confirmed fact, but in writing my long post, I forgot to say.  However CH said on TV that Colton was mad at producers, and CH and the interviewer were talking at the time about Colton jumping the fence, so I think his fence jump was partially because he was upset with producers.  

I agree no one would be able to anticipate that Colton would react that way and so it's no one's fault.  Surely not legally.  But maybe production didn't like being scared like that anyway in a comparable situation Question , and for them or ABC to terminate Elan Gale's employment relationship or any employee, they're not legally required to have "just cause" and I presume he was not under contract but was an employee. (?)  Actually, the other thought/theory I had was that Elan Gale had the idea of flying the father there to give his blessing  in order to encourage the proposal and acceptance of it  and so they could have one of the most romantic proposals ever, but it backfired on them when that idea didn't take into account or consider how the father and Cassie would respond.   This is still speculation but Elan Gale didn't ask input from Cassie's assigned producer how Cassie would likely react to her father not giving a blessing.  Bach/ette producers get close to and become "friends" with their assigned contestants.  That part's not speculation.

I believe Juan Pablo got eliminated the first week or very early.  They didn't know he would be that uncooperative and resistant to production and the format of the show.  They didn't know him well enough, really; just took a chance since he was so popular.  They'd want to avoid that mistake again, but Hannah B. lasted much longer and production probably believes she would cooperate with them and is not resistant to the "process" or the format of the show.  I thought they felt the same about Colton, that he would do what production wanted him to do in order to make a great show (he said something to that effect) -- that is, until he got upset when things didn't go his way and his favorite gal left him.  

Actually now that I think about the drama factor when it comes to Hannah B., I can see her letting the drama continue if and when the men talk about rumors or who's not there for the right reasons.  I'm afraid she'll be lost and won't know what to do about that, kind of when like Colton kept asking the women for their opinions instead of putting the drama to a halt.  Caelynn put a halt to the pageant contestants' feud and not Hannah and I didn't see Hannah ever doing so, so maybe production thought the same. lol more speculation.      I saw part of an interview where Tayshia was asked about Hannah B. being bachelorette, and Tayshia said she's funny and quirky.  Hannah's pageant rival also was asked a week ago who should or could be bachelorette, and Caelynn responded that a season with Hannah would be "interesting" and a "funny season," so maybe production thought so too and didn't want to show it  the first half or so of the season, until they were considering her for bachelorette.  One of her scenes was in previews but got taken out after the tide began to change in her favor in social media  as far as I could tell; I think the scene was something that would have looked bad for her if she was going to be bachelorette.  She went to visit Colton in Alabama and I still want to know what they spoke about in that scene. Thinking
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:08 am

rkc1960 wrote:Glitters, I assumed Colton got mad and jumped the fence and ran off because he was upset that it wasn’t ending the way he wanted it to and with whom. I think someone else said that CH said that Colton was mad at the producers and I guess it was assumed it had to do with bringing Cassie’s Dad in to put doubts in her head. Is it just me or did the whole jumping the fence, running off, hitting the camera equipment, etc. come off a bit like a childish thing to do? Sort of like he didn’t get his way so he is gonna act out? Either that or there is a bit of an anger issue there?

I thought the same and thought that it was immature  and I didn't want to say.  It crossed my mind that there might be a bit of an anger issue there.  I don't know.  He said in an interview the one thing he regrets from that scene is hitting the camera equipment.  I suppose he wanted to make it clear he was just upset in that moment.  But still even in that moment, who does that?   Confused

Hitting the camera equipment was another reason I thought he was angry at production.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:15 am

thisoldmule wrote:...

I was actually surprised Cassie was still there when he went to talk to her.  It seemed that maybe 2 days had passed.  I thought when people left, it was immediate.  I've wondered if there was a plan.  lol

I was thinking about that.  I guess they kept Cassie there longer.  Maybe her father was still there and they gave them time to spend together  lol,  told her they'd fly her back to the States in a couple of days.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:04 am

skt8word wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:Colton and Cassie must have gotten an okay to take their mics off when they went into the FS or I don't know if that is standard for going into the FS which would make sense.  Colton may have furthered the drama because of the way he is.  I just didn't think he was the most interesting person.  Maybe someone like Jason Tartick would have been more "normal," but I certainly thought he was more interesting than Colton, but then maybe Jason wouldn't want to do it.  Boring can be as bad as normal.  Lol!
Jason campaigned to be the bachelor after Becca's season ended but CH said they chose Colton because he's "good TV."  The drama and tears.
They were crazy not to pick Jason.  He was so much more interesting.  Who is to say he wouldn't cause drama?  Like Carly Simon says in one of her songs, "Love can drive a normal woman to extremes."  I'm sure that goes for men too.  At least he has Kaitlyn and they make a good couple.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 am

I'm not getting how or why Hannah is popular in social media.  She doesn't do anything for me and I tried looking for something I would find interesting in her.  She comes off as a little child who doesn't know what to do in front of a camera, which is interesting considering she has been in a beauty pageant and you would think she would have more poise.  She does kind of come off like an accident waiting to happen.  Well, at least Colton isn't like that Chad character.  I figure his actions were part the result of adrenaline.  They wanted some drama and they got it.  It could have been worse.  At least he isn't a robot.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:25 pm

IMO Kaelyn would have made a better ette.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top