Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark)

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark) - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark)

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:01 pm

They will be dancing to "Pompeii". Not my cup of tea for a tango, but it's high energy.

I long for classical tango music.  There's a nice compilation of the right kinds of songs on Youtube called "Best Tango Music" uploaded by a guy named "MusicOnCloud9".  Give us one of them! Soapbox
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark) - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark)

Post by luvthepros Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:39 am

Psychee22 wrote:....  There's a nice compilation of the right kinds of songs on Youtube called "Best Tango Music" uploaded by a guy named "MusicOnCloud9".  Give us one of them! :soapbox:
One of Miriam and Leonardo's classic A. Tango performances is danced to one of the songs I heard on this list. This must be my favorite A. Tango ever danced. The ending lift and pose are utterly compelling to me and makes my heart beat faster every time I watch. The performance begins at 1:12.....

luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:31 am

Yeah, that's Libertango.  I could listen to that song forever.  There's a video of Peta and Derek dancing to that on Youtube. 

https://youtu.be/7x9rVdt4zbo
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:19 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Yeah, that's Libertango.  I could listen to that song forever.  There's a video of Peta and Derek dancing to that on Youtube. 

https://youtu.be/7x9rVdt4zbo
Nice job by Derek and Peta but still can not take the place of Leonardo and Miriam, the masters at their craft. Thank you for the link.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:36 pm

Didn't mean to suggest that they are better, only that they danced to the same music.  Leonardo and Miriam are right up at the top of the best, and thank you also for the video.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Didn't mean to suggest that they are better, only that they danced to the same music.  Leonardo and Miriam are right up at the top of the best, and thank you also for the video.
You're welcome.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:37 pm

Excellent tango from Alexa and Derek.  Definitely her best dance this season thus far.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:39 pm

Whoa who was that woman!!!!   Classic Derek amazing Tango and Amazing Alexa hung right in there and made it her own!  wHAT AN AMAZING night of dancing this has been!!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Alexa and Mark, Alexa and Derek.....now Alexa Mark and a python....lucky girl!! LoL!!.....I just watched Alexa and Dereks Tango again...and... again...amazing!! You were strong focused and gorgeous........and Derek...you held my attention too.....someone's been drinking their muscle milk!! Wink

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:53 am

For me, Derek is back in the game. His attitude has changed. All the pressure from last season seems gone, and it shows. He's connecting with the others much more, which is easier when you're not off to N.Y.C. half the time. Now Alexa is something else!! When Alfonso said "you can win", I thought he took it a bit too far. I've recently changed my mind.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:49 am

I agree!   Anna made some interesting comments on all access about Alexas dance ...first she said 'notice there was not one sparkle (costume)the other guy said it was not bedazzled...Anna said it was not bedazzled and no 'smoke and mirrors'.....  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:00 pm

Although I am hoping for a SharNick win it wouldn't dismay me at all to see the MBT go to Baega. I believe Alexa has the goods to do it and Mark is very deserving of a win. I think Alexa is a better dancer than Bindi and I am hoping that her scores reflect that, down the stretch. I guess I am in a minority position about her tango costume; I didn't like it at all.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:16 pm

It's only a matter of taste. If you liked the dancing even in a costume you didn't appreciate, that is saying something, don't you think? 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:42 pm

I thought it was ok for the theme of the dance, but in Tango I really like  seeing the leg action, so a shorter or tighter skirt I think would  have been better imo   Tango has such intricate leg and feet movements that I felt like the skirt was hindering her. On the other hand....maybe there were smoke and mirrors ......the long  skirt to cover any mistakes.....I don't know.
  Something else Anna said ....how Derek kept Alexa in focus ...I recognized that especially one time when Alexa smiled at Derek, and I think because she knew she nailed a step she might have missed in rehearsal and Derek didn't look at her he just kept focus and then she followed suit.
I agree about Alexa being a better dancer and also performer than Bindi. I just do not see anything different in any of Bindis dances, so to me there is no real improvement.
   Mark  is so good at showing different sides of the young people he had as partners.  It's just the same thing over and over with Bindi......that's why I skip watching some of her dances....with all this sugary sweet stuff I'm starting to get cavities.   I liked when Maksim questioned if it was real........when you always want everyone to see you as 'good girl'  and in your rehearsal package you mess up , but take the focus off of  it by saying 'I see my self in a field with butterflies and birds above me'. I thought she wasn't an actress, but Psychee said she was.....so now I see she can put on a very good show..... 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:09 pm

kincaid53 wrote:
   Mark  is so good at showing different sides of the young people he had as partners.  It's just the same thing over and over with Bindi......that's why I skip watching some of her dances....with all this sugary sweet stuff I'm starting to get cavities.   I liked when Maksim questioned if it was real........when you always want everyone to see you as 'good girl'  and in your rehearsal package you mess up , but take the focus off of  it by saying 'I see my self in a field with butterflies and birds above me'. I thought she wasn't an actress, but Psychee said she was.....so now I see she can put on a very good show..... 

I believe Maks concluded, after seeing her in person and talking to his brother, that Bindi was the "real deal".  If I misinterpreted his comments at the judge table, though, I will accept correction on that.

A girl that happy may not be your cup of tea, but she isn't a phony, kincaid.   You can go back and see interviews of her all the way back to the year she was born and you will see the same happy kid, excited about the world around her, just like her dad.   In fact, many of her happy excited mannerisms are EXACTLY mirror images of her dad.  The only time you see her crying on film is when she was one and her dad gently took a tarantula away from her to set it free.  And in interviews with her mother when she was about 15, you will hear how her mother was warned repeatedly that the teenage years would bring hormonal emotional downs, but her family was still waiting for it to happen as it seemed to bypass her.  And unlike Shawn, who is as real as a woman can get I think, Bindi has not been trained to hide her emotions.  She seemed to cry easily in her week about her dad, and how real those tears were were reflected in her mom and brother who would have felt if she was being fake and would not have been seen with the reactions they had. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:29 pm

I think you got it right about Maks, Psychee. As different as their characters may be, Tamar and Bindi have one thing in common: what you get is what you see- which, with all necessary respect for my sister kincaid, seems hard to take for some people. I like that better than someone putting on a show and fishing for votes. I think most of the cast this time have this honesty about them. Let everybody pick their favorites though, it's part of the game.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:33 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I think you got it right about Maks, Psychee. As different as their characters may be, Tamar and Bindi have one thing in common: what you get is what you see- which, with all necessary respect for my sister kincaid, seems hard to take for some people. I like that better than someone putting on a show and fishing for votes. I think most of the cast this time have this honesty about them. Let everybody pick their favorites though, it's part of the game.

In defense of sister kin, DMD, I feel as she does - Bindi's dances all look the same to me. To me, and note I said to me, Tamar is more interesting, a better dancer and more enjoyable to watch. Ditto Alexa. I imagine Bindi is pure joy and a delightful young lady but entertainment is the name of the game on this show and Bindi isn't doing it for me.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:42 pm

Read my last sentence above sis, everything is fine the way it is. How boring it would be if we all felt the same about everybody...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:13 pm

Lesallee wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:I think you got it right about Maks, Psychee. As different as their characters may be, Tamar and Bindi have one thing in common: what you get is what you see- which, with all necessary respect for my sister kincaid, seems hard to take for some people. I like that better than someone putting on a show and fishing for votes. I think most of the cast this time have this honesty about them. Let everybody pick their favorites though, it's part of the game.

In defense of sister kin, DMD, I feel as she does - Bindi's dances all look the same to me. To me, and note I said to me, Tamar is more interesting, a better dancer and more enjoyable to watch. Ditto Alexa. I imagine Bindi is pure joy and a delightful young lady but entertainment is the name of the game on this show and Bindi isn't doing it for me.

Everybody has different taste in what entertains them, and I wasn't taking issue with anyone who does not enjoy her.  I was taking issue with Kincaid's suggestion that Bindi was faking her upbeat love of life and just putting on an act for the camera.  There is simply no evidence for that.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:21 pm

Appreciate your insights on Bindi Psychee.  It's certainly not  that I have anything against happy people......but this is an entertainment show..with different dances that people can show different emotions and I just don't see that with Bindi....but it seems as though her fans don't want to see or think there could be another side to Bindi.
When Bruno made the comment about her shoulders she giggled and said thank you. When Maks made the comment about whether or not she was coming across as real to the people watching.....to me she had a look and reaction of 'really'?  Now that to me was 'real'.  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:28 pm

Lesallee wrote:

Haha........#neverboringaroundtheChongafamilydinnertable........ LOL Crying    Cancan dance    

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:42 pm

I see lots of emotions, and appropriate emotions for each of her dances.  I really don't see the one-trick-pony you are describing:

Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark) - Page 2 2CAA454600000578-3245743-image-m-30_1442980745488

Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark) - Page 2 2CAA443700000578-3245743-image-m-31_1442980802216

Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark) - Page 2 9k=

Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark) - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_3X3F7oZ5ZmD3P-xmJIZ6CnhZLWoRPQnoxCLhJbWKb7o4QsJv
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:52 pm

I think her facial expressions at least show more range than Nastia's...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:01 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:I think her facial expressions at least show more range than Nastia's...
But Nastia is a gymnast and has had "show no emotion" drilled into her head most of her life. In hindsight, I am coming to appreciate Nastia; she really was talented and I suspect if she had been paired with Mark she just may have won it all. The biggest disconnect to me wasn't Nastia and the audience, rather between Nastia and Derek. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:09 pm

Lesallee wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:I think her facial expressions at least show more range than Nastia's...
But Nastia is a gymnast and has had "show no emotion" drilled into her head most of her life. In hindsight, I am coming to appreciate Nastia; she really was talented and I suspect if she had been paired with Mark she just may have won it all. The biggest disconnect to me wasn't Nastia and the audience, rather between Nastia and Derek. 

I agree.
   Now back to regular programming......Go Alexa ...get your Britney On!!!  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top