Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 20 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by suebob16 Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:21 pm

I get wary when the show comes up with these weird pairings of genre and songs, but Mark and Cheryl came up with such creative ideas and choreography for their dances.  Those were the two dances that I kept going back to watch.  How great to see Lindsey and Terrell jump into these themes and do possibly their best work so far.  Also happy to see Lindsey and Mark finally get their perfect score.  

Jordan and Lindsay's rumba was so beautiful.  I thought it was perfect, and I can't understand why Len had to stretch so far to find fault with it.  I think Lindsay knew how Len would react judging by the way she laughed at him and copied his hand gesture.  Thank goodness Len didn't give them a harsher score.  I guess the judges are taking turns nitpicking both Jordan and Lindsey S to try to keep the competition interesting.

I'm kinda hoping Drew hangs in there, but it seems that he and Frankie might be in trouble next week.  If that happens it will be a shame.  So many likable celebrities this season.  Even Nikki and Terrell might be question marks for next week, but I'm guessing that they will survive.  I'm not sure of the status on Vanessa and Victoria, but I wonder if one of them will be the third one in jeopardy.  

The Team Dance:  It looks like it's an elegant and dramatic song versus a more potentially campy and comic one.  Of course it's going to come down to choreography, set/costume design, and execution.  Monster Mash has strong pros on that team, so I'm wondering what they will come up with.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 20 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by peebeeb Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:35 am

I'm hoping Drew hangs in there too.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:34 pm

Excuse me- what is the theme for next week?

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 20 22794410
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:43 am

Week 7 "Halloween Night" Dance Styles and Music

Drew & Emma: Charleston to "Remains of the Day" by Danny Elfman

Frankie & Witney: Contemporary to "Every Breath You Take" by Chase Holfelder

Jordan & Lindsay: Paso Doble to "Animals" by Martin Garrix

Lindsey & Mark: Paso Doble to "Roundtable Rival" by Lindsey Stirling

Nikki & Artem: Jive to "I Put a Spell on You" by Bette Midler (Hocus Pocus version)

Terrell & Cheryl: Tango to "Super Freak" by Rick James

Vanessa & Maks: Paso Doble to "Game of Survival" by Ruelle

Victoria & Val: Viennese Waltz to "The Night We Met" by Lord Huron

Team Dances:

Team Monster Mash – "Monster Mash" by Bobby "Boris" Pickett

Jordan & Lindsay
Lindsey & Mark
Nikki & Artem
Terrell (Team Captain) & Cheryl

Team Phantom of the Opera – "Phantom of the Opera" by Phantom of the Opera Original London Cast & Michael Reed

Drew (Team Captain) & Emma
Frankie & Witney
Vanessa & Maks
Victoria & Val
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:52 am

This is Lindsey's video for the tune she is dancing to this week:

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:53 pm

I look forward to seeing it Psychee.  I wonder if they will continue the Western theme from her video.  The song certainly suggests Western.  Those Western swinging doors have been used a number of times--Bill & Emma, Amber & Derek, Wanya & Lindsay, James & Calvin (Team-Up), Bonner & Sharna.  Not sure though judging by Lindsey & Mark's DWTS Instagram pic--although maybe that was teasing the team dance?
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Lindsey Stirling was taken to hospital suffering from a rib injury. That prompted the usual "will she have to withdraw"? I'm inclined to think it's the usual injury drama we see in DWTS every season and she will come out and dance her butt off. After 24 seasons watching I have been down this road many times. If she does have an injury serious enough to cause her exit I will feel badly for her and hope for a quick recovery.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Oh no!  You're right Lesallee, there always seems to be at least one celebrity each season with a rib injury.  Providing it's not a serious injury I believe Lindsey will dance tonight.  I do hope it doesn't impair her flexibility too much.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:44 pm

Lesallee wrote:Lindsey Stirling was taken to hospital suffering from a rib injury. That prompted the usual "will she have to withdraw"? I'm inclined to think it's the usual injury drama we see in DWTS every season and she will come out and dance her butt off. After 24 seasons watching I have been down this road many times. If she does have an injury serious enough to cause her exit I will feel badly for her and hope for a quick recovery.

ABC says that it is a "blunt rib injury with possible separation", whatever that means.  And she is supposed to start her tour this week, I think.

I hope you are right, Lesallee, and that the injury does not keep her down.  I would expect Mark to be extra solicitous when a partner says she is in pain, as he is a natural caretaker, so getting her to the hospital early with concern that something critical has happened would be understandable.   On the other hand, I can't see Lindsey acting hurt enough to warrant his concern unless she is hurting so badly that she is scared.

This rib injury stuff happens way too often, I think, especially with women who have slight bone structures, like Lindsey.   
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:48 pm

suebob16 wrote:I look forward to seeing it Psychee.  I wonder if they will continue the Western theme from her video.  The song certainly suggests Western.  Those Western swinging doors have been used a number of times--Bill & Emma, Amber & Derek, Wanya & Lindsay, James & Calvin (Team-Up), Bonner & Sharna.  Not sure though judging by Lindsey & Mark's DWTS Instagram pic--although maybe that was teasing the team dance?

Makes you wonder how Mark would meld Halloween with Western, doesn't it?  The mind boggles.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:33 pm

Lesallee wrote:Lindsey Stirling was taken to hospital suffering from a rib injury. That prompted the usual "will she have to withdraw"? I'm inclined to think it's the usual injury drama we see in DWTS every season and she will come out and dance her butt off. After 24 seasons watching I have been down this road many times. If she does have an injury serious enough to cause her exit I will feel badly for her and hope for a quick recovery.

I'm going with she'll come out and dance her butt off.      

Last week Jordan said his hips were bothering him from gymnasticts then he came out and did just fine doing the Rumba which is all about the hips.

Yes sis, it's about that time in the season for injuries.  I guess we'll see the xrays in the video package. She's very bendy and flexible and an amazing dancer, I've notice there are a lot of moves she has used in her dances that are in her videos. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:16 pm

This could become an additional challenge for Lindsey since she is also working on her own tour starting next month.  I hope her injury doesn't get worse because of working on both events.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:11 pm

I predict she'll come out and dance just as she always does. Another drama we've seen all too often.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:13 pm

Did you see her?   What injury?

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:34 pm

kincaid53 wrote:   Did you see her?   What injury?
Exactly.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:46 pm

I missed Jordan my TV cut off for a minute have to go back and take a looksee, all 10's must have been good

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:07 pm

This sucks big time.  Yuck Don't want to put up what happened as I don't want to spoil it for the west coast people.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonbat Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 pm

therealdfshary wrote:This sucks big time.  Yuck Don't want to put up what happened as I don't want to spoil it for the west coast people.
They should know not to read this if they don't want to be 'spoiled'....
Moonbat
Moonbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:52 pm

It seems like Lindsey is really hurting.  And the final scores now put her second to the bottom of the leaderboard, I think.  As much as I enjoy his dancing and his person, something is really wrong with how things are scored when Frankie ends the night six points above Jordan and nine points above Lindsey.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:45 am

Jordan & Lindsay should have been on top with the scoring; their paso was

the dance of the night! WOW!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:03 am

Why didn't Victoria go home?  I really want her to leave.  The only reason she must be there is Val.  I just don't warm up to her.  Why Vanessa? 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:18 am

It's getting late, had to watch the Spokane cable feed at 9 so just a quick observation.

Thank you Frankie and Witney for that outstanding performance. FINALLY, someone interpreted that creepy song accurately. I remember when Bindi used it as a tribute to her father. I thought, holy cats, does she not know that's a song about a stalker! Anyway Frankie and Witney didn't put a foot wrong, every emotion and nuance was perfect. Well earned 30. 

(I know I am about the only Frankie/Witney fan on this board but I love 'em)!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:26 am

Frankie and Witney were awesome and yes it was nice that the song was interpreted correctly.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:46 am

Glittersisgld wrote:Why didn't Victoria go home?  I really want her to leave.  The only reason she must be there is Val.  I just don't warm up to her.  Why Vanessa? 

Why?  Because both Frankie and Victoria managed to get at least 16,340 votes per million more than both Vanessa and Nikki and Drew got at least 19,700 more votes than them as well.    
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:14 am

Do you really think I'm asking for reason?  I just want Victoria to leave.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top