The Walking Dead

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 5 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:58 am

rkc, I get a one- or two-minute capsule from my daughter about the show.  Just, "Who died?"  There are many disgruntled viewers on the Roamers site about the cliff-hanger.  I just can't watch anymore.

I've been watching The Family and Blindspot, but there's no discussion about either.  The Family really sets one's mind to puzzle-solving.  And of course, there's Bates Motel.  Love Vera Farmiga's acting here!

I'll give Fear a shot, but I don't really expect much in the way of a storyline.  I'm betting we'll have an episode of getting underway on the boat, the second where they're out of water.  By the fourth, they'll be fighting other humans or one another.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:38 pm

I think it's kind of silly that so many people are so pissed about the cliffhanger. Did they really think that it would be answered before season 7? Every season there is a cliffhanger...not just on this show but pretty much EVERY show. To me it just goes to show just how invested so many are in this show that they would care so much.

My son and I had a big discussion on Wednesday about who we thought died. He thinks it's either Abraham or Glenn. Part of his reasoning on Abraham is that he missed the arrow through the eye as in the comics and instead Denise got it.

I am thinking Glenn for a number of reasons. They have been playing around for way too long with pretty much sticking to the storyline in the comics but killing other people. Scott Gimple said a few times recently that they switch up the person that it's not so predictable. I think that for such a big story-line from the comics that they decided to keep it Glenn to keep true to the comics and also no one would suspect Glenn because they always switch it up. Also, that one person point of view I think played a big part in the finale. They showed a few times what we didn't know was the view of someone in the van...that is until they opened up the door and we realized that's what it was. Then there was the same one person point of view of whoever got killed. So that leads me to believe that it was someone in the van and that is either Glenn, Daryl, Michone, or Rosita. As sick as Negan is he still has a code of ethics where women are concerned...that is until he takes the wives of the men in the Savior's. That doesn't sound very ethical to me but, oh well. I don't think it's Daryl at this point unless Norman Reedus is leaving the show of his own choice and he never gave any indication that he was doing that. He is going to be on that show about motorcycles but at this point it is only supposed to be a few episodes so I don't think he would leave because of that. Other cast members have done other projects on their time off. So that is what brought me to thinking it was Glenn. I think they were teasing us with the dumpster scene only to take him out a few episodes later. I had already come to this conclusion when a few days ago that creepy audio started circulating. Now I'm more convinced. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:53 am

The people I mentioned are likely comic book readers who knew what Negan would mean.  They felt the entire season was building to a climax and instead, left them hanging.

Me?  I feel so far-removed from the characters that it truly doesn't matter.  They've diluted our ensemble and lost the core essence of the group.  Too many people to cover with script and too little time to give us much personal insight.  There are only so many minutes per episode and they've devoted them mostly to killing.

Honestly, I don't miss the show.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:24 pm

Anyone else watch the season 7 premiere last night? One of the most brutal and heart wrenching episodes ever!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:15 am

I only tuned in to The Talking Dead to find out who died.  The evening news has me overloaded on brutality and violence.  Don't want it for entertainment.  I miss the characters but the show went down a road I can't follow.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:31 am

It's definitely brutal, but I think the story is great.  Absent the zombie's - if we ever suffered through some type of world ending extreme circumstance, I think this could be the reality.  It is gruesome but good!  I can't not watch.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:45 pm

Unfortunately so many shows are violent that it's hard to find shows that aren't in some way. This show is still my favorite show and I will continue to watch it as long as they continue to air it. It's so much better then Fear the Walking Dead. Sunday's episode was so sad because Glenn was one of the original cast members and I'm sad to see him go. I think the way they portrayed his death was worse then Abraham's. I saw a picture of it in the comics and they were trying to stay true to how it was pictured there. Whoever did the makeup for that scene was brilliant though it was horrible to look at. And Glenn struggling to say something to Maggie after he was hit the first time was awful. And then they finished the episode with showing them all sitting at the table and Glenn was holding his son. Heartbreaking.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:00 am

I agree rkc - the makeup work for Glenn was so well done, I mean the bulging eye effects were disgustingly awesome. 

I thought Rick was also great in his acting - he was so broken and even the snot bubble from his nose was a great touch.   I just loved it.   Sad to see both Glenn and Abe go, but you knew it was bound to happen.   Only a few left from the original crew Sad

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:39 am

Well, now I thought last night was a great episode.  Some of the comic readers online are saying it was too fairy tale like, but I thought the whole introduction of King Ezekiel was nicely done.  Yes, over the top at first, but we quickly learn why and what.   I liked it...  I think King Ezekiel will be a love interest for Carol.  One one hand I'm kind of over Carol wanting to run away on her own, I'm liking that she is "gone" but not gone.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:39 pm

Yeah, that episode was really toned down from last week. I agree that Carol being away from the group is getting old already. She is bad ass and needs to be back where she will be of use to the group especially now that Negan broke Rick.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:08 pm

What did you all think of the Mid-season premiere? I'm totally falling for Jesus.  He is fab.  I wish Carol would snap out of this stupid funk and just rejoin the group already.  This storyline is old and frustrating.

I LOVED the clothes line walker shredding with Michonne and Rick. How exciting!  Can't wait to see what they do with those explosives. I would like to see what is happening with Eugene and if it was indeed Dwayne that set Daryl free.  
This episode felt good and like I remember from the beginning.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:03 pm

I liked it. It was good to see an episode that didn't show Negan threatening to bash someone skull in. He is charismatic and even funny at times but he is such a madman that he makes me nervous. 

I like Jesus too. I knew I was going to like him even on his debut episode and he was being a pain in the ass to Rick and Daryl. They need to just overthrow Jeffery at Hilltop and just get it over with. 

