The Bachelor

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelor

Post by thisoldmule Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:56 pm

glitters, I agree Kelley sounded ridiculous, but with this show you never know if they actually said those things the way they showed them.  It's possible they spliced things together to make it seem like that's what she said.  Now that she isn't invited to WTA it would look like sour grapes if she spoke out about it.  I am always skeptical about what we see on this show.

Natasha isn't invited either and she and Kelley both made it a long ways in the show.  I guess neither has a chance of being bachelorette.  They are both older than the other girls too.  hmmmm  There must be a reason for them not being included.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:20 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I don't know how much of this was an edit for Kelley, but it must have been partly the "I'm an attorney" nonsense.  She said, "The other girls are children.  Look at me, I'm an attorney."  It wasn't just that for me, but it didn't help.

LOL! Funny post    Reminds me of the guy on TMZ : "I'm a Lawyer"  ROFL
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:36 pm

Harvey Levin.  Lol!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:51 pm

geez I thought we would have more answers than we got from tonight.  It's looking like Peter gets dumped.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:06 am

Enjoying the comments on here and LJ/ONTD. Haven't watched this season but will watch WTA.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:20 pm

I think Madison leaves.  He was warned that she didn't want him sleeping with the others if he was going to choose her.  I'm not sure he understood exactly what she meant.  He seemed clueless.  She was more vocal last night about it than she had been when she talked to him after the rose ceremony.  I applaud her for knowing who she is and what she wants.  At the same time though, I wonder why she thought she would find it on this show or with Peter.  lol  Peter seemed to think well this is the process of this show and the other girls are expecting other things, so he did what he wanted.  He wasn't ready to make his choice or commit.  

I'm not sure if he slept with Hannah Ann.  She did come 'home' in the morning, but didn't show them in bed like it did with Victoria.  There was no doubt he would sleep with Victoria.   lol  Don't mean to be rude, but I think she has been around.  

So Hannah Ann and Madison sat and talked and Madison told her she let Peter know he shouldn't sleep with anybody of he wanted her.  Then Hannah Ann told Victoria what Madison said.  So knowing that, wouldn't Victoria think she would be Peter's f1 since he slept with her and he didn't care about Madison?  Victoria had a look on her face when she said it was wrong for Madison to put Peter in that position.  That looked like she was going to fight Madison for doing that.  I wonder what Victoria is up to.

Hannah Ann was boring.  Their date looked awkward and forced.

All 3 girls looked so beautiful.  wow on their dresses.

I think Madison leaves, Peter sends the other 2 home, or maybe they leave too because they know he wants Madison.  Peter goes begging Madison to take him back, but her daddy tells him to leave her alone.  He just doesn't have the same religious background for her and she will be forever hurt that he slept with others.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:34 pm

I thought Hannah Ann was doing her little "I had sex last night" dance when she came back from being with Peter.  That was weird to put the three in the same room.  Yes, why on earth would Madison come to a show like this when she is so strong in her religious beliefs.  A guy dating 25 women on a show.  What does she think is going to happen?  Like Hannah Ann said about herself, "I know what I signed up for."  Madison is really being unrealistic and self-righteous.  For that reason, I hope he doesn't go after her.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:20 pm

It sure was weird to put them all together, glitters.  They've never done that before.  The producers must have made that decision as things unfolded and saw an opportunity to cause some trouble.  They have evil minds.

Hannah did act weird when she went back.  I just couldn't tell if it was because she had sex or because it would be implied because she was gone all night.  Maybe the producers are giving her a certain edit.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:13 pm

Mule - ITA that Peter sends Hannah Ann and Victoria home so he can chase after Madison but she wont have him after he has betrayed her strict values with the other women which may be admirable but is also ridiculous considering she must have known what she was getting into by going on this show - duh !  I have been thinking that since the start of the show when we saw the preview of his mother crying for him to go after her.  If that's wrong I will be very surprised.  I am mostly looking forward to seeing the WTA - should be a lot of claws coming out  Twisted Evil
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:39 pm

yes, moon, the WTA could be the most dramatic ever.  lol

One of you gals posted early on that Peter had given the ending away in his interviews.  Can't remember who said that, but is it turning out the way you thought?
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:25 pm

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/why-the-bachelor-women-stayed-together-during-fantasy-suites/?fbclid=IwAR1YpBaTiuCs3xJRiqoE2N-2z0U0vC29gIOqpfZXJWOcMCAXGaYZy4MFUCw
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:36 pm

Some of these contestants sign up for this show themselves and in some cases it has been mentioned that friends or family sign them up. Not sure which it was in Madison’s case. I know many have mentioned they sign up because it’s an interesting experience and they get to travel places they may not have ever gotten to travel to and what is the real chance that they would be the one chosen? I sometimes try to put myself in someone else’s shoes before I comment. Yes, I have commented negatively about Victoria because I tried to think what it would be like to sleep with several friends husbands and for the life of me I can’t come up with any logical reason someone would do that. As to Madison, I put myself in her shoes and realized that if I was falling for someone and they told me they were falling in love with me and then turned around and slept with other women after telling me that then what they said to me would be looked at as they lied to me. If they were falling in love with me then what reason would they have for doing that? Show or no show that would feel like a betrayal so I can see why she walked away. Of course she knew he was not a virgin. Of corse she knew he slept with Hannah in the windmill. She even said it herself, she wasn’t expecting others to have the same convictions as her and save themselves for marriage. Her thought was clearly that if Pater really was falling in love with her like he said, then he would not sleep with the other girls that were left on this season because he was feeling so strongly for her. There’s nothing wrong with her expecting that at this point. I’m sorry, but I don’t believe for one second that Peter is actually in love with all three women. So many of these leads state that they know pretty much early on who is going to be the F1 but they have to play the game. I think so many of them use the FS’s as an excuse to have sex with multiple partners. What is the point of doing that if you know your heart is leaning towards one particular person? It’s clearly because the opportunity is there and you’re thinking with your sexual parts instead of with your head or heart.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:02 pm

You like Madison more than I do.  Even if her friends or family signed her up for the show, either they or she should have known what she is getting into.  I have more compassion for Victoria than you do, but I like her better than Madison.  She could be a sex addict.  You're being more judgmental towards Victoria.  I'm sure there is self-destructive reasoning that goes along with her supposedly chasing other people's husbands.  It isn't all about ego and pleasure.  I understand Madison's struggle between her religious convictions and not wanting to feel like she is telling Peter what to do, but she put herself in this situation and has to make a decision herself if she wants to accept his actions or not.  Peter doesn't owe her anything but the same respect he gives to the other women on the show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:42 pm

Mule, yes, it's turning out the way I thought.  But since we haven't gotten to the finale yet, I guess I can only say:  so far.

skt8word wrote:

Yes such a production move, and I also think ABC probably shouldn't let bachelors do so many interviews.  The more Peter talks in interviews, the more he gives away IMO.  Then again, I also had a sense from Colton's interviews what his season's outcome would be, and I was only half right  Laughing .  But I think Peter gives away more.

I didn't mean that Peter gave away all of the ending in his interviews.  Just part of the ending IMO, answers to big-picture-type questions that would be considered spoilers.  Specifically, answers to the questions:  Is Peter engaged?  Is he single?   Does he go back to Hannah B. (which a lot of people theorized early on)?  

I don't know if I should say whether I thought he's engaged based on his early interviews.   I will if people want me to.   Confused

I guess it's safe to say now   whether early on, he gave away in interviews whether he ended up with Hannah B., or whether I thought he did.  I think everybody knows at this point?  
My answer below:

I didn't believe he ends up with Hannah Brown because in an interview, he said he was in love with her during their final scene in one of the early episodes.  As he said that he was in love with her then, I thought it would be too much of a spoiler if he goes back to her in the end, and he talked too much about it in the interview that even Peter wouldn't accidentally let it slip like that.  Smile

As for who he did pick, I didn't get a strong sense of it from his early interviews   Others did, but I wasn't convinced.

I guess it's okay after all   that ABC lets bachelors do so many interviews.  lol.  Peter's done so many interviews by now  and it's still partially unspoilable.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:20 pm

Madison has strong religious beliefs, and that's admirable, but it doesn’t seem she has confidence in conveying her dealbreaker.    She doesn't say at the airport hangar after the rose ceremony    that she won't be able to accept an engagement if he sleeps with other women that week.  She doesn't say that until their dinner date (after the other women had their FS dates).  She doesn't give him a lot of information at that time.  She doesn't say she's saving herself until marriage (not until their dinner date).  I think she should have told him that way sooner, at hometowns   if not sooner.

At the airport hangar, Peter was left with Madison's not so clear dealbreaker that “if next week, you were to sleep with somebody else, it would be really hard for me to, like, really, like, move forward in this.”  (I probably omitted a few "likes" there.)  When asked for clarification, she told him, “it’s going to be hard for me” and, “I don’t want to tell you yes or no.”    It's probably hard for a lot of contestants to move forward in such a situation, but she didn't give information after the rose ceremony like  it's because of her religious beliefs or that she's saving herself for marriage.  

I don't believe Peter's in love with all three women either.  Maybe one or two.  (In an interview, he answered that it's not possible to love three women.)  

Then at dinner, she still didn't tell Peter it's because of her religious beliefs.  She didn't tell him she's in love with him or how she feels about him.    

IMHO she wasn't being clear enough.  Peter was left at the airport hangar with Madison's statement that it would be really hard for her to move forward if he sleeps with somebody else.  Peter's left with an unclear dealbreaker, if it can be called a dealbreaker.  Meanwhile, he's convinced himself he's in love with more than one woman,   and Madison's the only one who didn't say she's in love with him or falling in love with him or how she feels.  

Maybe if he knew he was in love with only Madison, he wouldn't sleep with another woman, but he's told two of them he's either in love or falling in love.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:39 pm

It's a mess and Madison is probably too young to know what she wants.  She is causing a mess for herself and him when she probably shouldn't have come on the show in the first place if her religious convictions are so strong.  It is causing a lot of confusion for both of them.  Don't they have religious dating apps?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Thanks, skt, I thought maybe it was you who said that.  You seem to pick up on and analyze the little things that I don't hear all the time.

rkc, I agree with you.  After telling someone you love them, it doesn't seem right to sleep with someone else.  I think Madison should have been more clear in what she was telling him.  She seemed like she didn't want to sound bossy or possessive so she held back.

I'm thinking Peter is more of a horndog than I thought at first.  I said early on he would be in love with all of them.  I bet he has shagged every girl he has ever dated because he loves so easily.  CH  said Peter had a really hard time making decisions.  He probably could have dated every single girl there and liked her, but choosing just one is hard.  I don't think he is bad.  I think he would be true and loyal once he commits, but not sure he is ready for that.   It's kind of disgusting that he slept with Victoria because I just don't see that things could ever work with them.  But there again, he loves them all so he justifies it.  Maybe he really does have amnesia from that bump on the head because he told Victoria she had nothing to work on.  Right from the start he thought he would sleep with them all and really didn't know what to do about Madison's request.  It didn't even seem to make any sense to him.  I thought all the drama from the girls was making this season bad, but I'm seeing Peter's part in it more and more.

He can't make decisions.  Well isn't that great, he is flying planes and responsible for making quick decisions in case of emergency.

Last edited by thisoldmule on Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:58 pm

I don't have a problem with Madison expecting her husband to have values that are consistent with hers.  I do think she should have let Peter know her values earlier and more clearly.  I don't think she actually told Peter she loved him either, so he didn't really know if she was in this for the long haul.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:12 pm

I've seen so many of Peter's interviews.  I guess I like seeing them because it might give the lead's perspective on situations.  I didn't expect him to give away anything.

Madison seems to want someone like her dad, like she talked about on one of her earlier dates.  I think it's okay that she came on the show, but knowing she was going to go on the show and knowing it was Peter, I think she should have told him way sooner that she's saving herself for marriage.  She's hurting now, on the show, though she hurt herself in the process by not making a dealbreaker clear.

I read a long time ago that production puts them on   kind of dangerous, adrenaline-filled dates in order to stir up intense feelings upon going through something that intense.   They put Madison and Peter on  a date where they're climbing a skyscraper.   I thought it interesting that only after climbing the skyscraper, Madison told the camera she just realized she’s in love with him and she could see him being the father of his children.  She didn't tell him she's in love with him, though.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:29 pm

I think sex is being focused on too much and being made a bigger deal than it is.  We know that it is easier for men to have sex with different people and not get as attached as women do at least in the beginning.  Men are just wired differently.  There are plenty of things that can go wrong with a relationship besides sex.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:48 pm

Sometimes Hannah Ann looks like a young Tiffani Thiessen.

The Bachelor - Page 8 Bach_l10

The Bachelor - Page 8 Bach_h10
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:52 pm

I heard the bachelorette is going to be announced already on Monday, March 2, on Good Morning America.  I'm looking forward to the announcement more than the WTA!  But at the same time, I'm apprehensive about who it might be  Biting nails lol.    
I suppose it will be someone from outside this season if they're going to be announcing it already Monday morning.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:26 pm

Glitters, yes I am clearly stating in MY opinion that on a moral level I find Victoria distasteful. I would rather be close to someone like Madison than I would Victoria. I would always feel like I had to keep an eye on her to make sure she wasn’t going after my man. What kind of friend Is that let alone a significant other? I also don’t happen to like drama queens that make an argument out of everything. So whereas you say I am being judgmental towards Victoria you might want to bear in mind that you are also being judgmental towards Madison. Please don’t accuse me of doing something that you are doing as well. I don’t want to turn this into an argument so we are going to have to agree to disagree on this and leave it at that.

Mule, yes Madison has a right to expect certain things from a man but I do agree that she should have voiced those things much sooner than now, but then again we only know what the producers want us to know. There is obviously a lot that gets said and that goes on every season that ends up on the cutting room floor. Also, the order that we see the dates go down on the show is not necessarily the order they actually happened so that is also something we have to bear in mind with conversations that take place on this show. I also agree that Peter is a bit of a horn dog. Even back on Hannah B’s season you could see that. I figured he’d be a lead that would more than likely sleep with all the FS girls. Obviously by all accounts he probably has a lot of sexual stamina. He wants someone to love him as much as he loves them but if you want someone to commit to you then you have to be ready to commit to them and them alone.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:49 pm

Skt8, I am hoping it isn’t going to be Kelsey. I had been hearing that a lot of people were wanting it to be her. Not sure why. She is a bit of a mess. I really don’t see any of the girls from this season as the next Bachelorette. I would really prefer they pull the next lead out of a previous season. As long as it’s not Demi I’m good. She seems to get catered to from this franchise. I couldn’t imagine having men and women cohabiting in the same house seeing whom she would choose. I’m sure there will come a time if they don’t pull this show off the air that it will happen.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:09 pm

I thought we were going to agree to disagree a while ago.  I feel like you were the one who kept continuing it.  I'm not sure why you care if I don't care for Madison.  I guess I don't feel I'm being judgmental of Madison.  I just don't care for her.  Sometimes I just don't care for someone on the show, but it doesn't have anything to do with their morals.  I guess I think it's a feeling more than a judgment.  If you said you just didn't like Victoria without the moral judgment, it wouldn't bother me as much.  I do care if people on the show aren't nice to each other and Victoria doesn't seem to have caused any problems with anyone on the show or talked badly to Peter about anyone.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top