The Walking Dead

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Walking Dead - Page 2 Empty Re: The Walking Dead

Post by MamaSquirrel Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:57 pm

Hello RCK1960.

Radiation brain? That explains that.
You are positively glowing. (sorry, I had to do it. You looked like you needed the laugh)
You get to follow the comic book, how cool is that? I'm doing good to follow the show
as best I can. I just started watching last year. During the off season, my son 
Netflix-ed the entire marathon for me so I could get caught up. It is a mind.....fudge that hurt, watching all those shows back to back. I'm wandering if that is a part of 
why I have so much trouble with all the names. They all blended together at some 
point.

I didn't see Ron last season, sorry. I guess he didn't seem noticeable to me. What I'm really hoping for this season is that they don't do to what's left of my favorite characters like they did last season. Beth shouldn't have died, and the black kid from the hospital, what was his name? He should still be alive too, and the mayor's husband. Gggrrr. They did away with some of the ones I was hoping to get to know better.
My favorite episode last season was the one where the guy wakes up to find that the 
wolves cut off his leg and  were eating it, and he starts laughing at them. Classic!
That is the kind of sense of humor this show needs every once in a while.

I really don't want to see Carl shot, I was hoping that he is going to be groomed to be the next generation of Rick, should Rick's bloody wrist turn out to be a walker attack wound. If Rick ends up turning, I think Jesse or Ron should be the one to "put him down". 

What is your take on the Mayor? She was going off on that one walker but didn't seem to understand that to take one down, they must be stabbed in the head. What gives with that? Hasn't she been watching Rick enough yet? He needs to start a training school or something. The people from Alexandria are way beyond clueless as to how it 
all works. That could be the whole community's downfall if they aren't careful.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:14 pm

I'm not a really big fan of the Alexandria setting for this season. Don't really know why. Guess I like a more gritty,dark setting for the gang.  Never cared for Ron. He's no good and has "mischief" on his mind
I liked Enid. Would be a total sorry thing for me should something happen to her or if she were a member of the wolves.

News to me about Maggie being pregnant. Didn't hear her say so. Was it when they were in the tunnel?
Hoping the outcome for Glenn is a good one. Though I think  he would be an acceptable choice of the original cast to meet his demise, I wouldn't like it much.
Would also like to see how Rick made it back to the gate. Didn't see him getting "scratched" by a walkers attack. Thought he cut himself on the knife he used on a walker attacking him.
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:08 pm

moo2meow wrote:I'm not a really big fan of the Alexandria setting for this season. Don't really know why. Guess I like a more gritty,dark setting for the gang.  Never cared for Ron. He's no good and has "mischief" on his mind
I liked Enid. Would be a total sorry thing for me should something happen to her or if she were a member of the wolves.

News to me about Maggie being pregnant. Didn't hear her say so. Was it when they were in the tunnel?
Hoping the outcome for Glenn is a good one. Though I think  he would be an acceptable choice of the original cast to meet his demise, I wouldn't like it much.
Would also like to see how Rick made it back to the gate. Didn't see him getting "scratched" by a walkers attack. Thought he cut himself on the knife he used on a walker attacking him.
Hi Moo,
  I didn't see how Rick got cut, so I assumed it was a scratch since it was bleeding pretty good. If he cut himself after killing a walker then he is definitely infected, there is no way out of that.
  Yes Maggie said she is pregnant in the tunnel and that is why the two of them didn't go outside of the grate. She realized that she has more to live for and changed her mind at the last minute. I don't want to see Glenn as a walker, then Maggie would have to put him down and that would destroy her. 
   I don't know enough about Enid to make a call on her, but Ron is going to be a major player in the near future, I think. Trouble on the horizon with that one. Of course, Jesse is a potential player as well. She could be the next generation of Carol-itis to come around. Wouldn't that be a hoot to see Carol giving training classes to all of the original Alexandria ladies, and a few of the gents too.
   Michonne needs to get back and put a foot up the mayor's.....as I was saying, there needs to be a few changes, and it is going to be
a woman to cause them. Rick isn't getting through to the mayor, so it may come down to a woman to woman confrontation to bring the mayor out of her blue funk.
   What do you think of the new doctor in Alexandria? I was not at all thrilled with that kiss. That has bad ju ju written all over it. If she thinks that the girl she kissed is into her and it turns out she doesn't swing that way, the fragile ego of the new doctor will be crushed just in time for her to fail a whole bunch of people who could potentially need her on her toes the most.

Okay, your turn again.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:36 pm

The girl the new "doctor" kissed admitted to being gay in the Terminus season, so I don't think it would upset her in the least. She did smile afterwards. Eugene had hopes towards the dark haired girl,(sorry I can never remember her name), that was when she said she was gay. She had a girlfriend who was killed during the Govenors attack on the prison.
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:00 pm

The black kid that was killed off last season was Noah. Yes, his and Beth's deaths were stunning.

Last season it was Bob that woke up and his leg had been cut off and it was the Termites, the people from Terminus that was Bob-B-Qing his leg. lol. Him and Sasha were getting close when he got bit on a run the preacher took them on to a neighboring town. It happened under the water in a flooded basement which is why no one knew he got bit.

I think a lot of people were screaming at their tv screens when Deanna kept stabbing the walker everywhere except the head. What her son said was true...she is the main reason that none of them where prepared to live in this new world. She had them all convinced they were safe. I think she has finally relinquished leadership to Rick because she realizes that she can't lead a group in this strange new dangerous world that she knows nothing about.

As to Rick and his hand, he got injured when he was killing a few walkers with his knife and his knife blade broke and cut him. Rick knows enough from previous experience that if there is any chance of infection that the limb has to come off. He has his children to live for so I don't think he would take any chances. I don't know how they're going to have that play out if they do anything at all.

As to the new doctor in Alexandria kissing Tara...Tara came out as gay in the first season she was on. The girl in her original group that she had a relationship with was killed off. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:03 pm

I'm going to have to make a cheat sheet for this show. 
Watching it in marathon didn't work, it confused so much for me.
I didn't realize any of the characters had come out, oops.
Noah! I had high hopes for that one. Bob, you just don't eat a
champ like that all at once. Is it Rick's right hand or left? If it's
on his right hand and he is right handed, he'll have to learn to shoot
left handed and that takes practice. How does one practice with limited ammo
and trying to stay quiet? Dang. Too many possibilities here.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:46 pm

I started watching this show with a marathon showing before the 3rd season began. Was hooked by the end of the 1st season ! 
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:35 pm

moo2meow wrote:I started watching this show with a marathon showing before the 3rd season began. Was hooked by the end of the 1st season ! 
Understandably so.

I picked on my son last year for watching the show soooooooo intently. He is obsessed with it.
I didn't watch it then so I didn't get it. However, I was not above dogging him out with a little
"Sweet Daddy D" type jab here and there. If you are also a fan of Jeff Dunham, you will know 
who Sweet Daddy D is and his disdain for Nascar : to that end, I would harp at my son about 
The Walking Dead, saying, "Oh look, they're killing another zombie. Now wait, they're killing 
another zombie. Come back in ten minutes and you haven't missed a single thing"

I now concede defeat, the show actually does have more substance than just the zombie killings.
Yet on the other side of the coin, I also watch Izombie, and my son is not impressed at all with that
show. I'm thinking because very few zombies are getting killed, he's not nearly as thrilled by it. It's 
all make believe anyway, so why not enjoy both shows, right?
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:10 pm

Tonight's show is over in Central time, for those of you that have yet to see it, you are really going to like this one.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:47 am

Perhaps this show has run its course for me.  It seems I'm interested as I watch (always love seeing Daryl) but when it's over, I think, what the hell happened?  Half the show was dedicated to punctuatiing Daryl's good heart, the other half to Abe releasing his frustration.  It's so segmented and moving so slowly - too many loose ends and subplots.

1.  Glenn's fate?
2.  The wolves?
3.  Walkers at the gates of Alexandria
4.  Love interests for Rick and Abe
5.  Is Carl going to go over the wall for Enid - and is she actually a wolf-pack scout?
6.  The issue of Morgan's refusal to kill
7.  Is Ron going to try to kill Rick?
8.  Glenn on the walkie?  Or the blonde guy?

??????  Each one of these subplots is interrupted by yet another subplot.  All this, while many are still wondering how Rick escaped the RV.  The season's course seems created by ADD writers.  I don't enjoy being led in so many different directions.  Two more episodes to resolve the more immediate problems, yet I'm wondering if we'll be left hanging.  If no answers are forthcoming, I might be done.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:22 am

I can't answer most of what you posted Singly, but the one thing that I thought was pretty cool about how the episode ended, it appears that the trio in the new fuel truck are heading to Rick's location, which I'm hoping explains how Rick got away from all the walkers at the RV. If a rocket launcher is involved, all the better. LOL
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:54 pm

I too find myself a bit "confused" with all that's going on right now,Singly. I want to know what became of Glenn and how the heck did Rick make it out of the mess he was in. It's good to have back story on the other characters on the show but not so much at the same time.
We'll probably get some indication on Glenn's fate before the break and hopefully he is the one on the walkie.
Any show with Daryl is a good episode.

Don't give up, Singly. Will miss posting with you here.

Flower
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:57 am

It's not often you see a show that brings forward motion to a screeching halt for the softer side.  It sorta reminds me of Pulp Fiction's bouncing.  But...I liked Pulp Fiction.  This - not so much.  Of course, I'll see out the season, but they'd better leave me wanting more.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:48 am

singlyme wrote:It's not often you see a show that brings forward motion to a screeching halt for the softer side.  It sorta reminds me of Pulp Fiction's bouncing.  But...I liked Pulp Fiction.  This - not so much.  Of course, I'll see out the season, but they'd better leave me wanting more.
I love that line, "....but they better leave me wanting more."
Don't they always?  By the last episode I'm usually jumping up and down in my head 
over the cliff hangers in these kind of shows. Chumping at the bit, wanting to see
just what they have up their sleeves, knowing that I have to wait drives me crazy.

I guess that is why I like shows like this, because they drive me crazy.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:28 pm

I think the reason they have so many stories going at one time right now is because each of them are going to tie together in the near future and they have to give us the background as infuriating as it may seem now. As much as I hated how they screeched to a halt after the Glenn episode and then had the Morgan background episode, I think they had to show us that to explain how Morgan came about to be how he is now and it will play a part in the big scene that's coming. That couple that took Daryl's motorcycle and crossbow at gunpoint are going to be trouble coming up soon as well.   

I think they may be waiting until the mid-season finale to reveal what exactly happened to Glenn. The waiting is building tension as you have witnessed with so many people dying to know what happened. These writers aren't amateurs. They know what draws a huge audience and they are working it to the max. 

Moo2, I had already heard that the voice on the radio is not Glenn. Some have speculated that it might be a flashback to Rick and the RV escape but that wouldn't make sense either. When Rick made it back to Alexandria he was running full speed in front of the walkers. He wasn't with Daryl, Abraham, and Sasha. Who knows who it is at this point.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:51 am

I understand what you're saying, rkc (middle paragraph) and I may be odd - but I'm losing interest.  We've seen so little of our core group as a unit that I've lost my concern for Glenn.  He and Maggie now seem a romance from the distant past.

Apparently, I'm in the minority.  My grandson thinks the writing is brilliant.  I, on the other hand, feel manipulated - as if I'm forced to watch bs if I want to eventually discover what happened to Glenn.  To me, it wasn't worth 90 minutes to know how Morgan regained his sanity.  Given the previews for next week, they're going to turn him back into a killing machine.

Bottom line, I miss the interaction of the group as a whole.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:46 pm

I like spending time with my kids too, but since I can't do that everyday, I adjust.
That's sort of how I feel about them singling out each player for a feature episode 
every now and then. Problem with that is that with a core group the size they have, to give each player equal time, could take a few episodes. Just a thought.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:18 pm

I was not expecting that. I won't spoil it for anyone who has not seen it yet, but it
did answer a few of the questions we had raised here. It also makes me wonder just
what is it the writers are smoking. 

Why are they having a mid season finale? Why not just run the series from the beginning
to the end of the season? Next week is going to be one to watch but then after that.....
the waiting begins again.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:52 am

Glenn supposed death scene weeks ago was a shock but as weeks wore on I started picking up clues that he was still alive. I'm glad that was solved last night.

That kid (keep forgetting his name) appears to definitely be going after Carl. Stealing the bullets pretty much confirms this. I'm wondering if a scene from the comics is about to happen that involves Carl but instead of Deanna doing it as in the comics that it is this kid instead? Not going to say as to not spoil something that may be about to happen. If you want to know what happens in the comic then you can inbox me.

Enid is still a mystery.

I had to laugh last night when Tara flipped Rick off. I love Rick on the show but I think sometimes he needs a reality check that he is not in charge of peoples emotions as well.

That tower falling at the end is going to be a real cliffhanger for the mid-season finale. I've gotten used to having the mid-season break. I am usually really busy between Thanksgiving and Christmas so it makes the time go faster.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:21 pm

The kid that is 'gunning' for Carl is Ron. I'm not sure that the writers are going to follow the comic too closely, but they are trying to keep some mystery in the show.

Enid is beyond a mystery to me. I don't know what her problem is or why she feels the 
need to take all her anger out on Glenn or Maggie or whoever else crosses her path.

Tara flipping Rick off was spot on, IMO.

I couldn't figure out who was tossing the lumber out of the tower, I thought that was
the lumber that Rick was using until the tower fell. Then I realized that Rick was getting his lumber somewhere else. But then how is it that Rick and that other guy were working 'right there' (!!) how is it that neither of them noticed the wood flying out of the tower for a couple of days? They noticed a tiny trickle of blood on the wall, but not the noise of the lumber from the tower hitting the ground? Really? 

I see your point about the holiday break but I like having the show as my breather some times.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Was wondering the same about the wood falling from the tower, Mama S. Why they didn't notice it is beyond me !

Loved Tara giving Rick the flying finger. Would have done the same.
So glad Glenn didn't die and will continue to hope he stays that way considering what may be coming up in the final half of the season.
Hope someone takes out that little pri__ Ron. Don't like him one bit. Heard the voice on the walkie better and agree with both of you that it's more than likely Rick in the RV. If they continue the Sasha & Abraham interest, what's Abraham going to say to the one girl he was "seeing" last season. The one with the pigtails who was showing how to use a machete.
Loved it when Rick ripped down the notice the preacher taped up. Don't like that guy at all.
Mama S., have you considered getting the series on disc? You'll be able to watch anytime you feel the need come over you.
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:12 am

Given the previews, (Daryl has his bike), I'd say the "help" came from the blonde guy.  They'll probably find him and the girl dead a few miles down the road as they head back home.  As for the lumber, I assumed it was for reinforcement of the fence.

Since the gov had an eye patch, I'm wondering if they'd go this repetitive route with Carl.  In that Georgia heat, I'd think it would be miserable and sweaty.  That hindrance is one thing for a temp character, but I assume Carl will be here for the duration.  It's his story in the comics, isn't it?  The actor playing Ron is excellent in his subtle portrayal of hate and revenge.  And Carl's "tips" seemed to come from arrogance over the kid.  His expertise came across as snide digs.

I thought it childish of Rick to rip down the posters.  Didn't Gabriel have a "come to Jesus" moment after his crisis with Sasha?  And do I remember correctly that he confessed his cowardice to Deanna?  But I also think Rick's rip came from his idea of time better spent learning to shoot rather than praying.

My son and I were trying to figure out why Rick was so upset with Tara.  She didn't appear to be in any danger when shooting walkers from under Spencer.  Speaking of whom, what an idiot.  And who's writing this character.  The last we saw him, he was getting drunk and stealing crackers.  Now, suddenly, he wants to be a hero?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a twist with Glenn still finding a way to die on the finale - or Maggie.  And I never saw a dumpster high enough off the ground for anyone to slither under it.  Pfft.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:54 am

Where do I start? Getting the show on dvd, I would be hard pressed to set up the dvd player and be able to switch it back so I could watch Jeopardy too. So I'll just skip that, besides, we have Netflix, I could get in there and marathon it again. I might see somethings I missed the first time. Ok, I'm sure I would see things I missed the first time.

Abraham, now there is a piece of work. I can not put my finger on which direction he really wants to go. He's funny, interesting and still, as the story line goes, moderately killable. I wouldn't like it, but that is just kind of how I read that one into the story.

Ron.....let's call him a schmuck, if it's okay with you. If you are unfamiliar with the definition of that word, please pm me and I'll have you laughing almost to tears on that.
My mother was a woman of many mysteries, and she said never call a man a pr**k, especially in anger, since that was the best part of a man. Her words, not mine.

So Ron wants to kill Carl, but now that the wall has been breached, I'm thinking Carl
might just end up saving Ron's scrawny little a........asked to get lessons on shooting?
I think they should have taught him how to stab walkers in the head, shouldn't they? 

What the heck got into Eugene all of a sudden? I thought he was coming around to the
whole survival idea, now he's reverting back to his, "I can't do this" BS ways? Really? What did I miss there? 

Spencer, there is another lose-able character, problem is that he might surprise me and turn out to be a key player for a few seasons. He could go either way. Of course it won't happen if he keeps doing dumb sh..........shouldn't Deanna be controlling her children a little better? What's up with that?

I thought the same thing about the height of the dumpster, but then I remembered there are three different styles in the same size class. One is for general trash, this one is super low to the ground. The second is the recycler, for plastics and such, it is a little higher off the ground because of the type of wheels on it. And the highest one is the cardboard bin, with tall casters so that if the bin is too packed and jammed, a forklift can be used to lift it and tilt is so the dumpster driver can unjam it with his truck's forks.

(I have spent way too much time in really dirty jobs. Trivial information should not come that easy to an old woman like me)
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moo2meow Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:46 pm

So easy for the word pri__ . I can swear a blue streak for any given reason. Angry or not.
moo2meow
moo2meow
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MamaSquirrel Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:00 am

moo2meow wrote:So easy for the word pri__ . I can swear a blue streak for any given reason. Angry or not.
A woman after my own heart.....I'm a bit of a swearer myself. Just also out for a laugh whenever possible. 
It's all good.
MamaSquirrel
MamaSquirrel
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top