Survivor 2013

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:53 am

What a switch-up! And what an advantage for one team. They have all the strong guys - and they've escaped that joker, Phillip! Joker I hear him and wonder why the government hasn't stepped in. "Stealth R Us?" Seriously?

I think they made a serious mistake in letting Matt go. Julia was worthless in the challenge and probably will repeat her efforts in the next. They'll pay for this decision with more losses. Reynolds and Eddie lucked out. And I hope Marcus will emerge as the leader of the new team.

Ah, well. Next week.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:52 am

singlyme wrote:What a switch-up! And what an advantage for one team. They have all the strong guys - and they've escaped that joker, Phillip! Joker I hear him and wonder why the government hasn't stepped in. "Stealth R Us?" Seriously?

I think they made a serious mistake in letting Matt go. Julia was worthless in the challenge and probably will repeat her efforts in the next. They'll pay for this decision with more losses. Reynolds and Eddie lucked out. And I hope Marcus will emerge as the leader of the new team.

Ah, well. Next week.

I haven't watched it yet because it conflicts with American Idol and so I watch Survivor on-line. I forgot they were going to change up the tribes last night so I will try to watch today and then come back with my thoughts.

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1195
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 pm

singlyme wrote:What a switch-up! And what an advantage for one team. They have all the strong guys - and they've escaped that joker, Phillip! Joker I hear him and wonder why the government hasn't stepped in. "Stealth R Us?" Seriously?

I think they made a serious mistake in letting Matt go. Julia was worthless in the challenge and probably will repeat her efforts in the next. They'll pay for this decision with more losses. Reynolds and Eddie lucked out. And I hope Marcus will emerge as the leader of the new team.

Ah, well. Next week.

I agree with you it made me sad when they sent Matt home he really got to my heart when he said that everyone accepts him here just the way he is. I have no clue why they did that makes no sense you keep your strong players first and get rid of the weak ones Julia is useless to this tribe and they will keep on losing. WOW what can you say about the other tribe all young and strong. Malcom needs to get with Reynold and when the time is right get rid of him he is the only one that will challenge Malcom when they merge to one tribe. Keep him for another week or so then get rid of him need to make him use his idol first.

Team Malcom !!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:05 am

Please send Phillip home!! *sigh* I just imagine the "men in the white coats* waiting to escort him to the nearest facility. I seriously believed the entire team was going to surprise us by sidestepping the Julia/(can't think of his name) issue and just flip for a Phillip vote - unanimously.

I, too, like Malcom. You hit the nail on the head, Whit, with his getting together with Reynold. They both seem like good guys and I hope we'll see an alliance that goes to the end. Unless something really weird happens, they should both be able to take challenges up to the end.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:41 pm

I knew Phillip was not going any where they are at the point that I think they are counting numbers and think once they get back with the Fan side they think they will be safe. I loved it when Phillp said that he threw the challenge just to get rid of Jullia what a joke. I think if Malcom and Reynold play this game right they could take it to the end. I bet you money that Malcom has practiced balancing a ball between two sticks LOL. If he would of won that challenge last season I think he would won the game. I think they might merge next week or for sure the week after.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:38 am

Lol at Phillip throwing the challenge. What a doofus! The sad part is that he thinks people respect his government agent status. I think he was quite surprised that everyone went against him and voted off Julia. He thought he could manipulate her and wanted her to stay.

I have to admit, he's generally good at challenges and has the strength they need. It's the only reason to put up with his bs and keep him. As soon as they merge, I think he'll be a target - just to stop the spy fairy tale and shut him up.

I must admit, I'd be curious to know what branch of government he served with. Whichever, it's a strike against them. :geek:

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Ughwhatname on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:56 am

singlyme wrote:Lol at Phillip throwing the challenge. What a doofus! The sad part is that he thinks people respect his government agent status. I think he was quite surprised that everyone went against him and voted off Julia. He thought he could manipulate her and wanted her to stay.

I have to admit, he's generally good at challenges and has the strength they need. It's the only reason to put up with his bs and keep him. As soon as they merge, I think he'll be a target - just to stop the spy fairy tale and shut him up.

I must admit, I'd be curious to know what branch of government he served with. Whichever, it's a strike against them. :geek:



Phillip is definitely a loose cannon, though for some reason, seems quite persuasive. Along with that, he's a bit nutty. That is NOT someone I would want on the jury. If I were playing, I'd want to be sure to get him out before that.

