Bachelor 19 - Episode 9 Discussions

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 9 Discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 9 Discussions

Post by SLA44 Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:15 pm

I did think he seemed a bit cold (not sure if that is the correct word to use) and was wondering what that was all about. Confused
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Episode 9 Discussions - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Episode 9 Discussions

Post by SLA44 Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:30 pm

Here is the link to Chris's blog for the FS episode:

http://www.people.com/article/bachelor-chris-soules-blog-episode-9-fantasy-suite
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:57 pm

There is definitely one thing I can say for Chris that I don't think was necessarily the case with many other Bachelor/ettes in the past...he is definitely serious that he wants to take someone back to Iowa and get married and have kids. He has made it ABUNDANTLY clear that one of his biggest fears is that the women will not want to go back to his little teeny tiny town and live. This is where I think a lot of his indecision is coming from. I am starting to think that there were a few things true in that Life and Style article I brought up the other day. Unless there are so many things they haven't allowed us to see this season I am starting to wonder if he may have chosen his F1 based more on practicality just like the "inside source" said. I think he may be so scared that the one he really wanted may not want to relocate that he is choosing based on a sure thing in his opinion. Yes, he may also love the F1 as well but I get the sense that his overwhelming indecision is that he's torn between his true feelings and the whole moving to Iowa issue. That may be why CH wasn't quite sure what to say to him in last nights episode...maybe he was starting to drive everyone crazy with his indecision. It seems to have been a big issue.

I think that the biggest reason why he let Kaitlyn go is because they needed more time to develop a lasting bond so she would maybe be willing to move to Arlington. I think she was the one he had the most fun interaction with. Things probably get really boring in Arlington and I'm sure she would have livened up the place. In his blog he said, "In any other circumstance we would still be together, but at that point it just wasn't an option. Under these circumstances, sometimes there just isn't enough time." And this is also why I'm thinking he was going more with his head than his heart in his final decision. I felt bad for Kaitlyn because she was truly blindsided. I hate it when these people apparently sleep with someone in the FS and in this case also tell her he was falling in love with her only to get their hopes up and dump them. I would really like to see Kaitlyn as the next 'ette. She deserves it. I think he really hurt her.

Here's the thing with Whitney...at least in my opinion. Yes, she does seem to be chipper a lot. It may be because she has a good job, a nice apartment, great friends, who knows. I'd probably be a lot more chipper if I had everything going for me in my life as well. LOL.  It could also be just her being confident that he will choose her. We may not be seeing much of the relationship they had during taping because I'm just not getting it. Either that or he's keeping her as a sure bet because she is the only one that doesn't seem to have reservations about leaving everything and having babies right away with this man. Obviously she was not one of the ones that he was debating on whether he should give them a rose or send them home. I'd like to think there was more there than what we are seeing. I have noticed that she seems more normal when they are doing PI's with her. Maybe she is still nervous around him because she does tend to talk faster and A LOT when she is with him.

I like Becca, really I do but I can't figure out why little red flags are going up for me that this beautiful girl that has never known or has seemed to even want intimacy with anyone, has never been in love with anyone has suddenly found it with someone she barely knows that has also been dating numerous women with cameras all around. It just sounds fishy to me. She has a good head on her shoulders and she could probably have practically any man she wanted but she chose this? I just don't get it. I can understand why Chris asked her if she thinks she really is developing real feelings for him or could it just be the cameras being around? I think she is one of the very few that he has always wanted in the end but he is truly scared about the lack of intimacy issues, never being in love, a virgin and not being sure she wants to move to his town. It may still be on the table according to her but with so many other things going on I can understand his doubts....especially since he seems to want a sure thing. I'm starting to wonder if during the process of choosing these contestants for Chris if they even bothered asking these girls if they would be willing to move to his teeny tiny town especially since it's such an issue. Don't you think they should have paid more attention to that?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:07 am

It's looking more and more that Chris' final choice will be based on which of the women he feels certain will accept his proposal.  By letting Kaitlyn go in favor of Becca, it tells me he has particularly strong feelings for Becca - and hopes she will jump onto his page before the FRC.  Let's face it.  Whitney's a sure thing as far as accepting a proposal of marriage.  If he can't completely get Becca on board, he has Whitney as an ace in the hole.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:32 am

"Leap of faith" comes to mind re: Becca.  This is a phrase we've heard before (many times) but I don't remember hearing it this season so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:42 am

That's exactly what I'm thinking, singly. This whole Whitney as "ace in the hole" is becoming painfully obvious. This thing they do with the leads wanting to hear "I'm falling in love with you and would follow you anywhere" is asking a bit much for someone you barely even know....especially in this particular case. I think the majority of the leads and the F1's figure hey, I'm going to go for it and if it doesn't work out then I at least got something out of this and I'll just move on to the next person. Chris' actions are just wreaking of desperation. I remember Chris telling one of the girls that if he goes anywhere he has to travel a few hours to get there and a normal day for him is to come back to his house and eat dinner alone. That has got to drive him crazy that his life has to be there and there are basically no women around and if he were to find one they don't want that kind of life. I can understand his loneliness and his desperation to find someone and fill that void, but I don't think it's fair to a woman to choose her because she's willing. I mean, if Whitney were to choose that for herself then that is on her but if I were her I would not be so quick to marry a man if I knew I may not have been his first choice. She can't be oblivious to that. Makes me question how desperate is SHE. I understand the whole leap of faith thing too but in this situation that is quite a leap.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:21 pm

Whitney may be convinced she's in love.  IMO, she went into this "journey" because she wants to get married.  Add all the cameras, lights, champagne, and competition = the ideal medium for being swept up into fantasy.  She's pled her case aggressively and is doing her best to convince Chris she's "all in" - even to give up the career she's worked so hard at attaining.

I believe that after a few months of sitting home alone while Chris is out working, she'd be champing at the bit to get the hell out of Dodge and back to Chicago - to people and sound.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:18 pm

It would take quite a while under normal circumstances to decide that you love this guy, he is your soul mate, that you want to get married and have babies with him, that you want no other guy...ever. It's just unrealistic to think that would happen in such a short time. Yes, Whitney seems to think now that he is the ONE forever and always, but hey, what happens when you REALLY start to get to know him and he comes home dirty and smelly, wreaking of cow manure or whatever, leaves the toilet seat up, toothpaste cap off, leaving dirty clothes on the floor, coming home in a mood everyday in the heat of summer because he is overheated and exhausted, etc. Want to start placing bet's on how fast she'll pack up her car and head back to civilization?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:27 pm

Good point, rkc.  The physical aspects of Chris' occupation are quite different than the guy who goes off to work in nice clothes, sitting in an air-conditioned office while summer swelters outside.  I don't think Whitney would put up too long with all that dirt and sweat.  JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top