Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion Empty Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:43 pm

The extended preview video and a brief description of Episode 5 is up on TV Grapevine now.  Here is the link:

http://tvgrapevine.com/index.php/the-bachelorette/550-the-bachelorette-michael-and-ben-s-dreaded-two-on-one-date

Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion Bachelorette_june24group
Here is a picture of the group date from the TV Grapevine article.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by grace8136 Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:04 am

Wow.. Michael really goes after Ben. Thanks for the preview SLA.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9  - Discussion Empty Re: Episode 5 - 6/24 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:13 am

Yes he does and I just don't like him and I don't trust him either.  I prefer Ben over him so I guess that shows what a low opinion I have the whiner.

Last edited by SLA44 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:44 am

I don't like either of them.  I hope she sends them both home.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:19 am

Thanks for the link, SLA.  Looks like Monday will be a hot mess.  Chris' date interrupted by a man with shocking news.  Did we see Bryden come in on that clip - with a message that he's leaving?  If so, it's a shame he didn't leave last week and give Zack a chance.

IMHO, I don't think you can blame the edit for what I see in Ben.  We know from past experience that when most of the entire group doesn't like you, something's wrong.  Ben has been sneaky.  Ben has been conniving and Ben has been an opportunist.  Ben is smug.  They've stated that while he used his son when he first appeared, he hasn't mentioned him at all in conversation.

But did Des really ASK Michael to be an interrogator - or did he take this upon himself?  If he acted alone, not attractive to do this in Des' presence.  A prosecutor to the end, huh?  Why do the contestants never, as a group, relate these observations to the lead?

Now, Brooks and James go at it?  I haven't cared for James.  When I think of him, my mental image is a plastic surgery that got pulled too tight.  Yet...in the picture, he has full cheeks.  Don't ask me to expain.  I can't.  lol.  Must be a personal aversion to his look and build.

I hope this date with Chris goes well (despite Bryden).  He seems like a truly nice guy.  The preview text calls Brooks the front-runner?  I hadn't realized it was perceived that way.  H-m-m-m.  Okay.  If so, I'd still like to see more of Chris and Zak (with his hair combed down.)

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:40 am

Singly I think Bryden is the one interrupting Chris' 1-on-1 date and that was just to leave because I don't see him anyway else in the preview video and there are only 7 on the group date when there should have been 8.  Poor Zack got sent home when Bryden should have left in the last episode. 

As for Ben, I haven't seen where the entire group doesn't like him - it's been mainly the two cry babies Michael and Mikey.  I really do not like either one of those jerks that are acting like jealous immature children.  I don't even understand the remark Bryden made about him Monday night.  It seemed to come out of nowhere so to me that all was producer driven.  Truthfully I think that Ben was the producer chosen one to get the bad edit this season.  He is certainly not my favorite by far but I find some of the behavior of these others as more unappealing than Ben is.

I don't care for Brooks but have seen him called the front runner in blogs and on other boards.  I don't care for James either and Kasey and Juan Pablo don't do much for me they are just kind of there.

Right now I like Chris and Zak the best.  Chris does seem like a very nice guy and so does Zak.  Haven't seen enough of Drew to know what he is all about. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:20 am

Wow here is another clip from Monday night's 2-on-1 date from People.com:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20711236,00.html

I think she should send them both packing!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:58 am

SLA44 wrote:Wow here is another clip from Monday night's 2-on-1 date from People.com:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20711236,00.html

I think she should send them both packing!

Hopefully she will send both of them packing. It has happened before; I think Ashley sent both guys home on a 2 on 1 date (correct me if I'm wrong).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:01 am

Michael is a jerk!  I actually think he is worse then Ben.  That sure must have  been an uncomfortable 2 on 1 date when all Michael did was attack Ben.   Mickey is another whiner.  Bryden doesn't want to be there.  Juan Pablo has looks but not too much upstairs, James seems fake and can't stand his overly processed white teeth and plastic face, Kasey I'm not sure about, Brooks makes my skin crawl.  My pick for the last two are Chris and Zak.  Both of them actually appear to have some maturity and brains.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:03 am

I agree with you on all counts rein.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:27 pm

Have to say that at the beginning of the season Michael was one of my top pics.  Based on his bio and career I ASSUMED he would be quite the man.  I think of a federal prosecutor being articulate and educated with a strong personality (although I am sure there are many shady fed prosecutors out there).  I did not like Zak W at all (as we called him the nudist).  Didn't care for his looks, his "showing off" his body, etc.  (Now I believe that was all producer driven).  

However, at this point I have done a total 180.  Michael has turned out to be one of the biggest whiners I have ever seen on this show and they continue to give him all this air time (as they did with AshLee).  I find him so unattractive in every way, I can barely stand to watch or listen to him.  On the other hand, I am liking Zak more and more.  His looks have become secondary to his charm.  I don't see him as whiney or boastful, but a very kind, considerate, interesting man.  Chris has got the looks and is kind and considerate as well.  

I guess my point is, sometimes we judge too quickly based bios and what TPTB want us to see.  It's just too bad that they don't give more air time to the nicer, more well-balanced men.  These are the guys I would like to know more about.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:50 pm

I'm with you 100% rein except Michael was never one of my pics at all. There was always something that I didn't like about him and the more I saw of him the less I wanted to see him. 

I too believe Zak's entrance and jumping in the pool on opening night was all producer looking and he even looked a bit embarrassed about it after the pool thing to me.  I am liking Zak more and more.  Think he is a very intelligent man and also a very considerate and caring man.  Chris has been my favorite from the get go and so far that hasn't changed and I also think he is an intelligent, considerate and caring man.  He is much better looking than Zak to me but looks are not everything.  I think they are both the total package that would make the right girl very happy.

You are right the bios can be deceiving as well as pictures and edits.  However I still like Brad and hope he finds the right woman for him.  Des was not the right one for him any more than he was the right one for her.  Ben was high on my list before the season got underway but fell off it shortly thereafter but I still think he drew the short straw and is getting the bad edit.  I still like him much better than Michael or Mikey for that matter.  I don't know what Bryden's story is but he should have gone home Monday night.  I don't think he was ever really into Des and he just got tired of trying to pretend he was but the producer's wanted to keep him around for a little more drama this next episode.Yuck
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:31 pm

I hope Des does more than "consider" sending them both home.  Next, Bryden, James and Mikey.  But I'm sure TPTB would find that much too peaceful.  BUT, we do have the James issue coming up.  Maybe he'll take Ben's place as the house bad guy for a couple of weeks.

I don't find Brooks masculine enough for my tastes.  Too pretty.  I really prefer a rugged-looking guy, craggy rather than sculpted.  Just me. 

I believe I mentioned before that it was revealed Zak's limo entry was a play on Sean's shirtless season, which caused me to replace the demerits I gave him the first night.  The pool?  Unfortunate.  Unless something's going on behind the scenes (like Sean and Catherine), I can't see anyone but Chris and Zak as the final two.  However....if Kasey keeps up that sharp sense of humor, she might lean his way.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Here is the link to some clips from Monday night's episode (5) the first being of Chris reading his poem to Des.

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the-bachelorette-sneak-peek-something-for-you/5f1asbu?from=sharepermalink-twitter&src=v5%253ashare%253atwitter
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Bryden's possible girlfriend? Looks a little like Des. 

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/tv/becky-weidow-the-bachelorette-contestant-bryden-vukasins-secret-girlfriend/
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:19 pm

I think after watching that video that she SHOULD send them both home. I don't know that she will though. They said in the one article..."Over dinner Michael asks Ben why he doesn't get along with the other guys in the house. Ben says he's not focused on making friends but rather wants to get to know Desiree, which she seems to appreciate." Des was there to see Tierra do and say the same thing during Sean's season so I would think she would have her eyes more open than that. It may be the way that it was edited but it just seems that Michael had a rebuttal for nearly everything Ben said and Des was looking irritated...so if she sends one home and keeps one I would think based on her reactions that she will send Michael home and keep Ben...at least for now. I can't stand Ben either.

If Bryden is going to take himself out of the running he should have done it last week instead of having her send someone else home. I said last week that if he had hesitated on me like he did to her that I would have told him to go home right then and there. I'm not that keen on Bryden either. He just seems odd when talking one on one to her....and the hair has to go.

I didn't get a good sense of James either and when he said last week that he had cheated on a 5 1/2 year relationship I was trying to send Des a subliminal message to send him home now!!! LOL. Once a cheater, always a cheater. And now it looks like he has plans for when his stint is over on this show....surprise, surprise.

And Mikey....that guy drives me nuts. He just reminds me of the muscle bound guy on the beach that kicks sand in the skinny guys face to embarrass him in front of the girl. He just thinks he is God's gift.

Maybe it's me but I just don't seem to get a good feeling about any of the contestants and that doesn't usually happen when I watch this show. Zak might seem better now than in the beginning but I don't like how he was portrayed as the nudist regardless of whether he didn't wear a shirt the first night or not. I guess Chris seems ok but I don't think I've seen enough of him to base any kind of rational opinion.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:59 pm

I know what you mean rkc.  I had high hopes for some of the guys when I first saw pictures of them on other sites before the bios went up on ABC.  I have been really disappointed in this season so far and a lot of that I do blame on the lead but some of these guys Yuck.  I don't remember seeing this much bellyaching from the male contestants in the past but maybe I have just forgotten it, but between M&M (Michael & Mikey) I just want to either scream or cover my head with a pillow.  And to think one is a fed prosecutor doesn't speak much for our legal system to me, he comes off as a total jerk or worse.  And Mikey comes off as just the type of guy you want to stay far away from. 

Every season whether it is the bach or ette season there is always one that says "I'm not here to make friends, I here for the Lead (insert whatever name fits).  To me it is just the script and whoever drew the short stick gets the line and the editing.  It's the same old same old every season and they really need new writers.

I agree Bryden should have gone home last week and I'm not sure why he was even there to begin with.  He didn't seem to me to be into Des or the show itself for that matter so he will take himself out and go back home to his girlfriend - again same old same old.  Seems there is not much new and refreshing in any of these seasons, just new faces for the contestants vying for the lead that is not a new face.

I liked Brad but Des wasn't the right one for him and he wasn't the right one for her and that's the way it goes sometimes.  Out of the ones that are left I like Chris and Zak. I haven't seen enough of Drew to form an opinion one way or the other but the deleted scene with him and Des was rather creepy to me and it reminded me too much of the trust scene with AshLee and Sean and the blindfold.  Just gave me a cringe feeling.  Brooks just gives me a bad vibe and just don't care for him at all but I haven't cared for him from the first glimpse I had of him in his photos that I saw.  Aside from M&M and James who all need to go home, the rest are just kind of eh. 

I am looking forward seeing where they are going in Germany and to Chris' 1-on-1 date, and seeing the group date and the guys trying out their yodeling skills and whatever other skills may be required on that date.  I am not looking forward to 2-on-1 date and may just have to leave the room when that one comes on.Mad
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:32 pm

I'm not sure I'm even going to watch it, and that is a lot coming from someone who has NEVER missed an episode from day one. For sure I'll put it on tape so if I decide I can't resist, I can watch without having to endure the commercials. This whole season is surely a sign of the franchise falling apart, sad to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:56 pm

When you get right down to it, the whole show is a formula - just like romantic comedies.  Only there's little comedy here.  More the ridiculous.  They've run out of new things, new people, new dates.  What's left?  To avoid boredom, they went into heavy scripting and irritating people.  Now, instead of being bored, we're annoyed.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:12 pm

grace8136 wrote:Bryden's possible girlfriend? Looks a little like Des. 

http://dailyentertainmentnews.com/tv/becky-weidow-the-bachelorette-contestant-bryden-vukasins-secret-girlfriend/

Geez...now I like him even less. We already endured one episode of this this season. At least in the other case they were somewhat "broken up" even though I predicted they would be back together in no time. This kind of thing is just getting ridiculous. Bryden is a military man and I like to have the utmost respect for the military but if your going to act like a douche then I have no respect for you. As much resources as this show has you can't tell me that they can't do some investigating into these contestants before they are chosen and make sure they are not attached. After all, they have exposed these people during filming before...so basicly they don't give a crap if these people are attached as long as they can pick and choose and use it for drama if needed. It makes me sick.... 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:18 pm

One thing I forgot to mention before was I noticed how fast Des went through the rose ceremony last episode - almost like it was a distasteful task she wanted to get done with ASAP. I wonder if she will do the same tonight. If so, it will prove how little connection she has with the majority of the bachelors. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:44 pm

For those of you on the West Coast that did not see this on live feed please do not read further on as this will be a spoiler for tonight's episode.

I was able to watch on live feed tonight and I don't think Des should have let Bryden interrupt her date with Chris and go off to have a talk with him and leave Chris sitting there alone.  Lucky for her that Chris is a gentleman and at least he showed some manners where Bryden sure didn't.

Michael needed to go home also, what a self righteous egotistical jerk!  I can't even stand to look at him and I give Ben a lot of credit for not getting into a p*ssing match with him, I think Ben showed more class than Michael did.  She should have sent them both home if she wasn't feeling it for Ben because I sure don't think she is feeling it that much for Michael either and he is the one that caused all the tension on the date.  I didn't see Ben instigate anything.

Looks to me like a lot of these guys have some growing up to do - they behave worse than the women have on the bach seasons.  Good lord watch a bunch of whiners and gossiper's!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:06 pm

So Bryden goes all the way to Germany and then has to interrupt her date with Chris??  He just could not wait until the date was over??  How rude and inconsiderate can one get??  At least she didn't spend much time with him making a big hoopla out of it.  She even expressed her thoughts to Chris in wondering why he came all the way to Germany to tell her this.  Bryden knew last week he wanted to go home.  He should have left then.

Michael is a disgusting, whiney man who needs to grow up.  He is the kind of guy who thinks he looks better by tearing someone else down.  I do think she should have sent both packing.

I did like the one on one date with Chris and the group date sledding.  I thought Zak W actually looked cute when he was out there yodelling.  I also liked the date idea of the hot tub on the water.....just did not like the two guys on the date.

I thought Des looked really pretty at the Rose ceremony.  Liked her hair style and she looked elegant.

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:38 am

Did they call that hot tub a hot tug boat? Whatever it was, I had never seen or heard of it before, but it looked fun. I'd go on that.

I wish she would have let both guys go on the 2 and 1 date. That would have been more dramatic for the show too. Then she could have also let Mikey go at the rose ceremony. 

I still think Chris is the best long term match for Des. I missed part of the episode. Did Zak say he was planning on being a priest? It does seem like they tried to get some religious guys for Des. They probably don't have a huge pool of applicants for that, since most religious guys probably would not apply for the show.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:52 am

Yes Grace I think they did call that a hot tug and it did look like fun without the jerk that was in it. I agree she should have sent them both home, I don't understand why she kept that jerk Michael, I think he is worse than Ben.

Zak did say that he thought that he would become a priest and as funny as it sounds I could almost see him as a priest.  He really seems like a considerate and caring person and it is a shame that the first night had left so many people turned off about him (which I think was all producer driven and Des said she dared him to jump into the pool).

Right now the only two I am interested in watching any more are Chris and Zak.  Other than these two guys the season is a complete bore to me and I think this franchise is dying a slow and painful death.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top