The Walking Dead

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 4 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post by MamaSquirrel Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:27 pm

Singlyme, while that is a fair assessment and a valid point, I'm still a bit hooked
by the series and I look forward to see where they take it. I feel bad for Carl. I
missed how he got shot and who shot him. That scene was so jumbled I missed
the actual shooting. I was however impressed that so many of the originals were
out in the fray with Rick and his crew, when the big fight broke out. It was necessary
and I'm glad to see that the bulk of them survived. 

On a slightly comical note, I sat here alone watching the show as my son was off
at work, so when Darrell got the chase to use the rocket launcher on the Negan
group, I was very vocal in my cheering.  Very Happy
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:48 pm

I was pleased with how exciting this mid season opener was. 

That opening scene I had a bad feeling about. That is until that unexpected explosion! I wasn't expecting that! Awesome scene! Lol

I was starting to like Jessie but if they had just killed off Sam and Ron then Jessie may have been off her rocker for a while like Rick was after Laurie's death. I understand after talking to my son who reads the comics that that scene was pretty much what happened in the comics. I have to admit that when Ron pulled that gun and Michone had to take him out that I was hoping that meant that he didn't shoot Carl in the eye which was in the comics as well. But when Carl slowly raised his head and you saw the blood that ruined that hope. That was some epic makeup they did to make it look like that! I guess with all the commotion going on that it was supposed to have masked the sound of the gun going off.

I thought that Glen was a goner again when he started getting swarmed by the walkers...that is until Abraham and Sasha went all commando with those machine guns! 

Singly, I see what you are saying but I think we still see glimpses of humanity within the characters even though they may seem brief with all the craziness going on. For example, even though Rick's group originally saw Alexandrian's as useless, we saw at the end of the first part of the season where Michone saw Deanna's vision of what Alexandria could be and bonded with her before she died. Now Rick is telling Carl that he sees it now as well. It looks as if Rick may try to become a nicer form of himself again...but who's to say what could happen when Negan comes in. Enid seems to be coming around. I can see this in many characters. I don't see the fact that the Alexandrian's have gotten into the fight as a bad thing. I just see it as now their eyes are opened and that they realize that they live in a world that they need to fight for their lives. They can't just sit back behind the false security of walls because now they see that that doesn't guarantee their safety. I think now they are trusting Rick's group and they understand now why they have to be the way they are. I think that considering they are in a zombie apocalypse and at this point that it has been going on for quite a while now that having much humanity is going to be hard to come by. We may see small glimpses but I don't think we'll see a whole lot at this point. It is still one of the highest rated shows on tv but still may not appeal to all because of the violence.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:59 pm

Well. I liked it. All of a sudden, BOOM !! Flames and "grease spots"  on the road

Yay! Applause Applause.  Was wonderin' how the three were going to get out of thatwithout dying. Man tha ranks right up there with rambo Carol and the propane tank back at Terminus.  Thought Glenn was a goner for sure. Good ol' Sasha and Abraham. Was well worth the wait
Was good to see the town join in with defending their home as well. Wasn't too surprised when Carl lost his eye, someone hinted to me that it was going to happen.

Sorry to  read how you're feeling about the show,Singly. But I do understand it just the same
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:32 am

I must admit, I was impressed with the RPG solution to Negan's gang.  When it blew, it was WTH?  Then, we see Daryl with the launcher.  Good one.

All I could think about when Carl's eye was shot out was that poor Chandler will have to wear a patch for the duration of the show - in the Georgia heat with sweat and dirt.  Yuck.

I don't know that Carol realizing her shooting Wolf in error will change her.  It followed on the heels of her mumbling she should have killed Morgan.  We'll see.  She might be solely responsible for Sam and Jessie.

Many saw Rick's rush out of the surgery as an attempt to lure walkers away from the house.  What I perceived was rage and fury.  And when others left safety to support him, I wondered how many would die.  None?  Right.

I guess my main source of disappointment is how little we interact with our core group.  Did any of them have more than a few lines for the entire show?  90% fireworks, 10% meat.  I want to see what happens during the Alexandria recovery.  But for me, when Negan shows up, I could very well call it a day on this series.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:53 pm

Maybe the writers were trying to see if "actions really do speak louder than words".

I'm sure we will get back to dialog with the cast soon. Still I enjoyed the opener and

look forward to the rest of the season.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:10 am

I am refreshed.  That comfortable grin from Rick on the sofa warmed my heart.
It was good to see some humor this episode, but many things were questionable:

1.  That a truck sitting two years or more started at all.
2.  That they left the car behind instead of one following the other.
3.  Jesus getting untied and on the roof of the truck in less than a minute.
4.  Jesus again getting untied - AND finding Rick's bedroom.
5.  Night gardening for Maggie.

Given the fact I watch SO much winter tv, I've become quite an expert (lol) at finding discrepancies.  All in all, though, I was pleased with the respite from violence. 

I'm a supporter of the Rick & Michonne union, but fear it spells the end of Maggie and Glenn, particularly since Jesus fills the bill as the escape artist Glenn replacement.  Bit of a Houdini, huh?

Glad to see Carl's recovery, but I don't know the point to Enid's character.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:54 am

I thought this was a good episode. I too liked the smiles showing that they are recovering and moving on from the Alexandria walker horde. The humor helped you breathe for a week.

I also liked the fact that Carl lead Walker Deanna and Michonne held onto Deanna so her son could do it his way. That was kind of touching....and also Carl referring to Deanna and to Michonne as his family. See singly, humanity is still there. Lol

I too was wondering at first why they didn't take the truck and the car. But then again, it would have messed up the scenes where the truck was stolen and hunting down Jesus.....AND I too was wondering how in the world Jesus got loose so fast and ended up on top of the truck. I think between that and the last scene that he will prove to be a bit of a Houdini which will either cause the group misery trying to contain him or be a good thing if they can convert him.

Now....I have been waiting for many seasons for them to finally hook Rick and Michonne up. It's something most of us have seen coming on but never happened until now. I guess they wanted to make sure they had Jessie there for a while since she was in the comics as a love interest for Rick and they had to get that showdown in Alexandria over with first. A thought I had however was why did they bring this romance on with Rick and Michonne on the very next episode after Jessie died? I understand that this episode took place weeks after the mid-season opener, but still, a bit odd. At least considering how Rick reacted when he watched Jessie being munched on by walkers.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:57 am

Oops...forgot to respond to the question about Enid. Actually I'm not sure how Enid is going to play into anything. Maggie and Glenn seem to be bonding with her so maybe she will turn into a bit of an adopted kid to them. I'll have to ask my son if she is in the comics and how she plays into anything other than a sort of girlfriend/friend to Carl and a bit of a pain in the ass.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Many think Enid was brought into the cast to replace Sophia, who hasn't died At least, at this point) in the comics.  She is reputed to have been a badass.  But what skills does this kid have, other than sulking?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Singly, that's what my son said that in the comics Sofia didn't die so he also thought Enid a replacement.

Anyway, on to this week.

I don't trust this Jesus character. He may be acting alright now but I think it's hard at this point to trust any stranger that comes along...especially after he stole their truck.

With what happened this week it made it pretty clear that Negan will be coming into this very soon. Not looking forward to that. Someone in the core group will die at Negan's hand before this 2nd half of the season is over. I get the feeling it will be Abraham especially after last nights episode where he seems to be having an epiphany about getting the right girl and settling down into a home life in Alexandria.

I still think Abraham has some of the funniest lines in this show. "When you were pouring the Bisquick, did you mean to be making pancakes?" That was comical. So was the look on everyone's face when they ran up the stairs and saw Rick and Michonne half dressed.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:17 am

I agree that it's not looking good for Abe.  Too much focus spells red shirt.  But it could be a red herring for those of us who use this formula in predicting the next death.  lol.

Someone on the other forum stated that one of our dear cast must die in order for us to hate Negan.  It got me thinking.  That's what bothered me about the arc with the gov.  I hate it when I'm required to hate someone - that
seemingly invincible predator who waits too long for justice.  They always drag out that wait for WAY too long.

I'm on the fence with Jesus.  I want to find him suspect, but he's apparently a good guy in the comics.

This may be my last year for this show.  I'm getting bored with "villain of the season."  BTW, are you still on the other forum?  Who are you, if you don't mind telling?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:51 am

They're making it pretty difficult to predict who's getting offed.  Many omens for different people.  Carol, Glenn, Maggie, Abe.  If they start the second half with Daryl....???

I wondered why Tara looked like she had put on so much weight.  TTD revealed that she was full term pregnant when it was filmed.  Question answered.

What a brutal way for Glenn to execute his first kill.  I've always imagined it would be so much harder "hands-on" than to fire a bullet.  Touching someone as you kill them would be so personal, steal a little of your soul.

On the other hand, we're seeing another side to Gabriel.  When he shot the guy, I thought, Damn. Gabriel?  He's learned what it takes to survive in the new world and has found his courage.

I'm amazed at how many are enjoying all this killing.  Just when I was ready to bail during the first half, they're giving us some semblance of a story line with the characters.

Carol seems to be having a crisis of conscience, logging the number of people she's killed.  She's made offerings of cookies and slept with Tobin.  It's not looking good for her in terms of lifespan.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:47 pm

Yes, they ARE making it hard to predict who is going to get axed...or should I say "Lucilled" by the finale.

I'm hoping that by Glenn looking at all those pictures on the wall that it is not some sort of omen for him. There are others that I would rather see go before Glenn. I like him.

I like seeing Gabriel have guts now and not be a sissy anymore. When he started quoting the Bible to that guy and then after he shot him he said "Amen"....wow, even MY eyes were big as saucers watching that.

Abraham is on my crap list right now. The way he broke it off with Rosito was so cold and nasty. I haven't even seen Sasha show what looks like a real interest in Abraham for him to pull something like that for her. It's not like Sasha is this cutesy bad ass to draw in men. She is more on the stern, standoffish side. Can't figure out why they would write into the story an attraction for Abraham towards her. Weird. I still think he may be one of the ones to get killed off this season and maybe this is part of how it's going to happen. Who knows....maybe even Rosita will do it. Lol

I'm surprised with that list Carol was making. Killing humans didn't seem to bother her before. Does it have anything to do with Tobin? Now THAT seemed to come out of nowhere! Are we to assume she slept with him? Did I miss something? Lol
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:42 pm

I think it's Sam who's made Carol take a step back.  She left a cookie on his grave.  I can't recall what she said after that kiss with Tobin.  He mentioned something about her going on the raid the next day and she said something to the effect that it wasn't tomorrow yet.  Clouds move to cover the moon.  lol.

Abe's dumping of Rosita was cold - selfish.  He may be interested in Sasha but I think her exchanging guard duty and patrolling with Eugene was her way of avoiding him.  I won't be disappointed if she doesn't respond.

Planning to watch "Fear?"

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 4 Empty the walking dead

Post by moo2meow Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:52 pm

She did say "tomorrow" after she kissed him. Maybe when she gets back. Now that she's captured only the writers know for sure about Carol. I hope they keep her. I love Rambo Carol.
Though I still like Abraham, I wouldn't mind seeing Rosito knock him around a bit. Hurt him like he hurt her. He'd be deserving of it. Still don't like Gabriel but it is good to see him not "hide" behind his religion. To survive everyone must do their part and he sure wasn't doing anything but praying. Was hoping Sasha would kill him was it last year ? Think so.
And Sasha never gave Abraham indication that she as interested in him. If I missed that part someone tell me when and where she happened to have said it.

Really felt for Glenn killing like that but I'm hoping all those pictures he saw were of that guy's victims. Maybe knowing that, Glenn won't have such a hard time accepting what he had to do.  Do believe he's burned out though. Look in his eyes. There's a "weariness" in them. Careful Glenn. That's how people get dead.
Right now, I like the guy Jesus. But things can and do change and so can my like button. We'll just wait and see on this guy Jesus.

They had better NOT end the 2nd half of this season by killing off Daryl. Choose a flunky, a minor character, or how about the Akido guy. He didn't come out like I thought or hoped for.
Love Rick and Michonne together. Better match for Rick and about time it came about.

Last edited by moo2meow on Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : took out content)
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Yes, I'll be watching Fear. I am hopeful that with the previews we have been seeing that the momentum will pick up this season.

Not only would I like to see Sasha shun Abraham but I would like to see Rosita hook up with someone else and throw it in his face. Maybe Jesus or the black guy with the braids. Sorry, I can't remember his name. I'm starting to be hopeful that Jesus is the good dude he is in the comics.

The producers are aware of Daryl's popularity but unfortunately no one is safe in this show. Considering Daryl wasn't in the comics it's hard to judge what could possibly even happen to him.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:07 pm

I like the guy with the braids. Hope they have him stick around a while.
I don't read the comics
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:35 am

I'm curious why Jesus remained in the shadows during the attack.  They made it somewhat clear that Negan's crew were not to know Hilltop people were involved in the raid.  However... I'm getting the feeling that Jesus once ran with Negan.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Any chance that Negan is a woman?
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:00 pm

MamaSquirrel wrote:Any chance that Negan is a woman?
No. They already announced the actor playing Negan is Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:30 pm

Having gusting winds and rain in my area of Washington. Hope the power stays on till after 11pm !!!
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:48 am

Funny thing happened on the way to viewing.  Just into Maggie and Carol being captured, I didn't want to watch.  There's been so much hype about 'Lucille,' and I realized I'm just sick of the human violence.  I'm done.

When it was more about the people, I was an avid fan.  But this weekly foray into killing?  Nah.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:27 pm

Singly, sorry to see you go from this thread. I guess since Negan is the worst character to date with this story that there is bound to be more violence.

I read an article today that they are making some changes here and there to show things progressing in the apocalypse. They are going to be using less guns because at this point the ammunition supplies are running low. I also assume this is part of why there is more violence with people still alive. Everyone was scrambling when the apocalypse first started and it was all about finding a steady place to live, finding food, weapons, killing walkers, the basics to stay alive. Now that time has gone on you have the bully groups that have formed and are wreaking havoc on the good groups. I am assuming it is a sign of the times they are in and as time goes on they have to keep the story line up with that and that is going to include more violence. If it remained status quo from where they were in the beginning I think it would start to become stale and the writers know this.

I actually thought this week was pretty good. Carol was truly wrestling with her inner demons and I think she saw some similarities between her and Paula. Normally Carol doesn't seem to mind doing what she has to do to keep herself and others alive as she has hardened her heart to it. Even what she had to do this week to keep her and Maggie alive seemed to bother her.  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:36 pm

Well, that was tense and a bit scary. I knew they were going to leave us hanging as to who got killed. I have my suspicions as to who it probably is. It's going to be a long 6 months.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 4 Empty the walking dead

Post by moo2meow Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:57 pm

I agree. A long 6 months indeed ! I have 4 on my "you just died" list. Man. The way Neegan & his crew followed them each and every turn our guys made. Have never seen the level of fear register in the Alexandrian's eyes as I did last night. Not even as they were knelt before the troth at Terminus.
Good to see Eugene emerge from the shadows but ..... he's one of my 4. 

I don't know if I'll be watching Fear. Will give it a few episodes to see if it improves but wont hesitate to walk away if it doesn't .

Last edited by moo2meow on Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top