We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - Page 5 Empty Re: We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Post by luvthepros Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:35 am

I just found out yesterday DWTS premiers show is the same day and time as SYTYCD finale show when the winner is revealed. I am an avid fan of both shows but I have decided to watch SYTYCD live and watch DWTS on my DVR. I wish I didn't have to make this decision. This is the first time there has been a conflict like this with these two shows.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - Page 5 Empty Re: We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Post by Psychee22 Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:08 pm

luvthepros wrote:I just found out yesterday DWTS premiers show is the same day and time as SYTYCD finale show when the winner is revealed. I am an avid fan of both shows but I have decided to watch SYTYCD live and watch DWTS on my DVR. I wish I didn't have to make this decision. This is the first time there has been a conflict like this with these two shows.

Boy, that is frustrating!  I can't imagine why the producers at either of these shows would create competition for themselves that way.  The audience for both the premiers and the finales are usually the largest and their advertising income in the future depends pretty heavily on that, I would think.  But what do I know? 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Tell it like it is: things like that only happen to idiots at work. Pull hair
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxeterna Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:18 am

GymGirlJane wrote:
Luxeterna wrote:

Flight was OK, landing was fine, too... It is a nice morning. Having tea with my beloved "in-laws" as you might say. Early risers all. The ladies are in their element. Feels like home again. Cool out, bit of drizzle, typical for August here. Happy Sunday!

I could not find the avatar. Perhaps it was saved locally on another device. So I am test driving another, as DMD suggested. I shall change it back when I find it...
Ahhh . . . .a close enough approximation  -- but just not quite it.

Where are you Lux?  You may have told us -- but I missed it.

At that time, we were in Tomsk. Much occurred since then. I have been lurking off and on from abroad. The wedding was wonderful, including the celebrations following. After all the hoopla in Izhevsk, we elected to take a car and drive to Chelyabinsk and back by scenic routes. A much better undertaking in summertime than in fall, but it was nice.

We stopped in Elabuga for lunch on a spectacular overlook. And we almost made it as far as Ufa, but the combination of bad road and worse drivers caused an accident in which our car was destroyed. It was a Toyota Landcruiser Executive. We rolled a few times, but no serious injuries, really. Airbags (SRS) worked exceptionally well. Others in other vehicles did not fare so well, sad to say.

Still, we all went to hospital in Ufa, and with an annoying cut on my scalp, I was kept for observation (mostly upon the insistence of my Wife and our Daughter.) My Cousin and his Wife were quite shaken, as well. Then came the legal issues. The company who owns the car wanted it transported back to Izhevsk at my expense. Insurance in Russia is not as it is in America, so everything works differently.

In the long run, all was settled, but then I was "invited" to a hearing, in Ufa, and I was prevented from departure. In court there, responsibility is often decided based upon who has the most money of clout. But, I am all about justice, so I tend fight for issues that others would let pass. So, my advocate ended up representing some less prosperous persons who would have lost all for lack of representation. In the end, I feel justice was served. Those at fault were not happy, but the world is changing, even there.

So, now I am back here again. Not quite in the swing of it, though... I did get to see the season opener, but I did not get to vote. Great to see Anya, but a bit sorry to see her with Gary. I have not chosen a favourite as of yet.
Luxeterna
Luxeterna

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:35 pm

Lux, first let me say I'm glad you're back with us! What an ordeal you've been through- sounds like a nightmare. The Land Cruiser was a good choice; I've had two of them and always felt exceptionally safe in there.  This is probably a story your greatgrandchildren will be talking about. Anyway, a little chatting and a dance show may help to lighten the mood.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:57 pm

Luxeterna wrote:

At that time, we were in Tomsk. Much occurred since then. I have been lurking off and on from abroad. The wedding was wonderful, including the celebrations following. After all the hoopla in Izhevsk, we elected to take a car and drive to Chelyabinsk and back by scenic routes. A much better undertaking in summertime than in fall, but it was nice.

We stopped in Elabuga for lunch on a spectacular overlook. And we almost made it as far as Ufa, but the combination of bad road and worse drivers caused an accident in which our car was destroyed. It was a Toyota Landcruiser Executive. We rolled a few times, but no serious injuries, really. Airbags (SRS) worked exceptionally well. Others in other vehicles did not fare so well, sad to say.

Still, we all went to hospital in Ufa, and with an annoying cut on my scalp, I was kept for observation (mostly upon the insistence of my Wife and our Daughter.) My Cousin and his Wife were quite shaken, as well. Then came the legal issues. The company who owns the car wanted it transported back to Izhevsk at my expense. Insurance in Russia is not as it is in America, so everything works differently.

In the long run, all was settled, but then I was "invited" to a hearing, in Ufa, and I was prevented from departure. In court there, responsibility is often decided based upon who has the most money of clout. But, I am all about justice, so I tend fight for issues that others would let pass. So, my advocate ended up representing some less prosperous persons who would have lost all for lack of representation. In the end, I feel justice was served. Those at fault were not happy, but the world is changing, even there.

So, now I am back here again. Not quite in the swing of it, though... I did get to see the season opener, but I did not get to vote. Great to see Anya, but a bit sorry to see her with Gary. I have not chosen a favourite as of yet.

Hey Lux -- happy to know you did your part to bring some measure of justice to the Russian legal system.  Happier still that you survived this terrible ordeal with only a cut (which I trust is healing or healed) and that your wife and DD are fine.  As for me I have been busy through the roof and missed the show completely.  Will miss it this evening as well.  I think I am unenthused about the cast -- but perhaps i will get drawn in.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:59 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Lux, first let me say I'm glad you're back with us! What an ordeal you've been through- sounds like a nightmare. The Land Cruiser was a good choice; I've had two of them and always felt exceptionally safe in there.  This is probably a story your greatgrandchildren will be talking about. Anyway, a little chatting and a dance show may help to lighten the mood.
Volvo, Volvo, Volvo.  Safest car in town.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:02 pm

In town maybe, but not in country.

Btw: hope you enjoyed your vacation more than Lux did...
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxeterna Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:56 am

DeadManDancing wrote:Lux, first let me say I'm glad you're back with us! What an ordeal you've been through- sounds like a nightmare. The Land Cruiser was a good choice; I've had two of them and always felt exceptionally safe in there.  This is probably a story your greatgrandchildren will be talking about. Anyway, a little chatting and a dance show may help to lighten the mood.

It was quite an inconvenience. The accident itself was frightful, but I did not feel any fear, almost as if I was observing someone else. I did not know I had an injury until several minutes later, after caring for everyone else. Odd how that works. The SUV handled the accident exceptionally well. The rollover was unavoidable and physically dynamic. It was precipitated by a hard clip at the rear left corner, like a PIT maneuver - once the SUV spun sideways, it began rolling. Had we been a meter further along, the clip would have been avoided. I am so grateful for the SRS passive restraints which centered us in an air cushion and mitigated injury quite well. Of course, we were all sore from the torsion, but only temporarily. I still feel the poor condition of the Russian roadways is a significant culprit. Obstacle course maneuvers to avoid holes in pavement lead to many accidents. Were are so spoiled in the West having excellent pavement which we take for granted...
Luxeterna
Luxeterna

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxeterna Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:24 am

GymGirlJane wrote:
Luxeterna wrote:

Hey Lux -- happy to know you did your part to bring some measure of justice to the Russian legal system.  Happier still that you survived this terrible ordeal with only a cut (which I trust is healing or healed) and that your wife and DD are fine.  As for me I have been busy through the roof and missed the show completely.  Will miss it this evening as well.  I think I am unenthused about the cast -- but perhaps i will get drawn in.

Yes, I too am happy beyond words that they were unhurt. D had driven the SUV a bit earlier that day, and I am so glad it did not happen at that time. She loved it, but she loves her own SUV much more, in spite of it being much less modern.

Well, I should state, there are good judges and good barristers in Russia. The system itself is flawed, and those with lesser ethical impetus often take advantage of the flaws. Perhaps it is the same everywhere. I had an opportunity to prevent injustice this time and it was successful. Those who would have have significant losses were protected. But the system is unaffected.

The insurance system there is more flawed, and I do feel a bit sorry for the owners of the SUV I rented. I do hope they will get the benefit of the insurance policy. The last I heard, they were still negotiating. It is a pity my American insurance did not cover it.
Luxeterna
Luxeterna

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:01 pm

Hi Jane! Hoping you check in from time to time.........miss your lively conversations with board members Laughing Hope to hear from you soon!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:21 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Hi Jane! Hoping you check in from time to time.........miss your lively conversations with board members Laughing Hope to hear from you soon!!!
I am not watching DWTS this season (there was just no one who interested me star wise) -- but I did just drop in to see who was around.  I will drop in every now and then and maybe catch you all again next season.  Thanks for the shout out Kincaid!!
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Luxeterna wrote:

Well, I should state, there are good judges and good barristers in Russia. The system itself is flawed, and those with lesser ethical impetus often take advantage of the flaws. Perhaps it is the same everywhere. 
My sense is it may be more so in Russia than in some other countries . . . .
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:16 pm

Good to hear from you Jane! Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum