Bachelor 19 - Episode 1 Discussions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 1 Discussions Empty Bachelor 19 - Episode 1 Discussions

Post by SLA44 Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:25 am

Use this thread to discuss episode 1:

All I have to say right now about Kaitlyn is  Yuck!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 1 Discussions Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 1 Discussions

Post by singlyme Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:03 am

She is rather crude, isn't she, SLA?  I'm betting she's the one to polish Chris' corn cob in the tent.  Was it Trina who made the "panty dropper" comment?  Don't care for her, either.

I really liked Britt. 

I'm just picturing how it would be for some of these girls to go from big-city life to such a small town.  All well and good when Chris is at home, but it could be a very lonely life with such a small population.  Few to choose from as friends.  Thank goodness we no longer have to pay for long-distance phone calls!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 1 Discussions Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 1 Discussions

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:46 am

That first hour of interviews was unnecessary and boring. And how long was that interview with Nikki alone? It was like CH was trying to pry deeper and deeper to get something out of her that she just wasn't giving up. For all we know they may have made a pact not to out each other. After watching them on Couples Therapy I am convinced they are both foul. And that part of the show where the girl at the cocktail party called JP a douche was totally unnecessary to leave in.

There are a couple of the girls that seem okay but this crop of girls they chose for Chris are just odd. There is no way that any of these girls, except for a handful would ever relocate and be happy with where Chris lives.

I agree with you on Kaitlyn, SLA. Who get's out of a limo and says what she did upon first meeting a guy? And dropping the F bombs all night and opens up the cocktail party with a dirty joke?

The drunk girl was annoying and she too should have been gone the first night.

Not sure whether the "onion" girl was weird or trying to be funny. Yet all three of these girls lived to annoy another day. Hopefully it was TPTB asking Chris to leave them in for drama instead of him actually thinking they were viable candidates as his wife and mother to his children. Ugh.

Sometimes the cattiness of the women is humorous but I found the first 15 girls standing at the window critiquing the final 15 getting out of the limo really immature. And what was up with that news producer, or whatever she is that also weight trains talking like she wants to beat some of the girls up? Seriously?

I don't know if I'm annoyed at this season already due to the girls being weird or if I'm annoyed that the season was spoiled for me before it started. It's not going to be a challenge to figure out who the F1 is. I'll still watch it though because I like to come here and talk to you gals about it.

On a final note, in watching the previews for the season it has become pretty clear how Chris will go from good ol' boy to creepy at some point. I don't know why these people just don't want to walk away while their good reputation is intact and just live with the perks they already get from being in the Bachelor Nation. Why continue on until your rep is completely destroyed? It is reminiscent of Ben and JP that got themselves involved in some extra-curricular activity with one of the contestants and ruffled many feathers. In this circumstance however it seems pretty clear that it DID actually happen and not just assumption.  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:13 pm

They could have done without the red carpet function.  But then again, the bach folks actually think they are celebrities.  I have to wonder if Chris is setting the stage for Nikki becoming the next bachlorette. Now that would make me gag.   

IDK...from the previews it looks like Chris is making out big time with all the girls and for me that is a real turnoff.  I guess as time goes on we'll see who the real coo coo cocoa puffs are.

rkc...the ending was spoiled for me as well when I was reading another site.  The poster got blasted for it, but I guess what is done, is done.  I like the guessing game but now that I know I'll look for clues along the way with that person.  It was a big disappointment, especially this early in the show.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:17 pm

rkc - I don't think some of those girls came in with a good reputation intact to began with - such as Kaitlyn for one.  Her potty mouth started the minute her feet hit the ground and didn't ease up all night long.  She has got to be one that TPTB want to be carried along for the drama ~ I sure don't see her as wife and mother material.  I wonder what his family was thinking of her.  No
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:47 pm

It was staged like a red carpet movie premier, with all the celebrity stars in attendance.

I agree that CH pressed too hard and long with Nikki.  The man seems obsessed with JP.  Looking for a stick to whip him with - and got no cooperation from her.

Of the girls, I didn't think I'd like Kelsey from her picture.  She looked like a bag of bones.  But I find I did like her personality.  Sad past.  I'll be happier when they weed out the loons and boxing kangaroos.  Do you think the onion girl was drunk or simply strange?

Chris seemed to allow for Tara's condition, stating that she'd had too much to drink.  It occurred to me that he's probably been just as wasted and is familiar with it.  Perhaps not now, but in the past.

