The Walking Dead

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 3 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post by rkc1960 Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:34 pm

I'm going to have to go back and look but I must have been distracted by something else because I don't remember anything about wood falling from the tower. I asked my son about it and he said that it was wood falling OFF the tower...I guess as in it was falling apart and that's why it fell.

That whole dumpster thing had me stumped too because I personally have never seen a dumpster far enough off the ground for someone to crawl under it....until I did a search and there apparently are dumpsters off the ground.

I think that Carl will get shot by Ron in the eye even though in the comics it was by someone else. If it doesn't take out his eye I'm thinking he will still get injured by Ron to the point that his eye will be wrapped up same as it was in the comics. 

I think maybe the "arrogance" by Carl towards Ron is due to how Ron has been treating Carl and Rick after the killing of his father and him thinking Carl stole Enid from him. Ron has been acting like a little brat and it could be a teenage boy thing which is why they are wanting to strike out at each other. But I agree that it wasn't very smart of Rick to teach Ron how to use a gun instead of a knife.

I think the whole thing with Rick ripping down the posters that Gabriel is putting up is just like the instance of Gabriel saying he would volunteer at that one meeting and Rick shot that down with a quick NO! Gabriel is not too different than Eugene. They are both scaredy cats and aren't of much use for defense purposes. Plus there's that added anger over Gabriel going to Deanna and trying to get them kicked out of Alexandria. If I was Rick I would probably do the same thing. That guy is trouble.

I too couldn't figure out why Rick was getting so upset at Tara. I think Rick is in a place right now like what he was in early scenes at the prison. He thinks he has to do it all and be in charge of everything for the peoples safety. At the prison he had Hershel to talk him down and that was when the prison started turning around and Rick became a farmer. When Rick started thinking they were too safe that is when the governor came in and blew that safety net right out from underneath them. I think after that he is in a place that he doesn't want to let down his guard again.

My son and I both have our doubts that Spencer was really trying to be a hero. We're thinking that is how he tried to spin things when he got caught being such in idiot. He may have been trying to get out of Dodge.

My son gives me all the scoop on the comics and if as many things that happened in the comics ends up happening next week then we are in for a brutal mid-season finale. 

And before I forget, Carol following Morgan and the "doctor" to that house where Morgan has that Wolf...that isn't going to end well.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:42 pm

rkc, may I walk around in your head for a while? You damn sure have it 
all together. I forgot about Carol, Morgan and the doc. I agree that this
coming Sunday is going to have at least one of us, (maybe more) doing
cartwheels in our head over the whole "mess". 

"Brutal" what a perfect word for what is to come.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Thu Nov 26, 2015 5:39 pm

It started to fall apart soon after the truck hit it. They just started to show it fall in that episode. My view on Spencer as well. Opinion only : "he's walker food". Don't know why he's there.

Never thought of the blonde dude on the walkie, Singly. You're probably right on that. Forgot that they took Daryl's bag and the walkie was in there.  Duh 

Would like to see Glenn survive but as I stated in an earlier post, He and Maggie are the two I could live with leaving the show should the writers go that way. Carol had better not get hurt or killed. I sure love my Carol in Rambo mode.

Sunday's too far away. Show me now !!
Have a four day weekend. Already bored out of my skull. Would rather go to work
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Thank you for saying that, Mama S, however being inside my head as of late would maybe not be so fun! LOL.

I'm thinking that we are going to see a death or two on Sunday and not necessarily just the newbie Alexandrians. I'm thinking that some that may be in jeopardy are Morgan, Deanna, Ron, Eugene, and possibly even Abraham or Rosita. I'm not confident that Glenn will survive, or even Daryl once Negan comes into the picture, but I don't think that will happen until the second half of the season.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:12 pm

I can only hope that a certain locked up wolf gets eaten tonight. Don't ask me why, but it would be poetic justice in my head for some reason.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Well, it looks like the potential for my wish to come true is open for a possibility, but 
that being said, we won't know until the mid-season premiere to see if it happens or 
not. Dang.

All things considered, tonight's episode could have been a whole lot worse. Although,
I must admit, in my head I'm thinking of Alan Alda in the final episodes of MASH, where
he is bugging out over the noise a "chicken" is making but when he finally admits that 
it was a baby and the mother smothered it to make it quiet to save everyone on the 
bus......Rick is going to have an incident like that if Jesse's younger son doesn't shut
the hell up while they are walking through the walkers. 

Carl has proven he is not out to harm Ron regardless of Ron's intentions. I like that.
Jesse is improving to some degree or another, but what Deanna did is priceless. Kudos
to her for that. Die on your feet Lady.

I have a really good feeling about the doc making a super come back now that she is outside with all those walkers and the one wolf. He is not going to like his outcome. 
Never assume squat about a mousy person, it will bite you in the behind in the end. I 
have a good feeling about her and I hope I'm right. Carl with the baby is a sticky 
situation as I see it but I have a sense that she just might stay quiet since she knows
she is with her big brother....at least that is what I'm hoping.

I watched the rerun of the other episode and it still looks to me that the wood was 
being thrown from the tower....from the top. That seriously does not explain why the 
tower fell with the bottom collapsing. Sorry, still don't get it there. 

Okay, now kids, it's your turn.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:12 am

Just how many story arcs do we have going now?  Let's see. 

One group is leaving the house covered in walker guts, with Sam beginning to panic.  Strange:  When Rick and Deanna were outside, being surrounded by walkers, Jesse came out to shoot down the nearest threats.  After they scrambled inside the house and showed the street scene, there were no walkers in front of the house.

Glenn and Enid are outside the wall with Maggie stranded on the tower.

Daryl & Co. are about to meet Negan.

Wolfman has Doc Lady at gunpoint (and where did all the walkers go when they left the house?).  Carol's gonna shoot Morgan in the face after this.

I'll miss Deanna.  Tough lady.

You know, I was forced to use a suspension of disbelief when the group found each other after the prison escape.  Now, we're in the same situation with escaping Alexandria.  What are the odds, given the wooded landscape and the directions each will take, that they'll find one another once again?  Looks like this will be a chopped up storyline for many episodes to come.

All of the above being said, I'm not champing at the bit as I have in past seasons.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:54 am

singlyme wrote:Just how many story arcs do we have going now?  Let's see. 

One group is leaving the house covered in walker guts, with Sam beginning to panic.  Strange:  When Rick and Deanna were outside, being surrounded by walkers, Jesse came out to shoot down the nearest threats.  After they scrambled inside the house and showed the street scene, there were no walkers in front of the house.

Glenn and Enid are outside the wall with Maggie stranded on the tower.

Daryl & Co. are about to meet Negan.

Wolfman has Doc Lady at gunpoint (and where did all the walkers go when they left the house?).  Carol's gonna shoot Morgan in the face after this.

I'll miss Deanna.  Tough lady.

You know, I was forced to use a suspension of disbelief when the group found each other after the prison escape.  Now, we're in the same situation with escaping Alexandria.  What are the odds, given the wooded landscape and the directions each will take, that they'll find one another once again?  Looks like this will be a chopped up storyline for many episodes to come.

All of the above being said, I'm not champing at the bit as I have in past seasons.
Sam needs to shut up. His panic could be very dangerous for all of them.
Was my mind playing tricks on me? Are Glenn and Enid in a tree?
Daryl, Sasha and Abraham are about to meet who? Who is Negan? I see his picture in the line up but I don't recognize him. When did he get introduced into the story line?
Wolfman and Doc....I didn't see a shot from the outside as they were leaving but I was still thinking the same thing. If there had been 
walkers out there, would he have been so quick to step outside? Is he going to offer Doc up as a snack/distraction so he can get away?
(that would tick me off if he did, and I might stop watching the show if he gets away with it)
Didn't Wolfman take all the guns and knives in the room? Carol won't be able to shoot Morgan until she gets back to the storage room,
where all the guns are locked up at, that would give Morgan time to hide. LOL
I agree about Deanna, I will miss her too.

I wonder how long they are planning on running this series at all. The way they are taking this, it doesn't seem like they are gunning to have too many more seasons anyway. Unless they are planning on having an entirely new cast, this one seems to be dying off just a bit too much. Oh the questions just keep rambling around in my head.....I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:05 am

Yes, mama.  Glenn was in a tree.  It just occurred to me that he said the gate was on the east side of town, so they would go to the west wall.  The distance to Maggie made the town look a block wide.  WTH????

Negan will be played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan and is touted by comic book fans as evil incarnate - the villain of villains.  I'm dreading it.

I went over to the TWD board and have noticed this season, the participation and comments have fallen off dramatically.  Best statistical guess is that 95% of those people left are rating the finale fair-to-poor.  And these are people who once were obsessed with every little nuance on the show.

Something different is in play this season.  It's almost as though they've become so self-confident they think they can serve us shit and we'll eat it.  The acting is still great, but many say the broken-up scenes are no better than a series of disconnected promos.

For me, it seems they've come to enjoy toying with us.  We were all wondering if the "help" that came in on Daryl's walkie was either Glenn or the blonde guy.  And it turns out to be Eugene at nearly the end of the next episode.  Again.  WTH????  Are they doing Pulp Fiction in Alexandria?

My sister says she likes the show better when the group is working to attain a goal, (finding Sophia, reaching Alexandria, etc.) rather than having to fight other humans.  I'm with her.  Tired of nearly every surviving human being led by a psycho.  Personally, I believe they're running the show into the ground.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:38 am

I would have sworn that I answered you the other day but now I don't see it. I must
be losing my mind. I just don't remember what I was going to say. Sorry.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Sorry I'm late to the chat but this week was very busy for me.

I think the reason people weren't happy with the finale was because it didn't have that punch in the gut feeling that we are used to being left with. It had a little bit of a cliff-hanger but it just felt like an ordinary sunday episode rather than a finale. Scott Gimple made a statement that we weren't going to like how they did sunday's show and he was right. So that tells me they had a reason for how they shot it.

When the Wolf and the Doc were leaving the house I took it that it was probably a back door they were leaving from considering where they were coming from. I'm assuming that is why there were not a bunch of walkers out back as compared to out on the main street. What I wasn't crazy about in that scene was that Morgan would rather beat a lady with a stick then have a person die that already threatened to kill them all. Unless they are continuing that story line with the Doc and Tara, I don't see her surviving her ordeal with the Wolf.

I have more respect for Deanna the way they had her go out in a blaze than her laying there and shooting herself. 

I don't know why they didn't bother to tell any of the Alexandrian's that they can't talk while walking through the walkers. I know what my son said happens in the comics but I'm not sure if they will do the same thing in the show.

I don't see the series dying anytime soon. It is still one of the most watched shows on tv and I don't see that changing. They are still writing the comics and the story will go on. They are not killing people off the same way as they did in the comics so I'm sure they already know what they plan on doing with certain characters.

I don't know if Daryl is going to survive Negan because he has a tv show about motorcycles that will start airing next season. I know it would freak a lot of viewers out but the show must go on.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:08 pm

Thank you. Better late than never. I am going to have to process what you said here 
and get back to you on it. I'm not sure I want to start rambling just yet. Smile
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:15 pm

2nd half coming up soon. Anyone coming back in here on the 13th of February ?
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:44 pm

I'm waiting for it. The 13th, is that the night it airs or the day after?
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:08 am

Mama, are you sure it's coming in Feb.?  What happened to FEAR TWD?  I thought it would run in between the two.

As for TWD, I'm not sure I want to continue.  The plot of "Villain of the Season" has worn thin for me.

Even The 100's season opener left me flat - and annoyed they threw in a gay one-night-stand just for the sake of showing it.  It's been a favorite, but it seems they're now trading substance for flash.  In general, production has become so literal and emotionless with these sex scenes, I kinda miss the old "clouds obscure the moon" innuendo.  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:25 pm

The second half of this season airs on February 14th. Happy Valentine's Day! Lol. It was said recently to expect one of the regular characters to die in the second half. I have my theories as to who it may be.

FTWD is coming back on april 10th. So it sounds like it is coming back on right after this season of TWD ends. No break in between like last year. Here's the story....

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/fear-the-walking-dead/249544/fear-the-walking-dead-season-2-news-premiere-date-plot-details-trailers-photos
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:50 pm

Sorry, rkc. Thought the 13th was Sunday. You are correct on the dates. (Sunday, 14th)
Don't know how I feel about FTWD, Will give it a couple of shows. If any better than last year will watch. If not ...... ?
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:17 pm

Yes, it definitely started out slow. I guess they needed the time to build a story line. I like how it ended in the last episode. I think it opens up a lot of possibilities being out on the water that was never explored before. Now it's up to the writer's to run with it.

It will never be the same as TWD for most of us. There is just no comparison. I will give it another season to see if they can make it more interesting than the bulk of last season.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:29 am

You bring up a thought-provoking premise, rkc.  As I said said above, I've become bored with TWD's "villain of the season."  On the water, what else can FTWD face but that same scenario?  This does not bode well in that regard.  I'm picturing pirates.  However, it does leave open some interesting problems with replenishing food and water.

My greatest issue with FTWD is that I couldn't connect with any of the characters.  Even Rueben Blades lost his appeal during the torture scenes.  If this is a problem in reviews, perhaps they can lose some of the characters at port calls and gain some people who are more appealing.  lol.  Seriously, they lack a macho male and the mother just doesn't cut it as another Carol.  Perhaps the daughter will end up filling that role.

With the other, if Daryl dies.....

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:37 pm

...... there will be serious feedback from his loyal female fan base. Zombie heads won't be the only ones rolling that day !!
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:03 am

You know, moo, even Daryl is losing his appeal to me.  They've darkened his hair and it always looks stringy and greasy/sweaty now.  Instead of macho, he just looks dirty and stinky. 

Glenn seems to be the only guy on this show who takes the occasional shower.  Even Carol manages to get a haircut shorter than Rick and Daryl.  These days when I look at Rick and Daryl, I think how their heads must itch.

Perhaps I'm just over the hype.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:46 pm

I think with FTWD being out on the water this season it will not only bring in the possibility of pirates on the water but they will have to make stops to replenish supplies. That will leave them open to all kinds of situation with walkers.

I like Daryl but I am not one of his loyal female fans. He does look like he hasn't taken a bath or washed his hair in ages....and even this with living in Alexandria where these things are available to him. At least since they've been there Rick has looked cleaner.

I will continue to watch TWD no matter who gets bumped off. I just like the show.

My son now has me stuck on Game Of Thrones. I buy him the seasons on DVD as gifts and  he brings them over and he is catching me up on past seasons. We were watching a few episodes of the end of season 4 yesterday. He started laughing saying that he loves to re-watch the episodes with me because the way I freak out over the horrible events just amuses him. Lol
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:55 pm

My son got me watching Dexter. Currently on season four. Will take a look at Boardwalk Empire next.

9 more days   Popcorn
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Just finished watching the mid-season premier and I have to say....I didn't see that 
coming out that way. Some things were answered and others weren't but all in all, I 
am very happy with the way this has started. I don't know who lives where, so I don't want to spoil it for anyone but if you haven't seen it yet, I hope you enjoy it as much
as I did. Talk to you tomorrow about what happened tonight. G'night all.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:07 am

Watched - but almost turned it off halfway through.  I think I'm over it.  Best applause I can give it is special effects.  I hope we have some time with the characters as a whole before they bring in Negan.

For me, there's been no story line.  Just splinter groups fighting off zombies and villain after villain, plus in-fighting (Carol/Morgan, Ron/Carl.)  It's predominantly  violence with little counter balance.  Jessie offered some hope for Rick and it was sad to see her go.  Visions of his going bonkers again.  So glad they didn't go that route.

I think my main problem with the show is that they've been showing so little of the characters as human beings, they're no longer holding my interest as individuals.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top