Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015

Post by Starz Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:When Carly was on After Paradise she explained that when she said she wanted kids, she meant like 5 years from now and not tomorrow.
And Kirk should have been able to read her mind? She did not tell him "in 5 years".
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor in Paradise - Episode 11 - Sept. 6, 2015

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:35 pm

I'm not defending her.  I'm just repeating what she said.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Starz wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:When Carly was on After Paradise she explained that when she said she wanted kids, she meant like 5 years from now and not tomorrow.
And Kirk should have been able to read her mind? She did not tell him "in 5 years".

Sounds like revisionist history to me.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:33 pm

Starz wrote:

He could have asked her to clarify, if it was a concern.  He also could have responded with, "I would love to have children in a couple of years," or something along those lines.  In my opinion, it was his fault for that miscommunication.  The most important thing in any relationship is having good communication.  That is one of the keys to a successful relationship, and from the sound of if, these two were lacking in that department.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:39 pm

USN wrote:
He could have asked her to clarify, if it was a concern.  He also could have responded with, "I would love to have children in a couple of years," or something along those lines.  In my opinion, it was his fault for that miscommunication.  The most important thing in any relationship is having good communication.  That is one of the keys to a successful relationship, and from the sound of if, these two were lacking in that department.
Yes.  Going with that, we could say he was jumping to conclusions about what she said.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by h28koala Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:07 pm

I really think that Carly was very immature.  I never saw them long term staying together and he knew that deep down as well.  That was why he didn't want to do the overnight date originally half way through Paradise.  Kirk was older, and in a different place in his life.  He is more rounded than Carly.  I think that he had some doubts about their suitability.  I thought she acted a bit smug about their relationship the entire time - and I quote the best I can but I remember her saying: "I think that Juelia was looking for what Jade and I have found and it wasn't there..."  things like that. 

I think you learn the time and the setting for when to talk to your guy about serious long term stuff.  Carly was in a bubble (BIP induced) and I think spoke about that stuff too soon.  Kirk wasn't trying to lead her on, he wanted her to know he wasn't there.

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:35 pm

h28koala wrote:I really think that Carly was very immature.  I never saw them long term staying together and he knew that deep down as well.  That was why he didn't want to do the overnight date originally half way through Paradise.  Kirk was older, and in a different place in his life.  He is more rounded than Carly.  I think that he had some doubts about their suitability.  I thought she acted a bit smug about their relationship the entire time - and I quote the best I can but I remember her saying: "I think that Juelia was looking for what Jade and I have found and it wasn't there..."  things like that. 

I think you learn the time and the setting for when to talk to your guy about serious long term stuff.  Carly was in a bubble (BIP induced) and I think spoke about that stuff too soon.  Kirk wasn't trying to lead her on, he wanted her to know he wasn't there.

I agree, I think Kirk was in way over his head and he did the best he could to extricate himself.  Assuming he watched the show, I wonder if he was surprised how smug Carly came off in her ITMs.  I also wonder if Carly's hair and eyebrows look at bad in real life as they do on camera.  I liked Carly on Chris' season, thought she was hilarious, but I didn't care for her ego and sense of entitlement this time.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:07 pm

There is only three years age difference between Carly and Kirk.  I thought Carly looked like she lost weight on BIP.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top