Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark) Empty Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark)

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:40 pm

Meant to get this up before. 

A good team who will get steadily better, I think. Don't count them out for Finals.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark) Empty Re: Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark)

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Dance of the night so far. Great job, Alexa and Mark! I didn't know leopards could lay it down like that!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:25 pm

Lesallee wrote:Dance of the night so far. Great job, Alexa and Mark! I didn't know leopards could lay it down like that!

Mark and his costumes.... I wonder if he had a costume box when he was little. Giggle
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Total bs....that should have been the first score with a 9 8 8   absolutely beautiful Alexa!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:03 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Total bs....that should have been the first score with a 9 8 8   absolutely beautiful Alexa!!!
I agree Sis. I watched enthralled. It was beautiful. Completely underscored.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:24 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Total bs....that should have been the first score with a 9 8 8   absolutely beautiful Alexa!!!

I think the judges were extra tough tonight, especially on the good dancers, but I think it all evened out in the end.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Totally underscored

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Not only Lea knows how to wear animal print apparently. And I'm relieved Mark can still handle an adult woman!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:17 am

Oh yes, Mark handled the gorgeous Alexa with ease!!  And she handled him right back!!    ...................I thought the video package was funny......Marks booty in the tidy whities   hahahaha classic...........we already know what goes on when you don't have proper support.........remember the Lindy Hop with Shawn? Yeah you know what I'm talkin' about Mark!!.............ANYWAY.............loved it!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:13 pm

Not perfect but a lot of fun and I liked it. Mark cleans up well, he looked very debonair!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:25 pm

I agree sis, she is so cute and that was a lot of fun!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:49 pm

It baffles me that many posters (on other forums) seem to feel Alexa is not a good dancer. I beg to differ as I think she is a great dancer. She adds a lot of small nuances to her performance and I think she has Mark to thank for that. I really enjoy watching these two. LOVED their Foxtrot and their Jazz last week. She really is quite talented and I just don't understand why I read so many times that she isn't a good dancer. Still scratching my head about that.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:41 pm

For me, Alexa, is probably one of the best dancers this season (even better than Bindi).  Yes, there was a little mistake at the end of the routine this week, but she did a very difficult foxtrot.  If Nick didn't compete this season, Alexa would have received all or most of my votes.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:16 pm

DiscoDiva92 wrote:For me, Alexa, is probably one of the best dancers this season (even better than Bindi).  Yes, there was a little mistake at the end of the routine this week, but she did a very difficult foxtrot.  If Nick didn't compete this season, Alexa would have received all or most of my votes.

Alexa is a beautiful dancer, but man, she's got a lot of competition for the votes.  I would guess that she is getting some votes from many people but very few are giving her all their votes.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:12 pm

Psychee22 wrote:
DiscoDiva92 wrote:For me, Alexa, is probably one of the best dancers this season (even better than Bindi).  Yes, there was a little mistake at the end of the routine this week, but she did a very difficult foxtrot.  If Nick didn't compete this season, Alexa would have received all or most of my votes.

Alexa is a beautiful dancer, but man, she's got a lot of competition for the votes.  I would guess that she is getting some votes from many people but very few are giving her all their votes.
I agree.  I have a feeling that she or Carlos will be a surprise elimination this season.  I also think that they will put her in "jeopardy" next week.  The fact that she is only three points ahead of Paula doesn't help either.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:05 pm

Looking forward to Alexa and Derek's Tango he does really good Tangos and to have a partner that can portray the man woman dynamic of one I have no doubt it will be really good

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:39 am

I also think Alexa will be strong and add maturity and hopefully a lttle sex-appeal (which obviously wouldn't be appropriate for Bindi). I hope this time we see the passion that Nastia was lacking. If only the music isn't too crash-boom-bang...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:47 pm

See I thought Nastia captured the character. I think the comment Psche made about Bindi being 'real' in front of the cameras is why she might have problems connecting with the character. Take Willow she was only 14 but being an actress she nailed not only the dance but the character of the Tango.   Bindis Tango was fun, but the character was just Bindi being bindi as most of her dances are.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:51 pm

Good point! As for Nastia, I definitely expected her in the finals, because she improved and opened up more- it just came too late. Earlier in the competition, Carrie Ann nailed it when she criticized her for going back to her gymnastics world and performing on her own, not with her partner. Tamar had the same problem the first few weeks and is also working on it. Being yourself all the time, as you say about Bindi, is not necessarily a disadvantage if you have personality. It worked for Sadie, so it could work for her as well. It will become a problem in dances like the AT and the Rumba though.
Mark, however, is a genius in making any dance age appropriate.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:15 pm

You are so right about the personality and so far I think fans along with the judges are just fine seeing that with Bindi.   
  I do see what you are talking about with Nastia and Tamar. 
  Alexa has personality(maybe not as big as Tamars and Bindis)  and can do the characters and the dance.....I just think in that last dance she was having fun and just missed the step then got a little nervous.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:15 pm

kincaid53 wrote:See I thought Nastia captured the character. I think the comment Psche made about Bindi being 'real' in front of the cameras is why she might have problems connecting with the character. Take Willow she was only 14 but being an actress she nailed not only the dance but the character of the Tango.   Bindis Tango was fun, but the character was just Bindi being bindi as most of her dances are.

Bindi DOES know how to act;  she has acted in movies and TV episodes as something other than herself.  I think that all she needs is for someone to ask her to do so in her dances.  I think her contemporary proved that she is capable --  even though she was portraying herself, she acted out a bunch of different emotions.

I don't think anyone will try to get her to do a steamy act, though;  the audience would NOT approve and it would backfire.  Sassy and flirtatious is the most we could expect from her at this age on the "sexy" dimension.  So, no "hot" AT's. 

Speaking of which... I'm glad that we don't have to listen to anyone talking about "family values modesty" issues this season.  That got old fast.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:34 pm

Psychee....I did not know that about Bindi, I really don't know anything more than what happened with her Dad.
Derek, as well as most of the pros are probably going to choreograph  for the fans, what they think the fans will want to see from their celeb.  Then you add in the way dwts edits the rehearsal videos and little bits and pieces they want  you to hear, like when Sadie was upset about a bad score and you did not see Sadie or Derek, but you could hear Derek telling her. "That's what the want. Don't give it to them".
  It all usually comes out good in the end with their dance, even if they forget a few steps, except for poor Chynna Phillips, bless her heart I think she forgot pretty much the whole dance 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:44 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Psychee....I did not know that about Bindi, I really don't know anything more than what happened with her Dad.
Derek, as well as most of the pros are probably going to choreograph  for the fans, what they think the fans will want to see from their celeb.  Then you add in the way dwts edits the rehearsal videos and little bits and pieces they want  you to hear, like when Sadie was upset about a bad score and you did not see Sadie or Derek, but you could hear Derek telling her. "That's what the want. Don't give it to them".
  It all usually comes out good in the end with their dance, even if they forget a few steps, except for poor Chynna Phillips, bless her heart I think she forgot pretty much the whole dance 

Oh, yeah.  Bindi is a real star in her own right.  She has even had a couple of her own TV shows.  You can check out her Imdb page for specifics. She's so popular in Australia that ABC televised her Contemporary and her interview with her family that same night on All Access to Australia in real time.  There is a huge betting pool there on how well she will do.  It's a big deal!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:55 pm

I saw on Dereks twitter that they named a Koala after him...it looks just like him heehee!!  Also I saw a video some children made at the zoo dancing, that they made for her................
   How refreshing to have a family like theirs for the young people to look up to instead of the Kylies and Kims some of our youth think are royalty. Yuck

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:12 pm

Alexa should get good scores for her tango since that is Derek's dance style.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top