Bachelor 19 - Episode 4 Discussions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 4 Discussions Empty Bachelor 19 - Episode 4 Discussions

Post by SLA44 Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:03 pm

DetailsCategory: The Bachelor Published: 24 January 2015
Bachelor 19 - Episode 4 Discussions Jan26_the-Bachelor_lead
THE BACHELOR:
PREVIEW FOR MONDAY, JANUARY 26, 2015

ONE BACHELORETTE IS DAZZLED WITH A DATE WORTHY OF CINDERELLA, OTHER WOMEN HARBOR MAJOR SECRETS THAT ARE EXPOSED AND CHRIS GETS SERIOUS ABOUT HIS INTENTIONS WITH THE REMAINING 15 WOMEN, ON “THE BACHELOR”

Chris’ three sisters will pick the lucky bachelorette to go on a special one-on-one date with their brother. A beautiful beach day at Lake Piru in the mountains of Southern California turns up the heat at a group date, as one woman jumps in without her bikini top and – not to be outdone – another takes off her bikini bottom. The day at the lake turns into camping out and spending the night there. One aggressive woman shares some surprising news with Chris, but will it make a difference in how he views her as a potential soul mate? Chris gets “down and dirty” with six bachelorettes as they travel to San Francisco to participate in a grueling mud run – in wedding dresses. The cocktail party leads to more revelations and confrontations, as one woman questions Chris’ motives for being here and he, in return, delivers a blunt message to the rest of the bachelorettes,  on “The Bachelor,” MONDAY, JANUARY 26 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Eight excited women are treated to a wonderful day at the beach at Lake Piru, but no one thinks about cooling off. Instead a red-hot competition breaks out between two women who shed parts of their bikinis to catch Chris’ eye. Chris Harrison springs a surprise on the bachelorettes when he tells them they will set up camp and stay at the lake for the night. Singing campfire songs and eating s’mores are followed by one high-spirited lady getting the group rose date. However, Chris won’t get much sleep. One assertive bachelorette sneaks into his tent in the middle of the night, shares a shocking revelation with him, and then a hot make-out session ensues.

Back at the house, seven women are surprised by Chris’ three sisters. They are all intent on finding their brother a wife and interrogate the bachelorettes to find the one special lady they will pick to go on an extraordinarily romantic date with him. They pick a shy woman, who has been overshadowed by those with big personalities, but little do they know she has a secret she has kept from Chris. The next morning, three stylists turn this fortunate bachelorette into a real-life Cinderella. At night, she is whisked away to a magical ball just for her and her Prince Farming. Chris overwhelms his princess with a private concert by the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra and a special sneak peek at Disney’s new movie “Cinderella.” They waltz until midnight, but will this woman leave with a rose?

It’s off to San Francisco for Chris and six bachelorettes for the last group date. Dressed in wedding gowns, the women have to complete a difficult mud run with the losers going home and the winner spending a romantic night with Chris. Just so happens the winner is a frontrunner in the race for the Bachelor’s heart, and she leaves the other five women in the dust. An amorous mood is set at dinner overlooking the glittering city by the bay, and Chris has a chance to find out about another side of this stunning beauty. Will she capture his heart or leave without a rose?

Anxiety fills the cocktail party, as one of the women wants to make sure that Chris really understood the eye-opening message she delivered at the campsite and another questions him about the type of women who he considers rose-worthy. But one jealous lady has had her fill, and in a dramatic confrontation, accuses the Bachelor of not being there “for the right reasons.” However, Chris takes matters into his own hands and stuns the rest of the remaining bachelorettes with a serious announcement. 

At the end of the evening, 11 women remain in the chase to capture Chris’ heart.

