Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Page 19 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by kincaid53 Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:32 pm

I missed the beginning are they having a double elimination tonight?

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Dancing With the Stars - Season 25 - Page 19 Empty Re: Dancing With the Stars - Season 25

Post by peebeeb Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:28 pm

Okay, I love Frankie but that was over scored.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:43 pm

...and Lindsey Stirling finally gets her perfect score.  About F-in time, I'd say.   But damn... what she had to do to get that score!

...Jordan gets the picky 1 point deduction this week from Len.  He looked GREAT during that dance, didn't he? 

....should I bother to ask why Vanessa didn't get the 1-point deduction for the broken Quickstep hold?  lol...  consistently inconsistent scoring, Len!  

Lots of other good dancing this week.  

Not too sad about Nick going home because I think he wanted to be eliminated.  He was tired and his kid really wanted him home again.  
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:32 am

Lindsay and Jordan deserved all 10's for that beautiful and ethereal dance.
Thumbs down to Len for that stupid deduction. No
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:02 am

I wish Jordan and Lindsay had a better song.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:03 am

Delete 

Last edited by Glittersisgld on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:03 am

I finally liked a dress that Erin was wearing and that I felt looked good on her. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:29 pm

I think Nick was ready to go home. He really didn't seem to be having much fun. On the other hand, Mrs. Lachey appears to be totally in her element and is having a great time. I really liked that Vanessa/Maks QS, I guess more than the judges did.

My boys, Drew and Frankie didn't have their best night but still fun. Emma and Witney have choreographed so right on up to now but slipped up a bit last night. Loved Witney's comment about feeding Frankie some magic mushrooms. 

Terrell has dropped that cocky, obnoxious demeanour and has grown so much as a dancer and a person. I like him now and I didn't at first. Cheryl is probably the only pro that could have transformed TO. That was a good dance last night and very entertaining.

Lindsey/Mark performed that dance wonderfully. I love it when Mark's creativity and innovation gel and produce a great one. Accurately scored.

I usually thoroughly enjo Victoria and Val but my response last night was a bit tepid. Don't know why. Val seemed a bit of of his comfort zone maybe that's why. 

Nikki and Artem turned in another excellent dance. I like how Artem is bringing Nikki along. For a tough lady wrestler Nikki seems very vulnerable and Artem is so helping her to have confidence in her own abilities. 

Dance of the night for me was Jordan and Lindsay. I get so mad at old GrumpyGuts when he goes into his nitpicking mode which he has done consistently with Jordan. Gives me flashbacks to Corbin's season where he picked, picked, picked at Corbin about the most minor and stupid things. 

Right now I foresee a Jordan/Lindsay, Lindsey/Mark finale. The winner? I would prefer Jordan/Lindsay but it will be close. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:30 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I wish Jordan and Lindsay had a better song.

Yes.  Tip of the hat to Lindsay who managed to create a beautiful dance out of that. 

The music choices were pretty bad this week, I thought.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:43 pm

I was ready for Nick to go home too.  I wasn't crazy about Val's concept for the dance and I found it distracting.  I don't care for sports and I didn't like the mix.  It just looked to me like they were playing hockey. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:45 pm

Lesallee wrote:...

Right now I foresee a Jordan/Lindsay, Lindsey/Mark finale. The winner? I would prefer Jordan/Lindsay but it will be close. 

Jordan may have a little advantage there.  Given how closely matched these two couples are, I could easily see the audience choosing to reward Lindsay with the win.  Not only for this season, but for all the others as well.  They may feel it is her season.   It would be the most feel good ending, I think.  But it would be really cool if there was a tie and both couples got the MBT.   They have delivered some spectacular entertainment to us.

Still can't rule out other couples, though.  There are lots of likable people in this cast with decent dancing chops. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:48 pm

That would be great if Jordan won.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:29 pm

Enjoyed the show last night, except for Nick going home. He wasn't the best dancer, but he and Peta had their moments that I truly enjoyed!!           Would not have even recognized Shania! I felt like she was being told what to say and was having a hard time remembering it. 

-Nikki...I thought she didn't seem as strong as I thought she would be, and I thought being strong in the AT would be a good thing. Poor girl, be stong, be soft, be romantic, be powerful....must be confusing, but she is doing very good, I think,  for someone that is probably way out of her comfort zone!!

-Drew...I guess even doing 8 hrs didn't help. I thought he did good considering what he was given!!  As much as I like to see the troupe, in this case things seemed a little overwhelming. Emma made one gorgeous spy!!

-Nick.....I didn't quite get the costumes, but Maks left a message on Petas twitter to bring the costume home Shocked   Giggle

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:57 pm

-Victoria.... Oh dear...not sure what to say about this one.....umm, I liked the song, she must have feeling in her feet maybe?
 Was the 'I can do better' thing so Val could be in a bathing suit? (I would preferred it had been Maks!!) It was nice she got to do hockey like her dad and she loved the movie Mighty Ducks. Thinking

-Terrel..I kept forgetting what dance they were doing since I'm used to Jives being more energetic instead of oily. Nice job though, good posture!!  Thank you Nikki for someone finally saying we see you in the rehearsal video.

- Frankie.....In the rehearsal video he seemed a little on edge and that dance, as entertaining as it was, really appeared to take it out of him.  You hung in there really well for a troll on mushrooms Laughing

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:39 pm

-Vanessa.. WOW! .That sure was a QS on steroids!!  I loved it! When you two are in sync you two are phenomenal, and you Vanessa are a Rock Star for never missing a step when losing your skirt at the wrong time!!

-Jordan... Beautiful choreography and beautifully danced. The song, at the end said something about an angel in the shape of my Mom or something like that, so I thought the arm movement was just making a shape.  I don't know, jmo.

-Lindsey...She did a very good job on this dance!! Good job Mark! 
 If Maks had swung his partner around as hard as it looked like Mark did Lindsey  in the rehearsal video.....he'd be brought up assault charges!!  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:33 pm

TEAM DANCES:  PureDWTS.com reports the following team line ups.  The captains seem to have been chosen from the lowest scorers this time.  Drew won the toss and got to choose if he wanted music first pick or team mate first pick.  He chose music.   Terrel then got first choice of team member.  

Team Phantom of the Ballroom (song: “Theme from Phantom of the Opera”)
Drew & Emma (captain)
Frankie & Witney
Vanessa & Maks
Victoria & Val

Team ? (Song: “Monster Mash”)
Terrell & Cheryl (captain)
Lindsey & Mark
Jordan & Lindsay
Nikki & Artem
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:46 pm

God, not the Monster Mash song again.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:13 pm

Exactly, Glitters! The Monster Mash, spare me. Guess my team is Phantom of the Ballroom. Haha, it would have been anyway with my two guys on that team.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:34 pm

Mark + the Monster Mash= Biting nails Shock Afraid craaaaazy but fun.    
        I'm going with Phantom also...going to be awesome costumes and music and dancing and of course it has my favorites Vanessa and Maks and lesallees guys....two of the coolest guys on the show!!  Victoria and Val (who are no slouches Very Happy)  round out the Phenomenal Phantom Team Yay! Thumbs up!  
I like this better than guys versus gals

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:03 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Would not have even recognized Shania! I felt like she was being told what to say and was having a hard time remembering it. 

My thoughts exactly. My sister and I email during the show even though she's in AZ and it comes on 2 hours later for her. I wrote her that Shania is judging and seems to be having a hard time using her words.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:04 pm

Phantom is of course my team choice.  Very Happy
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:08 pm

I think Shania is just not used to being in that arena and coming up with things to say quickly plus being tactful, which I'm sure she wanted to be.  Maybe she had a drink before the show.  I know CA said she gets unusually nervous before the show starts. 

Last edited by Glittersisgld on Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:10 pm

I'm not really picking teams, but Jordan is one of my favorites plus Lindsey is on his team and she is a good dancer.  Though Vanessa and Frankie are on the other team, so...

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:46 pm

Seems that they have done this before, with one song with a good deal of music validity and another with none whatsoever.  Monster Mash does not seem to be any better for dancing than the theme from Ghostbusters to my ear.

I wish they would clear five songs and let the teams choose from them, because this deal with one good song and one really lousy overdone one sucks.  
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:52 pm

Could it be Frankie is cut back to normal while Terrell is coming up from behind? Great job by Cheryl with the storytelling. Marrying that theme with a Jive was no easy task.
I was a bit worried upfront that Lindsey's AT might look like her music video. Forgive me Mark, I should have known better. He sure made use of what Derek had already taught her (and perfected it), but the setting was totally Ballas. Does anyone remember his Jazz with Alexa? The weird scientist seems to become his signature role. Combining the intensity of an Argentine Tango with this 'Frankenstein and his creature' story is something only Mark could manage, and Lindsey delivered everything he could ask for.
Jordan and Lindsay certainly deserved a perfect score as well. I could almost smell how hard Len was looking for sth to pick on. Normally in these Contemporary inspired numbers he goes for lack of content, but Lindsay delivered a high class Rumba (besides, she never looked more beautiful to me), and Jordan executed it flawless and full of emotion. No need to push him even harder, Len.
Vanessa totally redeemed herself in Ballroom. I was fine with the skirt coming off.  Wink She and Nikki are in a tie with 36 each, which is ok for Monday's performances. The question is who will be able to step it up from there.
Victoria's Paso and Hockey didn't go together for me. It was a combination that Derek would have called mustard on ice cream.
The writing is on the wall for Drew and Frankie, I guess. Both had their moments, but they are not consistent enough to go much further.  
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 29 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top