The Team Valentay Thread (Tamar and Val)

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Team Valentay Thread (Tamar and Val) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Team Valentay Thread (Tamar and Val)

Post by Starz Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:55 pm

I feel sorry for Val this season. Tamar is a beautiful dancer and could go all the way to win - except for her (to me) very annoying personality.
I am a very strong independent woman. I can agree with some of her points, however, they are not appropriate most of the time. Certainly not when you are playing a role set in the 1960s should she insist on a woman being the boss.
As each week goes by, I like her less and less in spite of thinking that she is a good dancer.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Team Valentay Thread (Tamar and Val) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Team Valentay Thread (Tamar and Val)

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:59 pm

Starz wrote:I feel sorry for Val this season. Tamar is a beautiful dancer and could go all the way to win - except for her (to me) very annoying personality.
I am a very strong independent woman. I can agree with some of her points, however, they are not appropriate most of the time. Certainly not when you are playing a role set in the 1960s should she insist on a woman being the boss.
As each week goes by, I like her less and less in spite of thinking that she is a good dancer.
I agree and also feel sorry for Val this season.  He is such a good dancer and teacher but she distracts from that with her attitude and annoying personality.  I think it costs them votes - I sure have no desire to vote for her.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:09 pm

I wonder if she is just pretending to be that way or she really is like that.  I like to think it's an act since it is annoying.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:32 pm

Starz wrote:Val & Tamar were my very favorites last night! I LOVED THEIR DANCE! So cute - and perfectly performed. I would have given them 10s.

I loved their dance, too.  I think Val is having the time of his life.  He has said that in reality, the side of Tamar he sees is the shy, preacher's daughter, with family values...who can summon it and bring it when she needs to (the sass and attitude)

As Mrs. Ballas said so well, "it is a HIGHLY produced show" so who really knows what goes on.

Tamar has over 2 million followers...(I think Val has about 1/4 that on Insta) and I assume they love her for the person they see on her tv shows...no shrinking violet!

I think they'll be in the final 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Larissasbff wrote:
Starz wrote:Val & Tamar were my very favorites last night! I LOVED THEIR DANCE! So cute - and perfectly performed. I would have given them 10s.

I loved their dance, too.  I think Val is having the time of his life.  He has said that in reality, the side of Tamar he sees is the shy, preacher's daughter, with family values...who can summon it and bring it when she needs to (the sass and attitude)

As Mrs. Ballas said so well, "it is a HIGHLY produced show" so who really knows what goes on.

Tamar has over 2 million followers...(I think Val has about 1/4 that on Insta) and I assume they love her for the person they see on her tv shows...no shrinking violet!

I think they'll be in the final 4

I don't find anything in her personality that appeals to me, so I don't vote for her, but I think I would feel cheated if she didn't make it to the finals... she dances very well.  I'd probably love her if I only saw her on the dance floor and was totally ignorant of her "large personality".
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:35 am

At least she's true to herself and not trying to pretend anything just to please the viewers. I can live with that. Val could have the bigger problem if the packages make him look weak instead of just kind and patient, especially for people who still compare him to his brother. Maks would know how to avoid that trap. Tamar might have to work even harder to make up for the lack of sympathy votes that Alexa and Bindi get, but for me she constantly delivers. No doubt, best female on the cast. We'll see if her own fan base is really strong enough to get her through; otherwise she might be top on the list for these darned shocking eliminations.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Excellent post brother!!!..............her fan base............well lady GaGa is spearheading that!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:20 pm

Tamar could be sabotaging herself if she is pretending to be difficult unless she doesn't care if she wins or feels she has enough fans to vote for her.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Thank you so much sla.....now I can watch that elegant dance anytime I want on my...phone or .ipad...!!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:43 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Thank you so much sla.....now I can watch that elegant dance anytime I want on my...phone or .ipad...!!!!
You are Welcome  I've re-watched it several times myself - it is just so beautiful.  I thought it might be easier to have it handy on their thread for easy access, however I just noticed this post is in Tamar & Vals thread   Giggle but the video is in the Sharnick thread where it should be.  Flowers
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:57 pm

LOL!    ooooopsie... that's what I get for eating the left over poTcorn from the skybox for breakfast Ashamed

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:58 pm

kincaid53 wrote:LOL!    ooooopsie... that's what I get for eating the left over poTcorn from the skybox for breakfast Ashamed
Laughing   LOL   ROFL
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:54 pm

So far anything that they did has been wonderful. I just luv this team.   Woo hoo
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Starz wrote:I feel sorry for Val this season. Tamar is a beautiful dancer and could go all the way to win - except for her (to me) very annoying personality.
Absolutely agree with this 100%. Last night I got caught up watching all the episodes. I was away on vacation with no access to network TV or internet (cruising).

I don't like the ghetto in Tamar's speech pattern.....never did like that and never will. I do love her dancing however and hope to hell she and Val can find some common ground to work together. I'm not sure Val likes Tamar and I can understand why he doesn't but they must be a team and turn out great performances and that includes chemistry between them. Performance chemistry needs to be real and not put on just for show so I hope they can work things out. This team could be my favorite and I'm hoping to warm up to Tamar if she could just be more likable.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Like her or not I still think their dancing is soooo great. I would just luv to see him win again. Hugs
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:34 pm

I did not know much about Tamar except that she was Toni Braxtons sister....'.Unbreak My Heart...say you'll love me again'..........ahem........anyway........I saw she was going to be on Wendy W. so I tuned in.     She was funny, delightful she was so positive about dwts and how Val is her creative director not just dance, but clothes, hair, makeup and that he was amazing. 
    Nothing like I expected after seeing dwts produced snippets of who they want you to think she is, but I guess that really is just a strong woman with opinions..and not a thing wrong with that.......really enjoyed her, interview and the song she sang. Verrry talented lady!!...........and yes the woman can dance!!!!  My impression is that Val really likes this partnership.
   She showed pics of her husband and little boy(her husbands mini me!)....omg the cutest!!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:55 pm

So glad to hear that & thx for sharing...  Rose
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:36 pm

There it is, that connection and affinity I have been missing with Tamar. Lovely all the way through.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:37 pm

WOW! That was absolutely stunning Tamar...........and your not too bad either Val!!!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:45 pm

It was terrific and made me cry.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:12 am

Why do people want to see Tamar with Louis?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:33 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Why do people want to see Tamar with Louis?

Because he isn't Derek or Mark, maybe, and therefore "closer to the fam"?  And perhaps also because it would be nice for Louis to get a chance to dance with a very good dancer.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:40 am

I voted for Tamar to be with Derek. I wanted them to do a Paso.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:58 am

I'm watching the show and did not notice last night that it was Tamars husband playing the piano. Very cool!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Just when most people think they know what Tamar is made of, she goes and pulls that off. I've always believed there's more to her and with this dance she proved it. This is what Most Memorable Year can do: add true emotion to technically great dancing, and the sky is the limit. I did notice it was her hubby on the piano (reminded me a little of Kellie Pickler's husband singing for her,) and I also realized the appreciation Val got from Derek in the redroom. Whatever you may think about this specific theme week in general- as long as miracles like this happen, they should keep it.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top