Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 13 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by therealdfshary Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:22 pm

IMO I don't care what kind of faces she makes or doesn't make as long as she is a good dancer. I think the people who bash her on other sites are just plain mean.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 13 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:25 pm

I'm just giving my opinion.  You don't have to agree with it.  You don't need to take it personally.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:32 am

Glittersisgld wrote:I'm just giving my opinion.  You don't have to agree with it.  You don't need to take it personally.
That wasn't meant towards you. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but in other posts it was said that she was being bashed terribly on other sites for no good reason. To me that is just plain mean.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:36 am

Glittersisgld wrote:I guess no one else on here sees Vanessa's facial mannerisms and behavior as exaggerated.  I like expressive people, but she seems so over the top that it comes across as attention-seeking and fake.  But I like her dancing and her behavior seems suited for the show. 

Yeah, I don't see "fakeness" like you do, Glitters.  We might be seeing the same things but it is getting interpreted differently in our brains.  You see, in my head, I just see acting, and I can't fault anyone who is a trained TV personality for acting in front of the camera.  They are taught to do that in order to add energy to their performance.  They are taught that if they don't do that, the audience will get bored and change the channel.  

It can't be easy.  I would thoroughly hate to have a big honking TV camera on me for so many hours in a day while being expected to be interesting.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:43 am

I saw it way before she was ever on this show and it really stood out to me.  It was immediate when I saw her years ago.  I see TV personalities all the time and they don't act like her to me.  Maybe it's just her personality and maybe she isn't pretentious, but she just comes across with so much affectation.  I'm wondering if maybe that's what people are responding to because I haven't heard any bad stories about her aside from this situation with Maks.  It makes her interesting on this show, but in regular life it seems a bit much.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Vanessa herself recently posted a comment saying she can't wait to be back with Maks, and that they're 'cooking up something special'. Honestly, I don't know what to think any more. Confused
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:That's what I thought Jordan meant about choreography, how Lindsay choreographs the dance.  I still wish it was more of a Charleston.  Lindsay could have shown him a video or something of the dance and he would get it. 
When I first found out Jordan and Lindsey were dancing the Charleston, I was so excited to see them perform. I was never so disappointed after they finished their dance. I saw a few seconds of Charleston swivel steps (done in double time). That was all the Charleston I was able to identify. I thought Lindsey knew what Charleston was.

I'm old fashioned. The first time I ever head The Charleston, it was this music. This is what I was expecting and I know Jordan would have crushed this dance.....

The Charleston Dance

Last edited by luvthepros on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:44 pm

Do you remember Sadie and Dereks Charleston? To me that was pretty good and one of the best ones I've seen on the show.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:51 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Vanessa herself recently posted a comment saying she can't wait to be back with Maks, and that they're 'cooking up something special'. Honestly, I don't know what to think any more. Confused

I know what you mean brother. I saw a picture from yesterday of maks peta vanessa nick taking a break from rehearsals and going for coffee Confused All quiet on the DWTS front I guess. Confused

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:52 pm

luvthepros wrote:
I'm old fashioned. The first time I ever head The Charleston, it was this music. This is what I was expecting and I know Jordan would have crushed this dance.....

The Charleston Dance
Have a look across the ocean. You may like this.

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:52 pm

kincaid53 wrote:     Do you remember Sadie and Dereks Charleston? To me that was pretty good and one of the best ones I've seen on the show.
I just watched Sadie and Derek's Charleston. Derek did choreograph more of the actual dance. It was much better than Lindsey's choreo.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:57 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Have a look across the ocean. You may like this.

Loved this dance! THIS is what I want to see danced for a Charleston. I agree with Len about Lindsey and Jordan. I feel bad for Jordon though because he didn't know what Charleston was. Maybe he should have done a little research on YouTube. However.....Lindsay is the pro. She is the one who should have done the research!
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:01 pm

The music has an awful lot to do with how the choreography fits the dance style. You can't go wrong with vintage Charleston music such as Ruth and Anton danced to. Lindsay's music, however, was not suitable for the dance, IMHO.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Deleted. Double post.

Last edited by luvthepros on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:05 pm

kincaid53 wrote:

I know what you mean brother. I saw a picture from yesterday of maks peta vanessa nick taking a break from rehearsals and going for coffee Confused All quiet on the DWTS front I guess. Confused
Was it decaf then?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:18 pm

luvthepros wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:Have a look across the ocean. You may like this.

Loved this dance! THIS is what I want to see danced for a Charleston. I agree with Len about Lindsey and Jordan. I feel bad for Jordon though because he didn't know what Charleston was. Maybe he should have done a little research on YouTube. However.....Lindsay is the pro. She is the one who should have done the research!
Just don't be too hard on Lindsay though. She knows darn well what Charleston is. But she had to create sth comic style, because that's Jordan's guilty pleasure. Maybe she wasn't happy herself they were assigned that particular style and would have prefered e.g. Jazz- who knows. I thought she made the best of it and it was a nice alternative to all these Roaring Twenties flappers. These can be fun too, don't get me wrong.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:19 pm

Laughing    Way to lighten the mood!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 pm

These dances that are themes or era dances are a little tricky.

I did get a giggle when Lindsey said it was superhero Charleston and made gestures like she was going fast Giggle

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Christine Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:48 pm

Week 4 Most Memorable Year Dance Styles and Music:

Derek & Sharna: Jazz to "Move On Up" by Curtis Mayfield

Drew & Emma: Jive to "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen

Frankie & Witney: Quickstep to "Adventure of a Lifetime" by Coldplay

Jordan & Lindsay: Contemporary to "Take Me Home" by Us The Duo

Lindsey & Mark: Viennese Waltz to "Anchor" by Mindy Gledhill

Nick & Peta: Contemporary to "Falling Slowly" by Marketa Irglova & Glen Hansard

Nikki & Artem: Contemporary to "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten

Sasha & Gleb: Foxtrot to "Over My Head (Cable Car)" by The Fray

Terrell & Cheryl: Viennese Waltz to "I Have Nothing" by Whitney Houston

Vanessa & Maks: Rumba to "Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)" by Nick Lachey

Victoria & Val: Foxtrot to "I Lived" by OneRepublic
Maria Christine
Maria Christine

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:19 pm

Thank you!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:40 pm

Ahhhhhh....Vanessa is dancing to a song of Nicks Smile

Last edited by kincaid53 on Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Can't wait!   Very Happy
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by JustMe Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:51 pm

*Ahhhhhh....Vanessa is dancing to a son of Nicks*

Isn't this song by the Dixie Chicks?

JustMe

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:01 am

kincaid53 wrote:These dances that are themes or era dances are a little tricky.
  I guess I'm not a fan of these theme dances and I'm more of a fan of appropriate music for the dance style. I see how Lindsay had a challenge on her hands.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Rather late getting on the board this week.  Yeah, I was also disappointed in Jordan and Lindsay's Charleston.  That was a definite mismatch in dance style and music, not to mention the theme.  Jordan would have killed it with a more traditional presentation.  

Actually looking forward to learning some more about the cast on MMY tomorrow night.  I want to see Drew pull off a jive to Queen, and I hope the show will use Whitney Houston's recording of I Have Nothing.  Will Terrell and Cheryl do it justice?

It looks like Lindsey will finally get her first slower song for a Viennese Waltz.  I hope it works out well for her, and I wonder if Mark will rein in his tendency to break hold this time.  He knows how Len feels about that.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 29 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top