Episode 3 - 6/10 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 3 - 6/10 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Episode 3 - 6/10 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by Bach98133 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:50 am

I caught part of the show last night.  (I was switching between the Rex Sox game and The Bachelorette.)   I am still not sure what the big deal about the "girlfriend" was.  She wanted to break up with him and he said 'let's take a break'.  So wasn't he (and she) free to date other people then?

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Episode 3 - 6/10 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Re: Episode 3 - 6/10 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:59 am

You are so right Bach and the whole thing was so blown out of proportion and had way too much time spent on it. TPTB want as much drama as they can get put into these shows and it is so old. They need to get new script writers IMO. She said more than once that she wanted to break up with him and apparently they were both seeing other people before he went on the show and I didn't see what the heck Des was getting in there giving her a hug for either. That whole segment should have ended up on the editing floor and the acting was terrible on all their parts.

I also thought they made such a big deal out of the Brooks incident with the broken finger or he is a really big woos. What in the devil was with the oxygen for a broken finger? Geez! This season is going from bad to worse for me.

Here is an uploaded preview video of episode 4:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3hgNxBoeMg&list=UUBJHeXfPOhztXdFSsAh1fyw&index=1
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 3 - 6/10 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Empty Re: Episode 3 - 6/10 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion

Post by gin1972 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:17 am

I have to agree. If she wanted to break uo why go and confront him? I guess MF has to have his way and create drama. I would love to know hos much she got paid? Laughing

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gin1972 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:29 am

The young man that left last night( the crying man) has some issues that he really needs some help with.. He has had a rough life and I feel sorry for him but for him to be in love with Des that fast says he needs help. For him to be in be in real love he needs to face the heartache and rejection and resolve the issues before he searches for his true love. JMHO

gin1972
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:32 am

One thing is for sure, Brian won't be getting back together with her now! I think she probably got paid, but man did she seem genuinely angry. If your boyfriend is on the bachelorette, consider yourself broken up!

And who takes an ambulance for a broken finger? Or needs oxygen?!! Ridiculous.

I hate to say it, but I'm not sure Des can carry a season. I have found the season pretty boring thus far. All they have is the guy drama. Brandon announcing that he's falling in love after talking to her 2 or 3 times, was very strange.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:49 am

Grace I agree with you on this season being boring and I'm not sure how much longer I will be able to stay tuned in. The only thing that was anywhere entertaining last night was some of the western group date - poor Dan ripping his britches getting on the horse just to be dumped at the RC. And I am finding Zak W. to be quite funny. Other than that it has been a real snooze fest so far. The drama is so phony and tiresome and don't imagine their ratings are improving any.

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:03 pm

grace8136 wrote:One thing is for sure, Brian won't be getting back together with her now! I think she probably got paid, but man did she seem genuinely angry. If your boyfriend is on the bachelorette, consider yourself broken up!

And who takes an ambulance for a broken finger? Or needs oxygen?!! Ridiculous.

I hate to say it, but I'm not sure Des can carry a season. I have found the season pretty boring thus far. All they have is the guy drama. Brandon announcing that he's falling in love after talking to her 2 or 3 times, was very strange.

I agree with everything you have said here. I'm not even sure Des can carry on a "real" conversation. So she fills in the gaps with kissing.

That Brandon guy was creepy....reminds me of a stalker type person.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:46 pm

grace, perhaps an ambulance was cheaper than a limo driver? LOL.

More annoying than boring. Ben and Brian. I suppose we'll be enduring at least one more week of Ben (please let it be over). I'm so anxious to see true interaction between Des and the remaining guys. Biding my time. We're rid of Brian and Brandon (the Kasey clone). If they keep reducing by one nut-case a week, we should be in good shape soon.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:21 pm

More like perhaps an ambulance is better for ratings! Desperate attempt! I'll hang in there Singly. Hope you're right about Ben, but I can see it going on for a bit longer. Maybe Ben is the one that has her in tears in the previews?? She seems to like him.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 pm

singlyme wrote:grace, perhaps an ambulance was cheaper than a limo driver? LOL.

More annoying than boring. Ben and Brian. I suppose we'll be enduring at least one more week of Ben (please let it be over). I'm so anxious to see true interaction between Des and the remaining guys. Biding my time. We're rid of Brian and Brandon (the Kasey clone). If they keep reducing by one nut-case a week, we should be in good shape soon.

I suspect the ambulance was a private service hired to appear at the event, and if fortunate enough, maybe they would get some injury footage. You may be right, it could have been less costly than the limo!

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:34 pm

It could be that he went into shock, and therefore the need for the ambulance and oxygen.

USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:54 pm

I typed out a message yesterday and lost it all and gave up so I'll try it again today LOL. I agree that the whole thing about the girlfriend showing up was odd. Just another attempt by MF at his special brand of drama....however, I agree with Des to get rid of him. Regardless of what kind of disfunctional relationship those two have the fact remains that Brian slept with her two days before he left so there is still a great chance that their on again off again relationship is still continuing. If he had any kind of relationship going up until the time he left to go on the show then he was not "ready for love" like they all claim...just ready to go on tv. I'm sure the girlfriend was no prize either. I just read yesterday that she is supposedly a playboy playmate and that she has issues. Who I feel sorry for is her child that is dealing with all the mess his mother and her boyfriends bring to his life.

Now, shall I discuss Brandon (shaking head)...I had this feeling from the beginning that he would be a male version of AshLee that has abandonment issues from childhood. Sorry, but you don't fall in love that quickly with someone that you have spoken to maybe three/four times. After that weird exchange between him and Des at the pool party date I knew she would be giving him the boot that night. She just looked uncomfortable with him and he was all excited like they had made a major connection. You have to learn to read people's responses to you and he misread her big time. And the tears of another person abandoned him was too much. They need to be very careful putting people on that show with deep rooted issues like that. There have been emotionally unbalanced people that have done themselves harm over less than that.

Now on to Ben. Singly, I am with you. I can't stand him and I'm hoping he goes soon. I am all for trying to get time with the lead but he is really deceitful about it and he point blank lied to people when asked if he spent any time with her that day. It just seems like he is one of those people that it is all about him. I'm hoping he isn't that bad in real life because he has a young son that looks up to him and I'm sure wants to be like him. Be an example for your kids regardless.

Some of Des's guys are just too weird for my taste. The exchanges between them and her just seem so contrived and uncomfortable. That little exchange between her and James at the party portion of the group date was just weird. The way these guys go in for a kiss seem forced. Nothing natural. Not to mention the fact that Des is kissing every guy in sight for no particular reason than to exchange spit. I had to laugh when my boyfriend came into the room for a few minutes and finally said, "Ewww, I wouldn't kiss someone that just kissed 14 other guys" LOL. 

The only date that I found remotely interesting was the cowboy date. Especially when the guy split his pants LOL. I had to laugh when the foreign soccer player did his whole scene in spanish and one of the guys said, "For all we know he could have been reciting a lasagne recipe"...
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:31 am

I agree, rkc, that they should be more cautious as to whom they're bringing on the show.  Brandon had legit abandonment issues and didn't belong on a show which would most likely bring rejection.  He's desperate for love. This guy will probably be a devoted husband, but probably obsessive and perhaps jealous.   In fact, it seemed to me that there are a number of guys with sorry childhoods.  I don't get why, unless TPTB targeted men with problems.

As for Brian, no one should get involved with a guy who has an unresolved past relationship.  If he REALLY wanted shed of her, he wouldn't have slept with her prior to the show.  I must admit that in listening to the relentless bashing, I could see a man wanting to be FAR, far away from her.  Can you say "harpie?"

I also am curious about the relationship between Ben and his child's mother.  Didn't he say she was a "friend?"  A lesbian buddy who wanted a kid (ala Chicago Fire), a one-night stand (more believable) that turned into "surprise!", or a relationship that couldn't survive his sneakiness?  VERY curious.  How much time does he REALLY spend with the kid off camera?  He seems too self-centered to be tied down to a child - unless the child can be of benefit.

I agree there's a lot of kissing.  She's either being pushed into it by TPTB or using it to gauge the guys.  My sister (married for 40 years) insists the song "It's in his Kiss" is true.  Is he tender?  Devouring?  Selfish? *shoulder shrug*  I guess she has her reasons.

rkc, I enjoyed the western date.  The guys were really convincing with the staged punches, etc.  And Juan Pablo's Spanish delivery was amusing.

I'll derive a great deal more enjoyment from this season once Ben is gone.  And I hope there won't be more stormy seas.  But didn't the previews show some issue with James coming up?  *sigh*

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 am

That whole scene with Brian and the girlfriend was just weird. Is it that they know of these relationships before bringing the person on the show and they bring it out for drama or is it that the other person contacts the show after it starts filming to out the person? Something tells me they may already know about it and may bring them on for drama. MF is sick minded so it wouldn't surprise me. And that whole thing that everyone kept talking through the exchange and wouldn't shut up. Especially the girlfriend and CH was trying to get everybody quiet so he could talk. Nonstop talking...that was annoying because you couldn't keep track of the conversation.

I'm kind of curious about Ben's baby momma as well. How did HE end up with custody? How bad could she be or did he use his son as a prop to draw Des in and he really doesn't have custody of him?...hmmm... 

As to all the kissing, Des did make a comment that basicly said that kissing the guys let her know whether she had a physical connection with them. That's all fine, well and good but there are alot of other aspects of a relationship and if it was me I would have waited to wean the numbers down a little before I went on this kissing spree. Get to know them a little first. If I don't like a guy's personality I certainly don't want to be kissing then for ANY reason.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:39 pm

Rkc I agree with you about that scene with Brian and the girlfriend and believe the whole thing was done for drama and it was stupid as far as I'm concerned.  Yes sure she just showed up out of the blue, so how did she know where he was and where and when to show up?  Uh hun you bet!  She must have some esp on her. 

As far as Ben's baby momma I read somewhere that they tried to make a go of it when they found out she was pregnant and it just didn't work but they have remained good friends and do share in the parenting of the child.  Ben and his son's momma share custody of Brody.  It is Brad that has full custody of his son Maddex and he said his parents were taking care of his son while he was on the show. One of Brad's relatives posts on another site and said that he is very dedicated to his son and does indeed have full custody of him.

As far as all the kissing - all I have to say about that is Yuck.  To me that is a flimsy reason she has given to swap spit every chance she gets and her brother had the nerve to call Sean a playboy - what on earth does he think his darling sister is doing?  Nope not buying her excuse at all.No
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:56 pm

I went to check out the Bachlorette Board and from the looks of next week they are going to have some sort of "beauty pageant"???  Is this for real?? I looked through some of the pics and really had enough after pics 18, 19, and 20.  All the guys standing there with swim trunks or speedos and holding hands and then walking down the catwalk??  WTH...who thought of something like this??  And all these guys went along with this??  I know for sure that there has never been a man that I dated who would participate in this type of stupidity.  If I was the bachlorette I would chose the man who walks out on this.  I certainly won't be watching this part of the show and no, I'm not tolerant of this BS.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Why not, rein?  Women do this all the time.  Humiliating for a guy?  Probably, but I could see Sean doing it.   I'll look at it as a prank they must endure.  At least, it's a change from dropping from a cliff or building.

Maybe MF read the Bach board last season and saw how many complaints there were about the death-defying stunts.  I'm ready for something (ANYthing) new.  We already dangled from the building.  I guess this is the Atlantic City Beauty Pageant (for men).  Beats scaling or dangling from the Ferris Wheel.  Biting nails

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:46 pm

Seeing a bunch of half-naked guys holding hands.....just not my cup of tea.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:50 pm

sdreindeer wrote:Seeing a bunch of half-naked guys holding hands.....just not my cup of tea.
 LOL rein - I have to admit seeing that picture of the men all holding hands was going a bit too far.  I just think the producers are a sick lot.  I think the talent portion may be fun to watch though.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:56 pm

SLA44 wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:Seeing a bunch of half-naked guys holding hands.....just not my cup of tea.

LOL rein - I have to admit seeing that picture of the men all holding hands was going a bit too far.  I just think the producers are a sick lot.  I think the talent portion may be fun to watch though.

I agree that the talent part could be fun.  I'll watch that part and skip the rest...LOL..

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:38 am

rein, I DON'T like the idea of them holding hands.  And please, tell me they aren't wearing speedos?!  *shudder, cringe*   Those things are NOT flattering and belong only in a swim competition.  They Always make me think of Steve Martin & Dan Ackroyd doing the Chech bachelors - "We're wearing tight pants to show off our bul-gez."

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:50 am

Singly there are three that are in speedos, the rest are in regular swim trunks.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:12 am

Here is the chart of the remaining guys left and the shaded out ones that were sent home from TVGrapevine:

Episode 3 - 6/10 - The Bachelorette 9 - Discussion Bachelorette_tracker
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:19 am

Singly, I could not do a reply to your post.  I could not get my cursor out of the quote area.  Anyway, unfortunately a few of the guys have speedos on.  So, when I opened the Bachlorette main page and saw four guys, two in speedos, holding hands I was really thrown back.  To me it appeared as an advertisement in a gay mens' magazine.  And I am not homophobic, but that was my first impression.  Maybe I would have thought otherwise if they were not holding hands.  I showed my husband the picture and he said obviously the ratings have dropped so low that they are trying to pull in the gay viewers.  On the other hand, had they had a bunch of women wearing tongs and fake boobs hanging out, I would have been just as disgusted.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:58 pm

As I said on the other thread:  It figures Ben would be one of the three in speedos. *cringe*  I know it's no different than women with everything hanging out, but ......

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top