Bachelor Colton: Episode Talk

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Colton: Episode Talk Empty Bachelor Colton: Episode Talk

Post by Lesallee Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 am

A thread for chatting about the episodes as they unfurl.

Episode one seems to be infected by the sloth. Seems to be moving at sloth like speed. I think 3 hours is too long. 

The usual stuff is happening already - the girls are getting catty. And I am very bored with Colton’s virginity. 

Hoping for more exciting shows ahead and we’ll probably get them. It takes a while and a passel of the girls need to be weeded out so we can get to know some of them.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Colton: Episode Talk Empty Re: Bachelor Colton: Episode Talk

Post by Babs2147 Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:13 am

I fell asleep during the last hour.   Sleep
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:40 pm

So the designated evil woman is set to be Katherine (sp). She had best get a lot eviler pretty darn quick as being a time with Colton hog isn’t riveting TV.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:07 pm

I found it to be too long with too much content like they show on the last night. I hope they don’t think this is a good idea and continue to start the first night with all those viewing parties with these wanna be celebs from previous seasons. Way to make their heads even bigger. I’m curious if when it was announced where those viewing parties were gonna be it was thrown out there that if someone attending wanted to get engaged that Neil Lane would give them a free engagement ring...that is if they stay engaged for two years? Of course your going to get engagements when a huge diamond ring for free is thrown into the mix.

The sloth idea was weird and annoying waiting for her to finish a sentence.

Kathrine quickly made herself a target and she won’t last long. These girls might think that the constant interruptions when they already had time with the lead is a good idea, but no matter what Colton said about it, his face said it all when she did the 4th interruption.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Lesallee wrote:... 

Episode one seems to be infected by the sloth.

LOL!

The sloth was painful to watch.

I fast forwarded through half the show.  Way too long.  No   

I liked Cassie's one-on-one.   I thought it was sad that Cinderella went home without Colton apparently never looking for her to give her back her shoe?  Funny, they showed the pumpkin on the ground as she walked away from the mansion. Giggle
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:37 pm

What I saw was definitely dull.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:35 pm

So now we have seen episode 2. Darn, it’s still draggy and dull. I like Colton and he seems a sweet guy but his Bachelor persona is reminding me of the very boring Ben Higgins. And if I never hear the word virginity spoken on this show again it will be a-okay with me. Demi comes across as an immature brat acting out.

Might pick up - the previews at least give some hope of that.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:09 pm

I started off being bored and was worried that I would be bored because of Colton, but for some reason I wasn't.  I thought the women were interesting and Colton seems to know what he wants and is grounded so far.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:26 pm

The date with Hannah B. was painful to watch.  It was her birthday, in case nobody heard that (over and over)  It seemed all she talked about was herself.  She seemed so insecure.  I think she is a robot and only speaks something she is programmed to say.  It looks like there might be a fight brewing between her and Caelyn.

I don't think the dates a were very cool.  Chasing the girls around a circle looked like a child's birthday party game.

Colton seems rehearsed.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:53 pm

I agree Hannah B. seems insecure.  And also self-centered since she kept bringing up her birthday.  She sounds programmed perhaps because she's been in beauty pageants and is so trained to say the perfect thing, that she froze up.  I thought there would be conflict between the beauty pageant contestants and production was hoping for drama when they cast them, maybe looked into how far they got in the beauty pageant competition.  The other beauty pageant contestant was runner up, got much further than her in last year's Miss USA pageant and Hannah B. was insecure about that.

I had a feeling Catherine might be Villain Number 1 just for the first night.  It happened before that someone was the villain first night for interrupting a bunch and then wasn't the big villain anymore.   Demi was the one who said the first night that she could tell Colton is attracted to her.  She seemed arrogant and now is showing immaturity.

I thought Colton seems rehearsed too, says what he thinks sounds good, including with Elyse.  But then he gave Elyse a rose.  I don't think she'll be at the top though.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:13 pm

I keep trying to watch the first hour, but I'm not able to stand it much this season.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:39 pm

I was still bored which is why I guess I didn’t pay close attention It seems from the previews that it will pick up so I’ll stick with it. It’s too brutally cold out so I would rather be in front of my tv then outside! ????

The dates didn’t impress me. Group dates were dumb. The one on one with Hannah B. was weird. Was it the camera’s rolling that made her act so odd or is she just that dull? I just think that someone that does beauty pageants should not be uncomfortable with attention on her if that’s what it is, or she should not feel insecure if she can get up in front of people and do everything that is required of someone in a pageant. It was reminiscent of Lauren and Arie’s first date, so was it just an act? It just seems we have seen this before, the uncomfortable silence that magically turns into a telling revelation during the dinner date part which changes the leads mind about giving that person a rose. Any repeat story lines always make me skeptical about what I’m seeing.

