Talk about a "Wiki Leak":

Dancing With The Turkey Necks - Page 6 1z6cxn7
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With The Turkey Necks - Page 6 Empty Re: Dancing With The Turkey Necks

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:02 pm

Anybody else want to see Ken Bone as our next DWTS Champion? 

Dancing With The Turkey Necks - Page 6 I3b7yc
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:25 pm

FHM, that pic is photoshopped.  Here is the original, embedded directly from Getty Images:

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:36 pm

Psychee22 wrote:FHM, that pic is photoshopped.  Here is the original, embedded directly from Getty Images:
Good catch ChiTea, but how do know which one was "photoshopped" ??? Smile
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:56 pm

Feces.Hurling.Monkey wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:FHM, that pic is photoshopped.  Here is the original, embedded directly from Getty Images:
Good catch ChiTea, but how do know which one was "photoshopped" ??? Smile

Mine came directly from the photographer's upload at Getty Images, dated 1996.  If you click on it, it will bring you right to Getty.

Yours came from a blog trying to sell the idea that Hillary was incontinent.   And Snopes debunked it some time ago.

Folks have been doing below-the-belt crap like this to Hillary for twenty years. 

Now those same people are tweeting the #repealthe19th hashtag, making some us marvel that they have actually figured out that there are more than two amendments to the constitution and also marvel that they can actually count to 19. 

Amazing.

Laughing

[Note for non-Americans:  the 19th Amendment gave women the right to vote.  These Neanderthals -some of them women -- want to repeal it. ]
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:41 pm

One artist's description of our election thus far....

Dancing With The Turkey Necks - Page 6 Trump-failure-with-election-tiabbi-9c70ec25-6cc4-4eb8-bc9e-d6e85c0260b7
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:16 pm

I have become grateful for our Canadian politicians! Never thought I would say that.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:07 am

Lesallee wrote:I have become grateful for our Canadian politicians! Never thought I would say that.

I know... everything about politics is bad until you see some country worse than your own... right now I'm not sure which country we can look to to find something worse than ours... 

John Oliver's description is perfect... It goes like "Look up!  Up to the stars!  Up up so far that you can barely see it!  Got it?  That's ROCK BOTTOM.  And here we are... down here... that much lower!"

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:22 am

The election just takes soooooo long ..... hearing this stuff for nearly two years is just torture.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:35 am

Oakma wrote:The election just takes soooooo long ..... hearing this stuff for nearly two years is just torture.

I SOOOOO agree with you, Oakma.  And two years from now, they will be at it again.  And Congressmen only have a two year term, so they start again in a year... it never ends.

I think I read somewhere that electioneering in the UK only lasts something like six weeks by law....

I'd be happy enough if they would just restrict this stuff here to nine months.   Because obviously, all that extra time did nothing to improve the choice of candidates... it seemed to only make it worse.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 15, 2016 12:42 am

This last Canadian election campaign was an unprecedented 78 days long. Canadians weren't happy with that so I expect future elections will return to the much shorter norm.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:18 am

You don't directly vote for your Prime Minister, right?  You vote for representatives, and the reps from the party which has won the majority then decide who among them will be the PM?  Then he tries to form a coalition government, and if he can't, you go back to square one? 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:54 am

We vote for MPs (Member of Parliament) in their individual ridings. Canada still operates on simple majority wins although Prime Minister Trudeau is seriously interested in electoral reform. Each party has their leader who then becomes the PM when the party achieves a majority of votes. However, the leader of the majority party must win their own seat to become PM. The PM is also a Member of Parliament and represents his/her riding as do all MPs.

A coalition government only happens when there is a slim margin between first and second and/or third parties. Or I should say is only attempted under those conditions. They rarely, if ever, work for any length of time and another election is soon on the horizon.

Our elections are mandated at every five years but more often occur after about 4 years. We do not have the Electoral College concept here. Our parliamentary system is pretty well identical to the UK, but we have a Senate where they have a House of Lords. Senators are not elected, rather they are appointed and are rather ineffectual with the House of Commons having all the clout. Periodically there is a big foofaraw about abolishing the senate but they're still here.

And there you have it, the very short version of the Canadian system.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:15 pm

Psychee22 wrote:

Mine came directly from the photographer's upload at Getty Images, dated 1996.  If you click on it, it will bring you right to Getty.

Yours came from a blog trying to sell the idea that Hillary was incontinent.   And Snopes debunked it some time ago.

Folks have been doing below-the-belt crap like this to Hillary for twenty years. 

Now those same people are tweeting the #repealthe19th hashtag, making some us marvel that they have actually figured out that there are more than two amendments to the constitution and also marvel that they can actually count to 19. 

Amazing.

Laughing

[Note for non-Americans:  the 19th Amendment gave women the right to vote.  These Neanderthals -some of them women -- want to repeal it. ]

Now that it's photoshopped, it's even more funnier; I was kinda feeling sorry for the old Turkey Neck. I do wish she would have won the nomination & election in '08 to avoid the extreme gravitational pull from this worthless president.  At least we ain't gonna have Trump in office.

Dancing With The Turkey Necks - Page 6 25fk9s2
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:21 pm

Lesallee wrote:We vote for MPs (Member of Parliament) in their individual ridings. Canada still operates on simple majority wins although Prime Minister Trudeau is seriously interested in electoral reform. Each party has their leader who then becomes the PM when the party achieves a majority of votes. However, the leader of the majority party must win their own seat to become PM. The PM is also a Member of Parliament and represents his/her riding as do all MPs.

A coalition government only happens when there is a slim margin between first and second and/or third parties. Or I should say is only attempted under those conditions. They rarely, if ever, work for any length of time and another election is soon on the horizon.

Our elections are mandated at every five years but more often occur after about 4 years. We do not have the Electoral College concept here. Our parliamentary system is pretty well identical to the UK, but we have a Senate where they have a House of Lords. Senators are not elected, rather they are appointed and are rather ineffectual with the House of Commons having all the clout. Periodically there is a big foofaraw about abolishing the senate but they're still here.

Thanks for a good summary Sally. I'm starting to believe our Electoral College is drifting towards something it was supposed to avoid; the concentration of too few determining the outcome. 

What would really be cool to see, and I think it's only happened once in our history, if Hilly doesn't win the 270 Electoral votes.   I think it goes to the House and Senate to pick the President & VP; not sure, but I'll have to review my Civics.  Probably not gonna happen, but it would be interesting.
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:47 pm

Lesallee wrote:We vote for MPs (Member of Parliament) in their individual ridings. Canada still operates on simple majority wins although Prime Minister Trudeau is seriously interested in electoral reform. Each party has their leader who then becomes the PM when the party achieves a majority of votes. However, the leader of the majority party must win their own seat to become PM. The PM is also a Member of Parliament and represents his/her riding as do all MPs.

Thank you for explaining that, Lesallee.

What prompts a general election sooner than five years? "No confidence" situation?

Our electoral college system was put in place because our founders did not quite trust the mechanics of democracy.  In theory, it is supposed to prevent someone thoroughly unqualified from getting the job of President or Vice President when mobs of people vote for one.  Until this election season, I thought it was an unnecessary layer.  But now I see the wisdom.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Most often the election call is for strategic purposes, polling numbers look good or there may be some issue looming that the ruling party wants to get out in front of . Or the pragmatic, hey, we think we can win right now and get another four years, let's go for it. We don't often have a vote of non confidence; that typically would happen when we have a minority government. Minority' governments can work but are usually short lived as it requires four parties to be on the same page to get anything done.

A former Premier of my fair province once described his political strategy as "I note which way the parade is going and then get out in front of it".
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:18 pm

Oh!  They can just adjust the schedule to maximize their chances of winning again...  Sooooooo different than ours....
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Yes, it's very different. As I said our parliamentary system is like the UK. Our Head of State is the Governor General who represents the Monarch, Elizabeth II. The Prime Minister is the Head of Government.

You seem to be having a continuous election campaign of one kind or another all the time. That must be very expensive.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:01 pm

Unbelievably expensive!   Our Senators and Congressmen have to spend something like four full hours a day, every day, on the phone, begging donors for money in order to finance the elections.  There is a separate building that they go to to make the phone calls since they are not allowed to do it in government offices.  Some party boss wrangler keeps them in line, and mostly the money goes into that party's coffers, to be distributed as needed at the time of elections.  This same money is the means by which the party keeps control of its people. 

John Oliver did a magnificent expose on it:  http://bit.ly/2dSmvnP
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:37 am

How did this drop so far down the discussion page?  This thread must always remain under the SkyBox 'Sticky' thread.   Who's running this Gin Joint?? 
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:27 am

Looks like Charo did the 'Hoochie Coochie' one too many times:

Dancing With The Turkey Necks - Page 6 Smbwxu
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:54 pm

This thread is fun to read.  Thanks, FHM   Laughing LOL!
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:30 pm

thisoldmule wrote:This thread is fun to read.  Thanks, FHM   Laughing LOL!
Why thank you Ms Mule and yes, I think this thread is the funniest of all threads on this board, which is kinda link braggin that I'm the skinniest in the pack of Old Mules.......bbubuwhwhahahahaha.   Matter of fact, I think this thread deserves a "Sticky" status so it can show up right below the SkyBox everyday.  Smile

BTW, did you happen to catch Nick's performance; they got a clip of it on YouTube and I must say, he does not look happy, or thrilled.  It can't be nerves, because what is this, his 5th Reality TV show appearance, no....I personally think he's bummed out because things on the home-front ain't too happy.  More specifically, I think the poor guy is getting 'Hen Pecked' every night by *Vaahhh nisa* and her unfulfilled emotional needs.  Poor Nick is probably exasperated thinking, 'what must I do to make her happy?"  take a look and let me know what you think:

Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:56 am

Yeah, I watched him the other night.  The judges didn't like him too much and kind of ripped him apart.  Considering he's not a trained dancer, he was ok.  The boy will do anything to be noticed.
Vanessa probably has very little time for him.  She's too busy promoting clothing lines on social media.  It looks like she gave up teaching for fame and fortune.  Imagine that.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum