Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:29 pm

Thanks SLA.  Quote from the article  "Desiree is everything he would want in a wife, and there is no denying their emotional and physical attraction to one another. Brooks wants to make sure that, if he is the last man standing, that he has the confidence to put an engagement ring on her finger"

They must mean Des' emotional and physical attraction to Brooks, because I certainly haven't seen anything from Brooks.   Suspect 

Back to top Go down

Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 9 Finale Part 1 - 7/29 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:40 pm

singlyme wrote:Are we SO different from other viewers?  I thoroughly enjoyed this program in its earlier years.  Granted, the final pairing seldom worked out - but for a while, we were transported to a romatic adventure and a quest for love.

Now, we get idiots and a**es.  Surely, with the $$ these people have, they're doing polls or spying to see what the viewers want.  Is THIS the result?  Hard to believe, but I guess the original format is now boring for many in America.  The fact that Jerry Springer, Maury, Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, and Abby's Dancers are still on speaks volumes.  There ARE people who want this crap.  Apparently, MANY of them.

The last promo I saw of Boo Boo involved smells.  Diapers, burps, farts - with a plug for US Weekly, where you could find a "scratch & sniff" page.  ???????????  The mental quotient of America is obviously plunging.  I've always called this "The Three Stooges Mentality." 

While The Bach & The 'Ette were never meant for rocket scientists, they were a pleasant little escape from daily stress and chores.  Now? *weary sigh*

I agree with you, singly. This used to be a fun and respectable show in it's early stages. That was before the viewing audience was inundated with all of these reality shows on tv. People seem to watch reality tv more now than anything else now. So now the competition for the Bach series is stiffer and I think they believe they can only compete if they add all the nonsense. It's definitely gone down the toilet.   
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:14 am

They spin ANY success story into a side show of circus freaks.  I'm also watching "Get Out Alive" with Bear Grylls as host.  It's a straight up survival competition, set in the wilds of New Zealand.  Yet... I saw promos for another survival show - and the contestants are NAKED.  ????  TPTB are probably laughing their butts off at how gullible the public can be - and what a voracious appetite there is for garbage.

What I find "warming" is that the contestants in Grylls' show must work for the group as a whole, and he's pressed that issue.  On today's menu, the whiner/slackers would have remained for weeks - just to be annoying to the viewer.  Bear sent them packing the first week.  Finally, a contest with some integrity behind it!  Four ****'s.

The above represents The Bach and 'Ette.  We went from a respectable offering of guys and girls to a side show of freaks and geeks.  When they started this crap with Bentley, it was novel and probably brought in a host of viewers.  But come on, the novelty is no longer that.  It's more like trying to watch a movie while there are rowdy people in the theater.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:37 am

Right on, Singly. I also saw the promos for that "naked" show. Not something I'd be likely to watch.

Yes, there is a voracious appetite in this country for "garbage" to watch. Witness: Hoarders, Honey Boo Boo, The Housewives programs, and many others. I don't mind a couple of hours of mindless entertainment, but some of this has gone off the deep end.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:12 am

I agree with both of you.  Seems like every network tries to outdo the next.  I can't make it through an entire show of hoarders. For me, it's a very disturbing show, especially when I'm the type of person who has as few things as possible in my home.  I must admit I really enjoyed the Housewives of Orange County when they first came, out but over time they too slipped like the bach shows.  Then again, I can't even stand watching the sitcoms that are on.  Give me the good old Alfred Hitchcock and Twilight Zone shows.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:26 am

LOL, rein.  I, too, have stripped down my home.  No clutter anywhere.  If I don't use it, it goes to the basement.  Yard sales have made my kitchen a challenge.  I can't resist gadgets, and my space is quite limited.  If I want to make milkshakes for the grandkids, I have to go to my basement storage to get the blender.  Thankfully, it's a nice basement.

I have an acquaintance who's a hoarder.  Family cleared out her space about five years ago, but it's built back up.  NOT a pleasure to visit.  I think she discourages other company because she's ashamed of how the place looks.  It seems they "know" what they're doing - just can't help it.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:18 pm

singlyme wrote:They spin ANY success story into a side show of circus freaks.  I'm also watching "Get Out Alive" with Bear Grylls as host.  It's a straight up survival competition, set in the wilds of New Zealand.  Yet... I saw promos for another survival show - and the contestants are NAKED.  ????  TPTB are probably laughing their butts off at how gullible the public can be - and what a voracious appetite there is for garbage.

What I find "warming" is that the contestants in Grylls' show must work for the group as a whole, and he's pressed that issue.  On today's menu, the whiner/slackers would have remained for weeks - just to be annoying to the viewer.  Bear sent them packing the first week.  Finally, a contest with some integrity behind it!  Four ****'s.

The above represents The Bach and 'Ette.  We went from a respectable offering of guys and girls to a side show of freaks and geeks.  When they started this crap with Bentley, it was novel and probably brought in a host of viewers.  But come on, the novelty is no longer that.  It's more like trying to watch a movie while there are rowdy people in the theater.

Singly, I have often wondered if part of the reason there are so many reality shows is because it's much cheaper to pay those people than real actors/actresses.  I agree that there is an audience for reality shows.  I really don't care for them.  The Bachelor and Bachelorette are the only ones I watch regularly.  I've watched a show or two of Hoarders, the weight loss show, and the old Anna Nicole show.  I can't believe that people want all their personal business on TV like that.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Blue Moon -- Some people will do most anything for exposure (such as Ben for his winery, etc.) and their so-called 15 minutes of fame. Some suspect one-F Jef went on to publicize People Water. Who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:04 am

I watched ONE episode of hoarders.  The reality shows I watch?  There are competitions, such as Survivor and Get Out Alive.  But Survivor has become less a survival of the elements - more about surviving your teammates.  Boo-hiss.

What I love most are "constructive talents."  American Bake-Off, Master Chef, HGTV Design Star, Project Runway.  And yes, Ink Master.  These shows are as REAL as it gets for me.  I'm sure that even they have elements of scripting.  I've appreciated that these shows don't have "evil" contestants.  However, Krissi on Master Chef has been an unwelcome contender this season.  (An obnoxious woman who is continually featured with negative side comments.  She's a blight on an otherwise enjoyable competition.)  Since I loved watching my daughters learn to dance, I gave Dance Moms a shot the first season - and quickly got my fill of Abby's mouth and ego. 

I really don't watch any "personal" reality shows such as Kardashians, Housewives of Anywhere, Honey, Ducks, etc.  For some reason, TPTB are pushing wealth and celebrity versus obnoxious and/or rednecks.  Such inspiration for the American public!  LOL.

And BlueMoon, the pay might have something to do with it, but I think TPTB have struck gold with the concept itself.  Off the top of my head, I'd say Reality is followed closely by Crime/Government Agency shows.  We've become difficult to entertain.  Nearly everything we've been accustomed to is old and stale now.  They've even updated vampires and zombies.  Smile

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:03 am

Gee somehow this threat has really gotten off topic of episode 9 which is now called Finale Part 1 and seems to me has turned into another soap box thread.  Hopefully it will get back on topic.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks, SLA. I agree with you. But....maybe we have exhausted what we want to say about the episode, since we're not getting much solid information as to what is going on. I personally find this "cliffhanger" thing annoying. We have been good, loyal fans, and this is what we are getting. Phooey. Crying 

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:18 pm

newto the boards wrote:Thanks, SLA.  I agree with you.  But....maybe we have exhausted what we want to say about the episode, since we're not getting much solid information as to what is going on.  I personally find this "cliffhanger" thing annoying.  We have been good, loyal fans, and this is what we are getting.  Phooey.  Crying 

That may be until the show airs tomorrow night but there is a soapbox thread and that would be a far better place to discuss the distaste for all these reality shows IMO or on the Lette's Chat thread than on a thread for a specific episode in a specific show.  Now I will get off my Soapbox 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:12 am

Sorry SLA.  My fingers have been properly smacked.  My keyboard and I will remain on topic.

As I said on the chat thread, my guide implies that tonight's episode will include the fantasy suite dates.  I'm wondering if her night with Brooks goes awry or if perhaps he "passes" on the opportunity.  Wouldn't THAT be a slap in the face?!  Nah.  He wouldn't do that.  My mind is spinning over what it is he will tell her.  No suspicions.

Then again - after all the hype, we might find ourselves disappointed by what actually happens.  I still don't recall any footage of Drew crying.  Perhaps he's in the clear?  Or stoic about what happens?  We'll probably be left hanging again between parts one and two.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Singly sorry but this had gotten so far off topic that when I came over here there was nothing about the episode or this show only shows that I do not watch nor have any interest in and I just wanted it to get back on the topic.

As far as tonight goes I think that TPTB have totally messed with the viewer's heads so much that they don't know what end is up.  The way they have edited the previews with different shots and the voice overs which turn out to not be what really happens when we see the episode is really quite tiresome.  They have even put in a shot in some of the previews showing a hand holding a ring except that is from the HTD dates and that is Zak holding the ring and it is the ring he gave her but they want us to think it is from the final rose ceremony.  Yuck

I really have no idea what we are going to see tonight because of all the editing in the previews but I'm thinking it is all not going to be roses. No 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:05 pm

Here's a new preview for tonight. Very Happy 

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/bachelorette-desiree-hartsock-final-sneak-peek-star-faces-19802599
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:11 pm

I hope she will be happy and that she makes the right choice.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:35 pm

She doesn't make her final choice until next Monday - I'm just wondering what will happen with the rose ceremony tonight of if she will even have one tonight or if they will put that off until the beginning of next week as well.  This has been on screwy season. 

You know they never did show the scene where Drew was on Brooks for whatever but the VO was something to do that Brooks wasn't there to fall in love with Des or something like that.   Now here they both are in the final three.  You just can't trust anything that TPTB show us, tweet or say.  They have duped us too many times to count.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:08 pm

If Brooks leaves during his fantasy date time, it matters not whether there is a rose ceremony. It would really have no significance other than to let Chris and Drew know they're "it." This reminds me of Ali's season after Frank left. She insisted on having a rose ceremony to let the two remaining know they were important to her. Yadda yadda.

If you're fed up with TPTB, raise your hand!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:18 pm

If Brooks leave I hope he is man enough to tell her to her face.I have no problem in someone leaving just disappointed he did not do it sooner. That is the right thing to do, but when has MF wanted to do the right thing.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Well gin you are sounding as skeptical as I am about MF and company.  No doing the right thing is not in their vocabulary only ratings and money is!  They care not one iota about the contestants and they have proved that over and over again.  Twisted Evil 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:41 pm

I think all this crying, and men looking what am I doing tells me MF is doing anything he can to get the ratings up. He reminds me of a man getting caught doing something he should not do and never thought he would get caught.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:43 pm

If this is one of MF tricks color me gone.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:45 pm

Here is where MF singing "Please don't let me misunderstood"

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:35 pm

Oh, man I hate this.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:39 pm

If MF trys to tell me believe this I have some land I want to sell him. I think all of this was to get the ratings up. I would not be surprised that MF get ratings up or we cancel.

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top