are! Keep it coming......Izzy
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

STORYTIME:  BACHELOR SURVIVOR - Page 4 Empty Re: STORYTIME: BACHELOR SURVIVOR

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:16 am

SmartandTruthful

Ha, Ha, Izzy! I’m sure we’ll have to have a good, old duck pond here somewhere! We can’t write a story without one! Mackey, great job! I love the way you mixed up the love interests a bit – just what we needed! Ha! Sending Peace & Love, S&T

Faith had gone down to the beach to check it out. She wondered if she would see any interesting water fowl or if there might be some porpoises out on the horizon. She was always curious about the nature life wherever she went. It was part of who she was. As she approached the beach, she could see that another Bachelorette was already there, sitting on a rock and looking at something in her hands. The girl’s platinum bob was a giveaway. “Carrie!” Faith called. Carrie was one of her new suitemates. She was from Philadelphia, only a stone’s throw from Yardsley, where Faith lived. It was nice to have another girl from PA here and Carrie seemed nice.

Carrie looked up startled when she heard her name called and saw Faith coming towards her. She smiled and waved with her right hand, while her left hand draped her towel over her lap. That was close! Carrie thought. “Hi Faith!” she called. “Isn’t it beautiful down here?” Faith was just a few steps away, so Carrie pulled her towel around the small bundle in her lap and pulled the towel away, setting it down at her side. “I’ve been contemplating the universe!”

Faith laughed. “Have you figured anything out?”

“Just that I’m glad out of all the girls in the world, I can be right here, right now!” replied Carrie.

“I’m with you on that! I have to pinch myself to believe I’m really here, in sunny California, as one of ABCs Bachelorettes! It’s surreal! Have you checked out the water?”

“Yes, it’s nice and warm and no jellyfish, like we get at the Jersey shore!”

“Those jellyfish can be nasty!” Faith nodded. “I’ve got to get my feet in that water.”

Carrie jumped off the rock and said, “Let’s go!” The two walked to where the water lapped gently at the sand. Carrie was relieved. That was too close a call!

To Be Continued

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:33 am; edited 2 times in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:17 am

SmartandTruthful

Charlie was rooming with Greg, Jesse, and Joe. When he returned from the beach, no one was in the bedroom, but he could hear the shower going in the bathroom. Not knowing if it was one of his roommates or a guy from the other bedroom in the suite, he wasted no time. He pulled an object out of the cargo pocket on his jams and stuffed it in his dresser drawer under his jeans. I can’t believe I found it! He was thrilled and he couldn’t wait to tell Carrie! It really hadn’t been hard to find at all. Down at the beach, in the debris-free sand, he had come across a patch of seaweed, laid out on top of the sand. When he looked at it, the seaweed formed the letter B. That seemed strange. Did “B” stand for Bachelor? He dug in the sand below the seaweed and sure enough, there it was, a Hidden Immunity Idol, wrapped in burlap and tied with rope. He laughed when he unwrapped it. Inside, instead of a Polynesian ingot, he found a small wooden doll. It was a man dressed in a Tuxedo, a groom, ready for the top of a wedding cake! Now that was funny! He chuckled as he stretched
out on his bed. Wouldn’t Carrie be surprised?

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:17 am

Mackey_34

Renee, Kathleen, Marlee and M were enjoying their relaxing time in the sun by the pool; they had a Scrabble game going and, of course, M was winning. "Gosh, M, how in the world do you come up with such unusual words, do you read the dictionary every day?" Kathleen asked jokingly. "Ah...no, I just like words, that's all," replied M shyly. She was the only bachelorette who wasn't wearing a bikini; she was wearing a dark blue one piece with a towel wrapped around her waist; Renee was wearing a gold bikini, Kathleen and red one and Marlee a light green; all looked quite lovely in their bikinis and of course had perfect figures. M knew she was slightly overweight; she had been trying to lose the extra 15 pounds she had recently put on.

Suddenly, from around the corner, comes this loud voice, "Oh there you are! M, what in the world are you doing here?" M looks up and coming towards her is her boss, Jesse, in full stride in brown slacks with a dark blue polo. "OMGosh," the other girls exclaim "who is that OmGosh handsome hunk" asks Kathleen. The other girls are starring at this unbelievable handsome man whose body is to die for. They are beside themselves! "Oh no, my boss!" cries M, "He's not supposed to know I'm here. H e thinks I'm visiting my mother!" She turns her head and blushes, looking down. Jesse stands right in front of her, takes her hand and says, "M, come with me, please, we need to talk, I need you." He begins pulling her away, gently, still holding her hand, saying "I've been looking all over the world for you. Do you have any idea how many people I've had to call until I was able to find out where you were? M, what are you doing here?" He stops and gets close to her looking down at her with his face, lips just inches from her lips.

They leave the pool area and head toward the Jaguar he has parked at the curb, opens the door and says, "Get in. I need to talk to you." M stands and looks at him. "I'm on vacation, Mr. Jacobi. You knew I was going to be gone for several weeks. We talked about that just before I left. We had this on our calendars for over 4 months, don't you remember? I'm
not going with you, I'm on vacation!" "You mean not even if I need you M, and I really, really, really need you! I've got this account (he grabs a red file) that I don't know anything about. You need to come with me now." "Let me see the file, Mr. Jacobi." She gently takes the file from him and looks it over, looks up at him and says, "Mr. J, this account g
oes back 5 years, we have had a contract with this company for 5 years now. I don't see what the problem is, we provide them with our top wines each year at Christmas as presents for their clients and employees. They have added to the list every year since and the account is now one of Jacobi's top money makers." ......"Oh, ah...I must have picked up the wrong file." "Stop, Mr. J, I'm not going to be snookered by you again! You did this last year, the year before that, and the year before that. Every time I take a vacation, you find some way to get me back before I've been gone 3 days and I haven't lasted over 3 days before I have to come back."

...........To be Continued

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:18 am

Mackey_34

M starts walking towards the villa, but she turns and walks back to him, stands in front of him. "Mr. J, how did you find out where I was?" "I called your Mom, she gave me your sister's phone number, and she told me you were on Bachelor Survivor; I then called ABC, got in touch with Chris, and here I am, that's how!" "You called Chris and talked to him? Why?" “Well....because...ah, you belong to me, M. You don't need all these macho guys getting all hot and bothered over you. You need me to protect you. You can't handle these guys, they are out for one thing and one thing only, that's why!" "And, how would you know that Mr. J?" "Ah...ah....ah....well, I was a bachelor once a couple years ago." "YOU WERE A BACHELOR a couple years ago? And how come I didn't know anything about that, Mr. J?" "Well....welllllll...that's when I said I was going to Europe for 3 months." "And you did go to Europe? Bye, Mr. j., I'm on vacation!"

M walks away as Chris approaches them, stopping Jesse as he tries to follow M into the Villa.

.....................To be Continued

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:18 am

Mackey_34

Earlier in the day, Jesse had gotten in touch with Chris explaining that he was M's boss and that he needed to get in touch with her concerning a work related incident but to also see if she was okay. He had explained to Chris that M was like family and knowing her as he did, he was afraid for her safety. This alarmed Chris, so he had Jesse meet with him, listened to him, but decided that M was there on her on accord, so he had denied Jesse access to M.

