The Team Valentay Thread (Tamar and Val)

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Team Valentay Thread (Tamar and Val) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Team Valentay Thread (Tamar and Val)

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Aww, Tamar, one step up the ladder, two steps back. Val was stammering trying to explain that effort and I really wish Tamar hadn't verbalized her conviction of being the best dancer in the competition.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Team Valentay Thread (Tamar and Val) - Page 4 Empty Re: The Team Valentay Thread (Tamar and Val)

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Lesallee wrote:Aww, Tamar, one step up the ladder, two steps back. Val was stammering trying to explain that effort and I really wish Tamar hadn't verbalized her conviction of being the best dancer in the competition.
I agree.  That rehearsal package did not help her.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:26 pm

Tamar, Tamar, Tamar! Did you REALLY have to say that? Val, you have some damage control to do.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:32 pm

It seems that Tamar has taken things to Twitter and is criticizing the producer.  Not sure if that is a good move...
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:49 pm

I think Julianne tried to help take the ugly factor out of the brash comments by publicly approving of her confident mindset.  Goodness knows, Julianne has been in that awkward place before of having said something that came out all wrong.

But...the media has picked up on it.  "Tamar Braxton claims she is the best dancer" screams the new headlines. 

I don't think this will play well with the average voter, nor will her facial expressions when she was in jeopardy hell.  Some, of course, will probably love it. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:07 am

I forgive her because I like her dancing so much.  I think she can get away with it.  Someone else might not be able to. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:57 am

Glittersisgld wrote:I forgive her because I like her dancing so much.  I think she can get away with it.  Someone else might not be able to. 
 I think she tried to backtrack that remark .after the votes ,knowing it was a mistake!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by prattle Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:59 pm

Tamar seemed a bit squeamish when she proclaimed herself to be the best dancer.  When she said it, with her hesitation and her facial expression, I felt like she really didn't want to make that statement.  IMO it was like she was being pushed to make the comment.  I do believe the remark will push her towards elimination.  Too bad, I enjoy her dancing.
prattle
prattle

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:34 pm

I agree it was a leading question, almost like designed to make her look bad. But: Tamar trying to be America's sweetheart would make me cringe. She's ironic (a lot of people don't seem to get that), a little arrogant, authentic, and hot as hell.
Alek got help from Artem this week. Val,you may need advice from Maks. This
is more woman than you ever had to handle. Smooches won't work this time. She thinks she's the best dancer? Kick her butt and make her prove it. It's there.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:41 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I agree it was a leading question, almost like designed to make her look bad. But: Tamar trying to be America's sweetheart would make me cringe. She's ironic (a lot of people don't seem to get that), a little arrogant, authentic, and hot as hell.
Alek got help from Artem this week. Val,you may need advice from Maks. This
is more woman than you ever had to handle. Smooches won't work this time. She thinks she's the best dancer? Kick her butt and make her prove it. It's there.

I saw Zendaya's interview on All Access, and she said that she loves Tamar because Tamar gives Val "sass" while she herself felt too young to do that even when she felt like doing it.  I guess that's part of the "more woman than you have ever had to handle"?

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:48 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I agree it was a leading question, almost like designed to make her look bad. But: Tamar trying to be America's sweetheart would make me cringe. She's ironic (a lot of people don't seem to get that), a little arrogant, authentic, and hot as hell.
Alek got help from Artem this week. Val,you may need advice from Maks. This is more woman than you ever had to handle. Smooches won't work this time. She thinks she's the best dancer? Kick her butt and make her prove it. It's there.

Very good points!.....especially about Tamar trying to be Americas sweetheart!
 I did get  giggle out of Bindi's trash talk...she was trying to get the attitude down LoL!!!..'to thine own self be true'!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:02 pm

Good job Tamar, you showed them what you are made of. And won your dance off too. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:06 pm

The paso is definitely her dance.  Very powerful performance!
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:27 pm

Lesallee wrote:Good job Tamar, you showed them what you are made of. And won your dance off too. 
Actually Alexa got the 2 points and I'm not sure why. 