I'm also hoping Carol snaps out of it soon. She is a force to be reckoned with and they could certainly use her help. She isn't the Carol we knew at the start of the series, thank God, but she certainly isn't bad ass lately. I also don't like how Rosita is being right now. Okay, we get it. You're angry. But that comment was uncalled for. But then again she has never been all warm and fuzzy anyway.

I loved how they mowed down those walkers. That was great special effects!

I think it was Jesus that let Daryl go. I think Dwight will eventually flee from the Saviors but I don't know how cozy people will be with him.

I'm curious to see the dynamics between Eugene and Negan. Eugene was finally starting to be less fearful and now this happens.

People were wondering why that big smile on Rick's face at the end of the episode. I think it is pretty obvious. After all this talk of not having the numbers he is realizing that that is not the case.

I am wondering what more is to come with Negan and his Saviors. I was surprised that when they did the Terminus story line that it came and went so fast. I think there is quite a bit more to tell with Negan and I hope they won't have it come and go in a blink of an eye. I just want to see Rick go cannibalistic on Negan like he did that other dude! lol   
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:45 pm

Agreed - I think the Negan thing will play out in at least 2 seasons. We'll see Negan for some time to come.  Jeffrey Dean Morgan is a fun actor to watch, I think he nails the part and makes Negan to be a nut job that he is in the comic.

Rosita had been disappointing and when did she find bomb disarming skills? Oh well, I guess we have to suspend belief at times.

Yes - Rick's smile spoke 1000 words!  This should be great - Can't wait to see how this unfolds.  If Tara could somehow get Oceanside to join forces, would be great.  They have so much weaponry.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:48 pm

I originally thought it was Jesus that let Daryl go but then I remembered that Jesus saw Daryl as he was coming out of the compound. My son had said he thought it was Dwight's wife that let him go and now I have to eat crow because he was right! Lol. How that all played out was disturbing right up until the doctor got thrown into the fire by Negan based on Dwight's lies. You want to hate Negan based on his brutality but he does make me laugh. He's got a crazy sense of humor.

I know Eugene was scared but I can't help but be disappointed in that last scene how he overdid it with claiming his allegiance to Negan.

I know some people are claiming they are not happy with this season but I think it's good.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:42 pm

I think Eugene is actually playing Negan.  I think he is doing the same thing he did to Abraham when they met - you whole "I have a cure schtick" so that he was protected.   He has grown a little since then, but he still has those skills to survive.  I see some foreshadowing for Dwight to align with Eugene too.  

I wonder why the cameras zoned in on Eugene seeing that red head kid steal the bread.  I wonder if that will play a part later.

So many developments from this last episode, I can't wait for the next one!

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Did anyone else watch the finale?

It was pretty interesting. They kind of gave it away though in the last few episodes that it was going to be Sasha that dies.

I think Eugene burned a lot of bridges when he said, "I am Negan". I believe he is doing this out of fear of Negan and thinks it makes him safe and I also believe that he thinks his position there makes him important. May come back to burn him later.

I think the ending sets it up for a brutally eventful season 8. I know people have been complaining but I think the producers listened and they stated in a recent article that season 8 will be the climatic result of the sluggish season 7.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:41 pm

I did watch the finale.  I have varying thoughts though...  While I like the finale and that we didn't have a grueling cliffhanger like seasons past - I really find a few things annoying:

1. Shiva could tell the difference between friend and foe?
2. The Garbage Pail kids language is so annoying, but then they show up in garbage trucks and bikes?  Oi Vey!
3. Negan's long rants
4. I love Abe, but his flashbacks were too often in this episode.

Now, the things that I think are great were that Negan saw Maggie and realized, she isn't dead.  Negan had some slight fear in his eyes when he realized Rick is not backing down.
The Sasha death was no surprise, but she went out like a champ. I'm wondering what Jadis was negotiating with Negan for?  Was it for people? Probably not guns or food.  Men for her to lay with? Haha. 

I think next season we will see some of the women from Oceanside join in the fight.  I think the Negan will kill off the garbage people or perhaps take them over, as they bolted from the chaos as it erupted.
I just hope the writing is a little better - like keep the King Ezekiel Shakespeare theatrics to a minimum =) Laughing

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:21 am

You made some good points. I like the fact that Rick didn't act like he was bowing down to Negan. Maybe it's the fact that they now have backup. When Rick again told Negan that he is going to kill him as you said the look on his face was priceless. That is until maybe he realized he was showing fear and smiled to try to intimidate him. He obviously doesn't know Rick and his reputation.

I also am curious what the deal was between Jadis and Negan. She better hope its good because once you piss Rick Grimes off there's no going back. I didn't realize that the garbage people bolted because there was so much confusion once the action started. Now that you point that out I think that between pissing Rick AND Negan off you don't stand a chance of making it out alive. That part where she said she would lay with Rick was funny. Rick's reaction made me laugh.

I also agree that King Ezekiel is a bit too much. Maybe people dont ridicule him because he has a tiger. Lol

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Anyone still watching this show ? Still is my favorite

Popcorn  Me, at every show and sometimes ....  Scratch  and sometimes .... Biting nails
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:01 pm

moo2meow wrote:Anyone still watching this show ? Still is my favorite

Popcorn  Me, at every show and sometimes ....  Scratch  and sometimes .... Biting nails  
I haven’t watched it this season yet because In November my son and I moved from Delaware to Louisiana. Big move for us! Am still trying to get everything worked out so I have been quite busy. I was just thinking a couple of days ago that I need to just take a weekend and catch up on it.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:22 pm

That's all it takes especially if it's a long quiet weekend. Good to hear from you,rkc.
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top