We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - Page 2 Empty Re: We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:15 am

GymGirlJane wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:Oh Jane, you really are a material girl. Monetary compensation? From ABC or what? That's a good laugh. Btw: we experienced a warm welcome, so who needs warm blankets? Man dance
Material girl?  Noop.  I'm  a lawyer.  Just defending our legal rights.  However, we will have to demand these rights from our host forum, not the forum which expelled us  -- which does seem downright ungrateful.  

So perhaps we should just let the whole thing slide and hold hands and sing   Kumbaya

I hope you're kidding about "compensation."  When you sign on to a board, you give the host complete control over what you write.  Your posts can be edited, deleted, etc. at the whim of the moderator(s).  ABC was very open about that.  We are glad to welcome any and all of you warmly and are happy you found us.  I think you will find our admins and moderators to be reasonable people, experienced in board postings, and full of common sense.  I have posted with all of them at one time or another, and they are "cool people."

Back to top Go down

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - Page 2 Empty Re: We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

Post by Guest Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:19 am

DeadManDancing wrote:
Starz wrote:
 Noooooo! Not Maks getting married! I will be crushed - Ha - As IF I ever had a chance. . . . but one can dream.
Don't worry too much. I think Val is still available. Wink

Either Maks or Val will do for me.  OMG what bodies.......

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - Page 2 996f463a1323269aa9170e8e5b8f43fd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:43 am

newto the boards wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:
Starz wrote:
 Noooooo! Not Maks getting married! I will be crushed - Ha - As IF I ever had a chance. . . . but one can dream.

Either Maks or Val will do for me.  
Recently saw a pic of Maks in an identically skimpy b.suit and someone remarked how good he looked in his "manties". You'll remember, DMD, it was that swan boat photo.

Hugs
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:54 am

How could I forget the amusing discussion about some outstanding details in that pic?
Btw: any trace of Mayor Kincaid? Sad
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:41 pm

newto the boards wrote:

I hope you're kidding about "compensation."  When you sign on to a board, you give the host complete control over what you write.  Your posts can be edited, deleted, etc. at the whim of the moderator(s).  ABC was very open about that.  We are glad to welcome any and all of you warmly and are happy you found us.  I think you will find our admins and moderators to be reasonable people, experienced in board postings, and full of common sense.  I have posted with all of them at one time or another, and they are "cool people."
well, of course I was kidding about it.   The whole thing was a joke.  Did you think I was serious that we are "refugees" as defined under international law or that the hosts of this Board have some sort of obligation to us under humanitarian law?
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:00 pm

newto the boards wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:
Starz wrote:

Val doesn't replace Maks for me. He is fine as the little brother-in-law, that's all. I love both the looks and personality of Maks. Val has the looks but misses in the personality department.
Did Maks get new tattoos, or are those shadows on his right arm?
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - Page 2 Empty What's With The Bathing Suit?

Post by Psychee22 Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:37 pm

newto the boards wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:
Starz wrote:

Neither one appeal to me, but why does Maks' bathing suit look lumpy on the sides?  Are those ruffles?  Popcorn
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:55 pm

It looks like he rolled up the legs, and pulled the waste down. Neither of them appeal to me either.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxeterna Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:51 pm

GymGirlJane wrote:Looking for Psyche, the Witch, Crazy and all the rest of the folks.
"Are we there yet?"

Apparently, the rug was pulled out early on the other board. I was dropped out and I have been unable to log in since over a week. Well, I have not much time for it. Good to see you are carrying on...
Soapbox

By the way, if my avatar is visible, it is a composite of the descriptions of me given by those who have no idea regarding my true appearance. I shall change it, when I find a more suitable representative...
Beer
Luxeterna
Luxeterna

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:02 pm

PRIVET LUX!!!!

I am so glad you are here! I always have enjoyed your postings.

Welcome

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - Page 2 Empty Good Bye DWTS Board

Post by luvthepros Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:46 pm

Hello everyone. Hope more people find this message board. I just now found out ABC's DWTS message board is closing as of August 10th. I haven't been on that message board since about a month after the end of season 20 but decided to go there to see what folks were saying about Witney Carson's Emmy nomination. WOW.....big surprise that the board is closing! Glad we have somewhere to discuss the show here.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:52 pm

luvthepros wrote:Hello everyone. Hope more people find this message board. I just now found out ABC's DWTS message board is closing as of August 10th. I haven't been on that message board since about a month after the end of season 20 but decided to go there to see what folks were saying about Witney Carson's Emmy nomination. WOW.....big surprise that the board is closing! Glad we have somewhere to discuss the show here.
Hi luv. So glad you found your way here. I look several times a day to see if more of our familiar mb friends have arrived.

Welcome
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moni81 Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:17 am

So guys when do you think the announcment for 21st cast will be made? August for sure but when exactly Smile
moni81
moni81

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:35 am

Luxeterna wrote:

Apparently, the rug was pulled out early on the other board. I was dropped out and I have been unable to log in since over a week. Well, I have not much time for it. Good to see you are carrying on...
Soapbox

By the way, if my avatar is visible, it is a composite of the descriptions of me given by those who have no idea regarding my true appearance. I shall change it, when I find a more suitable representative...
Beer
Lux !!!!!!!  So glad to see you here.  It just would not be the same without you.   Smile
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:37 am

luvthepros wrote:Hello everyone. Hope more people find this message board. 
My guess is that more people will be seeing the announcement and the posts about this forum over the next week
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

We're Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack - Page 2 Empty So happy about this!

Post by thedancemaniac Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:57 pm

I could never get on the last version of the ABC message board. I was only able to read it. This board looks awesome! I'm so excited. I've been a fan and poster since Season 1! Thanks for the invite.
thedancemaniac
thedancemaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:25 pm

thedancemaniac wrote:I could never get on the last version of the ABC message board. I was only able to read it. This board looks awesome! I'm so excited. I've been a fan and poster since Season 1! Thanks for the invite.
Welcome Hope you enjoy this board!!  Thumbs up!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Luxeterna wrote:
GymGirlJane wrote:Looking for Psyche, the Witch, Crazy and all the rest of the folks.
"Are we there yet?"

Soapbox

Beer
Hey Lux- really awesome to have you on board! Regarding your Avatar, remember our discussion in the Civility Club, give the people what they want, and use a pic of Omar Sharif... Laughing
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thedancemaniac Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:04 pm

SLA44 wrote:
thedancemaniac wrote:I could never get on the last version of the ABC message board. I was only able to read it. This board looks awesome! I'm so excited. I've been a fan and poster since Season 1! Thanks for the invite.
Welcome Hope you enjoy this board!!  Thumbs up!

Thanks
thedancemaniac
thedancemaniac

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:09 pm

Luxeterna wrote:

Beer
Your avatar is actually somewhat sorta like the way I picture you Lux.  But you would have to add a goatee.  Will be curious to see the more accurate impression.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxeterna Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:33 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Luxeterna wrote:
"Are we there yet?"

Soapbox

Beer
Hey Lux- really awesome to have you on board! Regarding your Avatar, remember our discussion in the Civility Club, give the people what they want, and use a pic of Omar Sharif... Laughing

Well, I was never so similar to Omar al-Sharif, I was more similar to Rod Taylor, as a young adult, before the catastrophe which destroyed my original visage. Although a fine reconstruction, I have a dissimilar appearance. (I had intended to add images but I cannot see how it is done, and D is unavailable to assist.)
On imdb, there is an image of Rod Taylor from the old Twilight Zone, in monochrome, wherein he is attired in a Military uniform, and he has a similar appearance to mine in a similar time of life. Naturally, there were a few differences, but we may have passed as siblings.
Luxeterna
Luxeterna

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxeterna Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:20 am

luvthepros wrote:Hello everyone. Hope more people find this message board. I just now found out ABC's DWTS message board is closing as of August 10th. I haven't been on that message board since about a month after the end of season 20 but decided to go there to see what folks were saying about Witney Carson's Emmy nomination. WOW.....big surprise that the board is closing! Glad we have somewhere to discuss the show here.

I just tried to log in over there again. I cannot. I looked at the page source and the "sign in" link appears to be disabled as a loop back to the top of the page.
Soapbox
So, their closure statement claims the site will be available until 10 August at noon PDT, but it is actually not available now. Typical for them. Sad, really, after ten years and change. I posted there from the beginning of the boards and I always felt it was a good thing, but I imagine they do not see it as having a good return on cost. They now push Fazebuk, Tweeter, and Instagrump but I just cannot get into that scene. Perhaps it is my own bias, but I feel the message board environment is more intelligent, albeit more restrictive, and those who participate seem more invested. Or, perhaps I am simply "old" minded...
Thanks
My gratitude to those who provided us this forum. Огромное Спасибо! Merci beaucoup! Gracias por todos! Vielen Dank! Mille grazie! Wielkie dzieki! çok teşekkür ederim! Sincerely.
Luxeterna
Luxeterna

Back to top Go down

Post by GymGirlJane Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:54 am

I agree Lux.  It has something (a good deal) to do with the fact that you are not restricted to 140 characters (as per twitter) and it is just more conducive to actual discourse (unlike facebook).  It is something like the difference between an essay and a bumper sticker.
GymGirlJane
GymGirlJane
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:32 am

Lesallee wrote:Hi luv. So glad you found your way here. I look several times a day to see if more of our familiar mb friends have arrived.

Welcome
I love this place. Bach is so helpful. I love the look of the board, including the colors.........soooooo soothing. Love the emoticons, and all the html stuff too. I think we will all be very happy here.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:38 am

Luxeterna wrote:
I just tried to log in over there again. I cannot. I looked at the page source and the "sign in" link appears to be disabled as a loop back to the top of the page.
Soapbox
So, their closure statement claims the site will be available until 10 August at noon PDT, but it is actually not available now. Typical for them. Sad, really, after ten years and change. I posted there from the beginning of the boards and I always felt it was a good thing, but I imagine they do not see it as having a good return on cost. They now push Fazebuk, Tweeter, and Instagrump but I just cannot get into that scene. Perhaps it is my own bias, but I feel the message board environment is more intelligent, albeit more restrictive, and those who participate seem more invested. Or, perhaps I am simply "old" minded...
Thanks
Lux,
I'm older too and I don't do Facebook, Twitter or Instagram either. I'm lucky I can figure out how to navigate the message boards I visit. I really do like this one. Great place to call our DWTS home.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum