Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015 Empty Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:13 pm

Join in the "countdown" here.

Back to top Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015 Empty Re: Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015

Post by rkc1960 Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:57 am

Is anyone else ready to get this finished up this week? This season of BIP has been more than like watching a wreck....it has been like watching a massive pileup on the interstate!  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015 Empty Re: Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:20 am

I don't see how they can drag this out past tomorrow.
DWTS starts on the 14th.  My patience is exhausted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Sep 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Here in Edmonton, Alberta we are having a rainy Labour Day weekend (first significant moisture since 2014) and hubby is away. I finished my thousand page book last night and I'm thinking, well what's on TV on Sunday. First thought - well, there are those idiots on BIP. Now isn't that a sad commentary! Even sadder, I will sit here and watch it! But I will play on the iPad at the same time.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Sad, isn't it, how something we used to look forward to has become something we do because there's nothing better.....I truly think this franchise will not last much longer.  JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:31 am

Jared/Ashley -- IMHO he is too much of a gentleman to have taken her virginity.  Also, I think he knew this relationship was not going to last and was not going to deceive her just to have sex with her.

Kirk/Carly -- He did not respect her after they broke up.  His following her around was infantile.  I think he really had feelings for her and got cold feet but he handled it so very poorly.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:55 am

I also think it was a case of Kirk's cold feet.  I must say it's likely my attitude would have been the same as Carly's.  However, I could also understand Kirk's need to fix the pain he had caused.  He was rather relentless, but one might see it as fighting a kid to put medicine on an abrasion.  I believe he thought he could ease her pain if he could only explain his feelings.

Jade and Tenley truly impress me with the deep empathy they have for their friends.  Rather like real life instead of the shallow people we see on these shows.  Jade is a good hugger.

Speaking of shallow people:  Samantha looked like she wanted to gag when Nick hung on to continue kissing.  She swooped in for the first, just to seal that rose.  I almost heard Joe's voice in an echo, "Just gimme the rose."  The crazy thing is, I think she had real feelings for Joe.  The lie had her trapped into letting him go.  Can't say I feel the least bit sorry for her because she does appear to be a self-serving bitch.  If beauty is everything to these guys, they might try an expensive blow-up doll.  Seriously, did she ever show any winning personality?   Just that "heh-heh-heh" laugh. 

For me, this hasn't been a bad season.  It gave me someone to root for in Jade, Tenley and Carly.  I wish they'd shown more interaction between these girls and their guys instead of Juelia's whining and the Samantha saga.  But hey, I like romance.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Bach98133 Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:35 am

newto wrote:I don't see how they can drag this out past tomorrow.
Maybe it is time for me to work on a DWTS banner to replace the Bachelor in Paradise banner.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Bach98133
Bach98133
Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:33 am

Bach98133 wrote:
newto wrote:I don't see how they can drag this out past tomorrow.
Maybe it is time for me to work on a DWTS banner to replace the Bachelor in Paradise banner.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Oh, Bach a DWTS banner would be great! You are much more creative than I am so I won't venture any suggestions.  

Cheer
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015 Empty Samantha (again, sigh!)

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:51 am

Samantha and Nick off on a first date. They have an accomplished chef preparing a scrumptious multi course meal served in a lovely setting. Then, as an opening conversational gambit the lovely but totally self absorbed Sam says to Nick, "Why were you so determined to pursue ME?" And the superficial Nick says "Because you're so hot" or words to that effect. Which seems to have been the exact form of validation Silly Samantha needed as she responded with her trademark goofy laugh. 

Laughing
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:35 pm

Is this show over now?  When does DWTS start?
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:36 pm

If nothing else, we won't have to look at Samantha much longer or listen to her inane prattle.  Sorry she just turns me off.  I suspect she and Nick will break up tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:37 pm

BAL91182 wrote:Is this show over now?  When does DWTS start?
This show will be over after tonight.   Woo hoo

Next Monday, Sept. 14 at 8 pm Eastern time is when DWTS begins.  Fireworks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:38 pm

If nothing else, we won't have to look at Samantha much longer or listen to her inane prattle.  Sorry she just turns me off.  I suspect she and Nick will break up tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:19 pm

I actually watched this train wreck last night. My thoughts . . .

Jared & Ashley did not have sex. Jared is a gentleman all the way. At only 26, he is the most mature person on BIP - and maybe all of BN. I really like and respect him.

I think that Ashley did grow up a bit on BIP. I hope so. I have always liked her even on the Bach.

