View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 3 Discussions Empty Bachelor 19 - Episode 3 Discussions

Post by SLA44 Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:40 pm

DetailsCategory: The Bachelor Published: 15 January 2015
jimmy kimmel,
Bachelor 19 - Episode 3 Discussions Bachelor_jimmy_kimmel

THE BACHELOR: JIMMY KIMMEL TAKES OVER!

Monday at 8/7c on ABC

JIMMY KIMMEL GUEST HOSTS AND ATTEMPTS TO GUIDE CHRIS’ SEARCH FOR LOVE IN HIS OWN UNIQUE WAY, ON “THE BACHELOR.”

Jimmy Kimmel surprises Bachelor Chris and the 18 remaining women by taking over the show as guest host for this episode. A long-time avid fan of the franchise, he informs them that he is there to help Chris on his journey to find a wife to bring home to Arlington, Iowa. He introduces the bachelorettes to his “Amazing Jar,” plans dates and winds up in a hot tub – all in the name of love, on “The Bachelor,” MONDAY, JANUARY 19 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Jimmy fools Chris and Kaitlyn into believing that they will be going to a high-end members only club for their date. Little do they know, that is not exactly what Jimmy has planned. Later, Jimmy crashes an intimate dinner at the Bachelor’s pad, where the couple is grilling some steaks. But will Jimmy amp up the romance and help Chris decide if this lucky lady really deserves a rose?

Next, Jimmy and Chris take 12 stunning bachelorettes to compete in a farm-themed relay race to see if they can handle being a farmer’s wife. Included in the grueling gauntlet of farming duties are milking a goat, shoveling manure and wrestling a greased pig. To everyone’s surprise, an underdog beats out a brash woman in top physical shape. Things heat up at the after party when one inebriated bachelorette confronts Chris about the number of women he is kissing. But in the end, one dignified and self-possessed charmer wins the group date rose.

Chris and Whitney are sharing a wonderfully romantic day in beautiful wine country when they 
stumble upon a wedding in progress and spontaneously decide to crash it. Posing as friends of the bride, the daring couple dance and mingle with the unsuspecting wedding guests. But will Whitney get a rose or will their ruse be discovered and get them kicked out? 

The day of the cocktail party, Jimmy returns with one last surprise for the women. It’s fun and games until single mom Juelia shares her tragic story with Chris and the traumatic event that changed her life and that of her daughter. Later, one woman has an epic meltdown as the race to capture Chris’ attention and affection intensifies.

Chris must make some tough decisions and 15 women remain to try and become his soul mate.

The 18 remaining women are: 

Amber, 29, bartender, Chicago, IL
Ashley I., 26, freelance journalist, Wayne, NJ
Ashley S., 24, hair stylist, Brooklyn, NY
Becca, 25, chiropractic assistant, San Diego, CA
Britt, 27, waitress, Hollywood, CA
Carly, 29, cruise ship singer, Arlington, TX
Jade, 28, cosmetics developer, Los Angeles, CA
Jillian, 25, news producer, Washington, D.C.
Juelia, 30, esthetician, Portland, OR
Kaitlyn, 29, dance instructor, Vancouver, BC
Kelsey, 28, guidance counselor, Austin, TX
Mackenzie, 21, dental assistant, Maple Valley, WA
Megan, 23, makeup artist, Nashville, TN
Nikki, 26, former NFL cheerleader, New York City, NY
Samantha, 27, fashion designer, Los Angeles, CA
Tracy, 29, fourth grade teacher, Wellington, FL
Trina, 33, special education teacher, San Clemente, CA
Whitney, 29, fertility nurse, Chicago, IL

Hosted by Chris Harrison, “The Bachelor” is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss, Martin Hilton and Alycia Rossiter are the executive producers. “The Bachelor” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 stereo surround sound. This program carries a TV-14,D,L parental guideline.

The Bachelor Preview

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-07-57-48/2013-12-06-02-09-55/the-bachelor-news/13027-the-bachelor-jimmy-kimmel-takes-over

Note:  You will have to click on the link to see the preview.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 3 Discussions Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 3 Discussions

Post by singlyme Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:04 am

I'm not really sure what to make of last night's episode.   Economy class??  The race with the farm animals was amusing.  The date with Kaitlyn to Costco was WTH???  All that ketchup?  I wonder how much alone time they had after Jimmy left them.

I know it's early, but there really seemed to be some sparks with Whitney.  He seemed truly taken with her.  But, as I said, it's early.  Again, economy class.  Free food, drinks, and dancing.

I'm finding Jillian too much a force to be reckoned with, pushy.  And what's the deal with that bar over her butt?  I keep remembering Jordan's drunken blather about all her hair.  Seriously?  Could it really be the reason?  Yew.

