The Walking Dead

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by singlyme on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:58 am

rkc, I get a one- or two-minute capsule from my daughter about the show.  Just, "Who died?"  There are many disgruntled viewers on the Roamers site about the cliff-hanger.  I just can't watch anymore.

I've been watching The Family and Blindspot, but there's no discussion about either.  The Family really sets one's mind to puzzle-solving.  And of course, there's Bates Motel.  Love Vera Farmiga's acting here!

I'll give Fear a shot, but I don't really expect much in the way of a storyline.  I'm betting we'll have an episode of getting underway on the boat, the second where they're out of water.  By the fourth, they'll be fighting other humans or one another.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:38 pm

I think it's kind of silly that so many people are so pissed about the cliffhanger. Did they really think that it would be answered before season 7? Every season there is a cliffhanger...not just on this show but pretty much EVERY show. To me it just goes to show just how invested so many are in this show that they would care so much.

My son and I had a big discussion on Wednesday about who we thought died. He thinks it's either Abraham or Glenn. Part of his reasoning on Abraham is that he missed the arrow through the eye as in the comics and instead Denise got it.

I am thinking Glenn for a number of reasons. They have been playing around for way too long with pretty much sticking to the storyline in the comics but killing other people. Scott Gimple said a few times recently that they switch up the person that it's not so predictable. I think that for such a big story-line from the comics that they decided to keep it Glenn to keep true to the comics and also no one would suspect Glenn because they always switch it up. Also, that one person point of view I think played a big part in the finale. They showed a few times what we didn't know was the view of someone in the van...that is until they opened up the door and we realized that's what it was. Then there was the same one person point of view of whoever got killed. So that leads me to believe that it was someone in the van and that is either Glenn, Daryl, Michone, or Rosita. As sick as Negan is he still has a code of ethics where women are concerned...that is until he takes the wives of the men in the Savior's. That doesn't sound very ethical to me but, oh well. I don't think it's Daryl at this point unless Norman Reedus is leaving the show of his own choice and he never gave any indication that he was doing that. He is going to be on that show about motorcycles but at this point it is only supposed to be a few episodes so I don't think he would leave because of that. Other cast members have done other projects on their time off. So that is what brought me to thinking it was Glenn. I think they were teasing us with the dumpster scene only to take him out a few episodes later. I had already come to this conclusion when a few days ago that creepy audio started circulating. Now I'm more convinced. 

rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:53 am

The people I mentioned are likely comic book readers who knew what Negan would mean.  They felt the entire season was building to a climax and instead, left them hanging.

Me?  I feel so far-removed from the characters that it truly doesn't matter.  They've diluted our ensemble and lost the core essence of the group.  Too many people to cover with script and too little time to give us much personal insight.  There are only so many minutes per episode and they've devoted them mostly to killing.

Honestly, I don't miss the show.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Anyone else watch the season 7 premiere last night? One of the most brutal and heart wrenching episodes ever!

rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:15 am

I only tuned in to The Talking Dead to find out who died.  The evening news has me overloaded on brutality and violence.  Don't want it for entertainment.  I miss the characters but the show went down a road I can't follow.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:31 am

It's definitely brutal, but I think the story is great.  Absent the zombie's - if we ever suffered through some type of world ending extreme circumstance, I think this could be the reality.  It is gruesome but good!  I can't not watch.

Dazz

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:45 pm

Unfortunately so many shows are violent that it's hard to find shows that aren't in some way. This show is still my favorite show and I will continue to watch it as long as they continue to air it. It's so much better then Fear the Walking Dead. Sunday's episode was so sad because Glenn was one of the original cast members and I'm sad to see him go. I think the way they portrayed his death was worse then Abraham's. I saw a picture of it in the comics and they were trying to stay true to how it was pictured there. Whoever did the makeup for that scene was brilliant though it was horrible to look at. And Glenn struggling to say something to Maggie after he was hit the first time was awful. And then they finished the episode with showing them all sitting at the table and Glenn was holding his son. Heartbreaking.

rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:00 am

I agree rkc - the makeup work for Glenn was so well done, I mean the bulging eye effects were disgustingly awesome. 

I thought Rick was also great in his acting - he was so broken and even the snot bubble from his nose was a great touch.   I just loved it.   Sad to see both Glenn and Abe go, but you knew it was bound to happen.   Only a few left from the original crew Sad

Dazz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz on Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:39 am

Well, now I thought last night was a great episode.  Some of the comic readers online are saying it was too fairy tale like, but I thought the whole introduction of King Ezekiel was nicely done.  Yes, over the top at first, but we quickly learn why and what.   I liked it...  I think King Ezekiel will be a love interest for Carol.  One one hand I'm kind of over Carol wanting to run away on her own, I'm liking that she is "gone" but not gone.

Dazz

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Yeah, that episode was really toned down from last week. I agree that Carol being away from the group is getting old already. She is bad ass and needs to be back where she will be of use to the group especially now that Negan broke Rick.

rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum