Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 2 - Aug. 3, 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 2 - Aug. 3, 2015 Empty Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 2 - Aug. 3, 2015

Post by Guest Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:06 am

Don't know whether to call this Episode 2 or Episode 1 Continued.  I'll change the title if needed.  Please post about tonight's episode here.  Hopefully we will finally have a rose ceremony tonight.  TPTB are pulling the same stunt they pulled on Kaitlyn's season.....have they finally run out of twists and turns?  Stay tuned!!

Back to top Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 2 - Aug. 3, 2015 Empty After Paradise

Post by Lesallee Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:14 am

I was a bit surprised that the extra hour was actually entertaining in spots! Ashley I. really surprised me; she was animated, funny, upbeat and quite articulate. Plus she is a beautiful girl. 

Poor Mikey; I bet he wished he stayed home. He didn't hear anything very flattering.

Interesting comments about Nick by Ashley when she said she had never seen the appeal of Nick until she was seated beside him at a function and began conversing (conversating? LOL) with him. Suddenly he became very attractive to her. Does Nick have some higher gear that kicks in when he is around a lovely lady? Seems like he does.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 2 - Aug. 3, 2015 Empty fainting/ambulance

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:39 am

I think I know why poor Ashley S. fainted.  It was a combination of being dehydrated and not staying cool.  When she was rushed  away, she was wearing what looked like a sundress made out of polyester---that non-breathable fabric.  I don't get why I'm seeing so many things in the stores for summer's hottest days made out of 100% polyester.  I sweat just looking at it on the hanger.  How about more cotton dresses lined with cotton (if lining is needed), or linen, or even rayon would be cooler.  Looking forward to fall here!

Back to top Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 2 - Aug. 3, 2015 Empty Re: Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 2 - Aug. 3, 2015

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:51 am

IsadoraDuncan wrote:I think I know why poor Ashley S. fainted.  It was a combination of being dehydrated and not staying cool.  When she was rushed  away, she was wearing what looked like a sundress made out of polyester---that non-breathable fabric.  I don't get why I'm seeing so many things in the stores for summer's hottest days made out of 100% polyester.  I sweat just looking at it on the hanger.  How about more cotton dresses lined with cotton (if lining is needed), or linen, or even rayon would be cooler.  Looking forward to fall here!

Isadora -- Hi!!  I think I remember you from the motherboard although I have not posted there in ages.  Somewhere I speculated Ashley S. was dehydrated and remarked that when you are in the tropics hydration is critical.  Anytime I've been in the tropics I always have a water bottle in my hand.  As to what she was wearing, good theory!!

OT -- amazed there are so few comments on this episode!!

Back to top Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 2 - Aug. 3, 2015 Empty Re: Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 2 - Aug. 3, 2015

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:44 am

newto wrote:
IsadoraDuncan wrote:I think I know why poor Ashley S. fainted.  It was a combination of being dehydrated and not staying cool.  When she was rushed  away, she was wearing what looked like a sundress made out of polyester---that non-breathable fabric.  I don't get why I'm seeing so many things in the stores for summer's hottest days made out of 100% polyester.  I sweat just looking at it on the hanger.  How about more cotton dresses lined with cotton (if lining is needed), or linen, or even rayon would be cooler.  Looking forward to fall here!

Isadora -- Hi!!  I think I remember you from the motherboard although I have not posted there in ages.  Somewhere I speculated Ashley S. was dehydrated and remarked that when you are in the tropics hydration is critical.  Anytime I've been in the tropics I always have a water bottle in my hand.  As to what she was wearing, good theory!!

OT -- amazed there are so few comments on this episode!!
There are so many other posts on specific subjects that maybe no one thinks it's necessary to put their complete thoughts under one heading. I like to get all of my thoughts on a specific episode out at one time but that doesn't seem to be what we're leaning towards now.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:13 pm

Pondering the reason for so few comments on this specific episode topic I have a theory. The late, lamented ABC board sprouted thread after thread on any and everything after every episode. There was no designated thread for any episode and I think with so many  transplants from there they are just carrying on the way they always did.

Personally, I like the concept of an episode specific thread or topic as it is easier to read the various opinions rather than jumping all over and opening a topic titled So and So's outrageous behaviour only to find the conversation has turned to what fertilizer someone's maiden aunt uses to grow her prizewinning petunias.   