I saw a number of girls who seemed like they might be nice but my damned closed caption kept covering up their names when they spoke.  On a show like this, the CC comes in handy because it picks up whispers, etc.

I'm still not crazy about Chris but I'll watch, hoping for the best.  From the previews, it looks like he'll shoot himself in the foot.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:51 pm

http://www.eonline.com/news/611679/the-19-dumbest-fake-jobs-that-have-ever-been-on-the-bachelor

This had me laughing because I've been thinking the same thing about these contestants...
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:07 pm

Rein, I see I'm not the only one that was in the wrong place at the wrong time when someone was spilling the beans.

As boring as that red carpet deal was, what I did find humorous was how the Bach Nation acted while on it. Unfortunately they DO think of themselves as big time celebrities. The whole first half you could see Chris B. hanging around behind CH to make sure he was on camera.

I pray that they don't give the next Bachelorette gig to Nikki. She rubs me the wrong way. After watching her on Couples Therapy it is very clear that she is no better than JP. Everyone in the house pretty much despised her. She was dropping the F bomb more than Kaitlyn does! Everyone on that show was telling real life serious issues and what was her issue? She is basically a little rich girl that got whatever she wanted and she was upset that she couldn't get what she wanted from JP. Poor baby. SMH.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Well now I'm very skeptical of Britt....didn't she say she is a waitress in LA?  That could very well be but she is also an actress (or wannabe actress)?  Here is a link of a short film called Innocent Attraction with starring none other than Britt.   Me thinks she may be on the bach to just get more exposure?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqIEFGRSgRA
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:37 pm

sdreindeer wrote:Well now I'm very skeptical of Britt....didn't she say she is a waitress in LA?  That could very well be but she is also an actress (or wannabe actress)?  Here is a link of a short film called Innocent Attraction with starring none other than Britt.   Me thinks she may be on the bach to just get more exposure?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqIEFGRSgRA
Yep reindeer, I would say she is definitely an actress wannabe unless she changed her mind or something changed it for since that short film was made on March 7, 2012.  That's the third one I've seen short film clips of now, Britt, Jade and Kaitlyn.  The other two were not nice short films at all IMO.  I doubt that any of these three are there to settle down as a wife in Iowa.  No

I think the one that was peeling away the onion is  Crazy.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:24 pm

sdreindeer wrote:Well now I'm very skeptical of Britt....didn't she say she is a waitress in LA?  That could very well be but she is also an actress (or wannabe actress)?  Here is a link of a short film called Innocent Attraction with starring none other than Britt.   Me thinks she may be on the bach to just get more exposure?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqIEFGRSgRA
Yeah, that's what I thought as soon as I heard she was a waitress in LA. That usually means you are coming to California wanting to be discovered and in the mean time you are a waitress hoping a producer will walk in the door to your establishment. So many of them are obviously not there to ultimately end up a farmers wife out in the middle of nowhere. Sean did an interview apparently after the premier of this season and said that the producers choose at least half of the contestants as crazies for drama and you really have only half of them as viable choices. I will take that a step further and say that if about half are crazies and you still have a majority that aren't there for anything other than promoting themselves then you're lucky if you have a couple to choose from. No wonder the odds are so bad.

I get the feeling the onion girl is a plant for crazy acting. When she pulled that thing off the tree and she was talking all stupid, at the end before the camera cut off of her she bent over and started to laugh. She kind of gave herself away on that one. I wonder how they go about trying to talk these contestants into acting the fool?

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:17 am

After I read that Britt was an actress, it put her entire spiel under suspicion.  Was she "acting" the perfect girl?  Hmmm.

rkc, I was trying to figure out the onion girl - whether she was drunk or a loon.  When she pulled off that pomegranate, I gave that it might look like a HUGE yellow onion in the dark and from a distance, even though it was growing on a tree/bush.  It made me think she was a shade past tipsy.

The one thing I appreciated about JP's season is that we didn't have the usual drunken fools.  Now, we're back to it.  That was a VERY long evening for the first 15 girls and I noted they were already drinking in the limo before they arrived.  I wonder if they even make water or juice available to these women.