_________________
Ugh

Ughwhatname

Posts : 159
Likes : 36
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Ughwhatname wrote:
singlyme wrote:Lol at Phillip throwing the challenge. What a doofus! The sad part is that he thinks people respect his government agent status. I think he was quite surprised that everyone went against him and voted off Julia. He thought he could manipulate her and wanted her to stay.

I have to admit, he's generally good at challenges and has the strength they need. It's the only reason to put up with his bs and keep him. As soon as they merge, I think he'll be a target - just to stop the spy fairy tale and shut him up.

I must admit, I'd be curious to know what branch of government he served with. Whichever, it's a strike against them. :geek:



Phillip is definitely a loose cannon, though for some reason, seems quite persuasive. Along with that, he's a bit nutty. That is NOT someone I would want on the jury. If I were playing, I'd want to be sure to get him out before that.

That is very smart thinking Ugh! I agree he does seem to be quite persuasive and therefore could be very dangerous on the jury to whoever crossed the wrong path with him. Afraid


Last edited by SLA44 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1195
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:13 am

I want to know why he still keep swearing those bulging underwear things. He had to see how he looked last time. It is disrespectful to the women and probably offensive to some viewers.

victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:08 am

victorian3 wrote:I want to know why he still keep swearing those bulging underwear things. He had to see how he looked last time. It is disrespectful to the women and probably offensive to some viewers.

That is probably exactly why he does it ~ you could say he is just too full of himself (in more ways than one ).

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1195
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by victorian3 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:15 am

That's all I have to say. Oh, and ITA. Good night.

victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:25 am

I must say that I'd stay at least three feet away from anyone wearing briefs as a tribal outfit! Especially the pink ones. lol.

I wonder if tonight will produce a merge. I'm hoping they'll do this in time to keep Dawn from being voted off. I like that gal. She really got the crappy end of the stick, being left with Phillip.

Have you ever wondered how you would've fared on this show when you were younger? I would've been great on the water challenges. But strength and aggression-wise, an utter flop. Too tentative. And I hate combat, which is why I've never had any interest in contact sports.

Do you think you could have outwitted and outlasted?

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:01 pm

singlyme wrote:I must say that I'd stay at least three feet away from anyone wearing briefs as a tribal outfit! Especially the pink ones. lol.

I wonder if tonight will produce a merge. I'm hoping they'll do this in time to keep Dawn from being voted off. I like that gal. She really got the crappy end of the stick, being left with Phillip.

Have you ever wondered how you would've fared on this show when you were younger? I would've been great on the water challenges. But strength and aggression-wise, an utter flop. Too tentative. And I hate combat, which is why I've never had any interest in contact sports.

Do you think you could have outwitted and outlasted?

Love this show it is one of my top favorites but as soon as a snake or rat came crawling around me I would call Jeff and tell him I have to go LOL.

I think they might merge tonight but if not so it will be next week for sure.

Team Malcom !!!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by victorian3 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:19 pm

singlyme wrote:I must say that I'd stay at least three feet away from anyone wearing briefs as a tribal outfit! Especially the pink ones. lol.

I wonder if tonight will produce a merge. I'm hoping they'll do this in time to keep Dawn from being voted off. I like that gal. She really got the crappy end of the stick, being left with Phillip.

Have you ever wondered how you would've fared on this show when you were younger? I would've been great on the water challenges. But strength and aggression-wise, an utter flop. Too tentative. And I hate combat, which is why I've never had any interest in contact sports.

Do you think you could have outwitted and outlasted?
Yes, they definitely merge tonight. I have it on pause just to come and post this. (Meant to do it earlier but was trying to get tax stuff together and it took ALL day!!!)
BEWARE a gross immunity clallenge (first individual one of the season). I know from the previews last week that they have to eat disgusting things like bugs and brains. This makes many of them quite ill which I do not care to witness and especially don't want to watch while eating my daily alotted snack (tonight it is chocolate chip cookies--2- freshly baked from the supermarket). SO, if any of you also could do without those scenes, pause and then fast forward, or mute and walk away for a few minutes; or, if you are not bothered, sit and watch. That is the one problem I have with this show--disgusting close up sick scenes.

As far as my lasting, maybe half an hour. I need my water. drink two liters every day of Poland Spring. Need a "real" toilet , regular food, and would have problems with bug bites. Maybe I could do it for one hour a day but only if it was the part where you sit around talking. What a woosy I am...

victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:00 pm

Hi Vic3, I'm glad you came on and said something about the show - I got to watch the last half on the live stream! At least you menace didn't prance around in his pink shorties while I was watching tonight - but unfortunately he is still there! Crying or Very sad

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1195
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by victorian3 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:33 pm

SLA44 wrote:Hi Vic3, I'm glad you came on and said something about the show - I got to watch the last half on the live stream! At least you menace didn't prance around in his pink shorties while I was watching tonight - but unfortunately he is still there! Crying or Very sad
Glad because of my warning or because you forgot it was on?
Yes, Phillip seems to be covering up. Maybe he is teasing the ladies and wants them to eat their hearts out while waiting for the pinkies to return

victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:40 pm

victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:Hi Vic3, I'm glad you came on and said something about the show - I got to watch the last half on the live stream! At least you menace didn't prance around in his pink shorties while I was watching tonight - but unfortunately he is still there! Crying or Very sad
Glad because of my warning or because you forgot it was on?
Yes, Phillip seems to be covering up. Maybe he is teasing the ladies and wants them to eat their hearts out while waiting for the pinkies to return

Glad because it reminded me to see if I could get it earlier on live stream and it worked! I was having a conflict with it and American Idol coming on at the same time and with no way to record one while I watched the other.

Maybe Phillip was just giving PC a try being that they just merged ~ the pinkies will probably return next week!

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1195
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by victorian3 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 pm

SLA44 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:Hi Vic3, I'm glad you came on and said something about the show - I got to watch the last half on the live stream! At least you menace didn't prance around in his pink shorties while I was watching tonight - but unfortunately he is still there! Crying or Very sad
Glad because of my warning or because you forgot it was on?
Yes, Phillip seems to be covering up. Maybe he is teasing the ladies and wants them to eat their hearts out while waiting for the pinkies to return

Glad because it reminded me to see if I could get it earlier on live stream and it worked! I was having a conflict with it and American Idol coming on at the same time and with no way to record one while I watched the other.

Maybe Phillip was just giving PC a try being that they just merged ~ the pinkies will probably return next week!
Why do you wnt to watch on livestream? Doesn't that mean that it is 5 PM for you? (Aren't you on west coast?)
You can wait til it is on and then watch one, record one. I have comcast and that's all I can do but some people have a system where you can record 4 or even 8 programs at the same time. So many choices. Then it comes down to price, service, etc. I remember being happy that i just had a color tv.Laughing
Phillip should have bought his skimpies in every color. At least people wouldn't be bored
Back to Nashville....

victorian3
Power User

Posts : 871
Likes : 3
Join date : 2013-03-04

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by SLA44 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:49 pm

victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:
victorian3 wrote:
SLA44 wrote:Hi Vic3, I'm glad you came on and said something about the show - I got to watch the last half on the live stream! At least you menace didn't prance around in his pink shorties while I was watching tonight - but unfortunately he is still there! Crying or Very sad
Glad because of my warning or because you forgot it was on?
Yes, Phillip seems to be covering up. Maybe he is teasing the ladies and wants them to eat their hearts out while waiting for the pinkies to return

Glad because it reminded me to see if I could get it earlier on live stream and it worked! I was having a conflict with it and American Idol coming on at the same time and with no way to record one while I watched the other.

Maybe Phillip was just giving PC a try being that they just merged ~ the pinkies will probably return next week!
Why do you wnt to watch on livestream? Doesn't that mean that it is 5 PM for you? (Aren't you on west coast?)
You can wait til it is on and then watch one, record one. I have comcast and that's all I can do but some people have a system where you can record 4 or even 8 programs at the same time. So many choices. Then it comes down to price, service, etc. I remember being happy that i just had a color tv.Laughing
Phillip should have bought his skimpies in every color. At least people wouldn't be bored
Back to Nashville....

Yes I'm on the west coast and that is 5:00 for me but I am one of the few in this country that does not have cable and therefore no DVR or any other way to record so if I can watch on live stream it solves that problem for me. Sad

SLA44
Power User

Posts : 19796
Likes : 1195
Join date : 2013-03-03
Location : Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:41 am

I'm beginning to think maybe Amber needs to go. She messed things up for our boys last night. I hope they DO get rid of Phillip next week so we can watch the show in peace.

I got a chuckle out of your chocolate chips, Vic. I was eating the last of the brownies when the food challenge came up. Just kept my eyes down until he announced the winner of each round.