Keep on with the episode topics, newto, eventually all of us ABC board refugees will catch on to the concept.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:40 pm

Lesallee wrote:Pondering the reason for so few comments on this specific episode topic I have a theory. The late, lamented ABC board sprouted thread after thread on any and everything after every episode. There was no designated thread for any episode and I think with so many  transplants from there they are just carrying on the way they always did.

Personally, I like the concept of an episode specific thread or topic as it is easier to read the various opinions rather than jumping all over and opening a topic titled So and So's outrageous behaviour only to find the conversation has turned to what fertilizer someone's maiden aunt uses to grow her prizewinning petunias.   

Keep on with the episode topics, newto, eventually all of us ABC board refugees will catch on to the concept.

That could happen in these threads too, Lesallee.  It's really easy to get side tracked, just like when you are having a face to face conversation with someone.  It may happen less on the episode threads.

I thought the show that followed BIP was much more entertaining.  I would rather have sat through 2 hrs of that.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:10 pm

Lesallee wrote:Pondering the reason for so few comments on this specific episode topic I have a theory. The late, lamented ABC board sprouted thread after thread on any and everything after every episode. There was no designated thread for any episode and I think with so many  transplants from there they are just carrying on the way they always did.

Thank you, Lesalee.  Thanks I am just following along with the way we have always done things here, and this is how it is also done on the other bach/ette board.  We seem to have the software and ability here to be a bit more "organized," if you will, than was possible on the motherboard.  The "refugees" will either catch on to the concept,or they won't.  Whatever they do is fine with me, so long as everybody is happy here.   Very Happy     Fireworks   JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:27 pm

I also wish that folks would stick to ONE thread per episode.
The "motherboard" could have been organized like this one as well. Certain people - several who recently came over here - start a topic for each and every little thought or comment they might have - without first looking to see IF there is already a topic started. AND some of them never even revisit their own topic to read replies - they just start another new topic - grrrrrrrrr.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:36 pm

newto wrote:

Thank you, Lesalee.  Thanks I am just following along with the way we have always done things here, and this is how it is also done on the other bach/ette board.  We seem to have the software and ability here to be a bit more "organized," if you will, than was possible on the motherboard.  The "refugees" will either catch on to the concept,or they won't.  Whatever they do is fine with me, so long as everybody is happy here.   Very Happy     Fireworks   JMHO.
Yes, other message boards I frequent on occasion ask their posters to comment on the latest episode in the episode thread. It just makes it more centralized and easier to read. Obviously if someone wants to talk about something unrelated to the episode a new topic thread is called for. 

All in all, this is a really great forum and I like it better than the old ABC board. Thanks for all your efforts at keeping things flowing smoothly.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:50 pm

I miss the format of the other board.  It just seemed easier to get around.  This board takes up more of my attention and is more detailed.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:51 pm

Lesallee wrote:I was a bit surprised that the extra hour was actually entertaining in spots! Ashley I. really surprised me; she was animated, funny, upbeat and quite articulate. Plus she is a beautiful girl. 

Interesting comments about Nick by Ashley when she said she had never seen the appeal of Nick until she was seated beside him at a function and began conversing (conversating? LOL) with him. Suddenly he became very attractive to her. Does Nick have some higher gear that kicks in when he is around a lovely lady? Seems like he does.
I agree with you about Ashley.  I think she could have her own talk show.  She is very natural.  She is good in front of the camera and the audience.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi Newto and all others.  I only saw a little of the after show.  Thank goodness Ashley I. had stopped crying and was happy for a change. 

Well of course her crying impersonation of Lucille Ball was not fun to watch, but it's all producer driven right?  I mean she really opens her mouth as wide as she can and belts out quite a WAAAAAHHHHHH!!! All I can think of Lucille Ball......bawling.  Could she please shape up for womenkind everywhere, please???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I miss the format of the other board.  It just seemed easier to get around.  This board takes up more of my attention and is more detailed.

It always takes some time to get used to a new board.  When I went from the motherboard to FORT, there was adjustment.  Likewise when I left FORT and went to bachandbachettefans.  I'm still there, and it was an adjustment to come here.  Give yourself and us some time, but do let any of us mods or admins know if you have some ideas that you think will make it more comfortable or improve it.  We are always open to suggestions. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:11 pm

Thank you.  I will do that.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top