Bachelor in Paradise...new season

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor in Paradise...new season - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor in Paradise...new season

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:04 pm

I didn't know there was a reunion.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor in Paradise...new season - Page 8 Empty Re: Bachelor in Paradise...new season

Post by skt8word Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:15 pm

I usually thought of it as the "after show," but apparently ABC is calling it the reunion.  It will be the day after the season premiere of DWTS.  

So DWTS premieres on the 16th, and BIP Reunion is set for the day after  on the 17th.  I don't know if ABC has done it like that before.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:52 pm

Okay, thanks.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:45 pm

Does anybody remember where any of these people work or what they do? They all have left their jobs multiple times to be on these shows. Chris has been on BIP what 3 or 4 times? How do they make money? Now Dean is traveling around in a van. I do remember from before that he worked as a recruiter. Something was mentioned about Hannah G. being a social worker. I can't even imagine that as wishy-washy as she is. Angela said Clay spent 4 hours a day at the gym. That's pretty hard to do if you are employed. Then Clay said all Angela wanted was to be a wife and mother and their 'ambitions' didn't align. I guess he thinks having muscles is the same as ambition. WTH do these people do?
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:44 pm

It's interesting you brought that up because it crossed my mind to look for a list of all their occupations yesterday  out of curiosity LOL, but I haven't so far.  Because somebody refreshed my memory that JPJ is a financial analyst, but I didn't know that he allegedly makes $85K.  Huh?  I wonder what his clients or his employer's clients will think if they watch him on this show lol.  It's funny that as a financial analyst, he mistakenly said he's been looking for a wife for 18 years -- I guess he was under the influence of something  lol.  I seem to recall Hannah G. had the caption of "content creator" during Colton's season.  I didn't know she's a social worker too.  I know she's done modeling and I recently ran across an ad that she is in.

They all get paid between $7K and $15K for being on BIP, depending on how long they stay.  That's for a maximum of about 3 weeks of filming.  So since Clay became involuntarily unemployed, I suppose he works out 4 hours a day to prepare for the day  if and when he can go back into football  lol.  He probably has a lot of savings.  I didn't like that he said Angela wants to be a wife and mother and implied she doesn't have other ambitions.  It was also odd that he wanted Angela to go to the gym with him to the extent they still argued about it on BIP as if it were one reason he eventually broke up with her.   Back to their occupations.  So I also heard Dean got a lot of success in business but I don't know a lot of the details.  Chris B. said in his intro package for BIP that he owns four restaurants.  This is his 6th time being on a bachelor franchise show.

But I heard many of them don't go back to their prior jobs.  That's why they have to sell things on social media, etc. and some of them make a lot of money that way.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Oh. you're right, skt.  Many of them are using their celebrity on social media.  I think it was Tanner and Jade that have made tons of $$$$.  I suppose Dean had a good enough job he could have saved enough to take some time off.  Now while he is single and young I guess that is a good time to do it.

I momentarily forgot that most of them are looking for celebrity and counting on that instead of going back to jobs.  lol Duh
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:19 pm

I think Clay said he had been turned down by the football deal. Maybe there is a chance in the future, I don't know. I can see why he is still single. Anybody who is that focused on working out or anything else that takes time away from a balanced life, is kind of selfish. All he does is focus on himself. Most of the guys there seem to be into body building and the girls are equally as focused on their looks. Nothing wrong with looking good and having a healthy life style, but most seem too focused on that and seem superficial.

thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:07 pm

I had read again very recently that most of them don't go back to their jobs:).  I think you're right about Dean.
He told Angela he thought maybe he would have to take care of her Rolling Eyes [financially since she wants to be a wife and mother].  She responded to him that she never asked him to do any of that.  He said when he didn't make NFL roster, he started to think what he's doing the rest of his life.  So maybe he re-evaluated his life, got anxious and didn't think he could commit to Angela anymore.  But he never told her he loved her either.  
It sounded like he felt  almost entitled to stay at paradise without Angela there just because he was there first and got a significant other there first.  I don't know how he could  expect her not to go there.  But I suppose he hadn't watched the show much, was focused on football.
Yeah we see a lot of them body building or working out.  probably a lot of them don't go a day without working out.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:02 pm

It seems pretty extreme to work out 4 hours a day. That doesn't leave time for other things in your life. Expecting Angela to join him in the gym that long seems pretty self centered. I don't think he would compromise one bit.

It's easy to see why some of these people aren't in long term relationships.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:04 pm

I just saw a clip of tonight's episode where JPJ takes Tayshia to the 'Paradise Prom'. No way would she be allowed to wear a dress like that to any prom. Not sure she should be wearing it anywhere. She's is almost jiggling out of it. Giggle
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:25 pm

4 hours a day sounds crazy.  Maybe it's not as unusual for football or NFL players, but to expect a girlfriend/fiance/wife to go with him is expecting too much.  Clay told her doesn't have to stay there 4 hours.  I don't know what she's supposed to do, then.  That's still a huge time commitment for what would have been probably every single day.

Mule, where did you see the clip?  I saw an episode description yesterday  about JPJ taking her to a "prom" and I just thought, does he think he's still in high school?  lol
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:10 pm

it's on fb Bachelor in Paradise I tried to post the video here but can't.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:29 pm

Okay, thanks Mule.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:03 pm

I believe Clay said he wouldn't have gone on BIP if Angela were there first or if he knew she would be on.  He just thought it was awkward for both of them given their circumstances.  Honestly, Angela doesn't strike me as the mom and housewife sort.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:05 pm

Clay doesn't really strike me as a selfish person given what he put up with, with Nicole dating someone else.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:28 am

JPJ does it again...BUUUURP He is so childish. I don't see Tayshia being very serious with him. I think she's just going with the flow of paradise and having some fun. Not sure I could ever kiss a guy who did the things JPJ does. What a mood killer.

Why does Kristian think she can put her hands on everyone like that? It's creepy. Why would Demi interpret that as flirting when these other girls are not gay? Demi looked so pretty tonight. She didn't seem to mind pda when she was with Derek.

I'm actually glad Caelynn left with Dean. They make a great looking couple. Time will tell if he can change. Kristina didn't need to go stir the pot with him. She just seems so angry and wants everyone else to be as miserable as she is.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:34 am

I wonder if Caelynn will be too high maintenance for Dean.  I know she is taken with him, but there is something about them that doesn't seem right.  He seems more funky than her and she comes across as more straight and conventional, but who knows?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Kristina pretty much conned Blake. I saw this today. Twisted Evil

"Kristina told Blake off, told all his business, cock-blocked him multiple times, manipulated him to get friendship roses over people he actually likes, made him fall for then said nah I'm good."
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:16 pm

Where was that, mule?  Well, it's very much in the realm of possibility Crying or Very sad.  She manipulated him before, and her body language during that day soon before the date showed she didn't want Blake.  I thought maybe it was a case of too little, too late to Kristina.  So I can forget that idea ...

Demi's another one not being truthful (again).  She said she's not touchy/doesn't like to touch people.  Wasn't she giving Colton a massage on his season?  Or maybe it doesn't count since she wasn't genuinely interested in him.  (She eventually admitted on a couple podcasts that she only told Colton she was falling in love with him so that she could stay.)  
Also, Demi now says she's not comfortable with PDA?  A few weeks ago she was already kissing Kristian on TV.  I guess cameramen, producers, and other crew people around at the time don't count as it being PDA. Scratch
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:44 pm

skt, the thing about Kristina looked like it came from instagram. I saw it on a site called Bach Chat Forum no spoilers. I thought it summed up Kristina quite well.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:13 pm

Thank you, Mule.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:01 pm

Are there any windmills in Paradise? Laughing Confused Rose Sunny 1 Love Blow kisses
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:34 am

4 couples are left.  One windmill per couple. Love Woo hoo : Fireworks  Pickle dance Sorry

Giggle
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:45 pm

Tayshia and JPJ could have their own reality show, especially JPJ.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:22 am

Yes, there were times when I enjoyed watching JPJ, but I could do without all the gross stuff he did. He seems so goofy and playful. I'm sure there is much more to him and it would be nice to see other sides of him. He seemed totally comfortable in the times like when he put the crown on his head and said he was the king of the world, and reciting poetry. I think he is quite theatrical. I think he could be a good entertainer, but I get tired of his stoner persona. He was an honor graduate in college and I'd like to know more about that too.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top