I'm with you about watching people upchuck. There's a ridiculous amount of it on TV and in movies. Must be a new item for the resume of an actor. By leaps and bounds, the entertainment industry is destroying any semblance of couth or manners. I don't want to see people vomiting, sitting on toilets, having conversations at urinals, etc. Even Jacoby farting is becoming a running joke on DWTS. NOTHING has the privacy it did in the past. And the younger gens are completely accepting of it.

Curiosity: I always thought it odd that on TV, you could take the Lord's name in vain, call people a bitch, bastard or whore - yet you couldn't say "shit" - the tamest word of all (and my favorite swear word). Now, we not only hear it - we SEE it. *head shaking*

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Ughwhatname on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:41 am

singlyme wrote:...Even Jacoby farting is becoming a running joke on DWTS. NOTHING has the privacy it did in the past. And the younger gens are completely accepting of it.

Curiosity: I always thought it odd that on TV, you could take the Lord's name in vain, call people a bitch, bastard or whore - yet you couldn't say "shit" - the tamest word of all (and my favorite swear word). Now, we not only hear it - we SEE it. *head shaking*



Funny you mention that because I was at work and quietly mentioned that I didn't feel well and had cramps, and my 20-something receptionist practically shouts, "Do you want some Midol?" I mentioned that the volume wasn't appropriate for the conversation, and she responded that its no big deal, etc. and that when a friend asks for a tampon, she'll throw it across the room to them.

Must be a generational thing.

_________________
Ugh

Ughwhatname

Posts : 159
Likes : 36
Join date : 2013-03-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:48 pm

singlyme wrote:I'm beginning to think maybe Amber needs to go. She messed things up for our boys last night. I hope they DO get rid of Phillip next week so we can watch the show in peace.

I got a chuckle out of your chocolate chips, Vic. I was eating the last of the brownies when the food challenge came up. Just kept my eyes down until he announced the winner of each round.

I'm with you about watching people upchuck. There's a ridiculous amount of it on TV and in movies. Must be a new item for the resume of an actor. By leaps and bounds, the entertainment industry is destroying any semblance of couth or manners. I don't want to see people vomiting, sitting on toilets, having conversations at urinals, etc. Even Jacoby farting is becoming a running joke on DWTS. NOTHING has the privacy it did in the past. And the younger gens are completely accepting of it.

Curiosity: I always thought it odd that on TV, you could take the Lord's name in vain, call people a bitch, bastard or whore - yet you couldn't say "shit" - the tamest word of all (and my favorite swear word). Now, we not only hear it - we SEE it. *head shaking*

If you think about it Dawn was the one that told Phillip and then he went to Amber about it so if anyone messed with the boys it was Dawn not Amber. Dawn is trying to hard this time around love her but wish she would think before she talks. Hopefully next week the boys will get back on track. The preview showed Malcom talking with Dawn hope that does not come back and haunt him and Eddie is flirting with Amber maybe it is their new plan. I can not understand the devoution that these ladies have with Phillip.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:46 am

You're right, whit. My boo-boo.

I believe they were holding onto Phillip for two reasons: Loyalty to the favorites alliance - and he was the only after the team shake-up who had any male strength. The only reason it was Corinne is because she betrayed the alliance in going with the boys. JMO.

And I don't know what it is with Eddie, but I sense something shady beneath the surface - in general.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by rkc1960 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:32 pm

singlyme wrote:You're right, whit. My boo-boo.

I believe they were holding onto Phillip for two reasons: Loyalty to the favorites alliance - and he was the only after the team shake-up who had any male strength. The only reason it was Corinne is because she betrayed the alliance in going with the boys. JMO.

And I don't know what it is with Eddie, but I sense something shady beneath the surface - in general.

Corinne obviously didn't see that coming. I think that most will gun for the fans next to just have them gone and then they'll probably get rid of Phillip first out of the favorites just because he is annoying. We had to sit here and laugh at Phillip claiming he threw that challenge on purpose. He has been lacking in many challenges lately.

Does anyone else think that Eddie is going to start coming on to Amber just so he has an in to the favorites? Does anyone think she is dumb enough to fall for it?

And that immunity challenge had me gagging big time. I would have had to just walk away without even attempting it and took my chances at the tribal council.

rkc1960
Power User

Posts : 990
Likes : 231
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Survivor 2013

Post by singlyme on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:33 pm

No way I would've eaten that crap either. Especially those embryos.

It's just so important to Phillip to be viewed as a superior being. lol.

Like I said, there's something about Eddie that doesn't sit well with me. Kinda like a fast-talking car salesman, maybe.

singlyme
Power User

Posts : 2064
Likes : 249
Join date : 2013-03-10
Location : PA

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum