Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 29 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:10 pm

I don't believe the winner is hired.  Why would that need to happen?  Who cares who wins but the audience?  I don't know how much money they have to spend to get the numbers for people to call in and make their votes, but it would be an unnecessary expense if it were fake among other things. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 29 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:09 pm

Lesallee wrote:As expected Drew and Emma departed last night. They left with a bang - Drew's best performances of the season. That freestyle was insanely fun. Emma is a DWTS treasure, intuitive, nurturing and creative. 

Hey, bro, Frankie gave that on camera tribute and thank you to Witney that you were looking for. And it was truly sincere and from the heart. I was stunned at the producer interfering with Witney's choice of freestyle design. And I loved it when Frankie said to her, "I trust you" after she explained what she wanted them to do. Witney was right, it was a powerful and eye catching freestyle. I expect they will come in third but Frankie (and Drew) are examples of what I personally enjoy most on the show. Novices, no training or experience who work hard, trust their pros and steadily improve.

Lindsey and Mark turned in two great dances and are a close second to Jordan and Lindsay. For some reason I don't feel that Mark's whole heart and soul have been invested in this season. Confused

Okay, Jordan and Lindsay. Mirror Ball almost certainly. Watching them last night, both injured but unbowed was a treat. I believe Jordan is the best male celeb dancer ever on the show. Hinch is still my absolute favourite as he had no training, no experience, never danced before. I saw that Oti Mbuse from Strictly says Lindsay Arnold is her favourite DWTS pro and in her opinion, the best.  High praise from the talented Oti.
You're so right. Drew's improvement especially on the Paso was almost unbelievable. Don't know if it was Bruno alone, or Emma's neverending confidence, or just the extra push knowing they made the finals over many other good dancers. However, they did not disappoint and added their own flavour like everyone else.
Yes, I've been waiting for Frankie's tribute. It was overdue, but it was touching, believable, and Witney so deserved it. Please never doubt yourself again, Witney, or let anyone try and tell you what to do. You did everything right. On any other season, these performances might have been good enough for second place at least.
Lindsey and Mark were somehow facing a similar problem. Without the exceptional Jordan and Lindsay standing in their way, they probably would have won this by a landslide. I don't think Mark didn't give her his all. Like Maks, he has changed a lot and become a different person, but his creativity is unbroken, and the new maturity added something to this partnership. Mark is still able to re-invent himself based on the requirements of his partner. I really hope he stays, because no one could ever take his place.
Jordan and Lindsay have raised the bar to incredible heights. Julianne found the perfect words to describe what made them so special. It's quite obvious why Oti favors Linds. No objection.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:41 pm

Oakma wrote:I believe that the winner is hired just like the rest of the cast.They all know who the winner is and so do the judges.All the voting is just the method to keep the audience watching.Just like all the "injuries" each season  .... "drama" thought up by the producers.Even the judges play different parts on DWTS  .... just watch Bruno on the other show,he is totally playing a different part than on the U.S. show.

I think they may do a few tweaks here and there if someone is truly a fan favourite like when Bill Engvall or Tommy Chong were so popular but TPTB were sure not going to let them win.

I don't believe that the winner is chosen beforehand.  There are laws against that and Disney would not go there.  That said, I think there IS room for manipulation of the audience and the scores, and that the show wants to ensure that a good dancer gets the MBT, though in truth, I don't think that Frankie's score of 28 was a manipulation in the final.  He is simply not as good of a dancer as the other two are and at the end, they are judged against each other, as opposed to that rubber ruler where they are judged against themselves as in prior weeks.  
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:38 am

From Frankie, yesterday.

I cannot even fathom putting into words what last night and the past 3 months have meant to me, but I will try to do it justice because I just want to share how magically incredible of an experience it was.

I'll start off by saying I'm sitting on the plane, flying home from our appearance on GMA and I'm tearing up just thinking about my experience on Dancing with the Stars. Not because I'm sad, but because I'm so incredibly happy to have been a part of something that could truly effect me and my life in so many ways.

I don't consider myself a very emotional guy. I've been lucky enough to experience so many positive things in my life, along with a lot of bumps in the road which I felt had left me very neutral. I lived life, but somehow didn't fully take things in. I'm proud to say this experience hit me deep and has awoken emotions and feelings I didn't know exist. It taught me that if I am determined and if I work hard, I can accomplish even my biggest fears. 

I have to say a massive thank you to my partner Witney Carson. There is no way the show would have had as big of an impact on me if it weren't for me being paired with Witney. We had so much fun, laughing every step of the way. She did exactly what was needed to bring the best out of me every week and I'm forever grateful for her putting up with my constant needing/wanting to rehearse and my constant strive to be the best I could be. She didn't need to rehearse, but she'd stay as long as possible to make me feel more comfortable and we worked unbelievably well as a team. Most importantly, she became a forever friend, someone I can always count on and that's just as cool, if not cooler, than winning the Mirrorball!

Thank you to you guys for supporting me! For voting and for all your words of encouragement! They helped motivate me to keep improving, to keep working hard because I didn't want to let you guys down! You all made me feel incredible inside after every performance, no matter how scared I was to perform them. It means everything to me to know you guys had my back.

Paige Price, my beautiful girlfriend, you were EVERYTHING to me throughout the entire process and there is no way I could thank you enough for everything you did, no matter what the task to help make my journey on the show easier. There is no way I get past week 1 without you there by my side. Thank you baby. I LOVE YOU!

The experience has brought me closer to my family. To see their happiness and support was unreal. To hear their screams, knowing I was making them proud feels so unbelievably amazing. My sister Cristina Rose Chizmar literally lived this show and pushed it every way to anyone she could to help gain votes and support and it means the world to me. My mom, dad, aunt, uncle, cousins, grandma and grandpa helped motivate me and made me feel so loved by how proud they were of me. That's a special feeling I can't explain.

In the end, 3rd place was a dream come true! But it doesn't matter if it was 1st or 13th because I won as a human. I feel emotion more. I walk with my head higher. I feel like I can do anything I set my mind to. I feel like I'm meant to perform and I haven't felt that in a very long time. I've felt myself getting more and more insecure about acting/performing over the years and this helped light a fire for me to be the best I can be. I learned a new work ethic. I gained some incredible friends. And most important, it made me proud to be me.

Frankie
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:25 pm

That was a beautiful letter written from his big heart.  Very Happy  Glad that he made it to the finals. I voted for him because he was humble & so improved.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Frankie is a very special man;  I wish him many blessings!  Thanks for
posting this lovely letter, sis. Smile

Thanksgiving everyone!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:24 pm

I'm beginning to realize it's all over! :crying1:Honestly, I could watch Lindsey and Mark, Jordan and Lindsay forever. I even caught myself enjoying Frankie (Witney's best season in a long time) and Drew (Emma is something else) in the finals. And there was so much more potential- Terrell, Victoria, Nikki, Vanessa- that I tend to think that overall it was one of the strongest casts ever. Even those eliminated earlier were not really horrible to watch. I'm just a bit worried that from here the only way is down.

What else did I notice during the season? Maks really needed a haircut. Glad he got one for the finals. Many familiar faces in the audience again- I spotted Robert and Kym, Danica, Babyface, Emmit, Apolo, Kristi, Alfonso, Bindi, and a lot more. The lift police was off duty. No big loss. Also, not a single car on stage this time. What a season.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:35 pm

Ready for a little flashback? Here we go.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:15 pm

Thanks for the flashback, bro. I miss them as well. Sad All three finalists were likeable
and danced their hearts out, which made this season so enjoyable and entertaining.
This is the first year that I picked the correct winners for both the spring (Rashad
& Emma) and fall seasons.  Hooray! Very Happy
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:24 pm

I was worried after last season that the only way to go would be down, but this season they had lesser known celebrities and the season was still enjoyed, which I guess means that the celebrities don't have to be that well known to enjoy the season if that is what is meant by the show going downhill.  Unless you mean quality of the show or dancing?  I kind of thought that is why it would be better to have one season per year so they could get more well-known celebrities if that's what is important to anyone.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:54 am

I know a lot of people want the "A" list celebs but I like the people with the great personalities,the up beat fun people,the kind you like to have at a party.It makes the show so much more entertaining.

I can do without the " complainer/whiner " group  .... Wink
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:05 am

The only thing that matters for me is the quality of the dancing. It has nothing to do with the degree of fame. (Or mabe it has, because you won't find A-listers who'd want to have themselves locked up in a rehearsal room for three months. Not sure though if people like Normani or Lindsey still belong on the B-list).
 Most of the celebs on DWTS and SCD are the great unkknown to me anyway, but it's the same on our own show for that matter Laughing. I have often considered this an advantage actually.
Most of the couples this season were well matched. Some were great from the start, many showed considerable growth. You always think it can't get better than that. Until next season; shocking eliminations and all that.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:48 am

Yes I think each season it must get harder to find people with enough time to take this on.The four week mini-season should be interesting.

It will be over way too fast though.

I think for me it is not a big concern if I know them or not like you, I do like a good dance routine.I can even take a not so good one if it is done with effort and humor.Since I don't watch a lot of television I rarely know those stars and I am not into sports either so they are strangers to me.I did so enjoy the race car fellow  .... like I say his personality was entertaining,which made watching him a fun time.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:14 pm

Sometimes you get to know about people you wouldn't ordinarily like Jordan Fisher!

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:19 pm

Watching Canada's BIG football game, the Grey Cup. Shania Twain appeared as the half time entertainment. So totally different than her demeanour on her DWTS judging stint, where she seemed tentative and unsure. Tonight was Shania at the top of her game. She looked spectacular and belted those familiar songs out effortlessly (no lip syncing). I mentioned to my husband the difference in the two appearances and said maybe it's because she's home. Then, at the close she grinned and said, "Man, I feel like a Canadian"! 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Maybe she's not a person who is fast on her feet when she has to come up with critiques or things to say spontaneously.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:03 am

She may not be the best off the cuff speaker but she can certainly sing.I am not a country music fan per say but a great singer is a pleasure to hear in any type of music.

To perform at home must be such a different feeling for her also.I imagine the crowd was backing her all the way.That must have been a boost for her too.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:53 pm

Trying to catch up on all the posts here... lost both Internet and TV on the 22nd and just got it back a little while ago. 

Hope all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic View next topic Back to top