Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion Empty Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:28 pm

Here is a description of Part 1 of the 2 part finale I copied from another site (bachandbachettefans).  It is ABC's press release for the upcoming episode.

SEASON FINALE - PART 1

THE TWO-PART SEASON FINALE EVENT BEGINS WITH DESIREE SWEEPING THE FINAL THREE MEN TO THE TROPICAL PARADISE OF ANTIGUA, THEN HEADS TOWARDS AN EMOTIONAL BOMBSHELL THAT NO ONE SAW COMING, ON ABC'S "THE BACHELORETTE"

"Episode 909 -- Season Finale, Part 1" - Romantic adventures await Desiree and the final three men - Brooks, Chris and Drew - as they travel to the beautiful Caribbean island of Antigua. There is electricity and passion in the air during these sand and surf excursions, as Desiree continues to explore what her future would be like with these potential partners. She will spend special intimate time with each of final guys, and there are possible invitations to spend the night in a "fantasy suite." But an unexpected jolt will change Desiree's whole journey -- will her Cinderella fairytale have a happy ending, or is she headed for heartbreak? -- on "The Bachelorette," MONDAY, JULY 29 (8:00-10:01p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Desiree's first date is with Drew, and the couple set off to explore the island by jeep. Their sightseeing tour takes them along the coastline where they stop at several cliff-side spots, pose for photos and steal kisses. Then they join the locals at a festival, taking part in the celebration. But Desiree steals Drew away to a quiet secret garden where the two can share a private picnic. Drew, totally love struck, tells her that he is ready to propose. There is no doubt they have a special connection. A sudden tropical rain spoils plans for a beachside dinner, but they take shelter. It's clear that this handsome and sweet guy has captured Desiree's heart, and she invites him to share some alone time in the fantasy suite. But will this reserved man accept?  

Chris and Desiree meet on a picturesque beach, where a helicopter is waiting to take them to a deserted  beach on the island of Barbuda. They reflect on her hometown visit and frolic in the blue ocean water, where the passion is turned up a notch. Later, over a romantic dinner, the couple discuss the possibility of a future together. However Chris has a major obstacle in his path that he feels he needs to bring up to Desiree before things go any further. His career path is not in Los Angeles, and he will need Desiree to relocate. Will this ultimatum not only put a halt to the evening but also their relationship?

Meanwhile, Brooks is back with his family in the U.S., torn between his strong feelings for Desiree when he is with her and the insecurities he feels when he is not. His mom and sister offer heartfelt advice about the tough decision he is facing. Desiree is everything he would want in a wife, and there is no denying their emotional and physical attraction to one another. Brooks wants to make sure that, if he is the last man standing, that he has the confidence to put an engagement ring on her finger. After his mother and sister express their fondness for Desiree and their thoughts about her being a perfect fit for their large, boisterous family, the bachelor, now with the reassurance he needs, boards the plane for Antigua.

Desiree is excited to see Brooks and to spend time with him. But first Brooks has a heart-to-heart with Chris Harrison. When some shocking news is shared, Chris insists that the bachelor meet with Desiree. What unfolds is one of the most explosive, dramatic and emotional moments in "Bachelorette" history.

The three remaining men are:

Brooks, 28, a marketing consultant from Salt Lake City, UT

Chris, 27, a mortgage broker from Seattle, WA

Drew, 27, a digital marketing analyst from Scottsdale, AZ

Last edited by SLA44 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:33 am; edited 3 times in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion Empty Re: Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Hmmm   "There is no denying their emotional and physical attraction".  If this is the case, they are sure keeping it under wraps.  I also don't see any strong feelings from him when they are together.  I don't see Des fitting into this family at all and I think Brooks wants someone to tell him exactly what to do because he is floundering.  He probably never thought he would get this far and just doesn't know what to do.

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion Empty Re: Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:27 pm

Here's something interesting that I found on the 'ette board. This is a private message brother Nate sent to someone...

Nate said RS was wrong.
"I cannot tell you who wins, but Reality Steve is wrong."
If Nate was just trying to deflect away he would have tweeted it normally, to everybody. That was a PM on twitter.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:33 pm

LOL!    I don't see it from his side either rein.  I guess it could be just you and me that are denying it huh?  This whole little scene reminds of something that might take place in grade school or something.  Really a 28 year old man has to run home to mom and sis for advice because he has insecurities?  Okay whatever! 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:37 pm

grace8136 wrote:Here's something interesting that I found on the 'ette board. This is a private message brother Nate sent to someone...

Nate said RS was wrong.
"I cannot tell you who wins, but Reality Steve is wrong."
If Nate was just trying to deflect away he would have tweeted it normally, to everybody. That was a PM on twitter.

Well Grace that is indeed interesting and especially if it was a private message and not just a tweet. It will be interesting to see what really happens Monday night because we sure know you can't go by the previews that are very deceptive at best.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:43 pm

Why are they calling it a 2-part finale? Every season the FDs are a separate episode from the LCD and ending.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:48 pm

sdreindeer wrote:Hmmm   "There is no denying their emotional and physical attraction".  If this is the case, they are sure keeping it under wraps.  I also don't see any strong feelings from him when they are together.  I don't see Des fitting into this family at all and I think Brooks wants someone to tell him exactly what to do because he is floundering.  He probably never thought he would get this far and just doesn't know what to do.

That is exactly what I think rein. From the time she asked about meeting his family he looked like, oops, I forgot to think this far ahead about going on a reality show.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:49 pm

I think it is just more hype from TPTB trying to get people to tune in grace and you are right they have always been two separate episodes.  This whole thing is beginning to smell like rotten fish. Yuck 

Last edited by SLA44 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:25 pm

Brooks has a heart-to-heart with CH?  Shocking news is revealed that needs to be shared with Des?  H-m-m.  Does he still wet the bed?  Is he sterile?  Is he married?  Is he afraid to leave his mama?  I don't know about you guys, but Brooks and his indecisiveness has gotten WAY too stale.

I haven't seen the first spark of love from his end.  Only insecurity and wishy-washy-ness.  If a guy can't make up his mind, why would you want him?  I'd be afraid if he proposed, he'd be changing his mind in two weeks.  He only has feelings for her when he's WITH her?  OR do his insecurities rise when he knows she's with other guys?  Boy, if it's him - wait till he watches the footage of all those lip-locks!!!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:21 pm

singlyme wrote:Brooks has a heart-to-heart with CH?  Shocking news is revealed that needs to be shared with Des?  H-m-m.  Does he still wet the bed?  Is he sterile?  Is he married?  Is he afraid to leave his mama?  I don't know about you guys, but Brooks and his indecisiveness has gotten WAY too stale.

I haven't seen the first spark of love from his end.  Only insecurity and wishy-washy-ness.  If a guy can't make up his mind, why would you want him?  I'd be afraid if he proposed, he'd be changing his mind in two weeks.  He only has feelings for her when he's WITH her?  OR do his insecurities rise when he knows she's with other guys?  Boy, if it's him - wait till he watches the footage of all those lip-locks!!!

LMAO, still wets the bed.....love it. Something wrong asking mom. At 28 if you don't know they are the right one and you have to go home and ask mommy. Ok what is wrong with this scene. Man the 107 heat index is hotter then what these two have going on.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:35 pm

LOL both of you gin and singly.  Anyone with a pea for a brain should stay away from him.  He has been wishy washy that is for sure and I sure haven't seen any great love towards Des from him so the editors must be hiding it very well.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:53 pm

I'm actually starting to think Chris could be the F1.

This from Ali:

...Ali tweeting that she is sure Des will move to Seattle and then quickly deleting it when people asked if she just gave the outcome away...
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Well grace the plot is sure thickening isn't it?  If Chris is F1 I wonder why she was such a bitch at the MTA.  Something just seems off to me. Suspect 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:37 pm

SLA44 wrote:Well grace the plot is sure thickening isn't it?  If Chris is F1 I wonder why she was such a bitch at the MTA.  Something just seems off to me. Suspect 

The whole MTA with Jonathan, Ben and James seemed rehearsed on her part. She did seem to want to get into with James and he wisely just wished her the best. You are right though, her overall tone last night was a little bitter. Maybe she is upset with the edit? I always get sucked into that RS is wrong at this point in the season. Just wishful thinking I suppose.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:43 pm

grace8136 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:Well grace the plot is sure thickening isn't it?  If Chris is F1 I wonder why she was such a bitch at the MTA.  Something just seems off to me. Suspect 

The whole MTA with Jonathan, Ben and James seemed rehearsed on her part. She did seem to want to get into with James and he wisely just wished her the best. You are right though, her overall tone last night was a little bitter. Maybe she is upset with the edit? I always get sucked into that RS is wrong at this point in the season. Just wishful thinking I suppose.

You are right grace and bitter is probably a better word to describe her behavior last night. I'm not sure what her problem was but she seemed to have one but then the former bachelorette's, especially Ali, set the mood for her and then of course CH had to add to it and he always eggs the crowd and the lead on to cause more trouble and drama. The whole thing is very fake and scripted to me. It should be called the Men Tell Nothing.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:03 pm

I got the impression that Des did not like asking any of the girls any advise. Yes I think it was scripted. I just wonder if Des might be upset that all three men were not so over the moon for her that there was no doubt they would ask her to marry him?

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:13 pm

I can tell you have really had it with this show SLA. Maybe the finale will surprise us? Aren't you holding out some hope for Chris?

Last edited by grace8136 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:53 am; edited 2 times in total
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:30 pm

grace8136 wrote:I'm actually starting to think Chris could be the F1.

This from Ali:

...Ali tweeting that she is sure Des will move to Seattle and then quickly deleting it when people asked if she just gave the outcome away...

Okay, call me a conspiracy theorist, but I'm thinking that many have been enticed ($) to "accidentally leak" info. I'm not believing the Nate twitter PM was intended to remain private. If he had put it on his publicly accessible twitter feed, no one would believe it, but since he sent it as PM, it seems to have more veracity. Nope, not believing it.  Same with Ali's tweet.

The good news is that it gives folks some mystery as to the F1. I haven't followed any spoilers, but in an email exchange, others have divulged the RS spoiler, so I know what he is spouting.

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Nice to see you back Ugh I have missed you.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:53 pm

Ughwhatname wrote:
grace8136 wrote:I'm actually starting to think Chris could be the F1.

This from Ali:

Okay, call me a conspiracy theorist, but I'm thinking that many have been enticed ($) to "accidentally leak" info. I'm not believing the Nate twitter PM was intended to remain private. If he had put it on his publicly accessible twitter feed, no one would believe it, but since he sent it as PM, it seems to have more veracity. Nope, not believing it.  Same with Ali's tweet.

The good news is that it gives folks some mystery as to the F1. I haven't followed any spoilers, but in an email exchange, others have divulged the RS spoiler, so I know what he is spouting.

Makes sense.. Hissy fit 
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:39 am

LOL, SLA.  Perhaps an even better title for the whole show would be "Who Can You Trust?"  Consider Brian, Ben and James.  When we tune in, we don't want see the duds we find in the outside world.  This is supposed to be our fantasy love story.  Pf-f-f-ft.  Okay, I was dreaming.  Apparently, TPTB are more determined to push "shock n' sleaze" than to give us what we want.

I agree with all of you.  I wish they'd given us more individual conversations, something with some depth of revelation about these guys.  All we have to go by is looks and presence.  Juan Pablo and Zak have both displayed a warmth and humor I find attractive.  I haven't really seen either in Brooks or Chris.  And Drew is simply somber - deadly serious.  Other than after the car race, I haven't seen a repeat of his dazzling smile.

Brooks has had NO footage that shows any special connection to Des.  Lord knows, it might exist - though not exhibited for our viewing pleasure.  There is nothing to elicit my hopes that she chooses the one I've deemed the best guy for her.  In the past, this is why I watched.  While sometimes disappointed in the choice, I was nevertheless hooked on the final rose.  These days.... I don't know why I watch at all.  It's no longer that kind of show.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:16 am

Ugh what you are saying makes perfect sense and you need to come on more and whip us into shape!  Your theory could also fall into place with why Chris changed his twitter account picture to make it look like he could be at the safe house.  I don't put anything past TPTB - they have duped the viewing audience so many times and continue to do it just not as easily now with some of us, especially when it comes to the very edited and deceiving previews.  It's amazing thought how some of us just want to see RS be wrong even though deep down we know he isn't.  Just call some us hopeful but knowing disappoint lies ahead. Sad 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:53 am

Those of us who post on the various Bach/ette boards are only a small minority of those who watch the show. TPTB are banking on the rest of the "watchers" to hang on their every twist and turn. Of course after this season, we may see even more declining viewership, and then we loyal posters may indeed become the majority.........

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:15 pm

I agree with the declining viewers. I can say the way they have have chosen to take it down the road that has a dead ending. I was surprised coming after Sean's season that Des 's season is such a flop. Maybe I am not paying close attention but I am not sure if Des has found her man. If this show gets left totally on the cutting floor I will not be shocked.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:17 pm

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion 30k4ky9
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top