Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark) - Page 4 Empty Re: Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark)

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:22 pm

Lesallee wrote:Obviously Mark learned to do lifts beautifully while his friend Derek skipped that class. I liked it and I think Mark's dancing talent is often overlooked.
Very true!
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark) - Page 4 Empty Re: Team Baega Thread (Alexa and Mark)

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:27 pm

Oh Alexa...I was so on board with you, but lately for me you are taking quite a few steps back.  I really did not care for the David and Goliath AT.... for me it was kind of a mess .....Mark definitely not your best work...it seemed all you did was carry her around and that costume for her was not flattering imo....If Tamar or Bindi had gone home tonight I think they would have been ok,.smiled said what a good time they had....but you baby girl ....it's like your world will fall apart if  it had been you.   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:29 am

Indeed   IA When I can notice her mistakes the way I did tonight that is pretty telling - they were pretty obvious to me.  I thought they were marked too high for that dance - JMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:27 pm

Awesome in every way. Alexa told her story and struggle perfectly via dance. And Mark, oh Mark, he toils in the shadows of Derek so often but he is right out of the shadows with this. Brilliant choreography, challenging and perfectly done lifts; it was a treat totally. Well deserved 10s
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:24 pm

They did well tonight.  She left on a high note with a perfect score.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:38 pm

I've been voting to Alexa for the past several weeks. I'm at a loss that Alek is still in this and Alexa is out. She really showed what she is made of tonight. I've known all along Alexa is a great dancer.......so much better than Alek who is still there. Has he ever been in jeopardy? That is just so wrong on every level!
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Lesallee wrote:Awesome in every way. Alexa told her story and struggle perfectly via dance. And Mark, oh Mark, he toils in the shadows of Derek so often but he is right out of the shadows with this. Brilliant choreography, challenging and perfectly done lifts; it was a treat totally. Well deserved 10s

Ohhh...sorry sis I do have to disagree...I did not care for that dance at all. I should have figured out she was going home, because I thought something was off when the hail Mary about her eating disorder came out and she got 10's then got 10's for the duet with Bindi where the Derek 'oh I can't fail my partner because I totally lost it for Nastia last year, came out.  Derek probably knew and Mark too that Alexa was going home and that's where all the Bindi love for Alexa came in. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:51 pm

I know you have never been especially fond of Alexa sis. But I kind of liked her, better than her husband anyway. Most of my admiration of that dance was because of Mark's choreography. There is so much over the top bowing down to Derek as the world's greatest living choreographer and I think Mark is better than Derek. Plus he can do lifts without shaking!  I was very surprised she went home tonight. Bing is wrong again! 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Lesallee wrote:I know you have never been especially fond of Alexa sis. But I kind of liked her, better than her husband anyway. Most of my admiration of that dance was because of Mark's choreography. There is so much over the top bowing down to Derek as the world's greatest living choreographer and I think Mark is better than Derek. Plus he can do lifts without shaking!  I was very surprised she went home tonight. Bing is wrong again! 

Oh I so agree on Marks choreography.....it is so much more original and intricate and detailed than Dereks!!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:27 pm

luvthepros wrote:I've been voting to Alexa for the past several weeks. I'm at a loss that Alek is still in this and Alexa is out. She really showed what she is made of tonight. I've known all along Alexa is a great dancer.......so much better than Alek who is still there. Has he ever been in jeopardy? That is just so wrong on every level!
I've said it on another thread, but it also fits in here: Alek is much more consistent than Alexa has ever been, and Tamar is by far a better dancer. For me, the elimination was due. We may see her return anyway after Tamar's withdrawal.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:39 pm

kincaid53 wrote:

Oh I so agree on Marks choreography.....it is so much more original and intricate and detailed than Dereks!!!!
The greatest thing about this choreography was that it did not really require a great dancer. Mark did a very clever job there. All it took to execute it with conviction was true emotions (which were there), because it was so raw and expressive. I saw a lot of shaking and wobbling in Alexa's body, but other than in ballroom or latin, you could always claim it was part of the dance. Yes, Mark is as good as Derek in showcasing his partners, but this dance suited her just because of the story. She lacks versatility though, let alone self-confidence.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top