Demi....ugh. Another immature villain. She reminds me of Corrine with her bold actions. I just think the part with her in a robe at the cocktail party was more than likely put in her head by a producer. Why would anyone try to blatantly seduce a person that is very open about their virginity? I highly doubt Colton is turned on by this. And her laugh! Someone shut her up! Please! ????
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:12 pm

The beauty pageant drama is getting old.  He should have sent both of them home, but the producers need a good 2 on 1 date. ha

Hannah B. is a bit unhinged.  Add that to how awkward their first date was and she looks pretty bad, even though she has a beautiful beast inside.

I thought Caelyn was going to take the high road and not do the hateful talk, but she caved.  I really liked her until she talked smack about Hannah.

What is a content creator? (Hannah G.)

I would never have paired him with Elyse.  Their date was kind of cute and she seemed less stiff and uptight.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:06 am

thisoldmule wrote:The beauty pageant drama is getting old.  He should have sent both of them home, but the producers need a good 2 on 1 date. ha

Hannah B. is a bit unhinged.  Add that to how awkward their first date was and she looks pretty bad, even though she has a beautiful beast inside.

I thought Caelyn was going to take the high road and not do the hateful talk, but she caved.  I really liked her until she talked smack about Hannah.

What is a content creator? (Hannah G.)

I would never have paired him with Elyse.  Their date was kind of cute and she seemed less stiff and uptight.
I liked Elyse and I don’t really give a hoot about any of the rest so far. Please show, pick up some steam - please!

Big Brother was more fun.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:55 am

I can forgive Caelynn for talking about Hannah B.  I think she was feeling vulnerable and obviously very stressed by Hannah B.  I think Cassie looks like him.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:13 pm

I was thinking the same thing you are, Mule. He should have sent both pageant girls home and cut the drama early on. It’s not like he is that invested in any of them yet, But, as you said, they are already looking for candidates for the dreaded 2 on 1 date. It’s kind of hypocritical for Hannah to be saying things like Caelyn better not be talking about her to Colton since she was the one who started it by talking about her first. I think maybe Colton was leaning more towards believing Caelyn since she didn’t start it up until she retaliated by talking smack back at Hannah. Funny though that it seems Heather, Hannah apparent good buddy in the house seemed to be the one that is adding fuel to the fire by telling Hannah to go talk to Colton about Caelyn and then at the pool party putting doubts in Hannah’s mind about Colton and Caelyn’s conversation. Hopefully they will make the 2 on 1 soon and that like in previous seasons, the lead will send them both packing.

Once again the group dates I thought were both dumb. And that one with limo pulling? Are we to believe these tiny girls are pulling a limo? You could really hurt yourself even attempting to do it, and I doubt the producers would put themselves at risk of a lawsuit. They showed one girl not even being able to budge it, but supposedly that one girl that got sent home magically pulled it the whole way to the finish line? I highly doubt it.

I actually liked the date with Elyse. I thought it was cute. When they’ve done dates like that in the past with children it has almost seemed forced. Like they really weren’t into having the children there, but I didn’t get that sense with Colton and Elyse. Yes, Colton works with special needs kids so he is used to it, but Elyse seemed comfortable with the kids as well. Elyse is the only one so far that I like. A lot of the other girls in the house just seem immature in ways. Even some of the other older girls. Elyse just seems to know who she it and doesn’t seem to be doing things just to impress Colton. A lot of the others seem to be just a tad too accommodating with Colton like it’s a big put on. Fake. I think younger men can learn things from older women that are more mature in how they handle themselves. Not like Demi (ugh) who makes fun of the older girls like it is a bad thing as if Colton wouldn’t want them because of their age. Once again Demi is coming off as if she is modeling herself after Corrine. The blindfolded spanking and the fake hand in Colton’s crotch is just too over the top. Does she really think this is turning him on? From what I have seen of Colton so far, I think he is probably just finding it embarrassing and annoying, not to mention her laugh is obnoxious.

The little thing they did at the end of the show with Colton and those little girls was really cute.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:50 pm

rkc, that ending with the little girls was very cute.

Demi calling the 'older' girl a cougar was stupid.  Corrinne is a perfect comparison for her.  I've wondered when Demi gets in Colton's face, and they have to bleep what she says, just what Colton is thinking. lol  I doubt he is thinking how much he loves a trashy girl who talks like that.

Maybe they had the brake on the limo the first time and took it off for the second.   Laughing
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:47 pm

Demi is so annoying, I didn't even think of Corrine.  Demi is annoying enough on her own.  Even though they are both annoying, there is something different about them.  Yes, Heather did seem to be instigating something with Hannah.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Finished watching the episode last night.  So much drama.  Perhaps production made even more efforts to make sure there's lots of drama potential this season because there was backlash after who was announced the bachelor.  When I saw Caelynn's facial expression the first night when she saw Hannah, she didn't look happy and I thought there might be drama between them.  The promo for next week shows Courtney and Demi going at it more.  Then there's Tracy and Demi, and although it looks like production is setting it up for Hannah B. and Caelynn to head for the 2 on 1 date, I think I'd rather see Tracy and Demi head for the 2-on-1 and for Colton to send both home.  

And then Heather, she went from asking Hannah if she's going to talk to Colton about Caelynn  to agreeing with Hannah about not dwelling on the same thing, then back to telling Hannah she's afraid Caelynn is talking crap .... she's messing with her head. Perhaps it crossed her mind that this was her chance to see Hannah and Caelynn battle it out and thus Heather's chances would be better.  By the way, from the promo for next week  it looks like Caelynn gets a 1-on-1 date with Colton?  There's a brief shot of Colton and what looks like Caelynn in the back seat of a car and a car on the road.  I hope Caelynn doesn't bring up Hannah then.

I don't see Demi as being really interested in Colton.  I think she intended to play up her antics with any bachelor in order to secure her spot on BIP.  Her continual talk about cougars has gotten old.  No pun intended!  She is still being immature, so she shouldn't continue to rag on the women older than her.

I like Elyse, though I can't see Elyse and Colton together.  It was a good idea to bring her on the 1-on-1 though especially with the kids to make him look good.  This is the second time he brought up his foundation.  Last time was during Becca's season, he had the kids there too.  He said he started the foundation because of his cousin, but he named it "Colton Underwood LEGACY Foundation" instead of after his cousin's name.  

I thought ABC covered themselves from such lawsuits  through their contract with the contestants?  There's some clause in the contract saying the contestants basically waive any right to file a lawsuit if injured in sports activities and such on the show.

The last scene with the kids was my favorite part of the whole episode.  
I'm sorry for the long post.  I did cut some stuff out.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:38 pm

I like long posts.  It makes it worth your while to come on the board.  I agree, I don't think Colton and Elyse are right for each other even though Elyse seems like a nice person.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:01 pm

Thanks Glitters.  

I forgot to say Hannah B. and Caelynn were roommates when they were competing for Miss USA.  There's probably too much conflict to unpack there  from them being roommates Shocked.  I kinda think Colton should have asked them for examples of the  so-called manipulation et cetera Smile .  He's having a hard time handling the issue and is so confused.

Also I heard that the other Hannah was also a beauty pageant contestant and even competed with Hannah B.  Shocked  What are the chances?  I don't think she'll be involved in the drama though.

Last edited by skt8word on Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:04 pm

I'd like to know more about what happened between Caelynn and Hannah, but I trust Caelynn more.  We know he really likes Hannah G.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:51 pm

Same here.  I'd like to know.
Hannah B. is much too triggered by any competition with Caelynn.  She's the one who started the talk about their competition to Colton.  This show and the environment might be making her look worse than she usually is, but she did admit that she might spiral.  I think she could benefit from some therapy.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:46 pm

That’s exactly what I was getting at by bringing up the apparent manipulation on Heather’s part. She seems to be purposefully trying to stir the pot with the beauty queens. Kill two birds with one stone...less competition? I would also like to know what exactly went down while Hannah and Caelynn were roommates. I have a feeling that it was probably both of them that caused problems and not just one as they are wanting us to believe. It looks like this week Caelynn opens up to Colton about whatever issues she was being very vague about last week and maybe that will shed some light on the subject. I am also up for seeing Demi on the 2 on 1 date with one of the girls she clashes with. She can take her annoying self and her obnoxious laugh and go home. Skt8word, I agree with you as to Demi not really being into Colton but instead is vying for her place on the BIP cast. I think Colton is too pure for her taste in men. I cant help but wonder if Demi saw how popular Corrine was at the end of Nick’s season despite her antics and is hoping for the same reaction from the viewers.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:08 pm

Here is the Bachelor sketch from SNL last night.  My favorite quote, "I'm 31, so I'm almost dead."

https://youtu.be/rjPVo564uxE

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top