Survivor 2013

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor 2013 - Page 6 Empty Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Ughwhatname Mon May 13, 2013 11:14 pm

rkc1960 wrote:
Ughwhatname wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:SPOILER....IF YOU RECORDED IT AND DIDN'T WATCH THE FINALE YET...

Oh well, it is what it is. They got us again on the editing. Didn't think it would be Erik (whom I wanted to win out of the final 5) to get taken out of the game. I knew at that point that that Eddie was doomed as well. As much as Eddie tried to convince Cochran that he would be the lesser threat between him and Dawn I knew Cochran was not stupid. Eddie would have had a chance on beating him based on the fact that he was a goner week after week and he was still there in the end and he would have had votes from the jury.

As to the question and answer period...I knew that was going to be interesting. Sherri actually thought she had a chance of winning which I thought was humorous. Then she was basicly ignored by everyone except maybe two and at that point she knew, I'm sure. I like that Erik tried to get her to realize that she didn't stand a chance because she didn't really play the game but ride people coattails which she refused to acknowledge. She obviously didn't like that due to her reaction to him. I wanted to slap her for being so out and out rude to him...bitch...lol.

I knew out of the final three standing that it would be Cochran and it became already clear during the question period. As much as he bugged me for certain things he did, out the the final three I would have rather it went to him. Oh well, he had to pay for Harvard somehow and I didn't realize that Sherri already had money so she doesn't need more. I liked the fact that almost everyone started pointing out to Dawn that her constant crying was not garnering sympathy from anyone but it was annoying the heck out of everyone. I also like that it was brought up what she did to Brenda as a reason not to vote for her. Wasn't sure where Brenda was going with needing Dawn to take out her teeth until after she did it and Brenda said she wanted her to feel like she did.

All in all it was a great finale and I was happy that Malcolm took the viewer favorite prize. Maybe he'll take some acting lessons LOL. I didn't think there was a second place prize anymore so I was glad no money went to Dawn or Sherri. Seems they are cutting their budget...no second prize money and the other cast members weren't on stage so they didn't have to fly them in. Congrats to Brenda who looked like she was ready to pop any minute.

Survivor 2013 - Page 6 1845352943

The other contestants were there, they were in the front row of the audience. They also flew in Boston Rob and Rudy, filmed Richard Hatch and had Brenda available by satellite. I don't think it was a matter of budget cuts. Probably more likely, they didn't want folks to strategize for second place.

I saw some of them in the crowd but that doesn't necessarily mean that the show flew them in. I'm just saying that they are normally on stage with the rest of the group and they weren't this time.

I suspect it was just the jury which appeared on stage. I really doubt those others paid their own way to appear in the audience.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Mon May 13, 2013 11:16 pm

SLA44 wrote:
whit22 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:Thanks for the info onthte timing of the show and what was going to happen with the second place prize money.

Also read that the jury members were the only ones allowed on stage the rest of the tribe mates were in the audience expcet for Brandon. Brandon and Russell were tweeting that they were going to go after Phillip especially more Russell than Brandon so Brandon was not invited Survivor 2013 - Page 6 824643984. Thank Goodness never want to see the mental case again.

Each of the woman will receive around 98k.

I wonder why they will receive so much. If second place was supposed to be !00k they should only get around 50k each being neither of them got a single vote. Actually they should probably get nothing being they didn't get a single vote IMO. Survivor 2013 - Page 6 3818743426

I thought they did away with second place money. The $98K doesn't make any sense to me neither.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 13, 2013 11:58 pm

Ughwhatname wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
whit22 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:Thanks for the info onthte timing of the show and what was going to happen with the second place prize money.

Also read that the jury members were the only ones allowed on stage the rest of the tribe mates were in the audience expcet for Brandon. Brandon and Russell were tweeting that they were going to go after Phillip especially more Russell than Brandon so Brandon was not invited Survivor 2013 - Page 6 824643984. Thank Goodness never want to see the mental case again.

Each of the woman will receive around 98k.

I wonder why they will receive so much. If second place was supposed to be !00k they should only get around 50k each being neither of them got a single vote. Actually they should probably get nothing being they didn't get a single vote IMO. Survivor 2013 - Page 6 3818743426

I thought they did away with second place money. The $98K doesn't make any sense to me neither.

Since now they have three people that are in the finals there is a second place money and a third place money they will divide that up between the two of them and the net will be 98k each but I myself agree with SLA44 that neither should get any. But there has always been a second place money I just learned today after reading about it that the third place person also receives money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14, 2013 5:56 am

IMO I think the 2nd and 3rd place should still get to split the 2nd place money. Even though we don't like them much, they did stay out there for as long as they did and I think they should be rewarded for that.

I am with everyone else, disappointed so much with this finale. I can't stand Cochran! Oh well!

Also, my thoughts on why they didn't have the entire cast on stage was because Brandon was definitely not going to be invited so instead of making that obvious, they opted to just have the jury up there. That's just my thought on the subject.

Also, what the heck does blood vs. water mean? The only thing I can think of is that "blood" means they are related and they would be on a tribe together but how would that be fair? An immediate alliance is already formed. I would love to hear your thoughts.

I think Brenda must have gotten pregnant right after filming which would make sense with her being due any day now.

I think Dawn taking her teeth out was pretty harsh. Why did she have to make such an angry face? Yikes! I thought Brenda looked remorseful after Dawn did that. That was a sad moment in Survivor history. Hope this all dies down for Dawn. She definitely turned into someone different out there because I don't remember her being like this on her first season.

Those are my thoughts on the finale. Once again, my laptop died so I'm not on as much. Hoping it's just the power cord that crapped out. Will be out all day enjoying a field trip with my daughter so I will check back in later with you guys. Hope you have a great day.

~ATN Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue May 14, 2013 8:55 am

ATN, I also thought blood vs water meant family members. And yes, it would be an immediate alliance. But if the entire tribe is family.... Lord, can you imagine the feelings at having to vote off your sister? At least, you'd be able to talk openly. "Look, sis, you're holding us back. Bite it for the family." lol.

I agree about Dawn. She was much different this time around. I don't think she liked herself during the season. After Brenda, NO ONE seemed to like her. Taking the teeth out being so important to Brenda was a way of taking back the favor of finding them in the first place. "You stabbed me in the back. Now, give me back the favor I shouldn't have done for you." She wanted Dawn to feel the hurt that she inflicted with the betrayal. Harsh, but it was a way of saying she was finished with her.

I couldn't stand Cochran either. And I'm glad (still) that Brandon didn't take part in the finale. Some real mental/emotional issues with that guy.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 15, 2013 9:44 pm

Singly, I'm wondering more and more about this blood vs. water concept. What if blood does mean "family" but water means "friends." Just a thought....the new season can't come soon enough!

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 16, 2013 8:14 am

ATN wrote:Singly, I'm wondering more and more about this blood vs. water concept. What if blood does mean "family" but water means "friends." Just a thought....the new season can't come soon enough!

H-m-m-m. That's a good possibility on the water.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:07 pm

DetailsCategory: SURVIVORPublished on Wednesday, 25 June 2014 08:29Hits: 1000
Survivor 2013 - Page 6 Survivor_bw_leadSURVIVOR
CALEB BANKSTON DEAD

Sad news for Survivor fans. Caleb Bankston, who was a contestant on Survivor: Blood vs. Water died yesterday in a train accident.People was the first to report the news. 

Survivor 2013 - Page 6 Caleb_colton

According to ET Online, Caleb, who worked for Alabama Warrior Railway in Brimingham was on a train that derailed. There is no further information about the accident at this time. 

The 26-year-old  appeared on the show in 2013 with his fiance Colton Cumbie. The couple placed ninth during their season. 

Their fellow Survivor contestants, includingBilly Garcia, Aras Baskauskas and Christina Cha shared their condolences via social media. 

TVGrapevine will continue to bring you information as it becomes available. We send our love, thoughts and prayers to Caleb's loved ones during this difficult time. 

Follow me on social media:
Facebook: Sammi-T
Twitter: TVG_Sammi
Instagram: TVG_Sammi

http://www.tvgrapevine.com/2013-12-12-08-00-22/survivor/6993-survivor-caleb-bankston-dead
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:34 am

This is so sad.  I shudder to think what emotional Colton is going through.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top