Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 12 - Sept. 7, 2015

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 12 - Sept. 7, 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 12 - Sept. 7, 2015

Post by slacknatwork Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:00 am

singlyme wrote:It's funny you say this, glitters.  I was just thinking how Jade blossomed during BIP.  I never thought she was attractive on Chris' season, but once that confident smile broke through.... wow.  Every guy's girl next door.

May I say that Tenley's kiss-off was the kindest, most rational break-up I've ever witnessed.  The woman is amazing (and I don't use that word lightly.) 

I was indifferent to Sam and Nick still being together.  All she did during BIP was pose.

I hope that somewhere down the line, we hear about Carly finding the right guy.

I'm surprised at how few people are commenting on the show in the last couple of weeks.  Have we jumped the gun to DWTS and left this one prematurely behind?

i couldn't have said it all better myself. I was never a Jade fan; not because of her past, but because I never found her remotely interesting. That confident look of love really changed her and I ended the night with goose bumps and feeling totally elated for them!

Tenley- adorable
Sam/Nick- gross and who cares?????
Carly- emotionally immature but I love her

Then there's Cassandra and Jonathon- awesome!! Did that man look smitten or what??
slacknatwork
slacknatwork

Back to top Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 12 - Sept. 7, 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 12 - Sept. 7, 2015

Post by Regina Phalange Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:29 am

My husband mentioned last night that Kirk will be made out to be the bad guy, but that Tenley essentially did the same thing to Josh and wouldn't be as vilified.  I must agree, he has a point.  Maybe we as the viewing audience didn't see the strong emotions and words from Josh and Tenley that we saw from Carly, so perhaps, at least from my own standpoint, we didn't feel their relationship was as deep or invested.

I like that Cassandra and Jonathon are together!  But that creepy stare at just Cassandra while he was responding to CH was totally weird to me.
Regina Phalange
Regina Phalange

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:53 am

Regina Phalange wrote:My husband mentioned last night that Kirk will be made out to be the bad guy, but that Tenley essentially did the same thing to Josh and wouldn't be as vilified.  I must agree, he has a point.  Maybe we as the viewing audience didn't see the strong emotions and words from Josh and Tenley that we saw from Carly, so perhaps, at least from my own standpoint, we didn't feel their relationship was as deep or invested.

I like that Cassandra and Jonathon are together!  But that creepy stare at just Cassandra while he was responding to CH was totally weird to me.
I think your husband saw it from a mans point of view .I don't think men show the same emotions as women but that doesn't mean they feel less!Just because Carly was more dramatic doesn't mean she hurt more,I think it was more ego  on the after show! I thought she was cruel! Ok so you were hurt , doesn't mean he wasnt ,just that he was feeling bad for causing you hurt ,you were hurt because of your ego!  The fairytail ending didn't happen! boo hoo!It wasn' t a long lasting relationship ! Life is full of disappointments,Doesn't mean you have to be so nasty! Hes better off without her! Whew!!! Thats my vent for today!!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Phalange Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:59 am

I feel like I would have definitely behaved differently on the after show had I been in Carly's shoes.  I do feel she is a bit immature.  Although, I feel like her anger is understandable...or should I say "was" because she's had two months or so to get over a three week relationship.  I would think out of the BIP bubble, she'd be a little more level-headed now, but I do have to say I don't agree with how and when Kirk broke up with her.  It was a crappy move and who am I to judge someone's emotional reaction to heartbreak and deception?
Regina Phalange
Regina Phalange

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:29 am

Regina Phalange wrote:I feel like I would have definitely behaved differently on the after show had I been in Carly's shoes.  I do feel she is a bit immature.  Although, I feel like her anger is understandable...or should I say "was" because she's had two months or so to get over a three week relationship.  I would think out of the BIP bubble, she'd be a little more level-headed now, but I do have to say I don't agree with how and when Kirk broke up with her.  It was a crappy move and who am I to judge someone's emotional reaction to heartbreak and deception?
I didn't see the show last night (real football game more important than fake romance), but I absolutely agree that he (or she) who practices the deception or inflicts the pain pretty much waives any right to dictate how the person on the receiving end should react to it at the time.

And only on a bach show would the "victim" be required to rehash the whole sorry event for entertainment purposes.  A rational person in real life would curl up on the bed with her (or his) bff's and a carton of Häagen-Dazs vanilla Swiss almond (or a 6-pack of Budweiser) and rant in private, perhaps plotting the appropriate revenge.
Buckeye Belle
Buckeye Belle
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharonbee Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:36 am

singlyme wrote:I'm surprised at how few people are commenting on the show in the last couple of weeks.  Have we jumped the gun to DWTS and left this one prematurely behind?
I don't watch DWTS. I haven't had much to say about this show because I found most of the people boring. I like Jared and hope to see more of him. I'm glad that Jade and Tanner are together. I'm happy for Jonathan and Cassandra. I hate Samantha. But really this group of people were mostly a snore fest. They spent way too much time on the Joe/Samantha crap and not enough on dates and showing people falling in love. If I want to see cat fights and lovers' quarrels i will watch Jerry Springer. I wish we had a show that focuses on love and romance. Sigh. I'm just too old fashioned I guess.
Sharonbee
Sharonbee

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:37 am

Singly, I thought Tenley is a good breaker upper.  Like, wow, how did she do that?  I guess people are getting either impatient or cynical about BIP and maybe they want to move on to the next thing.  Watching Tanner and Jade get together was worth watching the show.  I love Tanner.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:43 am

I think Kirk is a good guy but he is weak and that's why he broke up with Carly the way he did.  He thought sparing her feelings for a while was more important than being honest with her, but in the end it just made things worse and he didn't want to face that and so he prolonged it.  Even on After Paradise, he came across as wimpy.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by barton2020 Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:51 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Singly, I thought Tenley is a good breaker upper.  Like, wow, how did she do that?  I guess people are getting either impatient or cynical about BIP and maybe they want to move on to the next thing.  Watching Tanner and Jade get together was worth watching the show.  I love Tanner.

I agree Glitters.....they both compliment each other so well...hope they make it.

I don't know about Cassandra and Johnathan......she seems a little spaced out to me  and he seems to be too much, too soon.  We will see.

I hope that Tenley didn't lead Joshua (I think that's his name) on to have more face time on the show because she could have seen early on how different they both were in every way right from the get go.  If this show was about hooking up with someone who you are going to date after the show this should have been red flags to her.

I guess Nick and Samantha are still dating so maybe someday when he is not so awe struck by her so-called beauty he may not find her inner beauty to be desired.

Carly ignored red flags early on with Kirk and he got caught up in the moment but reality set in when he was supposed to be set up with this girl for life....he panicked.

barton2020

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:32 pm

dori1333 wrote:
newto wrote:Singly - I politely disagree with you about Tenley.  She should not have dragged it out if she knew that was what she was going to do.  I would think after all the fiascoes with Kiptyn she'd have had more sense than to go down to the end with this.

I'm not surprised at the small number of comments.  This show jumped the shark a while back and I believe many fans were just turned off.  JMHO.
I have to agree with you ,newto! It doesnt make a difference if its man or woman.Kirk has been criticized for not speaking up sooner ,I feel  the same applies to Tenley! I feel kirk had a problem with expressing his feelings because he didnt want to hurt her! I dont feel the same about Tenley,she knew they didnt have the same lifestyles as she called it!  She just has a more articulate way of excusing herself! I truly believe Kirk cared for Carly and felt terrible and still does!Not so much with Tenley!And it is JMO!

I agree and wasn't Tenley one the girls casting aspersions at Kirk for not telling Carly sooner?  I would venture to say Tenley's and Josh's lifestyles were the same at the beginning as at the end.  I don't give her a pass simply because she acted sweet while doing the same thing. For me, Kirk seemed a lot more conflicted than Tenley.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Indeed BSkeptical! I felt so bad for him ,you could tell he was so uncomfortable ,trying to explain his feelings and all she could  was fire accusations at him! Not so nice,no matter what! it wasn't as if they had years invested!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:00 pm

It appears to me that Tenley just wanted to make sure she was on BIP for EVERY day of the show - at any cost.
I think that she is "worse" than Kirk because she was calculating. As BSkeptical said, their lifestyle differences were the same from day one. She used Josh for a free vacation.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:33 pm

Starz wrote:It appears to me that Tenley just wanted to make sure she was on BIP for EVERY day of the show - at any cost.
I think that she is "worse" than Kirk because she was calculating. As BSkeptical said, their lifestyle differences were the same from day one. She used Josh for a free vacation.
High five  Starz!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Starz wrote:It appears to me that Tenley just wanted to make sure she was on BIP for EVERY day of the show - at any cost.
I believe I saw a picture at RS's site of Tenley modeling one of her new line of T-shirts.  I do believe it was important to Little Miss Tenley to be on screen for the duration.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:16 pm

I'm happy for Tanner and Jade. She wasn't my favorite but I'm hoping that all changes with Tanner. She does seems to light up with him. Hopefully it will last.

Cassandra and Jonathan? Here's the thing with Jonathan that I can't get past. He doesn't seem to have much respect for women. Some of the things he has said disrespects women and he insinuates that they are basically sexual objects to him. I don't like guys like that and I don't trust them. He acted like he was into Juelia and tried to act like he was upset that she let him go...however, last night he said that he was holding out for Cassandra to get there, but he got sent home early. So he's no better than the rest of them. Using someone else to hold out until the one they want arrives. Sorry, but just because a guy has a kid doesn't make him a nice guy.

Yes, maybe Tenley should have broken it off with Josh before that final rose. I guess maybe the reason it wasn't brought up as much in discussions is because Tenley has such a sweet way about her and she was so kind about how she was putting it that it's hard to be mad at her. Josh didn't seem to be real heartbroken either so it's easier to sweep that relationship under the rug.

I don't see Samantha and Nick lasting too long. There has to be something that he is bringing to the table that's holding her interest.

I already stated yesterday that I was somewhere in between where the argument with Carly and Kirk was concerned. After watching them on the after show last night it became clear that there was a lot we didn't see. Apparently up until the last moment Kirk was still saying things to lead Carly to believe they had a shot after BIP. As much as he tried to explain last night it was still like he was trying to defend himself. I can understand why Carly was so angry. She apparently fell hard and the feelings weren't returned in the way she was being lead to believe. Everyone acts different with a bad breakup. Some just go away quietly, some cry a river and bitch to their friends and after a while it's over, some silently envision the other ones demise, and some get angry and hurt and don't want to even hear what the other one has to say as an explanation. Obviously Carly falls into this category. I don't fault her for that. I think it doesn't look good in her favor for her to still act this angry on national television. I would publicly 'forgive' him and secretly plan his take down. lol

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:46 pm

I'm happy for Tanner and Jade, too.  She and Becca were my favorites on Chris' season.  I thought when Jade was dressed up, she looked stunning.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:58 pm

I agree with you Starz and I lost any respect and sympathy that I had for Tenley after what she did on BIP.  And now she is supposedly interested in Ben H?  Why is she now going after a 26 year old guy ( whom I believed just turned 26) when she is 31?  As BSkeptical pointed out earlier on this board there is quite a difference in real estate with Ben just as there was with Josh.  I am coming to think that she is just as phony as the rest of BN and I agree she used Josh for a free vacation and was on BIP for the money.  I don't know if she is just wanting the air time and that is why she would want to appear on Ben's season.  I certainly hope he wouldn't be interested in her for the long term.

I still think that Kirk got cold feet at the last minute but I can also understand how Carly felt blindsided and why she was so upset with him.  I don't think that Kirk is a bad guy but just used poor judgment when he approached Carly before the rose ceremony.

I think Jade and Tanner make a very nice looking couple and they look so happy.  I hope it all works out for them.  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:05 pm

BSkeptical wrote:I'm happy for Tanner and Jade, too.  She and Becca were my favorites on Chris' season.  I thought when Jade was dressed up, she looked stunning.

Becca was my favorite on Chris' season and she is the only one of former franchise contestants that I would like see return for Ben's season.  I think Becca and Ben would be a good match.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:30 am

OT -- I don't know why Becca would want to subject herself to this process twice.  Or anyone, for that matter.  Someone on another board offered the opinion that Becca is nothing but a social climber -- not my words.  I guess time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:26 am

It's probably the same one that wants to see Tenley and Ben H. together and doesn't like Becca.  I have never seen anything that Becca said or did that would paint her as a social climber.  That is just someone's opinion that doesn't like her and if her idea of a social climber is appearing on a Bach franchise show than what is Tenley who has appeared on 3 different Bach franchise programs already?
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:24 am

newto wrote:OT -- I don't know why Becca would want to subject herself to this process twice.  Or anyone, for that matter.  Someone on another board offered the opinion that Becca is nothing but a social climber -- not my words.  I guess time will tell.
I love your avatar.  Gives me chills.  God bless America.

I agree that opinion about Becca is crazy.  I don't think Becca is camera crazy, either, like many of the others.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:34 am

How is Becca a social climber?  They must have her confused with someone else.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:49 pm

For some reason I never took Becca as someone that is a social climber but I also think that anyone that would want to do this process more than once may have some sort of ulterior motive for doing it. 

The problem is Becca has to want to be in a loving, committed, most times sexual relationship to have something long-term. And if there's any chance of it becoming serious than someone has to be willing to move. I just didn't see any of that with her. If you want to go on this show with the intent of just dating someone for a while if you are chosen then what is the point? So you think Ben's cute? Then when his possible relationship from this inevitably falls apart then try to date him in the real world. Why go on this show again unless you secretly like being on tv? Just my opinion.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by OhPlease12 Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:41 pm

I couldn't agree more Starz, isn't it amazing how looks and personality can cloud the real issue?  Tenley tries to come across as sweet and innocent, and yet in the end, she showed very little compassion compared to Kirk, who was so torn up.
OhPlease12
OhPlease12

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:49 pm

OhPlease12 wrote:
I couldn't agree more Starz, isn't it amazing how looks and personality can cloud the real issue?  Tenley tries to come across as sweet and innocent, and yet in the end, she showed very little compassion compared to Kirk, who was so torn up.
Exactly!
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top