Ashley S. is still there?  That woman has a really strange look in her eyes.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 3 Discussions Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 3 Discussions

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:13 am

The best part of the whole episode was the outtake of Jimmy Kimmel in the limousine on the way home.  Too bad he won't be around more to bring some levity to this dull season.  JMHO.

Was also surprised about all the talk of the "future" from Whitney and Chris.  I wonder if this is a smoke screen of some sort.....

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:43 pm

There is so much I am biting my nails not to comment on, things I am noticing since I know who is the F1 thanks to that idiot writer, but I will refrain because I don't want to give anything away.

Jimmy Kimmel did add some humor which broke up some of the monotony this week. The Costco date was a bit weird but Jimmy kept it lively. Kaitlyn seems to like to laugh a lot which Chris seems to like but I still can't get past her trucker language. At least from what we saw this week it wasn't as bad.

The group date was humorous at times. I'm just glad someone beat Jillian. I'm not liking that girl. I understand she works out a lot and therefore obviously loves her butt, but does she have to show it off so much that it is making the other girls uncomfortable and it is having to be blocked out in everything she wears? And considering what was said about her hairy ass last week I am surprised she is wanting to show it off so much. I am assuming that it is probably her in the previews that drops her bottoms and jumps in the water..... such low class.

Liked the one on one date with Whitney. They seemed to connect. The only thing that drives me crazy about her is her voice. I'm trying hard to overlook it. lol

Still surprised Ashley S. is there. Did you notice that during the daytime she seems to be lucid but at night she seems so out of sorts? IS it an act or is she taking something that whacks her out?

Was it me or when Chris and Jade were laying on his bed making out, was her right boob pretty much completely out of her bikini top? I know she has modeled for playboy and must be used to it, but I don't want to see that!

On to Ashley I. I'm sorry but I am still not convinced that she is a virgin. Once again when pulling Chris in for a kiss...literally...she tries to pull him on top of her like she is wanting to have sex with him. It was bad enough the first time at the cocktail party but did girlfriend even remember that this time they were on the ledge of an upstairs balcony where Chris had to grab something so they didn't fall off? She is either lying or she is a real d*ck tease. And her whining about them having a pool party instead of a cocktail party because she was upset she couldn't put her Kardashian look on? Seriously, she actually TRIES to look like a Kardashian? I was hoping she was one of the ones going home at the end but had already figured the three that were most definitely going home. Hopefully she won't last much longer.

This kissing everyone is really getting monotonous. I liked that Becca stood her ground with him and told him she wanted to kiss him but was not wanting too until she was ready. I can respect that.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:21 pm

LMAO at Ashley pulling Chris over the ledge!

rkc, I was so intrigued with Whitney, her voice didn't bother me.

I'm liking this "down home" kind of season.  The farm race was fun, and I've been one to bash the rappelling, etc., so it's been nice to see them date the way they normally would.  No reserved concert halls and such.

Last edited by singlyme on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:34 pm

DetailsCategory: The Bachelor Published: 19 January 2015
jimmy kimmel, Chris Soules, Chris Harrison,
Bachelor 19 - Episode 3 Discussions Jan19_bachelor_recap_leadTHE BACHELOR
RECAP FOR JANUARY 19, 2015

Hello, and welcome to The Bachelor on ABC. When we last left our farmer and his ladies, several girls, including the loopy Jordan, were eliminated and as always, there was a lot of tears and drama. Tonight, Jimmy Kimmel joins the show to offer his opinions and knowing him, this can end up being interesting. (I just wish Guillermo was also there to join the fun!)  

The episode opens with Jimmy Kimmel waking Farmer Chris up. . He meets the girls and calls them sister wives. He also makes farmer jokes and says he will help him out by making love to each one of them. I am dying!

He will be helping plan dates and also has  an Amazing Jar, where they have to add a dollar every time the over used A word is used.

Kaitlyn gets the first one on one with a long clue about clubs and hors’ devorves. They end up in Costco’s. 
The date consists of buying enough ketchup to fill a hot tub, food for dinner, tables, chairs and a bunch of other random stuff. Honestly? This is the most realistic date they have had on the show since Emily made Ryan bake cookies. It is actually fun. The best part is the n being rolled around by some random little kids. 

When they get home, they say little things like this are important and enjoy each other’s company. They make out. Jimmy Kimmel crashes their date and they start to grill some steaks. As they eat, Jimmy talks about the Fantasy Suite and how much sex Chris should have with the women on the show. He also suggests a threesome. 

Kaitlyn gets a rose and makes out with Chris some more. Jimmy watches while eating chicken wings in the hot tub. 

We get a random segment on Kelsey commenting on how much Jillian works out.

Group date: This will bring their farm skills to the test. It includes drinking cow milk, shoveling manure, running in a chicken pen and other such tasks that make me check my TV and make sure I am not actually watching Simple Life in 2004. The girls on this date include, Kelsey, Jillian, Samantha, MacKenzie, Carly, Becca, Britt, Juelia and I miss the other couple of girls because they barely make  peep throughout the whole date. 

It is hilarious to watch and I am laughing too hard to really say anything else. The highlight is Jillian jumping the fence and flashing her ass and Carly winning. They do a farmer photo shoot with Jimmy. He is also chaperoning this date, which is pretty hilarious. 

The night continues with a cocktail party. You guessed it, this consists of mingling, confessions and making out. 

Carly says he is a man, she is a woman and she is going to take advantage of that and make out with him. 

Chris also makes out with the other girls and MacKenzie confronts him about it. This makes him uncomfortable and he defends his actions. 

Whitney gets the next one on one.  They enjoy a wine picnic and some chit chat about their lives. They also crash a wedding pretending to be an engaged couple. All righty, then! I am sure if I suggest this to, um, any guy he would think I was off my rocker and probably want to get as far away from me as possible. Actually, if I acted like ANY of these girls it wouldn’t go over well in real life. I am actually curious to see if guys are attracted to girls like this and am trying to convince my friends to watch this with me to see what they think. 

The date is boring. They dance, kiss and mingle. She also gets a rose.

Jimmy and Chris shower together. There is a pool party instead of the cocktail party. 

The girls put on full makeup….for a POOL PARTY. This is so logical….said no one ever. The girls go crazy over his shirtless body and half their tushies are blurred out because they are wearing thongs. OMG in heaven. 

Juelia talks about losing her husband to suicide and Chris is actually very sweet to her. He seems genuinely upset about it. I can’t even recap this because my heart is so broken for this poor girl. I just can’t even imagine this pain and what she was going through. Please, for all that is holy, if you EVER feel like this and you want to end your life….PLEASE get help. Today may feel horrible, but things ALWAYS get better, I promise. It breaks my heart to know people feel like ending it all is the answer. Things always get better, never feel afraid to talk to someone and ask for help. 

The rest of the party s mingling and make out session after make out session. The only notable part is him and Ashley I. aka the Kardashian lookalike almost falling off the roof while making out.

Rose ceremony: Kaitlyn, Becca and Whitney all have roses. Jade, Samantha, Juelia, MacKenzie, Kelsey, Britt, Meghan (WHO?), Carly, Ashley S, Nikki (again, WHO?), Jillian and in the final rose of the night, Ashley I. all get roses.

Tracy, Trina and Amber are all sent home…..whoever they are. I feel like half these girls show up for the rose ceremony because they barely get any air time. 

The ending with Jimmy crying in the limo has me laughing so hard I think I may pass out. I love him! Jimmy Kimmel, if I had a rose, you would so get it!

Join us next week for more of The Bachelor on ABC. Goodnight. 

Follow me on social media:

Follow me on social media:

Facebook: Sammi-T

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-07-57-48/2013-12-06-02-09-55/the-bachelor-news/13084-the-bachelor-recap-for-january-19-2015

Twitter: TVG_Sammi
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:51 am

http://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Desiree-Hartsock-Wedding-Pictures

Just wondering if any of you saw these pics of Desiree and Chris' wedding. Hope this link works. I love that it was a private affair and not a televised one....even though it may have been if it had been offered. Her wedding gown is so gorgeous and unique. So is the dress she changed into later. I knew she would look stunning in whatever she helped design for herself. Andi Dorfman does not have the style to pull off being a clothes designer if her dress at Chris' premier was any indication.

Okay....just checked and this link does not take you right to the pics. It takes you to Popsugar and just click on the Celebrities link and scroll down until you find the link to their pics and click on it.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:24 pm

http://www.inquisitr.com/1774577/andi-dorfman-was-too-dominant-for-josh-murray-he-wanted-out-of-engagement-to-bachelorette/

Sorry, just throwing these links in here so people will see them even though they don't pertain to Chris Soules. Hope this link works unlike the other one. Even though it's a "source" they're quoting something tells me in this case that it's the truth. After all, didn't we all predict that it wouldn't last due to Andi's domineering ways?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Bach98133 Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:02 am

I wonder if a woman has to be submissive to a man in order for a relationship to work.  Personally I prefer a strong woman.  Because life can be hard and I want a woman who can defend the family during difficult times and take care of things.  I don't care if she is the dominate one in the relationship as long as she is submissive in bed.   Very Happy

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:11 am

rkc1960 wrote:http://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Desiree-Hartsock-Wedding-Pictures

Just wondering if any of you saw these pics of Desiree and Chris' wedding. Hope this link works. I love that it was a private affair and not a televised one....even though it may have been if it had been offered. Her wedding gown is so gorgeous and unique. So is the dress she changed into later. I knew she would look stunning in whatever she helped design for herself. Andi Dorfman does not have the style to pull off being a clothes designer if her dress at Chris' premier was any indication.

Okay....just checked and this link does not take you right to the pics. It takes you to Popsugar and just click on the Celebrities link and scroll down until you find the link to their pics and click on it.
I saw the pictures and I thought both dresses were unique and absolutely beautiful.   I would have loved to have seen this televised because they have been my favorite and most down to earth couple to come out of this show.  Wonder if they would have taken up the offer if ABC had made it.  I had read that ABC did not offer it to them because they are too "boring"....makes me laugh that the franchise considers a couple boring when they choose to go back to their real lives and stay out of the limelight.  Regardless, they are a lovely couple and looks like they had a beautiful wedding.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:28 pm

OMG!  I cannot wait for the Xfinity banner to die!  It places itself over whatever I want to enter and I have to dodge it everytime I log on.

Anyway....I agree that Chris and Des are a lovely couple - much easier to view than Sean and Catherine.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Bach98133 Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:29 am

There shouldn't be any banners covering anything.  You can try to use Google Chrome as the browser and install the adblock plugin for Chrome.  That might eliminate the problem.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:58 pm

Bach98133 wrote:I wonder if a woman has to be submissive to a man in order for a relationship to work.  Personally I prefer a strong woman.  Because life can be hard and I want a woman who can defend the family during difficult times and take care of things.  I don't care if she is the dominate one in the relationship as long as she is submissive in bed.   Very Happy
I really don't think it was a matter of her being a strong woman. I know many strong women including myself and my man likes that I'm not a quiet little church mouse Wink  Andi however seems like the kind of woman that would be emasculating to a man and most men would run far and fast from that.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:30 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:http://www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Desiree-Hartsock-Wedding-Pictures

I saw the pictures and I thought both dresses were unique and absolutely beautiful.   I would have loved to have seen this televised because they have been my favorite and most down to earth couple to come out of this show.  Wonder if they would have taken up the offer if ABC had made it.  I had read that ABC did not offer it to them because they are too "boring"....makes me laugh that the franchise considers a couple boring when they choose to go back to their real lives and stay out of the limelight.  Regardless, they are a lovely couple and looks like they had a beautiful wedding.
I've heard two different versions of why ABC didn't televise the wedding...this link is the version you heard Rein where a "source" was quoted as saying Des is too boring so ABC passed but they were leaving their options open if Andi and Josh had worked out. It goes on to say that Des was pissed that they were not offering to pay for it or televise it.

http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/30894/20141112/the-bachelorette-2013-desiree-hartsock-and-chris-siegfried-s-wedding-won-t-be-televised-or-payed-for-they-re-not-worth-it.htm

The other version was CH saying that they came very close to a deal with Des and Chris and it just didn't work out. He claims it was not a snub in any way. Chris Siegfriend however said it was all about ratings. He also went on to say that
because the show’s ratings have taken a hit in recent years, it's not cost effective for them.

http://www.examiner.com/article/chris-harrison-explains-why-desiree-hartsock-wedding-wasn-t-televised

I would have a tendency to believe Chris Siegfried's version because he would have no reason to lie about what was said to them. CH on the other hand wouldn't want anyone to know that the shows ratings have been slipping. I think Chris Soules (good God, everyone's name is Chris. lol) season has reflected ABC's need to cut back on expenses because all the filming is local until the end...not a bunch of extravagant locations or dates. This could also explain why this season has even gotten weirder than it's previous seasons....if that is possible. Desperate times call for desperate measures.  

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:20 am

It's true that, thus far, this season is rather bland and lackluster.  For me, not such a bad thing.  It lets me relax - Sleep .  I don't really enjoy watching people show their asses, literally or figuratively.  But I guess for the rest of the public, a little wholesome goes a long way.

Since Jimmy Kimmel is such a fan of the show, I wonder if he did this gig for free just to get an inside experience on how it works.  There may, indeed, be financial issues.  The ABC board has been screwy and nearly impossible to sign into - with no fix in sight.

Personally, I find the "normal" approach refreshing but can't warm up to Chris.  I have this inner sense that he has a mean streak.  And it bugs the crap out of me that his upper lip disappears when he smiles.  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:25 am

Bach98133 wrote:There shouldn't be any banners covering anything.  You can try to use Google Chrome as the browser and install the adblock plugin for Chrome.  That might eliminate the problem.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/adblock/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom?hl=en

I avoid Google.  Information gatherers, data on everyone.

The floating banner is gone.   .....scratch that.  It flashed when I hit "send."

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top