View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 2 Discussions Empty Bachelor 19 - Episode 2 Discussions

Post by SLA44 Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:14 pm

Use this thread to discuss Episode 2.  Popcorn
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 2 Discussions Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 2 Discussions

Post by singlyme Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:45 am

Megan seemed sweet and sincere during their Grand Canyon visit. Time will tell if that's the case. lol.

I liked Mackenzie until the date. She seems quite juvenile in her conversation. Then again, I got the idea Chris wasn't injecting much into that conversation.

I'm surprised by how awkward he appears to be in interacting with the girls, as if he has stage fright. But he's super ready in moving in for the kiss(es).

Ashley S.? Is this girl acting or on some acid trip? She's portraying someone who's hallucinating. Are we in a dome? An angel in the candle. An onion? No one in his right mind would keep her after watching her with that paintball gun. Shades of Norman Bates' shower scene. I can only suppose the producers wanted her.

When Virgin Ashley presented her belly button, I assumed she's one big tease. I seriously thought she was going to eat his face when she kissed him. It was reminiscent of a horror movie where the shape-shifter drains one's life force.

I hope the coming weeks feature more girls who are of sound mind and have the maturity to conduct themselves well. I don't know if I'm just tired of the loons, or if the show has become this stale because of the formula.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 2 Discussions Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 2 Discussions

Post by Guest Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:46 am

Once the second group date started, I was "done" with last night's episode.  It was so fake I could not stand it and turned off the TV.
I didn't think much of the first group date either, to be honest.

Not sure this franchise is going to last much longer....JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:03 am

Singly, it sounds like you watched last nights show with the same mind-set as I did. LOL.

Megan seemed okay on the date but I can't help but think back to earlier in the show when she snuck into his place with the girl with the bikini bottom that apparently didn't cover anything that they had to block out the whole time. She puts his helmet on and bangs her head against everything and then when the date card comes she thinks it's a love note? I'm just wondering what all that was about. Was she drunk during all of that? Maybe. The drunkenness this season is becoming a little annoying to watch.

Mackenzie I think is a little young for Chris. I commend her for having her son at such a young age but as you said, Singly she came off as juvenile during her conversations....at least the parts we saw. And when she recounted her date with Chris to the other women later it seemed a bit teenagerish to give out every detail and recount how many times he kissed her.

I'm having a bit of a problem wrapping my head around Ashley I. and that she's a virgin at 26. I do know people that saved themselves until they got married but I think she is a bit overly flirty to try to comprehend this fact, if it's true. That part about him having to rub her belly ring to make his wish come true was a sexual come-on. And when she kissed him...holy crap...you get where I'm going with this. I can't remember whether she said later that she never had a boyfriend or that she has never been on a date. I'm thinking if she has never had a boyfriend maybe it is because she teases them to the brink and then turns them down and moves on to the next so sex isn't involved. I'm just having a hard time figuring her out and what her game is.

This weeks drunkard at the rose ceremony, Jordan was worse than Tara the week before....if that's possible. I understand that there is a lot of alcohol at these parties but everyone has to be able to control their intake. If you start to feel overly tipsy than it's time to back off of it a bit. They have to be responsible for themselves and can't blame the show in that there is all of this alcohol available. I'm sure they have other things to drink. Jordan was drunk during the daytime too. That PI she did about Jillian and her "hairy ass" was pretty disgusting and her drunken slurring during it was over the top. Why did they find it necessary to leave that in the show? Why didn't that end up on the cutting room floor? They may have thought it was funny because she was so drunk but to embarrass Jillian in that way was appalling. Girlfriend couldn't even bother to run a comb through her hair before the rose ceremony because she was so out of it.

I have always suspected that the leads were prompted to leave some of these whack jobs in but it was proven last night when Chris gave Ashley a rose at the ceremony. There is no way that he gave her a rose without being coerced into it. I can't help but think it is an act and if so how much was she offered to play it to the hilt? If it isn't an act then she is under the influence of something and the producers need to be held accountable for putting someone on there that could be a danger to others and to themselves.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm kind of getting grossed out by all of the massive amounts of spit swapping going on. These girls are going around telling each other that they got kissed by Chris like it is a novelty. Really? It was apparently just their turn I guess. Be a little choosey for goodness sake. But we all knew that Chris choosing to be the lead would bite him in the ass eventually. Stay tuned...from the season preview I'm sure there's more to come.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:19 pm

You said it, rkc.  I'm wondering if perhaps this might be the last season and they're shooting for the moon with all the weirdity (my own word -lol) and outrageous actions.  Too darned many drunks.  You're right.  That footage of Jordan talking about Jillian's hair should have been omitted.  Humiliating.

I was somewhat confused by the behavior of Megan in the helmet.  I was mixing her up with Ashley S and thought they were the same person.  Two blonde look-alike nut-jobs on the same show?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:22 am

I believe someone mentioned "The Taste" in an earlier thread.  I watch this, too.  Do you think you could handle being on Team Ludo?  I think if he started brow-beating me the way he does his team, I'd end up bopping him with a ladle.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:37 pm

DetailsCategory: The Bachelor Published: 12 January 2015
Chris_Soules,
Bachelor 19 - Episode 2 Discussions Jan12_bachelor_lead
THE BACHELOR
RECAP FOR JANUARY 12, 2015

Hello, and welcome to The Bachelor on ABC. When we last left our farmer and his ladies, Kimberly demanded a second chance after being eliminated. What will happen next? We were about to find out! 

Chris decides to take Kimberly back and then we move on to the dates. There is of course drama involving this change of events, but is anyone really surprised?

The first group date consists of Jade, Tandra, Ashley, McKenzie, Kimberly, and Tara. The clue is Show me your country. Of course, the girls are still pissed off that Kimberly is back and on the first date. I would probably be upset too, but I’d get over it quickly and focus on being there for the right reasons. 

Basically, all you need to know about this date is there is a pool party, the girls are in bikinis, Jillian and McKenzie act nosy and they race tractors. Oh, and after spending one on one time with each of the girls, he decides McKenzie gets a one on one date, despite the fact that Ashley I. won the tractor race. McKenzie of course gets the rose….and they make out.

At the house, Juelia talks about her husband’s suicide and daughter Ireland. My heart breaks for her because I cannot even begin to imagine that kind of pain. 

The one on one date of the night goes to Meghan. They tour the Grand Canyon via helicopter and have a picnic. She talks about how her father died from a massive heart attack before she came on the show. Again, my heart just breaks. She gets a rose and kisses. That was seriously the whole date. 

The second group date has Kelsey, Trina, Alissa, Tracy, Jillian, Becca, Amber, Ashley S., Juelia, Kaitlyn and Britt with the clue ’Til death do us part. In reality, is a zombie attack. That’s a new one for this show. I actually think stuff like this is completely overdone and overrated, so I kind of zone out, but it is hilarious to see them run and scream like Shawn and Gus on Psych. Ladies, you should all know this is fake. How Chris finds this sexy is beyond me. How I am doing this without wine or some kind of adult beverage is further beyond me. Picture laser tag and Walking Dead with creepy Unsolved Mysteries music and you pretty much have this date. Moving on….

He mingles with the girls and I just roll my eyes because they all act so  desperate. Ashley S. is being drunk and crazy.  He gives Britt a free kiss card (my eyes are rolling so hard they are almost out of my skull) and then he gives Kaitlyn the rose. 

At the house Jordan  is drunk and twerking. Is she Miley’s sister? 

Cocktail party time! Whitney gives him a bottle of whiskey and they toast to what’s to come.

Some random chick is running in the background. Ashley I. admits she is a virgin and McKenzie says she is jealous and wishes she had that. I feel like they are making it into a joke, which is pretty sleazy. Leave the girl alone, maybe she has her personal reasons for it and it is none of your business! Maybe she only said something because she wanted advice.

Ashley I. decides to make out with Chris instead of telling him about it. (Also, WTF was the three wishes on her belly button ring? If I said that to someone then they’d probably have me committed.) McKenzie is still harping on Ashley I’s virginity and Britt is jealous because she thinks Chris is her boyfriend. 

Jordan is drunk again. Trina says bless her heart, but she worries about her and her drinking.  She interrupts Chris with one of the girls and acts so crazy I feel secondhand embarrassment. Holy cow, she is….I have no freaking words. I just can’t…..

Rose ceremony time! McKenzie, Meghan and Kaitlyn all have roses already. Britt, Ashley I, Trina, Kelsey, Samantha, Juelia (Jillian thinks it is her and not only goes to get the rose, but trips on the run and falls on her ass) Amber, Tracy, Jillian, (who doesn’t fall this time), Jade, Nikki, Becca, Carly, Whitney and with one rose left….Ashley S. all get roses. 

Kimberly says being eliminated again was brutal. 

Alissa, Tandra, Jordan and Tara are also eliminated. My heart breaks for Tara because I know what it is like to be rejected like that….so many times over. I don’t agree with her behavior on the first night, but I do understand how hard it is to find love. 

Join us next week when Jimmy Kimmel joins the fun. Goodnight!

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-07-57-48/2013-12-06-02-09-55/the-bachelor-news/12983-the-bachelor-recap-for-january-12-2015
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:04 pm

singlyme wrote:I believe someone mentioned "The Taste" in an earlier thread.  I watch this, too.  Do you think you could handle being on Team Ludo?  I think if he started brow-beating me the way he does his team, I'd end up bopping him with a ladle.
Yeah, Singly...that was me. Since we're near the end of this season I'm thinking we should start a thread when the next season begins. I don't generally watch cooking shows but this one intrigues me. I don't think I would be able to work in Ludo's kitchen either. He may be a famous cook but I wouldn't be able to deal with his aggression. Forget a ladle, I'd pick up a cast iron fry pan and smack him in the head with it. lol
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Can you imagine working in one of his restaurants???

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:48 pm

You'd have to pay me a kings ransom to work for him!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top