I can't believe people on the ABC board think Kaitlyn is funny.  And apparently, she was a hit with Chris.  *shudder*

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:25 pm

https://gma.yahoo.com/bachelorette-stars-andi-dorfman-josh-murray-split-221124112--abc-news-celebrities.html

Well, well, well. What was all that put on about at the season premier the other night? Talking about wedding plans and who would be invited and which of her friends would be in it? Obviously the breakup was already in the works but they thought they would still attend the premier together since they were invited and purposely deceive people. He's probably tired of her trying to wear the pants in the relationship. I think we all saw this coming.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:59 am

Personally, I never gave a rat's patootie about Andi or Josh.  When I heard about the breakup, I assumed they had already committed to appear on the red carpet and were strong-armed into being there.  As a plus, she got to show off the design she created on the plane.  The idea that she had to throw it together on short-notice implies they weren't going to attend until told "they had better."  Oh, how far-reaching, the tentacles of the Bach Business.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:35 am

I wasn't at all surprised to hear about this break-up....to me, it was a failure from the get-go, especially after the Nick fiasco.  I can almost guarantee you that we will be seeing Andi still trying to get as much media coverage in whatever her next endeavor is.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bach98133 Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:18 pm

I am not sure if this has been talked about, but Jade just wants to be on TV as implied by this article:

http://okhereisthesituation.com/2014/11/jade-roper-bachelor/

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:53 pm

Good to see you, bach.  Looks like Jade might be a little too ambitious to go back to the farm living she left behind.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:25 am

Okay, so a "friend" of Jade's signed her up to go on The Bachelor. Isn't the point of going through this process is that the producers choose the best candidates for the lead? How in the world do they come to the conclusion that a girl that leaves the small town life in the first place, that poses for Playboy, and someone that has a number of criminal offenses in her past is suitable for "Prince Farming"? It is no wonder this show has been heading for the toilet for years and getting worse. Sometimes I want to slap myself for still watching this show after all this time. In the early days you watched thinking there was going to be some semblance of a possible love story. Any more you watch out of habit and are prepared to see something that resembles a train wreck. It's become an embarrassment. Someone please pull this show for good so we will be forced to pull our eyes away from this mess.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:40 am

singlyme wrote:Personally, I never gave a rat's patootie about Andi or Josh.  When I heard about the breakup, I assumed they had already committed to appear on the red carpet and were strong-armed into being there.  As a plus, she got to show off the design she created on the plane.  The idea that she had to throw it together on short-notice implies they weren't going to attend until told "they had better."  Oh, how far-reaching, the tentacles of the Bach Business.
Yeah, that story about not being able to find anything....NOTHING to wear to the point of sewing a dress on a plane on the way there was a bit far fetched. Before it was even said that she herself had designed that dress she wore I remember thinking that whoever the designer was had missed the mark. I didn't like how it hung and the color to me was atrocious. Obviously that was her quick attempt to plug her new clothing line. I think girlfriend needs to stick to her prior day job. Now Des on the other hand designed her dresses for her stint on The Bachelorette and that girl has some talent. Andi...ehhhh....not so much.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:09 am

rkc1960 wrote:Okay, so a "friend" of Jade's signed her up to go on The Bachelor. Isn't the point of going through this process is that the producers choose the best candidates for the lead? How in the world do they come to the conclusion that a girl that leaves the small town life in the first place, that poses for Playboy, and someone that has a number of criminal offenses in her past is suitable for "Prince Farming"? It is no wonder this show has been heading for the toilet for years and getting worse. Sometimes I want to slap myself for still watching this show after all this time. In the early days you watched thinking there was going to be some semblance of a possible love story. Any more you watch out of habit and are prepared to see something that resembles a train wreck. It's become an embarrassment. Someone please pull this show for good so we will be forced to pull our eyes away from this mess.

rck, everything seems headed for the toilet.  From sensational news stories to these shows and movies.  It's all about breaking down morals and manners.  If you watch a movie, do it without popcorn because someone is going to throw up.  The ability to hurl on demand seems to be becoming a prerequisite to obtaining a role.  Burping, farting, people sitting on toilets, etc.  I'd suspect, like me, you don't need to see that.

This franchise has systematically injected people who need therapy and kept them for dramatic purposes.  Apparently, there are those who enjoy watching the loons fly, but I'm not one of them.

Crazily, Jade's posing for Playboy isn't much worse than some of the stunts they've pulled here.  The posing nude for the animal charity - The stripping the guys did on Andi's season.  Lord knows what risque crap they have in store for this one.  And Chris has his own criminal record (lol).

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top