The 15 remaining women are: 

Ashley I., 26, freelance journalist, Wayne, NJ
Ashley S., 24, hair stylist, Brooklyn, NY
Becca, 25, chiropractic assistant, San Diego, CA
Britt, 27, waitress, Hollywood, CA
Carly, 29, cruise ship singer, Arlington, TX
Jade, 28, cosmetics developer, Los Angeles, CA
Jillian, 25, news producer, Washington, D.C.
Juelia, 30, esthetician, Portland, OR
Kaitlyn, 29, dance instructor, Vancouver, BC
Kelsey, 28, guidance counselor, Austin, TX
Mackenzie, 21, dental assistant, Maple Valley, WA
Megan, 23, makeup artist, Nashville, TN
Nikki, 26, former NFL cheerleader, New York City, NY
Samantha, 27, fashion designer, Los Angeles, CA
Whitney, 29, fertility nurse, Chicago, IL

The Bachelor Preview

Hosted by Chris Harrison, “The Bachelor” is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss, Martin Hilton and Alycia Rossiter are the executive producers. “The Bachelor” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 stereo surround sound. This program carries a TV-14,D,L parental guideline.

For more information on “The Bachelor” please visit ABC.com.
Follow us on: Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheBachelor

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-07-57-48/2013-12-06-02-09-55/the-bachelor-news/13176-the-bachelor-preview-for-monday-january-26-2015

Note:  You will have to click on the link to see the preview.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 4 Discussions Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 4 Discussions

Post by Bach98133 Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:19 am

So Ashley I. told Chris she is a virgin and Chris freaked out? (according to tvgrapevine preview)  Hahahahaha.

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 4 Discussions Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 4 Discussions

Post by Guest Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:25 pm

I don't know if this program can go much lower; this race in wedding dresses is really scraping the bottom of the barrel.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:27 am

I guess I missed a few previews.  You know, it's occurred to me that this season is featuring "wounded warriors."  One just lost her father, two are widows with sad stories.  Perhaps next season will feature ex-soldiers who suffer with PTSD or other war injuries.

Let's face it.  They've run "crazy" into the ground, as well as drunken fools.  I suppose exploiting personal tragedy is the logical next step.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Bach98133 Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:12 pm

One more preview before tonight's episode:

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bachelor-preview-jealous-jades-top-date/story?id=28438373

Ashley I., gets frustrated that Jade is going on a princess-themed date and she's not.
"All I want to do is go on a date and dress up like a princess and somebody is (else?) is getting it," she griped. "Nobody in this house would appreciate this specific date more than me."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:48 pm

What a fitting date for Jade - the playboy model wanta be!  This show is really going down the toilet IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:49 pm

Perhaps Ashley I should spend some time thinking why she was not picked for this date.  Hopefully Chris sends her packing tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bach98133 Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:15 pm

There is, of course, more alien talk from Mackenzie (or is it something subliminal?):

Bachelor 19 - Episode 4 Discussions 10624681_10152600601108053_8420245481056702789_n_zpsqvybovnp

Last edited by Bach98133 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:37 am

DetailsCategory: The Bachelor Published: 26 January 2015
abc,
Bachelor 19 - Episode 4 Discussions Jan26_Bachelor_lead_535THE BACHELOR
RECAP FOR JANUARY 26, 2015

Hello, and welcome to The Bachelor on ABC. Before we begin, I want to wish my brother Paul a very happy 27th birthday! I am very proud of the young man you have become and love you very much. 

This episode is Jimmy Kimmel-less, which is disappointing because I thought he was hilarious last week. For those of you keeping track, here are the girls who are left on the show. 

Ashley I., 26, freelance journalist, Wayne, NJ

Ashley S., 24, hair stylist, Brooklyn, NY

Becca, 25, chiropractic assistant, San Diego, CA

Britt, 27, waitress, Hollywood, CA

Carly, 29, cruise ship singer, Arlington, TX

Jade, 28, cosmetics developer, Los Angeles, CA

Jillian, 25, news producer, Washington, D.C.

Juelia, 30, esthetician, Portland, OR

Kaitlyn, 29, dance instructor, Vancouver, BC

Kelsey, 28, guidance counselor, Austin, TX

Mackenzie, 21, dental assistant, Maple Valley, WA

Megan, 23, makeup artist, Nashville, TN

Nikki, 26, former NFL cheerleader, New York City, NY

Samantha, 27, fashion designer, Los Angeles, CA

Whitney, 29, fertility nurse, Chicago, IL

Now back to our dates with Chris the kissing bandit. We have a one on one date  and then two group dates. The one on one will be chosen by Chris's sisters. The girls seem excited, which is cute.

Group date one-8 girls (Kaitlyn, Samantha, Juelia, Mackenzie, Kelsey, Megan, Ashley S., and Ashley I.)

The clue is let’s do what comes naturally, which leads to joking about who can go without makeup. It turns out they are swimming and playing in the water in their bikinis and strip. You know, because I do that on every date I go on. Kelsey says it is a date made for bimbos. 

Kelsey is being a sourpuss and even more so when she finds out they are staying overnight. She also gets stung in her upper inner thigh, which leads to some awkward moments. 

Camping time! He is super into camping, so he wants a girl who feels the same. Sadly, this means he and I would never work because I am allergic to the entire outdoors.

There is a lot of one on one time and the girls feel like they are the luckiest girls in America. Kelsey pouts, but is happy when Chris is around. Didn’t this happen with Tierra in Sean’s season? Why do I remember this? I’ve officially watched this show too long. 

All this date did was make me want marshmallows. The girls are drunk, I’m bored, Ashley I. sneaks into Chris’s tent to tell him she is a virgin (or hint at it) and never had a boyfriend and Kaitlyn gets the rose. 

At the house, the sisters arrive. Jillian is asleep, so when she wakes up, she and her black box (seriously, what the hell is that about? Did she forget to get her Brazilian, is she showing more than appropriate for TV or something else entirely?) Next on Unsolved Mysteries, what is under Jillian’s box? 

The sisters interview the girls and I am bored and tune it out. Jade says she modeled for a website for clothes, but failed to mention she wasn’t wearing any because she was modeling for Playboy. 

One on One-Jade, as chosen by the sisters. 

She says it feels nice to be recognized. She gets a princess makeover and although this isn’t really my thing, I am a bit jealous because it is really cute. The woman with the pink hair reminds me of Frenchie from Grease. 

The date is dinner and dancing. She also gets a rose.  Oh, and we also get a sneak peek at the new Cinderella movie. She over course also gets a few kisses from Chris. That was literally the entire date. There, I’ve saved you all the time of actually watching this boring crap. 

Ashley I. dresses up for no good reason and eats her dinner alone because she is jealous of Jade. Oh, for the love of Channing Tatum! GET OVER IT! 

Group date two-(Whitney, Becca, Britt, Carly, Nikki, and Jillian)
The girls dress in wedding dresses and do a mud obstacle course to raise money for MS. Okay, that part is sweet. The winner gets a one on one with Chris. Jillian wins and gets the one on one.

Jillian has no idea what will happen in five years. Chris actually asks her this. I get it, but still…it sounds more like a job interview question. My mind actually goes to this because she is talking so fast and I tune out. 
There is a comic video here but you will have to click on the link at the bottom to see it.

Chris even tunes out because she is babbling about who the hell cares. I am not being mean, but she goes on and on about a bunch of stuff that it is hard to keep up. He says he is thinking about unicorns and dancing fairies.  He tries to friend zone her and send her home, but she keeps babbling. She is sent home with a hug and her babbling that she hopes she finds love.

At the cocktail party, Chris tells the girls Jillian was sent home in case they didn’t realize it on their own. 

Ashley S. blindfolds Chris and feeds him food and chocolate. I have no clue what that is all about and my mind wanders to this: 
(It wasn't Ashley S. here it was Juelia)
There is a comic video here but you will have to click on the link below to see it.

Ashley I. reminds Chris she is a virgin. He didn’t expect her to say that, but she says she is waiting for the right person. There is nothing wrong with that and I respect that. Chris says it is a good thing and he also respects her. He admires that and says it makes him respect her more. 

As an aside, I LOVE her dress. 

Ashley I. is still worried about the whole coming out about being a virgin business. Don’t worry girl, if he freaks out it is HIS loss, not YOURS.  She tells the other girls, and Becca says that she is also a virgin. Kaitlyn says there are TWO virgins in the house, just in case we can’t count. 
There is also a comic video here as well but have to click on the link below to see it.

Britt interrogates Chris about why Kaitlyn gets roses on all the group dates and it leads to him saying that if the girls don’t feel he is there for the right reasons they can leave. 

Rose ceremony. Jade and Kaitlyn already have roses. Whitney, (Kristin Chenoweth/Heidi Montag sister) Carly (WHO?), Meghan (WHO?),Samantha (Who ARE these girls? Do they just randomly show up for rose ceremonies?) Mackenzie (the mom?) Kelsey (pouter), Becca(second virgin), Ashley I. (Did you know she is a virgin?) and Britt (Queen of Awkward moments) all get roses. 

Nikki, Juelia and Ashley S. are sent home.  Chris feels so bad for Juelia and he walks her outside so they can talk. It reminds me of when Stephanie left Jason’s season. It is a sweet moment and my heart breaks for her. 

Join us next week for more of The Bachelor on ABC. Goodnight. 

Follow me on social media:

Facebook: Sammi-T

Twitter: TVG_Sammi

Instagram: TVG_Sammi

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-07-57-48/2013-12-06-02-09-55/the-bachelor-news/13218-the-bachelor-recap-for-january-26-2015
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:02 am

Is it just me or did the camping date seem juvenile?

And more and more, they're showing Chris is not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to conversation.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:02 am

Singly -- Both group dates were juvenile.  I didn't watch the mud race portion as I thought that was really dumb.

Chris has NO conversation skills at all.  It was embarrassing to watch him.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 pm

With the exception of Jade's date, I thought the whole show was juvenile and embarrassing.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:30 pm

USN wrote:With the exception of Jade's date, I thought the whole show was juvenile and embarrassing.

I agree to a point (mainly because of the low opinion I have of Jade after seeing her nude video) but I think the whole season has been juvenile and embarrassing.  Embarassed  I am really disappointed in this season - it looks to me like Chris is just another TPTB puppet and he is coming off looking really bad IMO.  Ashamed
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:56 pm

Well, in my opinion, what she did in the past, is in the past.  I certainly would not make those choices, and I don't condone them, but she seems to have chosen a different path now, and she seems to have her head on straight, which is more than I can't say about most of the women.  Regardless of her past, I thought her date was the best part of last night's show.

I agree with you, both this season and Chris are a big disappointment.

I hope all is going well with you, SLA.  Have a good one.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:17 pm

If Chris is a puppet, TPTB are probably about ready to "cut his marionette strings."  I suspect they are as disappointed as we are.  Given MF's preference for re-cycling, I don't know who else they could have chosen from Andi's season.  Any opinions?

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:46 pm

Oh my gosh...never know where to begin with this season.

I'm glad the goonie bird, Ashley S. is finally gone. If all that was an act then she is just weird...if it wasn't an act than she needs help...STAT!!!! Have to admit that the only funny part was that clip of her before she left the mansion at the end....whoooo, whoooo, whoooo.

I can understand the first group date because that is things that Chris being from a small town would probably do for fun. The girls however turned it into a big mess. The "virgin" (and I use that term loosely with her) takes her top off and Kaitlyn takes off her bottoms which I would have suspected would have been Jillian. For Kaitlyn being considered a front runner she at times shows little class. Kelsey kind of hit the nail on the head when she said it was a date made for bimbo's. Once again the night includes the liqueur flowing freely....which leads Mackenzie to talk about aliens again. Still not sure why she is still there. Should have known all the hype about Chris and one of the ladies (again, I use that term loosely) getting it on in one of the tents was just edited hype....which leads the subject to Ashley I....(sigh)....that girl has got to go so I don't end up throwing something at my tv screen.