Great Paso Tamar...you keep getting better and better!!  Great job Val speaking up for your partner!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:33 pm

Lesallee wrote:Good job Tamar, you showed them what you are made of. And won your dance off too. 

I think she lost the dance-off to Alexa, Lesallee.  But I don't know how they figured that, unless they felt that America's vote was worth more than any vote from a single judge.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:01 pm

Psychee22 wrote:

I think she lost the dance-off to Alexa, Lesallee.  But I don't know how they figured that, unless they felt that America's vote was worth more than any vote from a single judge.

Yeah, I guess it was America's vote that tipped the balance. I agree with the judges, really, Tamar was just that smidgeon better than Alexa.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:53 am

America's vote must have been a tie breaker. That gave a lot of "weight" to the viewer votes for the dance off.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:33 am

luvthepros wrote:America's vote must have been a tie breaker. That gave a lot of "weight" to the viewer votes for the dance off.
Too much weight, I believe, luv. And only select people could vote so it truly wasn't representative of majority opinion. Another gimmick DWTS should scrap.  Soapbox
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:00 pm

It seems like the viewer vote was the "tie-breaker," so to speak, among the judges?  Rather than designating someone as head judge to replace Len (who used to be the tie-breaker vote in the past), if the judges agreed on a winner (Carlos over Bindi), then the viewer vote was somewhat interesting to know but didn't count for anything.  When the judges were split (Alexa -1; Tamar - 2), then the viewer vote (Alexa over Tamar) carried the day.  I'm not sure it was terribly fair, but a lot of things they do aren't necessarily fair.  I think they do them just because they can.

Tamar should, imho anyway, be one of the 3 finalists.  But I worry each week that the judges' lowball scores will send her home prematurely.  The scores for her paso were good enough, but not getting the 2 extra points for the dance-off leaves her barely off the bottom, I think.  Alek may be the only one below her, which just is not right.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:51 pm

I agree with you, LadyM. Tamar should be in F3 based on her superior dance skills. She is, IMO, better than Alexa, Carlos, Alek and Bindi. But the show manipulates all things and popularity is the deciding factor. Poor Tamar has been consistently edited as the Wicked Witch of the West, totally unjustly I think. 

Those horrible packages and the low balling of scores by the judges may have produced a backlash with lots of people voting for Tamar. Plus Val has very dedicated fans too. Val is scheduled for the tour and will be one of the stars on that tour, attracting many who want to see him specifically. So you would think TPTB would like to keep Val dancing on the show as long as they can. They seem to have a funny way of showing that.

Last edited by Lesallee on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Anyway, they are safe! Tamar: you are great. Val: you gave the answer I expected from you, and the way you always stand in for your partners is remarkable. Bruno: thank you for capturing the essence of their performance and rewarding this team.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Lesallee wrote:
luvthepros wrote:America's vote must have been a tie breaker. That gave a lot of "weight" to the viewer votes for the dance off.
Too much weight, I believe, luv. And only select people could vote so it truly wasn't representative of majority opinion. Another gimmick DWTS should scrap.  Soapbox

I hate when they do that voting - whether it be Twitter or this way - during a live show.  I hate it when America's Got Talent does it as well.  Because you're right - only a small portion of the viewing audience gets to vote, so it's not really a true representation of the viewing audience.  It's a silly gimmick, and they really don't need silly gimmicks.  And it's especially silly here where they have 3 judges.  There will never be a tie between two dancers.  Can't happen.  So there's no need for a "tie breaker."

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:14 pm

Tamar is a lovely person and has a great sense of humor from what I can see on her show and in interviews.   She is passionate about   her family, her music and her life  and really wants to do well in this competition.
  I loved it when Val said you are the best dancer because you are my partner! Ahhhh...!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:18 pm

Lesallee wrote:Too much weight, I believe, luv. And only select people could vote so it truly wasn't representative of majority opinion. Another gimmick DWTS should scrap.  :soapbox:
Who couldn't vote? Voting was available on the ABC website, just like voting each week for our favorites. It wasn't like other times when you must have a Twitter account to vote.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Oh.....just realized the select people who were able to vote were in the eastern and central time zones. Right? Now I get it.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top