Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 24 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by kincaid53 Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Lesallee wrote:
kincaid53 wrote:    Vanessa should have been in the semis over Victoria, especially after tonight. I wonder how she is staying in, her dancing is just ok and the personality when she dances is not all that great.
Vanessa is a better and more exciting dancer and in a better world would have outlasted Victoria. But, I wasn't surprised with Vanessa's exit. I know a lot of you discount FB as useless drivel but I have always gleaned the way the flow is going from FB. And, before the show even began the prevailing opinion on Vanessa was very negative. She simply could not overcome that, sadly. 

No, I know FB can be very telling. I know there was a lot of negativity on Vanessa(of course there was, she was my favourite along with Heather last season) In an interview Artem said he was very surprised about Nikki  because on FB she had a lot of fans that were voting for her.  I guess you never know.     

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 24 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:49 pm

I haven't watched the show yet, that will come later. Just sneaking in to see what everyone is thinking. I am surprised no one commented on Frankie, Witney, and Alfonso. Terrell's exit is disappointing, but not unexpected imo. I would have liked to see him in the semi-finals.
Can't help it, but I keep thinking who would have returned if Derek and Sharna were still in the game. James? Nick? Charlie?

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:12 pm

Applause All in all a very good night, lot's of fun and great dances!  
Terrell-Charleston-Very good!! Wouldn't have minded if a 10 would have been in there!
           Trio Rumba-I noticed when during the dance Kelly could walk under Terrells arm standing straight, got a little giggle out of that Giggle  

Drew-Waltz-Lovely very nice job.
         Trio Cha Cha Cha-Good fun!!  Rashad ....smooth as ever Smile

Victoria-AT-Not your dance...awkward in places. 
            Trio-Jive-imo Laurie was not a good choice, a little overbearing, but I'm not surprised she was picked. I think she's in luuuuuv with Val Love 
Lindsey-Samba-She looked cute and I liked it! Fishing for compliments from Len is probably not a good idea Rolling Eyes  
             Trio Jazz-I didn't really care for it, something seemed off. That dress was not very flattering it showed how bony she is, almost anorexic. The dance seemed more like a Foxtrot than Jazz...even Kristi seemed a little out of sync, but the judges liked it...that's a good thing!

Frankie-VW-Not his best, but I enjoyed it!!
            Trio jive-This was so much fun!! good job Frankie!! Hey Alfonso....has someone been working out?!! Wink   

Jordan-QS-Great dance..when you and Linds jumped ...well to me it was perfection...obviously the judges thought so too!!
           Trio Salsa-Muy Caliente!!! Applause    Corbin you will always be the winner in my book!! Jordan and Lindsey won me over with these two dances.....Fantastic Salsa....!!!   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:39 pm

I've been thinking on what to say about Victoria and Val. There was nothing awful about either of their dances they just did'nt reach out and grab my attention. I believe they will make F4, not because the show favours Val but because I think the show would like two male pros (last two standing) and two female pros. Certainly DWTS is perfectly comfortable manipulating things in favour of certain male pros. They did it with Derek for years. 

I like Victoria but I think she has reached as far as she can go. I am a little weary of the physical problems hashed and rehashed every week but the show does the same with Lindsey. 

I sense a sort of dis-connect between Val and DWTS. He just doesn't seem so all in as he was in previous seasons. To be fair, I don't get a level of great enthusiasm from Mark either. Perhaps it's time for both to move on. Certainly there are some eager replacements waiting in the wings. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:12 pm

Lindsey and Mark left me somewhat underwhelmed last night. It was all good but I feel like Mark is designing dances that are a tad too frantic for Lindsey and sometimes she falters. I adore Kristi Yamaguchi but the years away from dance were often apparent. I guess I was left wanting something more from them. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Here's my comment on Frankie and Witney, bro. I know you aren't a fan but I am and I liked it. Frankie's self doubt sometimes holds him back and that pep talk from Alfonso was spot on. The trio dance was just fun and smiles from start to finish and Frankie held his own with Alfonso admirably. Will Frankie and Witney win? Likely not but I can see them as third. 

Last edited by Lesallee on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:43 pm

Last but decidedly not least, Jordan, Lindsay and Corbin. That QS was so good, so innovative that it held me mesmerized. Then that spectacular trio dance with Corbin just put out the icing on the cake of perfection. My vote for MVP this season has to be Lindsay. She has hit the ground running this season and is performing on another level now.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Some general impressions to begin with, the judges got it right most of the time. Terrell deservedly scored higher than Drew and Victoria, but due to the weird elimination system, it didn't help him.
Some of the music choices this week left me puzzled. Lindsey's Samba suffered a lot from that. Ok, there was the rhythm, but where was the melody? Victoria's AT was another example. She had trouble bringing the passion anyway, and the music didn't help. Jordan and Lindsey on the other hand could have danced to the ringtone of a Nokia cellphone from the nineties, and it would still have been galactic. Corbin was perfect for them. He, Alfonso, and Rashad outdanced all three female champions by far. 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:17 pm

Lesallee wrote:Here's my comment on Frankie and Witney, bro. I know you aren't a fan but I am and I liked it. Frankie's self doubt sometimes holds him back and that pep talk from Alfonso was spot on. The trio dance was just fun and smiles from start to finish and Frankie held his own with Alfonso admirably. Will Frankie and Witney win? Likely not but I can see them as third. 
For the producers, Frankie must be the ideal counterpart to Jordan and Lindsey. The underdog par excellence. Just his attitude keeps pissing me off. When you watch his interviews, it's always me myself and I. No appreciation for Witney's hard work. Yes, we might see them in the finals, but it's Witney who earns it.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:19 pm

I pretty much agreed with the scoring too. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:39 pm

I have actually seen and heard Frankie praise and thank Witney several times. I don't think he is the self absorbed egoist you perceive him to be. He is very insecure in his own abilities and Witney goes the extra mile to build him up but I think he knows just who is getting him the success he is enjoying.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:19 am

Well ... the season is going pretty much by the play book I think.I know this Drew fellow always wanted to be an actor but I think he better keep his day job.

The "winner" will certainly not be a surprize I am sure but I think TPTB got all the "drama" on the list in anyway  ... the injury "oh will they dance" ... "I only came back because of who my partner is"  ... " the family feud(s)" ... "the sob story" ... " the targeted "hated" contestant ... etc etc ....

I will say I have enjoyed the dances this season.The comments and scoring,not so much  .... and that "surprise" double elimination pretty much sucked  .... Smile 
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:13 am

An aside comment about Drew Scott and acting. You are correct, Oakma, he did have acting aspirations in his younger days. And he tried it, went to Vancouver and appeared in a few things to no particular acclaim. He realized that acting was not his future and Property Brothers with brother Jonathan was born from that realization. Happily for Drew he has achieved his dream. PB became a huge success and is still going strong.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:19 am

Lesallee wrote:I have actually seen and heard Frankie praise and thank Witney several times. I don't think he is the self absorbed egoist you perceive him to be. He is very insecure in his own abilities and Witney goes the extra mile to build him up but I think he knows just who is getting him the success he is enjoying.

I agree. He isn't secure at all.  He knows he wouldn't have ever gotten this far without Witney.  The comments that they show are all designed to tell the voters that he really really wants to stay because he's having a ball.  But I think he probably verbally compliments her a great deal and then they edit it out because it gets boring.  
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:05 pm

Well, he could thank her live on TV, and no one could edit that out, right? Anyway, maybe it's just me. I should give him credit for what he brings out in Witney. If she's happy with him, that's what matters most.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:45 pm

Week 9 Semifinals Dance Styles and Music

ROUND 1

Drew & Emma: Tango to "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers

Frankie & Witney: Salsa to "Shake" by Yin Yang Twins & Pitbull

Jordan & Lindsay: Argentine Tango to "Brother" (feat. Gavin DeGraw) by NEEDTOBREATHE

Lindsey & Mark: Contemporary to "Head High" by Alexander Jean

Victoria & Val: Waltz to "To Build a Home" (feat. Patrick Watson) by Cinematic Orchestra

ROUND 2 (ICONIC DANCES)

Drew & Emma: Jazz to "Yeah!" (feat. Lil Jon, Ludacris) by Usher (Season 17, Corbin Bleu and Karina Smirnoff)

Frankie & Witney: Paso Doble to "Carnival De Paris" by Dario G (Season 4, Apolo Anton Ohno and Julianne Hough)

Jordan & Lindsay: Jive to "Proud Mary" by Tina Turner (Season 22, Paige VanZant and Mark Ballas)

Lindsey & Mark: Tango to "Feel So Close" by Calvin Harris (Season 18, Meryl Davis and Maks Chmerkovskiy)

Victoria & Val: Charleston to "Bang Bang" by will.i.am (Season 17, Amber Riley and Derek Hough)
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:06 am

PureDWTS seems to believe that Victoria might be the next to get eliminated, based upon the thought that Drew, whose score is just a bit less, will have the necessary number of extra votes to make up for that difference.

I don't envy Drew with the iconic dance he has been assigned, though.  How could anyone -- but Corbin -- do justice to the Corbin Jazz trio dance? 

And look how they are stirring the pot by having Mark do a Maks' dance and Val do a Derek dance.....  these producers are evil, lol...
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:24 pm

Because of Pure's unrelenting hate for Val and indeed, all things Chmerkovskiy, I am inclined to think Victoria's going is more their hope than actual reality. Of course, she could be eliminated; you never know how the fans are voting for certain. But I think it will be Drew and Emma who leave. A F4 with two male pros and two female pros is more likely. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:09 pm

Lesallee wrote:Because of Pure's unrelenting hate for Val and indeed, all things Chmerkovskiy, I am inclined to think Victoria's going is more their hope than actual reality. Of course, she could be eliminated; you never know how the fans are voting for certain. But I think it will be Drew and Emma who leave. A F4 with two male pros and two female pros is more likely. 

I agree, I think they just want Victoria gone because she's with a Chmerkovskiy.  PureBS, I mean, PureDWTS Wink , is full of spite and hate.
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:17 pm

On a more positive note, I'm looking forward to the Iconic Dances round.  All of these dances are in one of my top 10 lists: 

Charlestons: Amber & Derek, #3

Jives: Paige & Mark, #2

Paso Dobles: Apolo & Julianne, #3

Tangos: Meryl & Maks, #1

Trios: Corbin & Karina w/ Witney, #2
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Haven't there been a lot of Charlestons this season? Seems more than other seasons.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:29 pm

I would rather Victoria left.  I'm not a fan.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:07 pm

Psychee22 wrote:...

I don't envy Drew with the iconic dance he has been assigned, though.  How could anyone -- but Corbin -- do justice to the Corbin Jazz trio dance? 

And look how they are stirring the pot by having Mark do a Maks' dance and Val do a Derek dance.....  these producers are evil, lol.
You forgot to add that Lindsay got a Mark Ballas dance- the guy is her biggest competition for the mbt right now...
All these numbers are really among the most iconic I could think of. I wouldn't call the producers 'evil' though. They have always thrown curveballs at the competitors, and I actually love the fact they still come up with new ideas like alumni for the trios. That went quite well for everyone, so let's see how this turns out. It will definitely earn mixed reactions from the fans. Let's hope it doesn't refuel the old battles.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:02 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I would rather Victoria left.  I'm not a fan.

me too, me too, me too,  no offense Val.  I watched Val and Rumors dances again last night, they were a really good couple, at least I think. 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:19 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I would rather Victoria left.  I'm not a fan. 
Ditto.
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top