With Chris, as he approached Jesse, was his friend, FBI agent Brian. "Jesse, I thought I told you to stay away from Mary-Margaret, why did you go against my advice that you leave her alone?" Well, Chris like it told you I had some work related issues I had to discuss with her, and I know her better than do Chris and I don't think she should be here among all these wolves; she's too delicate, she can't take care of herself, she's my responsibility and I'm not going to allow her to get in over her head." "Okay, Jesse, let me ask you
something. Are you concerned about M because she is your employee or because you feel it is your duty to take care of her, which is it? "I care for her, Chris, of course!"
"Okay, in what way do you care for her Jesse? Is she like family or someone you have romantic feelings towards?" Jesse looks surprised and is taken aback. He's thinking, Romantic feelings? Gosh, she's so special, so tender, so giving, so very beautiful. Jesse looks directly at Chris, "Yes, I have deep romantic feelings for her and I'm just beginning to understand that." Chris smiles, "Obviously, M doesn't know of these feelings you have for her. Do you know her feelings towards you? Has she ever told you of her feelings?" "No, but she does care for me. When I was so sick last year, she moved into my house and took care of me and she's always putting me first." "Well, Jesse, I think it's about time for you to express these feelings you have for her, but you are going to have to wait until I say it's okay. I want you to meet Brian, he was M's first night date and he and M had a connection. I am giving him a chance to take this to another level with her, but it will be up to her, if she stays or goes with you. Now come with me and we will work out some plans for how you will be allowed access to her with the promise that you will tell her how you feel about her and court her, Jesse! Let's go!”

........To be continued

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 am

super193016

oooh...good reading! The story
just gets better and better...look forward to tomorrow's installments...

S
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 am

Mackey_34

After Chris had placated Jesse, he turns to Brian and says, "Brian, my friend, I guess you're wondering why I asked you to return to the Bachelor Survivor." "Yes, I'm eager to see what you have in store for me now, Chris." Well, it's two-foaled. I'm noticing that Mary-Margaret just isn't circulating and getting to know the bachelors or even the bachelorettes. I noticed that there just might be a connection there between the two of you and wanted to see if you would be interested." Smiling, Brian said, "Did Gwen put you up to this again, Chris, is this another attempt at matchmaking?" Laughing, Chris replied, "Well, it won't hurt to try! But, there is another reason. There is a bachelorette named Toni who wishes to interview you. She came to me and asked if you might be willing to give her some inside information on the sting operation in the extortion case. I told her I would ask you and if you're willing, maybe you could talk to her." "Chris, sure I'll be happy to talk with her, but until I see what this is for, it'll have to be off the record, I don't want to jeopardize this case before it goes to court. As for Mary-Margaret, yes she's a sweet, lovely girl, but I'm not sure of my feelings for her. You know how I feel so protective of my sister, and I just may be transferring some of that protectiveness towards Mary-Margaret. I do want to talk to her and see if I can encourage her to give this Bachelor Survivor a try. How about that?"

They agreed that Brian would meet with both M and Toni. Chris had to get ready to gather all the contestants together for the next phase of Bachelor Survivor.

................To be continued

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:20 am

SmartandTruthful

OK, ladies, I’m moving on! As Mackey said, we can always use flashbacks, if anyone has something to add! I’m moving Brian into the Men’s Villa with the understanding he may
be coming and going! Lubs, S&T

Chris arrived at the Women’s Villa at 10 O’clock on Wednesday morning. He looked well rested and refreshed. When all twenty ladies were gathered in the living room, he made his announcement. “Good Morning, Ladies! It looks like you have gotten some rest and are all settled in! That’s good, because today we will be taking a field trip. This afternoon at 2, we’ll be leaving the Island for one of San Diego’s most famous sites. It’s called Old Town. You’ll find out more about that later, but just so you know, you’ll be going on a Scavenger Hunt there!”

(A scavenger hunt? Gee, I haven’t been on one of those in years! What in the world? Shucks! I’m terrible at Scavenger Hunts! These were some of the thoughts flashing through the Bachelorettes’ heads.)

“Ladies, just be ready at 2.” Chris talked briefly with the girls, making sure everyone was comfortable and said he’d be back later.

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 pm

SmartandTruthful

Before Chris had visited the Bachelorettes, he had already made a similar announcement at the Bachelor’s pad. The difference was that with the guys, Chris had handed out a ballot that read:

Based on your first impressions, write down:

The 4 Bachelorettes you’d most like to know.

1)

2)

3)

4)

The 1 Bachelorette not for you:

1)

While the guys worked on filling in the form, Chris acknowledged the fact that Brian had moved back into the house. “Brian left before under unusual circumstances that were related to his job. Please make him feel at home with you and, because of the nature of his work, he may have to leave us at times during this process.”

When Chris collected the ballots, he told the guys. “You’ll find out what these are for later. See you at 1:30. Then we’ll pick up the Bachelorettes.”

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:54 pm

SmartandTruthful

When the buses carrying the Bachelors and Bachelorettes arrived at Old Town, later that day, they got an initial impression of a large cluster of adobe buildings of various heights with interesting wrought iron windows and balconies, topped by russet Spanish-tiled roofs. A spokesperson for the historic site greeted them and invited them out of the sun, into a cool Spanish-style bar. The Barra Barra Saloon oozed with old Mexican charm and a dark, comfortable atmosphere. The guests were offered a choice of their famous Margaritas or a selection of local ales. Once the refreshments were served, including generous baskets of tortilla chips accompanied by bowls of salsa and guacamole, the spokesperson introduced herself.

“Welcome, Bachelors and Bachelorettes, Old Town is honored to have you as our guests for the day. My name is Mandy Garcia and I’m going to give you some information about Old Town and then you will be getting on your way. Old Town is actually considered “the birthplace of California.” On the hills above this site, Father Junipero Serra established the very first mission in what is now California. It was the beginning of a chain of missions that would be key in the development of this land by the sea. A small Mexican community of adobe buildings sprang up on this site, below the mission. Old Town includes the former homes of many prominent citizens. The homes have now become shops, restaurants, and other attractions. We hope you enjoy your visit to Old Town today.” With that brief, but interesting introduction, Mandy turned things back to Chris Harrison.

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:55 pm

SmartandTruthful

Chris thanked Mandy and turned to say, “Today will be another first for The Bachelor series. You will be embarking on a Scavenger Hunt around Old Town. To make things easier, you will be divided into five teams, according to the Limo numbers you arrived in on Monday night. Most teams will have eight members, but if you are one over or one short, remember in Bachelor Survivor “Almost all’s fair in love and war!” To compete in this Challenge, you’ll definitely need some Survivorskills – outwitting, outplaying, and outlasting!” Chris chuckled.

"Now for the rules of our Scavenger Hunt! You will have one hour to complete the first round of this Challenge. Each team will be given an identical list of 40 items to find around Old Town. In addition, each team will be given $50 for the task, and you may buy or borrow items, but you may not steal! We want to be considered good guests at Old Town, so please be respectful of everyone you encounter. We will meet back here when your timer marks the one hour deadline. I suggest you assign a teammate as a Timekeeper to keep an eye on the clock. Your team may split up to find particular items, but if you do that, you’ll need a plan to get back together. Each of you will be given a cloth shopping bag to carry items and you may drop off larger items here during the hour at your Team’s Table. Each team will also be issued a map of Old Town and only two walkie-talkies, so use them wisely. The two teams that return on time with the most items will compete in the second round of our Scavenger Hunt. The prize for the winning team will be a coveted individual date on Friday night for each team member with the Bachelor or Bachelorette of his or her choice. OK, get together with your teams.”

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:55 pm

SmartandTruthful

A few minutes later, everyone had regrouped by teams at tables marked with signs:

Team 1

Amelia, Emily, Marty, Mehreen

Sam, Cliff, Spin, Brad

Team 2

Renee, Kathleen, Mary-Margaret,
Marlee

Mark, Steven, Jackson, Ross, Brian

Team 3

Mimi, Bryanne, Rayne, Pamela, Toni

Roman, Martin, Leo, Will

Team 4

Faith, Amy, Michelle

Jesse, Johnny, Joe, Bill

(Just to keep things straight – this Jesse is the guy with
the Beatle haircut who arrived in a limo, not M’s Jesse, the winery-owner!)

Team 5

Jennarosa, Penina, Lindsey, Carrie

Troy, Corey, Greg, Charlie

The viewing audience knew it wouldbe interesting to see the 41 Bachelors and Bachelorettes in action. Who would be leaders? Who would befollowers? Who could “think outside of the box?” Etc.,Etc. Chris announced, “Each team needs to send me a Timekeeper who willreceive the Timer and the list of items. Your other supplies are on yourTeam Table. Oh, and one other thing, you may use anything that you havebrought along with you today.” When the Timekeepers had the necessary items, Chris called out, “On your mark . . .get set . . . go!”

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:00 pm

IHL_1

Awe Mackey....I remember you
now...you're the one who writes such sweet sweet romantic situations...I
remember the Jerry Ferris romance...the high school sweetheart romance....so
tender....so sweet...now we have Mary-Margaret and Brian-Jesse
romance.....Makes my heart skip a beat thinking of a love connection beginning
to happen...I was pulling for Mary-Margaret and Brian....now I'm pulling for Mary-Margaret
and Jesse.....good job....love it!

S&T...now we have two people
with something hidden....I get it now...they are the ones who were chosen in
the beginning as "safe" ....can't remember what you called it...but
now I understand....Now we have a scavenger hunt...oh boy...oh boy...oh
boy! Looking forward to this.....Tks so much....I'm hooked...gotta keep
reading! Izzy
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:00 pm

SmartandTruthful

Awwww, thanks, Izzy! Yes,
Carrie and Charlie were the ones who had Individual Immunity at the first Rose
Ceremony, unbeknownst to anyone else! They are both avid Survivor fans
and are using that knowledge to try to get ahead of the game. So far,
they are doing pretty well! Ha!

I’ve got a list of 40 things for
that Scavenger Hunt, but am having a heck of a time with getting them
posted. That will have to come later! Lubs, S&T
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:02 pm

SmartandTruthful

The five teams took time to scan the lists for the Scavenger Hunt:

1) a red ribbon
2) a wooden pencil

3) a vest
4) 6 marbles

5) a dog,
6) a pair of blue shoes

7) a cactus plant
8) a pumpkin

9) a silver bell
10) a piece of rope

11) a cup and saucer
12) a red cloth napkin

13) a wooden spoon
14) a striped poncho
15) a set of rosary beads
16) a tennis racket
17) a bouquet of daisies
18) a bottle of sunshine
19) a live goldfish
20) a set of maracas

21) a stamped letter
22) a deck of cards
23) a bag of popcorn
24) a black marker
25) a two dollar bill
26) a pizza cutter
27) a green candle
28) something made of lace

29) a black bear
30) a book written in Spanish

31) a four-leaf clover
32) a map of San Diego

33) a can of paint
34) a stop sign

35) a pack of gum
36) a pair of white shorts

37) a rainbow
38) a nice stranger

39) a baseball card
40) a photo of your team at Old Town.

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:03 pm

SmartandTruthful

Team 1 was huddled around the Scavenger Hunt List. “Does anyone have any of these things on them?” Sam asked. “Well, I’m wearing a pair of white shorts,” said Amelia. “Ok,” said Brad, who had been assigned Team 1 Timekeeper, “That’s one thing off the list. Hey, anyone have a wooden pencil or a black marker?” Emily pulled a pencil out of her purse and Marty came up with a black marker. “Great,” said Brad. “Now we have three things on the list. He used the black marker to check off items #2, 24, and 26. I guess I might as well keep track of the list, along with the time.” “I have my camera along. We can take care of the team photo,” volunteered Mehreen. “All right! That’s #40. We’re off to a good start.” “Let’s take that picture,” said Spin. “Hey, Chris,” he called. “Can you help us out?” Chris Harrison came over and took a photo of Team 1. “Does anyone have anything else on the list?” asked Marty. “I always carry a four-leaf clover in my wallet,” said Cliff. “I have a birthday card for my best friend in my purse and it has a stamp on it. That should count as a stamped letter,” offered Emily. “OK, that’s #21 and #31,” said Brad. “That makes 6 things already. Six out of forty, pretty good.” “Now let’s figure out how we’re going to get the rest,” said Spin, spreading out the map of Old Town

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:04 pm

SmartandTruthful

Team 4 had discovered that they had only one item. Faith had brought a piece of red ribbon, “Because every time I’ve been on a Scavenger Hunt, they seem to have a piece of red ribbon on the list!” Michelle, who worked as an accountant was the Timekeeper and would be keeping the list as well. “Good thinking!” said Johnny, who had produced a pen with black ink for Michelle’s use. “Geez, we don’t even have a pencil or a black marker!” Jesse said. “We’d better get going!” said Bill. Should we spit up, or all go together?" Amy had an idea, “Hey, is there a toy store in Old Town? Maybe we can get some of these things as toys. Things like a dog, a black bear, marbles, a pumpkin, a rainbow. You know how kids carry around all sorts of littleplastic objects. Sometimes erasers are made in shapes, too! They’ll also have pencils and markers.” “Good idea,” said Jesse. “That’s thinking out of the box!” Amy looked up at him, smiling, and blushing. “How about if we split up? One group can check out the Toy Store and I do see there is one on the map, maybe even two. The rest of us can start exploring for other items. If each group has a walkie talkie, we can keep track of what we have. The group agreed that was a good idea. Amy, Faith, and Johnny headed for the Toy Store. Michelle, Joe, Jesse, and Bill decided to check out a grocery store and see what else they came across along the way.

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:05 pm

SilverLin2

Flashback to Tuesday afternoon:

Rayne knew she didn’t really want to sleep on the couch in the sitting room for another night, and especially for the next 8 weeks. She surmised that surely somewhere along the line, girls would be getting eliminated, which would free up beds, but WHO KNEW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN!!?? The rules of this Bachelor season had been changed around, and at this point ANYTHING could happen.

So…not knowing what was to come or what ANY of the girls’ status might be, Rayne decided she had to work something to get herself off the couch.
Okay, who do I WANT to room with? Rayne thought of each of the girls, had a hard time remembering some of them, one because there were so many, two, because Joel was such a difficult escort last night that she couldn’t concentrate on meeting others. …………… and then along came Leo. Sigh…. Leo. She wondered how he was doing this morning, and if he’d thought of her as much as she did him in the hours since he had defended her, and for all intents and purposes, eliminated Joel. ….But stop now, Rayne, figure out your sleeping situation!

She came to the conclusion that she honestly preferred to stay with her core group of girls, the ones she rode in with last night. They were bright, honest, level-headed … all in all, a good bunch of roomies. Except for Mimi!

Then it has to be Mimi that goes, Rayne realized. Now how to find an empty bed, and a way to convince Mimi that moving into that bed would be in her best interest?

The problem had found its own solution, it seemed, when Mimi virtually skipped into the kitchen from outside and half-apologetically, half-joyfully told her four limo-companions that she had just been talking to Kathleen, M, Renee and Marlee while they played scrabble. Mimi was downright excited!

“See, they’ve got two rooms among the 4 of them, so there’re actually 2 extra beds. And here’s the best part, girlfriends…………..”

Toni and Pamela, both pretty serious-minded women, kind of looked at each other questioningly, and wordlessly thought ~~ “Girlfriends?”

But Mimi carried on: “You all know Jackson and I were drawn to each other with a special kind of magnetism last night, right?”

Bryanne teasingly said, “You mean the magnet that magically pulls tall people into each other’s arms and onto each other’s lips?”

Mimi seemed to ignore that and went on: “Well, as Jackson and I were spending so much time together last night, his limo-buddies would come around and talk about the girls they liked. And GUESS WHAT?! “

She was pulling them in like to a secret, leaning in toward the other 4, and
speaking in a loud whisper ~~ “Those girls are the ones playing Scrabble!!! “

Rayne, Bryanne, Toni and Pamela looked at her as if to say, “ ……… AND???”

Mimi was exasperated with them! “Don’t you get it … if THOSE guys are Jackson’s buds, and they like THOSE girls, they’ll be trying to get close to them, which means ……… where will JACKSON most likely be? ………………..WITH THOSE GUYS OF COURSE???!!!!”

Finally, Rayne said, “OOOOHHHH, so……….. if you want to get closer to Jackson, you’ve gotta be closer to THOSE girls!!!”

“WELL YEAH!!” Mimi almost shouted. Then she stood up straight, said she was sorry to leave them, but love came first, gave them all air kisses, and dashed upstairs to gather her things to move into the other girls’ suite.

“Well, thank you Lord!” Rayne said smilingly as she looked at the other 3 girls who could hardly contain their chuckles. The 4 of them ventured outside to the wide expanse of beach for some sun.

Thus Rayne ended up sharing a room with Bryanne, Pamela and Toni, and she didn’t have to do much finagling or maneuvering or negotiating after all!

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:05 pm

Oops, duplicate!

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:06 pm

SilverLin2

When all the bach/ettes had been gathered to hear Chris talk about their day, there were a couple of the members of Team 3 who weren’t paying very good attention ~~ their minds were elsewhere.

Toni was looking around at the gaggle of guys, intermixed among the girls. She was looking for a particular handsome, strawberry blonde, athletic guy. Now, Chris said he’d see about getting him to come back to the fold, Toni thought. At the same time, Brian was purposely standing ½ hidden behind Leo, who had pointed out to him which one was Toni. Brian wanted to be prepared for Toni’s approach, if that should indeed happen.

Brian was good at what he did. He was wearing sunglasses that hid his eye movements, and while Toni was scanning the faces of the guys, he could see her every turn of the head, he watched her lift her hand to shade her eyes, he noticed her body language that was guarded yet graceful. He mused about how lean and strong her body was …. perhaps she was a runner, too. He shook himself out of his reverie, when he noticed that at that moment she was looking right at him. Knock it off, dude! He told himself. Caution!!!

Toni saw him! And was so glad he was here! Was he looking at her? She couldn’t tell behind those sunglasses, but it seemed so, so she smiled and nodded. Lo and behold, he nodded back, ever so slightly.

Brian was caught off-guard when she smiled and nodded at him, and all he could do was nod back. He then turned his attention back to Chris, but it was too late ~~ he’d missed just about all of Chris’ directions! Damn, he had not wanted to be sticking out like a sore thumb today, either for being too smart and logical, or for being too illiterate about how to play “Scavenger Hunt.” He was not good at games already, and now he might be at a disadvantage.

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:07 pm

SilverLin2

Mimi was likewise distracted by Jackson and thoughts of wanting only to get this game over with, so maybe they could have some more time together. However, she also was no dope! And she figured that if her team won, she could win the one-on-one date with Jackson. He’s looking at me! She waved over to him with a little Valley Girl tips-of-the-finger wave. HE’S PROBABLY THINKING THE SAME THING! She mused, and at that moment Jackson gave her a thumbs-up, and pointed at himself, then at her, as if to say, You and me, let’s rock this thing!

Mimi’s lips curled into a big smile, she turned her attention to Chris, and inched forward in the group so that she could get her team rolling as soon as Chris gave the OK.

Meanwhile, eo and Rayne had gravitated toward each other, and were standing side-by-side, listening to Chris, ready as well to win this scavenger hunt, so they could get
the one-on-one tonight.

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:07 pm

SmartandTruthful

Team 5 took a different approach. The minute they had their timer and list, they gathered up their bags and took off. They figured they could talk things over on the run, so to speak. Lindsey was their Timekeeper and she started reading the list of items out loud as they moved away from Barra Barra and headed toward the central plaza. “A piece of red ribbon, a wooden pencil, a vest, 6 marbles, a dog . . . “Meanwhile, Corey was checking out the map to refresh his memory. He and Troy had been to Old Town many times, since they had grown up in San Diego. Team 5 had the Home Town Advantage!

While the list was being read, Jennarosa and Penina pulled out their keychains. As young girls they had started a collection when they went on vacations with their families. They found that wherever they went, there were interesting keychains that made good souvenirs. Over the years, they had added more keychains and also had them given to them by friends, and family, until they now were almost a hazard to carry around. They weighed a ton and took up a lot of room in their purses, so they didn't usually carry them around. However, since they kind of considered them a good luck charm, they had brought them with them to Bachelor Survivor and had had an inkling they could be useful today. Now the girls realized they could really come in handy.

When Team 5 reached the fountain in the Central Plaza, they sat down to determine their plan. “OK,” said Jennarosa, “Penny and I have a lot of those things right here on our keychains. I have a deck of cards from Las Vegas, a Black Bear from visiting Black Bear Lake, a tennis racket – I love to play tennis, a dog, and a cactus. Do you think these will count?” She pulled the keychains she was referring to off of her main chain. Penina said, “And I have a stop sign from when I learned how to drive, a cup and saucer because I love to drink tea, a silver bell for Christmas, a pumpkin for Halloween, a four-leaf clover for St. Patrick’s day – what can I say, I’m into holidays! - Oh, and a rainbow – got to love rainbows!” “Hey, you know, I think these would count!’ said Charlie. “Gee, I don’t know,” said Greg. “I think they would,” said Carrie. “Look, the deck of cards is raised and a little metal flap opens and metal cards come out – a King of Spades, a Queen of Hearts, a Jack of Diamonds, and an Ace of clubs. I mean, they’re miniature, but they are cards.” “Yes,” said Troy. “And the bear and dog are shaped like a bear and dog, so are a lot of these. They should count.” “I think they do, too,” said Lindsey. “Anyone have something to write with?” Greg pulled a black felt tip pen out of his pocket. “Hey this can count as our black marker!” said Lindsey, beginning to check off all of the items represented by the key chains and the black marker. “Does anyone have anything else on the list?” asked Corey. “I guess this counts as a vest,” said Carrie, who had thrown a gauzy sleeveless shirt over her cami. The shirt only had three buttons and was shaped like a vest. “OK, we have a vest!” said Charlie, smiling at Carrie. He couldn’t wait to have some time alone with her so they could talk. Lindsey ran a quick tally, “That means we now have 14 things and I know I have a pack of gum. So, that’s 15. 15 down and 25 to go!”

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:08 pm

SmartandTruthful

Amy, Faith, and Johnny reached the Toy Store and decided to split up and just go up and down each aisle, seeing what they could find. They had $25 to buy things and they really wished Old Town had a dollar store, but knew the Toy Store could be a bonanza if they looked carefully. “OK, Johnny, you go to aisles 9–12. Faith, you take aisles 1-4 and I’ll do 5-8.” Amy sounded like a General, briefing her troops. “Remember, try to find small, inexpensive items. Faith, you have the party aisle. There may be lots of good stuff there. My aisles include dolls, so I’m thinking dollhouse stuff. Johnny, you have seasonal stuff, so who knows what you’ll find, but let’s all take 15 minutes and meet back here. Everyone, remember to look at the items in those little bags they hang randomly from the shelves – you never know what they’ll have. And someone find the marbles and a jumprope! Oh, and load up anything you find that might be good. We can compare what we find and we only have to buy what works best! Let’s make Team 4 proud!” They each grabbed a small shopping cart, put their totebags and other belongings in the top compartment, and headed out into the store.

To Be Continued . . .

Last edited by SmartandTruthful on Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartandTruthful Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:08 pm

SmartandTruthful

The rest of Team 4, was gradually working their way through Old Town. They had made friends at a restaurant and had been able to borrow a cactus plant, a red cloth napkin, a green candle, a pizza cutter and a wooden spoon. The restaurant manager had been really cool about it. They promised to return the items promptly later in the day. Michelle walkie-talkied these finds to Amy, so the other half of the team didn’t waste time looking for the same things. “Forty more minutes,” she reminded Amy at the end of the call. “Boy, we did good!” said Jesse. “Yes, and it didn’t cost us a dime,” said Joe. “It helped that you work at a restaurant, Joe. That guy loved the idea you are a chef at Miami Heat!” said Bill, patting Joe on the back. “Oh, my goodness!’ said Michelle. Here comes a guy in a striped poncho!” Bill stepped forward, “Hi there! We have a big favor to ask. . . “

A few minutes later a “nice stranger” who happened to be “wearing a striped poncho” had joined Team 4!

To Be Continued . . .
SmartandTruthful
SmartandTruthful
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top