I can "understand" Carly to a point, however, she showed herself to be very immature and lacking in human understanding. Kirk really did care for her and was getting cold feet as 99.9% of men do when they are falling for someone. She could have used that to her advantage and made their relationship even stronger. But being an immature brat, she flushed a good thing down the toilet.

Jade & Tanner - I haven't watched the show enough to comment, although, everything last night seemed fine.

Nick & Samantha deserve each other. Yuck

JJ & Cassandra? Too soon to tell.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:30 pm

I think Kirk comes across as kind of weak.  That is probably why he was attracted to Carly.  She is the stronger one.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:37 pm

I almost get the feeling that Samantha isn't really interested in a relationship with anyone.   I don't even think that she cares how her attractiveness affects men.  She seems kind of detached from things.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:41 pm

I'm glad that Jared didn't sleep with Ashley. I didn't think he would because he seems like he has a better head on his shoulders than to sleep with someone, especially a virgin if he wasn't into her. I don't know that she grew up any doing this show as she said. Maybe because when describing why she felt like she was falling for him that she kept talking about his looks and how perfect he is and not talking about anything of substance. 

Samantha just gives me the creeps each week I watch her. She truly reminds me of a black widow spider and each guy gets caught in her web of deceit and she just eats them alive. Just watching her eyes and facial expressions when she's with these guys just looks....almost evil. Her love of herself is so obvious. I really don't think she came on this show for anything more than to promote herself. Whatever she tries to do next will reveal to us all what she was going after by being on this show. And I agree with what you said earlier, Singly. When she was on that date with Nick she wanted to secure that rose for herself. She swooped in for a kiss and obviously she didn't like it because the look on her face when he came back for a second looked almost pained and her lips were glued closed so it was as impersonal as possible.   

Who knows when it comes to Cassandra and Justin. I don't understand all of these women going after him. I just don't see the attraction, I guess. I did have to laugh though when Justin turned Jaclyn down. She really doesn't take rejection very well, does she? She is mean as a snake and not attractive to boot. I did remember who Nick was when he hit her up for that date card. I remember now he was the one that decided to keep the money at the end of BP and not share it with Rachel which didn't go over well.

As to the rose ceremony, I'm glad Dan just went home. I liked him in the beginning but when he thought he had a connection with Samantha and catered to her when she was told last week how little the others thought of her...eh...and this week he thought that the only other one left he could be interested in was Cassandra and Justin gave her a rose...well, it was time for him to go. Mikey trying to give his rose to Mackenzie after dumping Juelia was odd. They didn't show us any interaction between them so it seemed out of left field. Which reminds me of him dumping Juelia in the beginning. I don't get why she got so upset. After Ashley I. Juelia is the next biggest crier. I don't get why these women with kids come on these shows to find a baby daddy. These guys tend to be mostly shallow and they probably don't want an instant family. Better to just find someone in real life. I think more than not it is probably exactly what Chris B. said last week when he announced his retirement. He said he became addicted to being on tv and that is probably the most honest thing he has ever said and I'm sure 95% of these people if not more do the same thing. 

As to Carly and Kirk, I have read the opinions that go both ways. I am somewhere in between. Carly was terribly hurt and that was obvious. I think Kirk should have done it sooner than what he did. When she started talking about marriage and babies then that would have been the time to tell her...not after. He should have slowed her down. I don't think he meant to hurt her so terribly but if he cared for her like he said then why couldn't he just have said that he'd like to see where this goes back in the real world but he needed to slow down a lot. I think Carly would have taken it a lot better if he had put it that way. Instead he basically said that he didn't even want to try to see if they could have a relationship outside of the show. That is why she felt so used by him. I have seen people react as she did where they don't want to even talk to that person after. That is coming from a place of falling for someone and feeling like they just used you. His following her and telling her that she deserved his explanation seemed really more about him needing to explain it to her so he could ease his own mind.   

Last edited by rkc1960 on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:05 pm

Amen, RKC, to everything you said.   Flowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:23 am

Lesallee wrote:Samantha and Nick off on a first date. They have an accomplished chef preparing a scrumptious multi course meal served in a lovely setting. Then, as an opening conversational gambit the lovely but totally self absorbed Sam says to Nick, "Why were you so determined to pursue ME?" And the superficial Nick says "Because you're so hot" or words to that effect. Which seems to have been the exact form of validation Silly Samantha needed as she responded with her trademark goofy laugh. 

Laughing
Every single time that Nick talked about Samantha, the only thing he commented on was her physical beauty. Nothing at all was said about her "fantastic personality or her warmth".

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:43 am

rkc, a "like" for you.  I thought Carly's reaction was understandable.  Kirk had put a knife in her heart, and his insistence on talking about it translated to taking out that knife and plunging it back in repeatedly.  She couldn't deal with the pain he was causing and refused to prolong it.

Kirk, on the other, saw the pain he caused and thought further explanation could buffer it.  I don't think he's a bad guy, just one who got caught up in a whirlwind before he came to his senses about real life.

zinartwo, this is the same thing I observed.  The men were behaving as if she were some kind of trophy to be won.  Kissing him appeared so repugnant to her, it's surprising they're still together.  Perhaps he's financing a photo shoot?  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by barton2020 Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:35 am

I think that that the set-up on this show gives people a false sense of reality...ha, ha......don't we all know that!

Kirk to me was in this so-called relationship where he was SUPPOSED to be so ready to be in that he wanted her for eternity.  He went along with this to that point when reality came into view and commitment was the next step, he was so not at that point. He panicked big time.  He just came from another relationship that he probably was still getting over and now he was suddenly supposed to be in another commitment with a stranger (who he liked a lot).  He did not go along with the charade in the end and didn't put them in the whole final rose monstrosity.

Carly wants to be with someone ...  now.  In her haze of wanting to be married she did not listen to him early on when he said he was getting over someone and may not be ready for someone quickly.  She had red flags but did not want to see them early on. She went to bed with him thinking this would change his mind and seal the deal.  Of course he then was in this more than he thought he would be. Reality set in late............... but it set in.

Some men to me who are still grieving a lost relationship (divorce, long standing love) will be vunerable to a point with a new person to ease the pain but eventually move on til they get their emotions in place to be with someone new....same with some women. 

Hopefully Carly will get this as time goes on....he could not give her what she wanted so soon, if ever...... so he bowed out.

Most of the guys who went on this show stated they wanted to have some fun in Mexico, free drinks and booze.  I think Joe would not have even gone on the show if he didn't think that Samantha would have been on.  Even Tanner who got engaged to Jade said the same thing about his reason for going on the show.

barton2020

Back to top Go down

Post by h28koala Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:36 pm

I am behind and haven't watched Season Finale yet - But with Kirk and Carly I saw the red flags from him when she was talking to him about marriage and kids and that he was her idiot - he didn't respond at all.  She scared him away.  I also don't think he was breaking up with her - did anyone else think that he just wanted to go slower?  That he wanted to try dating after the show but didn't want her to think that he was proposing? 

Kirk just came off a break up - I think he was emotionally in upheaval and just not quite ready to be in love yet.  They could have kept working at it.  I thought she came across really immature and reminded me why I'm not a fan of hers. 

I agree with what someone said above - how kick ass is Jade as a friend!  I have loved her from day one and I wish we got more screen time of Jade and Carly and the real relationships instead of the stupid drama with Samantha.  Who cares about her or Joe?  Carly was yelling for Jade when she was upset and you can tell why.  She is a really great friend and so nice.  I really hope for the best for her.

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:53 pm

When Carly was on After Paradise she explained that when she said she wanted kids, she meant like 5 years from now and not tomorrow.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:25 pm

h28koala wrote:I am behind and haven't watched Season Finale yet - But with Kirk and Carly I saw the red flags from him when she was talking to him about marriage and kids and that he was her idiot - he didn't respond at all.  She scared him away.  I also don't think he was breaking up with her - did anyone else think that he just wanted to go slower?  That he wanted to try dating after the show but didn't want her to think that he was proposing? 

Kirk just came off a break up - I think he was emotionally in upheaval and just not quite ready to be in love yet.  They could have kept working at it.  I thought she came across really immature and reminded me why I'm not a fan of hers. 

I agree with what someone said above - how kick ass is Jade as a friend!  I have loved her from day one and I wish we got more screen time of Jade and Carly and the real relationships instead of the stupid drama with Samantha.  Who cares about her or Joe?  Carly was yelling for Jade when she was upset and you can tell why.  She is a really great friend and so nice.  I really hope for the best for her.
I totally agree with you!
Especially that Kirk just wanted to go slower - not stop all together.
Carly jumped to conclusions and ended the relationship. He kept wanting to talk to her to explain that he still wanted to see her but she was in her spoiled brat, drama queen, self-righteous mode and would not listen.
She was obnoxious on the After Paradise show as well.
I hope she finds "love & happiness" out in the real world so that I never have to see her on TV again.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top