Ashley I. is the last person that ought to be calling someone else fake as in her saying that about Kelsey. This girl can't even go swimming, camping, ANYTHING without a face full of Kardashian makeup. She claims to be a virgin but strips her top off and sucks Chris' face off at every opportunity. You notice she ONCE AGAIN makes out with him and pushes him down like she wants to have sex with him....but yet she isn't fake? And that little princess act has to go. This could be why she has never really had a boyfriend. Men like girlie girls but they don't tend to appreciate "princesses"...they are too high maintenance....and add to that that apparently Ashley teases them and then slams on the breaks. And girlfriend needs to learn that if you have something to say just come right out with it and not beat around the bush and assume someone understood what you were getting at....grow up and speak like an adult.

The Cinderella date was nice. Jade is a bit of a mystery to me. She comes off like a nice girl with the exception of that make out scene on the bed last week. I understand that some girls think it's artistic expression to pose for Playboy, but I guess it isn't my idea of a good idea. My real issue with her however is that criminal rap sheet she has. What in the hell did she do? It just flies in the face of how she portrayed herself on that date last night. Sort of Jekyll and Hyde. I also just heard she has stated she wants to be an actress....well there you have it. Another one of those.

The second group date was just dumb. They seem to be scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Jillian seemed more suited to a gladiator themed reality show then this type. The fact that she got so bugged that Chris asked her where she sees herself in 5 yrs. just proved that she wasn't on there for him anyway. She certainly wasn't looking to settle down in a lonely farm town and have kids. Just glad that her and her blocked out ass is gone now.

As to the cocktail party, that feeding him fruit dipped in chocolate while blind-folded was stupid. These things he ate are very easily identified and I guess she thought it would make her stand out in his mind and what was it she said? He wouldn't be able to stop thinking about her, something to that effect...lol, she's giving herself too much credit. Here comes Ashley I. with the whole virgin thing again. For her telling him it's no big deal she is making an awful big deal about it. Not sure how I feel about Britt questioning him. If she knows Kaitlyn is a front runner than all she is doing is pissing him off. It's not like in previous seasons where the front runner's say something or do something that should make the lead question their reasons for being there....it's just about a girl being a bit over the top in her actions and because Chris gave her a rose regardless of this, then Britt is afraid that she is losing ground with him. If I thought a guy I was interested in was drawn to girls that come off as sleezy than I'd be running the other way and not bothering to find out what that was all about. He should have just came out and spoke his mind but his stammering didn't help his case. It was clear he was angry at being questioned but said he'd handle it like a man....and he gave her a rose anyway. Yep, that's a man for you.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:48 am

rkc, I enjoyed your recap and your sentiments.  I, too, was ready to throw something at Ashley.  Good God, we get it!  You're a VIRGIN!!!  And it's a wonder you haven't been raped because of your teasing.

The more I think about Kaitlyn....  You know, I'm thinking that while she may be "earthy" (for lack of a better word), she may be the only girl who's being herself.  No pretense, no fake loftiness or love affair with makeup.  Obviously, no problem with expressing herself in no uncertain terms.

And LOL at the gladiator description.  I found myself wondering if Jillian went on and on about fitness at their dinner because Chris couldn't come up with any conversation.  However.... he should have had something to add to the convo because he's been working out with what's-his-face from Andy's season.  Again, the edit.  Regardless, I couldn't stand her and her muscles, so I'm glad she's gone.  A happy farewell to Ashley S, too.

It puzzles me that someone Chris' age could be happy on such juvenile group dates.  TPTB seem to be targeting to the teen generation this season.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:24 am

I believe the targeted demographic for this program is women between 18 and 34.  If so, the group dates fit perfectly with the lower end of this age group.  If nothing else, and not in defense of TPTB, they must run out of ideas after a while.....and one day they will be completely out of ideas and hang this whole thing up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top