We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - Page 3 Empty Re: We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Post by GymGirlJane Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:20 pm

luvthepros wrote:

I love this place. Bach is so helpful. I love the look of the board, including the colors.........soooooo soothing. Love the emoticons, and all the html stuff too. I think we will all be very happy here.
The emoticons rock.  Seriously.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - Page 3 Empty Re: We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Post by MrsMaks2u Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Lesallee wrote: Hopefully more old friends (kincaid, kaylin, Mrs Maks, and more) will find the path to this board.

Well, hello fellow refugees.  Just found out our former "home" is being condemned Crying Does anyone know how long it will stay up before it disappears forever?  It was just a fluke that I went there today and saw the announcement.   So happy to see y'all!  I just hope other "regulars" find their way. 

Thanks to the folks of this board for allowing us to congregate here Love

MrsMaks2u
MrsMaks2u

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:15 pm

MrsMaks2u wrote:
Lesallee wrote: Hopefully more old friends (kincaid, kaylin, Mrs Maks, and more) will find the path to this board.

Well, hello fellow refugees.  Just found out our former "home" is being condemned Crying Does anyone know how long it will stay up before it disappears forever?  It was just a fluke that I went there today and saw the announcement.   So happy to see y'all!  I just hope other "regulars" find their way. 

Aww, good, one more familiar friend from the late, lamented ABC board. Slowly people are trickling in. This is a nice place to be, MrsM, without the petty meanness towards fellow posters that too often cropped up on the old board. 

I think the old board is scheduled for demolition Aug 10.

Fireworks Glad you are here!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsMaks2u Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:46 pm

Thanks Lesallee!  Glad you're here too Very Happy I must've been editing my post while you were replying lol.  I realized the 10th would be when it disappears.  I guess I was thinking that would be the last date to post and maybe it would stay up awhile like it is now.  Heck......I don't know what I was thinking....guess I'm still in a bit of shock over this.

Hopefully the petty, bitter posters will not find their way here in time!!
MrsMaks2u
MrsMaks2u

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:01 pm

I was hoping you would find you way here MrsMaks!!!!

Welcome

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:36 am

MrsMaks2u wrote:

Hey -- welcome Mrs.Maks!!!  Its good to see a steady flow of familiar names.  I do think other folks will find their way here -- as the DWTS MB will be up until the 10th.  If not, new friends will emerge I have no doubt.  We shall see . . . .  Biting nails
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:38 am

GymGirlJane wrote:
MrsMaks2u wrote:

Hey -- welcome Mrs.Maks!!!  Its good to see a steady flow of familiar names.  I do think other folks will find their way here -- as the DWTS MB will be up until the 10th.  If not, new friends will emerge I have no doubt.  We shall see . . . .  Biting nails
I join the chorus- good to see Mrs Maks! Jane, I think you make a good point mentioning new friends. Though the special bond between the abc-victims remains, I have already reminded myself not to behave like living in a ghetto, but be open for new people and topics. I think there is a lot to discover, and the best thing is nothing's really OT.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:55 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:

I join the chorus- good to see Mrs Maks! Jane, I think you make a good point mentioning new friends. Though the special bond between the abc-victims remains, I have already reminded myself not to behave like living in a ghetto, but be open for new people and topics.
Agreed.  But still . . . . .I could use me a little BuddyMass right now.   Darn

So, looking forward to new MB friends joining in the fun.  But also hoping for more of the old to appear.   Biting nails
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:50 pm

Woot!  I see a ton of names I recognize!  Thanks Bach98133 for giving us a great home!  Woo hoo
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:55 pm

piratealikat wrote:Woot!  I see a ton of names I recognize!  Thanks Bach98133 for giving us a great home!  Woo hoo
Miss Pi!!!!  Welcome!!!
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:59 pm

GymGirlJane wrote:
piratealikat wrote:Woot!  I see a ton of names I recognize!  Thanks Bach98133 for giving us a great home!  Woo hoo
Miss Pi!!!!  Welcome!!!
Hi Miss Jane!  Thank you!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxeterna Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:00 am

GymGirlJane wrote:I agree Lux.  It has something (a good deal) to do with the fact that you are not restricted to 140 characters (as per twitter) and it is just more conducive to actual discourse (unlike facebook).  It is something like the difference between an essay and a bumper sticker.

So, Jane, on another note, regarding avatars... Do you think the similar (yet dated) photo or cartoon stereotype is more fitting here?
Luxeterna
Luxeterna

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:23 am

Luxeterna wrote:

So, Jane, on another note, regarding avatars... Do you think the similar (yet dated) photo or cartoon stereotype is more fitting here?
Not sure what you mean Lux.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxeterna Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:18 am

GymGirlJane wrote:
Luxeterna wrote:

I was asking your opinion. Should I change my avatar back to the cartoon or stay with the old photo of RST?

I have some minutes between flights in this lounge, but I may be in the air again before you respond.

Coffee   Sleepy     Beer    Airplane    (and ... repeat ...)
Luxeterna
Luxeterna

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:48 pm

Luxeterna wrote:
GymGirlJane wrote:
Luxeterna wrote:

I was asking your opinion. Should I change my avatar back to the cartoon or stay with the old photo of RST?

I have some minutes between flights in this lounge, but I may be in the air again before you respond.

Well,   Thinking   the cartoon thing worked for me -- because, as you are aware, this is the image (or close to the image) many of us have of you.  

Happy flight Lux.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:57 pm

haven't visited the ABC DWTS message board in a long while...mainly because it has been ultra frustrating...then saw the post about this forum....so i joined....

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Good to see you here! Next monday,the abc board will be history anyway.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:07 pm

MrsMaks2u wrote:

Well, hello fellow refugees.  Just found out our former "home" is being condemned :crying1: Does anyone know how long it will stay up before it disappears forever?  It was just a fluke that I went there today and saw the announcement.   So happy to see y'all!  I just hope other "regulars" find their way. 

Thanks to the folks of this board for allowing us to congregate here :love2:

That is what happened to me too. It was a fluke that I went to the ABC board last week. I usually don't go back to the ABC DWTS board until a couple of weeks before the season starts. Lucky I did because if the board is completely gone by August 10th, I would not have known about this forum.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:33 pm

I just realized....a thread I had started last week is gone. It was called "Wishlists for this forum". In that thread, Bach had explained to me some of the ins and outs of this forum. He included snap shots of some of the screens with explanations. Now that thread is gone. Crying
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:12 pm

luvthepros wrote:I just realized....a thread I had started last week is gone. It was called "Wishlists for this forum". In that thread, Bach had explained to me some of the ins and outs of this forum. He included snap shots of some of the screens with explanations. Now that thread is gone. Crying

Luvthepros, your thread is still here.  It's under the section, "Board Rules and Guidelines."
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:14 am

USN wrote:
luvthepros wrote:I just realized....a thread I had started last week is gone. It was called "Wishlists for this forum". In that thread, Bach had explained to me some of the ins and outs of this forum. He included snap shots of some of the screens with explanations. Now that thread is gone. :crying1:

Luvthepros, your thread is still here.  It's under the section, "Board Rules and Guidelines."
Thank you for letting me know. I went to that section and still don't see my thread. :cry:
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:40 am

luvthepros -- I found it.  It's a thread in "Guest messages and admin messages."  Hope this helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:22 pm

luvthepros wrote:
USN wrote:
luvthepros wrote:I just realized....a thread I had started last week is gone. It was called "Wishlists for this forum". In that thread, Bach had explained to me some of the ins and outs of this forum. He included snap shots of some of the screens with explanations. Now that thread is gone. Crying

Thank you for letting me know. I went to that section and still don't see my thread. Crying or Very sad
Sorry about that Luvthepros, I got the forums mixed up.  Newto is right, it's under Guest Messages. and Admin Messages. 
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxeterna Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:53 pm

GymGirlJane wrote:
Luxeterna wrote:
GymGirlJane wrote:
Luxeterna wrote:

Well,   Thinking   the cartoon thing worked for me -- because, as you are aware, this is the image (or close to the image) many of us have of you.  

Happy flight Lux.

Flight was OK, landing was fine, too... It is a nice morning. Having tea with my beloved "in-laws" as you might say. Early risers all. The ladies are in their element. Feels like home again. Cool out, bit of drizzle, typical for August here. Happy Sunday!

I could not find the avatar. Perhaps it was saved locally on another device. So I am test driving another, as DMD suggested. I shall change it back when I find it...
Luxeterna
Luxeterna

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:22 am

Luxeterna wrote:

Flight was OK, landing was fine, too... It is a nice morning. Having tea with my beloved "in-laws" as you might say. Early risers all. The ladies are in their element. Feels like home again. Cool out, bit of drizzle, typical for August here. Happy Sunday!

I could not find the avatar. Perhaps it was saved locally on another device. So I am test driving another, as DMD suggested. I shall change it back when I find it...
Ahhh . . . .a close enough approximation  -- but just not quite it.

Where are you Lux?  You may have told us -- but I missed it.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum