Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:08 am

I guess now that everyone's seen the episode, it is OK to make a comment. Can someone, anyone, tell me what Brooks said last night? I did not understand one word that came out of his mouth. From the body language and the gestures you could tell he could not commit to Des at this point, but are we not entitled to understand the dialogue? Sorry, really disappointed...No 

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by singlyme Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:22 am

Oh.  My.  Word.  Two HUGE problems here.

How can she be in love with Brooks yet kiss Drew ad nauseum?  That was an uncomfortable amount of lip-locking.  And when he told the camera guy it was time to leave them, I got a flash of control freak.  The way things were going in the fantasy suite, I was led to believe "the deed" would be done.  It just didn't sit well with me (whether the deed was done or not) that she was SO into kissing Drew when she's supposed to be in love with Brooks.

Second, was the relentless crying - for what?  Forty minutes?  I thought it would never end.  Did they stretch out the initial conversation and the ensuing blubber-fest?  I suppose it could've gone down in real time, but as a viewer - too much!  I'm thinking I groaned and rolled my eyes a time or two.

Brooks wanted a gut reaction to her - that "thrill" feeling.  I could see that.  And his being upset at hurting her so deeply was believable.  But I'm afraid I couldn't get past how "into" kissing Drew she was.  **Note to newto - Keep the closed captioning on.  I USED it and didn't miss a word. 

Chris seemed like a phantom on last night's episode.  Do you suppose they did more than watch stars?  I'm sure they didn't stay in that tub all night.  All that kissing with Drew STILL bothers me.  When I was in love, kissing someone else like that would've been repugnant.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:32 am

Singly, you said so much that I was thinking as well. The BF was sitting in the living room with me last night and even he was getting grossed out by Des and all the kissing when she claims to be in love with Brooks. She doesn't seem to be cluing anyone in to the fact that they aren't the F1 and people are going to get hurt. To totally be into making out with people you know you aren't going to be with in the end is kind of disturbing.

And as to that breakup scene? Dang! How many commercials ran through that thing? They could have ran the rest of the season during the time it took to break up with her. And I couldn't hear what was being said most of the time either....and I turned the volume up full blast to try to hear it. Next time I'll have to use that closed captions thing too. What I did find interesting is that what I DID hear was when Des told him she loved him and he said that she should have told him sooner and she said she couldn't.....AND...then she said "I was going to tell you today"...Whoa...I thought they weren't supposed to tell the one that they are going to choose that they love them in advance? I think there are a lot of conversations that go on that we aren't privy to that if heard we would have all turned off this show years ago. What a crock of bull. Just goes to show what some of us have been saying all along. This show is more scripted than sitcoms and definitely more manipulated. Why do I get the feeling this isn't the end and he comes back? Why else would tabloids be running stories that she is now engaged? I think TPTB want us all to think that this is the first season that the lead doesn't choose anyone in the end because they were dumped by the one they wanted? (Brad doesn't count because it was his choice to walk away alone)...this wreaks of a set up. All the early talk of her being in love with Brooks, him being so warm to her in the beginning and him growing colder as it gets near the end, her apparently being oblivious (or down right stupid) to this change in attitude, her wanting to not choose someone like Chris who is apparently so into her and is loving and caring and writes her dag gone poems for Christ's sake!!! Come on...I'm getting tired of the shows producers thinking we are so stupid. It's insulting! If he does come back and she gets engaged to him than I take back what I previously thought of Des and I will now think she has got to be one of the biggest idiots that ever joined the cast of this show. If this whole hot/cold, not in love, break up thing was just something acted out than I think this show ought to be laughed off the air.  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:21 am

I am so glad that I am not the only one who does not think last night was a set up. How can she be engaged and making her own wedding gown? She said she wants to go home. If he comes back on the live show and she takes him back. Well I know it is her life but if he walks out on her again which would not surprise me at all then please do not expect me to fill sorry for you. If they walk out once they will do it again. What has me ticked off she knew she can not give her heart to anyone but Brooks then shame on her for stringing Chris and Drew along. Why not take a couple of jerks along. To do this to two nice guys shame on you. Just remember what goes around comes around. Maybe she is not who I thought she is. This whole thing is wrong.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:23 am

I wish I had thought of the closed captions because I too could barely hear anything.  I think this was one of the worst episodes I have ever seen.  45 minutes of crying and more crying and only being able to hear a word here and there.  I get the impression  that if Brooks had known Des loved him, his feelings would have been different.  Really?  Usually I feel some pain for the person being dumped, but last night it was so long and boring how could you feel anything except wanting to get it over with?  At the end where Des went her way and Brooks went his I found it strange putting all that emphasis on Brooks while he is pacing and crying and wondering if he made a mistake.  He never even looked at the camera so I think it was all an act.  So if he ends up coming back, does that mean between one week and the next his feelings have changed dramatically and he is "in love"?  He even told CH that even if they have more time together Des is not "the one".  After everything that transpired between Des and Brooks last night, if Brooks is the F1 Des is a fool.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:39 am

sdreindeer wrote:I wish I had thought of the closed captions because I too could barely hear anything.  I think this was one of the worst episodes I have ever seen.  45 minutes of crying and more crying and only being able to hear a word here and there.  I get the impression  that if Brooks had known Des loved him, his feelings would have been different.  Really?  Usually I feel some pain for the person being dumped, but last night it was so long and boring how could you feel anything except wanting to get it over with?  At the end where Des went her way and Brooks went his I found it strange putting all that emphasis on Brooks while he is pacing and crying and wondering if he made a mistake.  He never even looked at the camera so I think it was all an act.  So if he ends up coming back, does that mean between one week and the next his feelings have changed dramatically and he is "in love"?  He even told CH that even if they have more time together Des is not "the one".  After everything that transpired between Des and Brooks last night, if Brooks is the F1 Des is a fool.

Amen. The only thing she took two nice guys to the end. That's what has me upset about. She said she could not love them like they love her. I don't care who you are or how you were raised that is wrong. Do not expect me to feel sorry when you get stomped on.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:11 am

And if Brooks does end up as F1, how is she going to face Drew and Chris at the ATR??  I realize every ending of this show a couple of the guys/gals get hurt, but for some reason this season just seems worse.  With Drew already being as emotional as he is, he is going to be hit like a ton of bricks.  She has led both of them on to the max.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:14 am

This is weird for me...usually I just feel indifferent to some of the idiocy that goes on in this show but after last night I have actually been kind of pissed off. Tired of this shows manipulation.  And you brought up a good point, rein...
"He even told CH that even if they have more time together Des is not "the one".
Exactly. I can understand being upset that you hurt someone but it makes no sense whatsoever to go on and on to CH (and if you remember, CH said numerous times to Brooks, "so what I'm hearing is....") and make it very clear to everyone that you don't love this girl and apparently never will and then come back and all the sudden you're in love? I say BS. It has to be all an act if after everything he said on camera he comes back and she takes him back. Can you imagine if it weren't an act and you hear someone you love say those awful things? I'd dump his a$$ right then and there!!!

And since I'm in a mood and on a roll, let me say this...For all of Des' brother ripping into Sean last season and calling him a womanizer maybe he needs to take a good look at his own sister's actions this season. Making out with every guy like he is the one and leading some nice guys on until the end when she is clearly in love with someone else and wouldn't even consider the other guys in the end. Can you imagine how these guys felt last night when they inevitably watched this unfold on tv like the rest of us? When Brooks leaves and she says it is all over for her and she wants to go home even though she has two guys left? Really. I'm hoping Zak is sitting back and thinking he really dodged a bullet but he seems super sensitive and it probably hurt him more seeing how she lead him on and apparently doesn't care.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:00 pm

Singly you brought up how much she was kissing Drew and I agree that they headed for the bed really fast but what about the way she climbed on top of Chris on the beach and was making out with him hot and heavy there? 

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 4 Photo-46_zpsd9dabad3
Also when they were in the ocean she had her legs rapped around him and they also were kissing plenty in the hot tub.  My advice to Chris is run as fast as you can from her you deserve much better!!

I am hoping the spoilers are right now because she doesn't deserve Chris or Drew for that matter. 

Rkc I agree with you about you said about her brother needing to take a look at his own sister after the way he ripped into Sean last season.  I have felt this way for quite awhile!  I don't know if playgirl is the right word but I won't say what is going through my mind!  Twisted Evil Hissy fit Yuck 

Last edited by SLA44 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Yes, Zack did dodged a bullet and so did Drew and Chris. I have lost so much respect for her. Also Sean dodged a bullet.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:21 pm

I grew up being taught right from wrong. There was not a gray area at all. There was not any PC it is just right or wrong. What I saw last night was wrong. The way she acted with the two other guys is selfish, and not acting like a lady. I am sure so many guys are saying man am I lucky. She Gogh upset with James wow wonder what he is thinking right now. Trust me what he said is no worse then what she has done. I am not sure I will watch next week. I do not want to see Drew and Chris's face and how she led them around by the nose. But then maybe Des deserves Brooks.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:34 pm

SLA, I understand what you're saying about the above pic.... However, when I was watching the first part of the show I was actually put off by the fact Des and Drew couldn't keep their lips off one another.  It's a wonder to me that hers didn't look like swollen balloons.  When they eventually got to Chris, I didn't feel that relentlessness or passion about their interaction.

If I hadn't heard Des express otherwise, I'd think Drew was her pick.  She's obviously sexually attracted to him - and I suspect they took FULL advantage of that fantasy suite - JMO.  With Chris, I didn't think so.  If so, they weren't so blatant about their intentions for the evening.

Last night was a gag-fest for me -- between the kissing and crying, I was impatient to see something worth my time.  Didn't happen.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:45 pm

Last night was a gag-fest for me as well.  Unfortunately, I have a suspicion next week will be the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:50 pm

Here's a new interview with CH..

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/bachelorette-bombshell-brooks-hits-road-140404706.html
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:37 pm

Here is another new interview with CH from TV Guide:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Bachelorette-Des-Brooks-1068588.aspx
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:57 am

Hmmm, I still think this is all a setup to get the ratings up. I could get wrong. My heart goes out to Chris and Drew.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:02 am

Gin - I am sure a lot of people agree with you. However, all that crying looked pretty genuine to me. As whacky as this show has become, I cannot imagine Des and Brooks agreeing to do this just for ratings if the whole premise is false. If they were "acting," they should both get nominated for an Academy Award.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:09 am

I do hope that I am wrong. I can say ABC have been tooting their horn on the ratings. I respect Brooks telling her now, but if she goes ahead with going on for the show that will bother me after what she said last night. If Brooks comes back and she gets engaged to him man that is slapping Chris and Drew. I would hate to be Chris and Drew if she might choose one of them. If I was one of them it would make me fill like she is picking up the leftovers. I would always wonder if she truly loved me.
As a parent I am not sure I would approve. It would take a long time for me not watching everything she did around me and I would I sure would watch how she treated my son. The whole thing is not going to end well for all of them.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:20 am

The TV Guide interview was amusing in two ways:  First, that CH says Brooks is not articulate, then HE uses the phrase "... begins with her and I sitting down...." 

Second, he says, "...Chris and Drew have no clue because we separate everybody at this point.  So we also have to deal with that there are two really good guys who very much love her and we owe it to them to have a conversation and tell them what happened. "

Since when did TPTB feel they owed ANYone on this show????  They let both Ashley and Jillian pine for weeks over Bentley and Wes.  And these ladies were the leads, for heaven's sake.  If they REALLY gave a flying flip about these people, they wouldn't be plotting for this revelation to the remaining guys to be such a blockbuster.

newto, I agree with you (I think rein said it, too).  The crying was genuine.  The fact that TPTB took full advantage of the pain in both Des and Brooks was an expression of their concern for their stars?  I'm sure they felt they OWED it to Des and Brooks to show the public they were sincere.  *frown*  And now they'll do Chris and Drew the favor of showing us how painful it is to learn Des never loved them.  "Good grief" has a whole 'nother meaning for the producers.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:30 am

I'm sticking to my theory that this is a set up. I know the tears look genuine but I have been able to muster up some pretty good tears if I wanted to. Just ask my BF  Giggle

And thank you ladies for posting the interviews with CH. He mentioned what I said yesterday that there were so many red flags that Des just didn't want to see. She insisted to him that there weren't but love is blind. And what I'd like to know is why if these handlers in the past have influenced these leads to do certain things and feel a certain way then why did not some sympathetic female on the staff not clue Des in to some of the things Brooks was saying on camera? They were probably being told not to because this would make for a dramatic conclusion.

I think CH essentially gave the ending away with what he said about Brooks being wishy washy enough to come back. If he does in fact come back then that's what stinks so much of a set up. No one is going to be that adamant about their feelings that they don't love someone and that they aren't "the one" and then  immediately turn around and say "oops...my bad. I made a mistake. I do love you after all". The only thing that would be believable at this point would be if he came back and said that he thought about it and that he didn't want to just walk away and that he didn't want to propose now but to give it some time and see how it goes. BUT, that wouldn't explain in this short amount of time reports that she is engaged and planning her wedding....OR him saying that if the feelings aren't there yet that he doesn't believe they will be or that she's not the one. Any back peddling at this point is just completely unbelievable. TPTB knew about the rating being down and as we have all seen before are not immune to pulling crazy stunts to try to get ratings back up.

The point is that if Brooks wasn't feeling it for her and is that adamant about leaving now that he should have done it in the least right after hometown dates instead of her sending Zak home but preferably before. And the real bottom line here is that if he does in fact come back and Des takes him back that she will forever look like the biggest fool to have ever been on this show and I'm sorry but no guy is worth that. Once a person walks away from a relationship even if they come back there is always a good chance they will do it again....sort of like, once a cheater always a cheater?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:21 am

I get what you're saying, rkc, but I think they can work around what Brooks has said.  (See my last 'Ette post).  They'll have us all eating out of his hand and Des will NOT look like a fool.  But the blossoming of Brooks' heart won't happen until they've drained every last drop of blood from Chris and Drew.  God forbid, they could get straight to the point!

I've been over peeking at the ABC boards this morning and many are disgusted by Des' interludes with the other two guys.  I've stated above that it puzzles me.

All this has me thinking of past fickle hearts.  Ashley was so "into" Bentley that when he was exposed, she went to bed for a sob-fest - then turned around and chose JP.  Ali went into a meltdown when Frank left, then turned it around and chose Roberto.  This show is all about infatuation, not love.  It comes and goes according to who's left on the shelf.  LOL.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:48 am

I see what your saying, singly but their attempts to work around what Brooks has already uttered I think would be dismal at best. Des will want to believe it, of course but so many others will think they are both idiots. Why would someone want to be with someone whose feelings apparently go from 0-100 and back at a moments notice? Even if she were to take him back it will never last. Just another one bites the dust for this crazy franchise.

Switching gears here, the funny thing is that as much as people mention what happened on Ali's season at the end I don't remember it. I didn't like Ali's attitude on Jake's season so only half a$$ed watching her season. Odd. Still don't like her and thinks she needs to shut her mouth. The same goes for Trista.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:59 am

I agree with you rkc!  I did not feel all that crying was for real - where were the tears?  Her mascara was not messed up at all and all you saw was her carefully rubbing her finger under her eye and then looking at it.  Somebody that heartbroken and crying would have tears running down their face with streaked mascara.  That whole scene was so staged it was ridiculous and they wasted way too much time on it.  How much time was spent showing Brooks hair blowing in the wind?  Way too much IMO and that whole scene should not have taken up more than 5 minutes - it was all just to throw in more drama since all the drama performing guys were gone - really pathetic in my book. 

Of course Brooks is going to come back that is why the switch in the timing of the MTA because the F3 is always in attendance at the Tell All shows and Brooks was not there because all three are still in the playing field.  According to the spoilers she picks Brooks and RS says they are still engaged.  So yes this was very scripted and staged and if it is true what RS is saying I say they deserve each other and feel very sorry for Chris and Drew.  I know that people on the ABC board are saying that they sign up for this but for the things that Des said about her only wanting to date Brooks when she was all over those two is flat out disgusting.  I can't imagine what they must have felt when they saw this episode play out and what their families must have thought.  There is such a thing as leading some on to keep the show going and then there is taking it too far and I think that Des has taken it too far (JMO).

Singly you are right that they do not care anything about the contestants only about ratings which equal money.  Very very sad!

Rkc I do agree that most people will not buy his coming back realizing that he made a big mistake and can't live without her or whatever BS TPTB have scripted out for the Finale but there are some that want him to come back and for her to take him back.  Fine then they deserve each other and it will not last but Chris and Drew did not deserve what she handed out to them.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:50 am

No, I don't believe the crying was real. There was a pic of Des and Brooks right after the crying scene and after her supposed 45 minutes of crying her makeup was still perfect and no red eyes.  Since we all believe that Brooks will be coming back and she takes him back I think she is the biggest fool.  Just how he she going to feel when  she hears Brooks talking to CH telling him no matter how much time he has, Des will never be the one.....along with everything else he said.  Then one week later, Brooks has  a change of heart.  But Des is so naive and is going to hear only what she wants to hear from Brooks.  She has ignored all the red flags so far, so why start to listen to reason now.  I think that Chris and Drew are getting blasted more so than any of the other contestants.  I think it was so wrong for ABC to keep these two guys so in the dark on this.  They could have given them some kind of forewarning. I don't think we will ever really know what happened with  ABC, Des and Brooks, but I'm 99.9% sure this relationship will be over by the end of the year.   Next Monday I think we should all have our barf bags ready.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:04 am

LOL rein, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't already over and anything they do  or say now is just for show.  Yuck 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top